Overall Rating 3.8749975/5Overall Rating 3.8749975/5Overall Rating 3.8749975/5rating 3.8749975rating 3.8749975
Overall Rating 1.7499975/5rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975

CL
Claire L.
Oxford, CT
02/19/2019 Category: Service
Service department is very good. They get you in and are pretty flexible. Great dealership
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/19/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM ALL OF US HERE AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU!!!

Naugatuck, CT
02/19/2019 Category: Service
The service crew was very frendly and accommodating.
**The below email has nothing to do with my 1st vehicle service (which was great), but has to do with my over-all experience when purchasing my vehicle in Oct. 2018. I had originally sent this email to Bruce Novicky the manager at the Watertown branch, but never received a response, so I thought this may be a good opportunity.

Good afternoon,

I am writing to you regarding my car buying experience at your Hyundai dealership in Watertown, CT; I know this letter is late in coming to you, but there is a reason which is explained in the 3rd paragraph. Please let me start out by saying that in late October I purchased a brand new 2018 Hyundai Tucson, I love the car and would recommend it to anyone, also it was a pleasure working with Jay Russell and Matt Zaums; 2 very nice, respectful, knowledgeable and helpful sales people!! Sadly, what I wouldn’t recommend about your dealership is your financing team, more specifically, the two employees from your Mike Moysello and Manny Pinho. They turned what should have been a happy, exciting experience into a frustrating and annoying one!!
I had gone into the dealership alone on or about October 21st and test drove the Tucson with Jay, sat down after to discuss the #’s. I must say that I wasn’t too thrilled with the first offer and asked if they could do better, that’s when I first met Mike. I informed him that I wanted to use my 2011 Jeep Liberty as a trade-in and that I still had approximately $5,100 (I couldn’t remember the exact amount), left to pay it off. He ended up giving me a quote which was much better than the first and I told him I need to discuss it with my husband, he then mentioned that “I might not get the same offer tomorrow if I don’t go for it now”, I responded by saying “I was sorry to hear that and if that is truly the case I guess I will have to miss out, but I still need to discuss it with my husband”. I came back 2 days later with my husband to go for another test drive, Jay (the original sales person), was not available so we drove with Matt, my husband liked the car and we decided to go forward with the purchase. When we sat down to discuss the purchase Mike showed up and I informed him that I found out the true price of the pay-off was actually $5,600, I asked him if maybe he could work the extra $500 into the numbers by lowering the price of the car? Mike left and came back with a quote and I immediately noticed it was approximately $2000.00 more than my original quote and asked why there was such a big difference in cost if the pay-off amount was only an additional $500? Mike seemed a bit annoyed by the question and there was a bit of back and forth between us, which was somewhat uncomfortable. Mike left on 2 other occasions and came back with a 2nd and 3rd quote, both of which were still a $1,000 or more than my original!! I then requested (as a comparison), the original quote I received from him 2 days prior; he didn’t seem to like that too much. When he brought it to me I noticed even that this price was higher than my original quote and stated that something was definitely wrong. Mike insisted I was mistaken and that this was the original quote and that he was being more than generous with me. I stated that this most certainly was not the quote I was given 2 days prior and I was beginning to feel a bit taken advantage of. Things got rather heated at that point and my husband and I decided we needed to walk away. I did state at that time I did not appreciate how he was speaking to us and that I do not wish to have any more contact or dealings with him (and I must admit that I had at that point used some not very flattering words).

Once I got home I found and reviewed my original quote, it was in-fact $1502.00 less than the lowest quote Mike gave me that evening and over $2000 lower than his first quote of that evening. This discrepancy I realized is mostly due to Mike switching the original rebate amount of $2500 to $1500.00, along with not including a $1500. discount! I called Mike to let him know that I found the quote and what the issues were, I never got so much as an apology or even him trying to blame it on the computer!! After this fiasco my husband and I were directed to deal with Manny, who I must admit had the same lousy attitude, I found out later they are friends so I have a feeling that’s where that might have come from. We ended up purchasing the vehicle with much help from Matt (again, great guy), as go between with Mike and Manny.

