Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5rating 4.36

Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5rating 4.0000013
Overall Rating 2.25/5Overall Rating 2.25/5rating 2.25rating 2.25rating 2.25

Continue reading recommended reviews

AL
Amy L.
Veneta, OR
07/26/2019
Charge more than MSR!
My friend and I stopped by to look at the new Palisade with FULL intent to buy. After the test drive she was told by the salesman that the sticker price is what she would have to pay but maybe he could get me some discounts and he needed to talk to his manager. Well the manager came out and took her outside away from everyone and told her she would have to pay $1,900 more than the sticker price because it is such a popular car (BS) and maybe the Santa fe would be more in her price range! He also asked her if she had ever owned a car before! (she owns 5) Seriously? She was willing to pay cash for this over priced $46,000 car! Never will I stop there again for anything! Just terrible! I feel she was treated this way because she is African American.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/26/2019

I am sorry for the experience you had with the sales department, this was a survey to judge how the service department took care of your needs while your vehicle was here for service . I have spoken with the general manger about the experience you had with sales and he will be reaching out to you .

AW
Anna W.

04/26/2019 Category: Service
Poor service and manager would not return my call
I would not go there for service. My daughter had a new starter and spark plugs put in her 2012 Sonata and they charged $865
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/30/2019

I am very sorry for your experience here at the dealership , Hyundai is having some issues with these recalls we are doing our best to get you back on the roads as soon as possible .

Glide, OR
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt

Theodore M.

Joseph P.
Roseburg, OR
02/20/2018
WASTED DAY AND GAS
I made an appointment a week ago for a recall brake switch. This item is recalled on literally millions of Hyundais. I had to drive 75 miles from my home in Roseburg through a snow storm. When I finally found the place which is difficult, they took my car in. An hour later, they hand me my keys and tell me sorry, we dont have the part. I asked where is my car? They say right out the door. I go out, look around and finally see it on the far side of the parking lot. I am pretty old and not in the greatest health. The walk to my car in the bitter cold was not pleasant nor was the entire trip there which took 2 hours. I get to my car and find the seat covered in plastic, paper on the floor and the numbered placard in the window. I appreciate that they tried to keep the car clean during service (or no service in my case) but they could remove it when they are done or at least provide a place to put it when you pull it out. They did not. A passing mechanic told seem to take it back to the office. This establishment cost me a day of my life which not so many remain, a tank of gas and a lot of stress. I will not go back. Rather I will make the farther trip to Medford next time on the hope that they are moe competent there.

Joe P.
Roseburg, OR
02/19/2018
No parts for recall
Made an appointment a week ahead of time, informed them of what i was coming for (recall stop light switch) drove from roseburg through snow...finally find the place...leave my car...an hour later they tell me they dont have the part...a part that the gov't says they have to replace/...WASTED A DAY! WASTED A TANK OF GAS! not to mention the considerable pain driving that distance causes me. I dont think I will return even when they get the part...will probably try Medford They might be more competent there.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/19/2018

I apologize for the inconvenience.  When your appoinment was made online last night, we did not have the available parts information until you arrived today.  Some parts are not stocked at all times.  Please let us know if we can assist you in the repairs when the parts arrive!

Marci Arold
541.762.8812
marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

CA
Cassandra A.
Springfield, OR
01/09/2018
Nightmare Worthy Experience
I took my car in due to the check engine light coming on and the diagnostic codes had pointed me to the O2 sensor. Which I know the dealership would usually be cheaper to fix that at. I was very shocked at what the technician said was actually wrong with my car.
I was told that my camshaft gear was failing and that the car was not safe to drive. I was also told that the O2 sensor was broken (as I thought). They gave me a repair quote that also included an 'urgent' need to replace my timing belt, flush every fluid I have, replace the brakes, replace the struts, replace the battery, and replace the radiator hoses. Totaling over $3500.
This didn't feel right and so I picked up my car (paid $121 for the inspection) and took it too my regular mechanic. He went through the entire list the Hyundai technician made and was down right appalled. Of that entire list only 3 things even needed to be done at all and only one was urgent. The O2 sensor needed to be replace (as I said at the beginning), my transmission fluid needed to be flushed soon and my timing belt was up to be replaced based on my mileage but it was not urgent.
The camshaft gear had no problems, my car was not 'UN-drivable' or 'unsafe' to drive as the service department said.
Upon further inspection I noticed that my mileage was not recorded right on the repair estimate. It is over 30,000 miles short of my actual mileage. I highly suspect this is not my car. Yet I paid for an inspection for someone else's car that looks like (from the quote) is ready to fall apart. This is a very troubling oversight from the service department.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/10/2018

Thank you for the feedback. I tried to call you again today, and left a message.  please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again, Marci

Cassandra A.
Springfield, OR
01/08/2018
Nightmare Worthy Experience
Per suggestion of a trusted friend I took my Elantra to the dealership for what I had suspected was the fuel injector system. After two hours I called them because I can't wait all day. They ran out and talked with the technician and when they came back told me I had a serious problem and that the car was not safe to drive. The camshaft gear needed to be replaced and the O2 sensor needed to be replaced. They told me the camshaft gear was critical. On top of that was all of my fluids need to be flushed, timing belt replaced, complete brake job and struts replaced, and a new battery. Totalling $3775

Something felt off so I called my mechanic for a second opinion, I even picked up my car and too it over to him. He and I were both shocked and appalled by the repair suggestions Sheppard Hyundai have. After he looked at my car and tried to see the reasoning behind each of the suggestions, he found that there is nothing wrong with the camshaft gear, the only fluid that may need a flush was transmission, the battery was fine, the brakes and struts were great and the only thing that actually needs to be fixed is the O2 sensor which was all the diagnostic codes pointed to in the first place. $300 that is it.

I am horrified and hurt that Sheppard Hyundai treats people like this. Was I profiled as a car idiot? Because I'm female and dressed for an office job? I'm a technician to!!! I just don't have all the tools to deal with my car. I know when I'm being bamboozled.
So I paid $121 for an inspection which is utter crock. Only reason I paid is because my time is more valuable than an argument with someone who can't do anything to fix it. The only positive thing that I can say is my car was cleaned and vacuumed.

I vow to never return.