Sanderson Automotive Service

John H.
07/12/2019
2016 dodge caravan
Van idles rough and check engine light remains on!

Brett M.
Jeep Patriot
03/20/2019
Fixed my car but didn't tighten the lug nuts on my car
Fixed my vehicle but they did not tighten the lug nuts when they were done. The next garage I went to told me that they were able to unscrew the lug nuts by hand on both of the front tires.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 03/28/2019

I would like to first say I am sorry that your lug nuts were not properly torqued. I will not try to make excuses as to why this happened. We have never had this happen before, but our proceedure for hand torqueing the lug nuts was not followed. I have addressed this issue with all my employees and added another step that requires two people verify that all wheels are properly torqued. I have tryed to reach you by phone, and left you a massage.

KC
Kirk C.
Warren, MI
Honda Element
12/18/2018
Not coming back
$1,200 work done and they bust my hood latch in the process only to expect me to pay for that too.... seriously. and now we need more work that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere? Did I mention that after I paid that I wasn’t given the keys? I’m pissed and feel that I should have gone elsewhere, because I have to now anyways!... maybe it’s a Grove City thing, but I feel majorly screwed over here. Never returning and will not say anything good about this experience to friends in grove.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 12/18/2018

Kirk, I feel there may be a miscommunication in some sort and I will be the 1st to apologize and to offer to correct and/or help you in any way that we can. I told you that we are paying for the replacement of your hood release cable assembly, which I have already ordered the part. It should be here in the next couple of days. I would like to express to you that our goal is always to provide quality service, and to make sure our customers are pleased with the service(s) performed. When it comes to a proper diagnosis and or repairs we take all the necessary steps to insure this is done properly and entirely which provides the proper value that we wish for our customers. With all of our services we also provide a free comprehensive overview of all vehicles to insure safety as well as any maintenance concerns- needs and/or any upcoming services for our customers to insure that you always know where the vehicle stands to proper safety per each indivdual vehicle needs or required items. We take the same care in the components that we install on our customers vehicles for our service(s)- this allows us to be able to provide the very same service value and warranty factors that go hand and hand with the type of service we want to provide our customers.

Please feel free to speak to me about any of your concerns so that we can come the best resolve for you- feel free to call me anytime. If you ever need anything I'm here to help in whatever way possible.

We thank you for your business and understanding.

Jack B.
Columbus, OH
11/21/2018
Don't go to Sanderson Automotive
Twice as expensive as the other rip off joint. Took in a Subaru 2.5 with a bad miss fire for diagnostic only - I didn't have time to deal with it myself. $100 later Sanderson comes back with "leaking valve cover gasket and plug tube seal with oil fouled plug wire." I replace gaskets, seals, plugs, and wires with no effect - what the heck. Now I have to deal with it. Check; fuel injectors - ok, coils - ok, compression - 60lbs on cyl. 1 & 3. Aha, likely head gasket blown, but wait, timing marks won't line up. Timing belt has jumped three teeth on the cam pulley. Pull head - has bent exhaust valves. So for what did Sanderson Automotive charge me $100 - a visual inspection. They don't charge more because they are better, they charge more to make you think they are better. They are not!
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 12/18/2018

Jack, I would like to state right off that I apologize if there was any misunderstanding which I feel there may be- I felt that we were very clear in our communications with and the items that were evaluated per standards on your vehicle that needed servicing based on these standard and/or failure. All repairs approved by you were completed in a step by step process and as we went over with you and approval to perform- Our goal here is to perform the necessary checks and repairs for all of our clients- and to note we do a pretty successful job at this day in and day out. I will be more than glad to address any needs and/or concerns that you may have and provide you with the best service practices that we can provide- I do understand just how frustrating it can be at times with repairs that are not expected or planned on.

We thank you for your business and understanding----

John G.
08/31/2018
Didn’t fix my problem
I wasn’t pleased with Sanders Automotive, I bought in my vehicle because my battery kept draining, after a Service inspection they told me it was because on of my cables was loose, So after picking my vehicle up, the next day I’m experiencing the same problem, after speaking with the owner I took my vehicle back up to the shop for a second look at no extra charge, after the second inspection they informed me the something is draining my battery, I’m thinking Duh that why I took it to you. Well the owner explain to me that they could find out with draining the battery for 204 dollars, I declined the service because, because I had already paid for a inspection and they told me the problem was loose wires , I’m thinking to myself why would I pay you again to make another guess on my vehicle problems

Roy M.
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Roy said he was not satisfied with the service at this business. He stated he was not happy with them at all because if they lied about his other vehicle on a prior visit, he couldn't trust what they say. He will go elsewhere for his vehicle, now. He asked them to check his hood latch this time. He said he believes they did not do that.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 06/11/2018

Roy I am sorry you feel that way, but I told you what was wrong with your VW without charging you anything at all. You said it was an old car that you did not want to spend much money on to repair. We did lube your rusted hood latch.

Casey S.
Ohio
Chrysler Sebring
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Casey said he took his vehicle into the business twice and they still have not corrected all the issues. The staff performed work on the vehicle that was not approved, resulting in a higher end cost.

Jeri W.
07/17/2020
AC repair
I loked for someone who could do AC repair. They gave me an estimate which included lifetime warranty. During the repairs Josh called me to tell me he was able to save me some money and gave me the revised estimate over the phone. I picked it up the next day and it was exactly what he told me it would cost. Ac works great. I'm very happy with the work.

MK
Mike K.
10/31/2019
Engine light is still on
Great customer service and knowledge!

Chandra B.
Chevrolet Cruze
10/30/2019
Knowledgeable, honest and went above and beyond to figure out what was going on with my vehicle and took the time to explain all options openly. Greatly appreciated and highly recommend. Will definitely be a returning customer.

DE
David E.
10/23/2019
Thorough and knowledgeable
Mike Sanderson does an outstanding job!

RN
Randy N.
Ohio
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Randy said they honest , up front and clear.

RN
Ruby N.
Columbus, OH
Mitsubishi Mirage
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Ruby said she always gets good service at this business.

Rob S.
09/23/2019 Category: Service
Rob said he has confidence in Mike and trusts him.

RA
Rob A.
09/19/2019
Honest
We took our car in mainly because the brakes were making noises. After an inspection they told us that everything looked fine and asked if the car was sitting for a while. It was. And the noises went away after driving the car for a few miles.

Most places would have taken advantage of this situation and recommended work that didn't need done. I’ve always appreciated the fairness and honesty here. That’s why we take both cars here when we have any concerns.