Sanderson Automotive Service

Brett M.
Jeep Patriot
03/20/2019
Fixed my car but didn't tighten the lug nuts on my car
Fixed my vehicle but they did not tighten the lug nuts when they were done. The next garage I went to told me that they were able to unscrew the lug nuts by hand on both of the front tires.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 03/28/2019

I would like to first say I am sorry that your lug nuts were not properly torqued. I will not try to make excuses as to why this happened. We have never had this happen before, but our proceedure for hand torqueing the lug nuts was not followed. I have addressed this issue with all my employees and added another step that requires two people verify that all wheels are properly torqued. I have tryed to reach you by phone, and left you a massage.

Jack B.
11/21/2018
Don't go to Sanderson Automotive
Twice as expensive as the other rip off joint. Took in a Subaru 2.5 with a bad miss fire for diagnostic only - I didn't have time to deal with it myself. $100 later Sanderson comes back with "leaking valve cover gasket and plug tube seal with oil fouled plug wire." I replace gaskets, seals, plugs, and wires with no effect - what the heck. Now I have to deal with it. Check; fuel injectors - ok, coils - ok, compression - 60lbs on cyl. 1 & 3. Aha, likely head gasket blown, but wait, timing marks won't line up. Timing belt has jumped three teeth on the cam pulley. Pull head - has bent exhaust valves. So for what did Sanderson Automotive charge me $100 - a visual inspection. They don't charge more because they are better, they charge more to make you think they are better. They are not!
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 12/18/2018

Jack, I would like to state right off that I apologize if there was any misunderstanding which I feel there may be- I felt that we were very clear in our communications with and the items that were evaluated per standards on your vehicle that needed servicing based on these standard and/or failure. All repairs approved by you were completed in a step by step process and as we went over with you and approval to perform- Our goal here is to perform the necessary checks and repairs for all of our clients- and to note we do a pretty successful job at this day in and day out. I will be more than glad to address any needs and/or concerns that you may have and provide you with the best service practices that we can provide- I do understand just how frustrating it can be at times with repairs that are not expected or planned on.

We thank you for your business and understanding----

Casey S.
Ohio
Chrysler Sebring
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Casey said he took his vehicle into the business twice and they still have not corrected all the issues. The staff performed work on the vehicle that was not approved, resulting in a higher end cost.

John H.
07/12/2019
2016 dodge caravan
Van idles rough and check engine light remains on!

John G.
08/31/2018
Didn’t fix my problem
I wasn’t pleased with Sanders Automotive, I bought in my vehicle because my battery kept draining, after a Service inspection they told me it was because on of my cables was loose, So after picking my vehicle up, the next day I’m experiencing the same problem, after speaking with the owner I took my vehicle back up to the shop for a second look at no extra charge, after the second inspection they informed me the something is draining my battery, I’m thinking Duh that why I took it to you. Well the owner explain to me that they could find out with draining the battery for 204 dollars, I declined the service because, because I had already paid for a inspection and they told me the problem was loose wires , I’m thinking to myself why would I pay you again to make another guess on my vehicle problems

KC
Kirk C.
Warren, MI
Honda Element
12/18/2018
Not coming back
$1,200 work done and they bust my hood latch in the process only to expect me to pay for that too.... seriously. and now we need more work that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere? Did I mention that after I paid that I wasn’t given the keys? I’m pissed and feel that I should have gone elsewhere, because I have to now anyways!... maybe it’s a Grove City thing, but I feel majorly screwed over here. Never returning and will not say anything good about this experience to friends in grove.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 12/18/2018

Kirk, I feel there may be a miscommunication in some sort and I will be the 1st to apologize and to offer to correct and/or help you in any way that we can. I told you that we are paying for the replacement of your hood release cable assembly, which I have already ordered the part. It should be here in the next couple of days. I would like to express to you that our goal is always to provide quality service, and to make sure our customers are pleased with the service(s) performed. When it comes to a proper diagnosis and or repairs we take all the necessary steps to insure this is done properly and entirely which provides the proper value that we wish for our customers. With all of our services we also provide a free comprehensive overview of all vehicles to insure safety as well as any maintenance concerns- needs and/or any upcoming services for our customers to insure that you always know where the vehicle stands to proper safety per each indivdual vehicle needs or required items. We take the same care in the components that we install on our customers vehicles for our service(s)- this allows us to be able to provide the very same service value and warranty factors that go hand and hand with the type of service we want to provide our customers.

Please feel free to speak to me about any of your concerns so that we can come the best resolve for you- feel free to call me anytime. If you ever need anything I'm here to help in whatever way possible.

We thank you for your business and understanding.

Michael M.
Nissan Frontier
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Michael said he would recommend the business.

Roy M.
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Roy said he was not satisfied with the service at this business. He stated he was not happy with them at all because if they lied about his other vehicle on a prior visit, he couldn't trust what they say. He will go elsewhere for his vehicle, now. He asked them to check his hood latch this time. He said he believes they did not do that.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 06/11/2018

Roy I am sorry you feel that way, but I told you what was wrong with your VW without charging you anything at all. You said it was an old car that you did not want to spend much money on to repair. We did lube your rusted hood latch.

MK
Mike K.
10/31/2019
Engine light is still on
Great customer service and knowledge!

Donald T D.
Hyundai Accent
09/12/2019
Nice job
I love the way technology is used in communication with the customer.
Got to my car in quick, diagnosis was just as quick.

Michael C.
Honda Civic Sdn
05/14/2019
Good experience
Price seemed fair and communication and customer service was good. Only issue I have is that "shop fees" were not listed on invoice estimate but communicated right before needing to authorize work. Would've been nice to know exact amount when initially reviewing.

Carl B.
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Carl said this was his first time and the service was fine. He didn't get a call when his vehicle was done that was the only little problem.

02/04/2019
First time client
I had an overall positive experience getting work done on my Ford Escape. Pricing was solid and turn around time good and they picked me up with shuttle from home when my car was complete. Only problem that occurred was my windshield was cracked when they were installing new battery and I will have to make a return trip. They are taking care if it though. I will definitely be bringing my vehicle back to them in future

Janet P.
09/15/2018
brakes
Did a great job, even though I did have to take back for a minor adjustment.

Charles B.
Ohio
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Charles said the staff had a problem with one repair job.