Originally I was going to write you this letter when it all happened, but with the holidays and just life in general, I decided to just chalk it up to “just one of those things”. That all changed when I was informed by someone who used to work for your company, that it is customary for me to have received a survey regarding my buying experience, which I never received. The reason I never received the survey is because, I found out through the grapevine that Mike stated he would not be sending me one because, I quote “I would tear him a new a**hole” in my review!! Which tells me he knows he was not at his best with us for whatever reason, and from what I understand I am not the only person to have issues with him. As a result of Mike not sending the survey to me, Matt (the sales person), is not able to get a bonus for an excellent review and he really should, he was amazing!!

Sadly, this was the worst experience I have ever had purchasing a vehicle or any item for that matter! As a result I am very uncomfortable going into the dealership, whether it’s for my scheduled maintenance or any other issue which may arise. Quite frankly if there was a closer dealership I would use them and I am someone who believes in servicing your vehicle where you purchase it!

I hope you take time to look into this matter.

Kind regards,

**(P.s. I removed my name from this letter and clicked anonymous, because I still use this dealership for service.**
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/19/2019

KP
Kathleen P.
2018 Hyundai Kona
02/18/2019 Category: Service
Providing great customer service.
The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. And if I have a cocern they listen to me and take care of it. Whenever they felt that I have been inconvenienced, they have always provided me with a discount on the service which I really appreciate.

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU!!

Michael S.
02/18/2019 Category: Service
Will use again

Woodbury, CT
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication and no accountability
I left and needed to go to an independent mechanic to fix my car.
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE HERE AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, I WILL FOLLOW WITH A PHONE CALL.

THANKS

Stephen C.
Naugatuck, CT
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/16/2019 Category: Service
The service department does a great job of showing everything that needs fixing on your car and explaining all of your options.
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU!!!

Judith H.
2017 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Great
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/15/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI THANK YOU!!!

SJ
Samuel J.
Bristol, CT
2012 Hyundai Veloster
02/13/2019 Category: Service
Best service department around
The service department is a number one in my book

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM ALL OF US HERE AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU!!!

Prospect, CT
02/13/2019 Category: Service
quick service
Quick service, good communication

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU !!!

Bob M.
New Milford, CT
2018 Hyundai Kona
Great Work-Customer Service
It could have not been easier and a better experience. No hassles, work done right, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. We were told that it would take about an hour and it did. Perfect. We are planning on buying our next car here also.

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU.

SEE YOU NEXT SERVICE!!!

Middlebury, CT
Great Service!
The people are really nice. Love the video of them servicing my car.
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/12/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU !!!!

SEE YOU NEXT SERVICE.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/12/2019 Category: Service
I always feel good when it is time to service my vehicle because the staff is courteous and friendly. The service is five stars.
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/12/2019

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS HYUNDAI

THANK YOU!!!

BD
Bernice D.
Bethlehem, CT
02/09/2019 Category: Service
Last visit
Max was excellent. Service efficient everything was fixed and the wait was as scheduled
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!

Oakville, CT
2015 Hyundai Tucson
02/08/2019 Category: Service
Best experience
I have taken my car here twice for service and they always do a amazing job. I never had a problem. Adam did a great job keeping me updated what was going on with my car. I highly recommend bringing your car for service.
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/08/2019

THANK YOU FOR GREAT 5 STAR REVIEW!!!

FROM THE WHOLE TEAM AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI, THANK YOU!!!!!

GR
Gloria R.
Morris, CT
2015 Hyundai Tucson
02/07/2019 Category: Service
There all so nice and friendly
John service manager is great guy he helps me out every time I have car serviced
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/07/2019

Thank you for the great 5 star review!!!

From the whole team at Shakers Family Hyundai

Thank you!!

PP
Patricia P.
Thomaston, CT
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/06/2019 Category: Service
Easy to make appointments, pleasant people, good service
Staff was pleasant and helpful
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/06/2019

2012 Hyundai Tucson
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Long wait for just an oil change
Poor time management
JOHN B., Service Manager from Shaker's Family Hyundai responded on 02/05/2019

I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE HERE AT SHAKERS FAMILY HYUNDAI. WE WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A PHONE CALL. THANK YOU

Michael C.
Watertown, CT
Good communication
Just fine.

Ashley S.
Terryville, CT
Smiling faces
Everyone always seems so happy. They are definatly happy to help you with anything you need.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe