Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5Overall Rating 4.37/5rating 4.37

Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5rating 4.0000013
Overall Rating 2.25/5Overall Rating 2.25/5rating 2.25rating 2.25rating 2.25

TP
Tina P.
Springfield, OR
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
Service was too expensive for a brand new car. Employees need training in professionalism. Overall, a negative experience.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/08/2019

I am sorry that you had a bad experience here at the dealership, we strive to take care of our customers and recommended only services the manufactures recommends. We are working hard on getting appointments set and phones answered on high volume days. Thank you for your feed back I hope you will give us another try .

VC
Virginia C.
Springfield, OR
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Service Dept
Staff was not very friendly. They did not communicate with me at all during or after my oil change.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/25/2019

Thank you for your response to our survey, I am very sorry the appointment didn't go well. We have been doing lots of training in customer service but seems we have more to come. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Deadwood, OR
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Too pushy
Employee trying to push services I didn’t need.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/20/2019

I am sorry you felt like we pressured you into services , we like to inform our customers of factory recommend services if you choose to do them or not is always your decision . Next service if you like we can opt out of the inspection and just do the minor service , let us know what makes you the most comfortable. Thank you for the feed back on the service.

06/12/2019 Category: Service
If your first visit is bad just save yourself the frustration
Hyundai Service rep comes off very rude and almost like he has a problem with helping you or doing his job. I am always polite and try to be quick so I don’t take up too much of their time but I’m appalled that I was treated so rudely. The first visit I thought he was having a bad day, but every visit (maybe 3 or 4) he was unpleasant and seems like he did not like working with me or didn’t like his job. I’m not sure it just makes me never want to go back to that store.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

We are training some new people thank you for your input sorry you had such a bad experience, we will have more training on customer service. Input is always helpful thank you for taking the time to help us grow.

05/18/2019 Category: Service
Could have been better
Previous comment
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

We are a new team and we have a way to go in training , this experience i snot we are striving for. I hope we can earn your business again. Thank you for the feed back its how we grow .

WP
William P.
Creswell, OR
04/18/2019 Category: Service
not great service
my 1st bad experience there
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

Sorry to hear about the long wait , the recalls have been taking longer then expected , thank you for your response.

EA
Eric A.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Unsatisfied
The customer service was fine, but the technician that evaluated the symptoms of my problem did not diagnose the problem correctly and did not come up with the correct solution. My issue could have been easily detected if they had taken time to scope the code produced when misfires were happening on the ignition coil number 4.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/05/2019

`I am very sorry we missed this diagnoses, I will be reaching out to discuss this more with you. Glad the car is running better .

KW
Karen W.
04/04/2019 Category: Service
1hr 30min for a simple oil change?
oil change took far too long, the staff were late and didn’t care if it said ASAP! to top it off it was overly expensive and I’d rather go to jiffy lube for an oil change, they are timely and a lot cheaper!
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

I am sorry you had this experience, we did have one of our technicians sick that day I am sorry we didnt get it finished in a timely manner for you .

Our prices are usually inline with our competors, unless some of them are running specials.

Mark W.
Monroe, OR
03/28/2019 Category: Service
Service required twice due to misdiagnosis
Car was serviced and deemed fixed and was not, causing me to be stranded twice. Had to beg for tow service after not fixed correctly first time. The situation was a disaster and completely mishandled by service department and general manager. I have been a customer for a while and was always happy however after this I will never recommend Sheppard Motors and likely not ever buy another Hyundai. It is a shame...……….

Only savior was everything was fixed under warranty with no charge
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/01/2019

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to be towed to the dealership, hope we can gain your confidence again to come back to the  dealer ship, we turned in a few favors to get the $1200 repair covered. Thank you

Jeffrey C.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/18/2019 Category: Service
Earnest staff but overworked
Staff were overwhelmed the day of my appointment. No communication and I ended up not being able to get my car back the same day as I expected.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 03/18/2019

I do apologize for the miss communication, I thank  you for your feed back, as we spoke on the phone if there is anything we can do for you in the future please let me know.

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/15/2019 Category: Service
Get it together!!
Slow, left a rock under my kickplate, took 3 trips to fix wheel berring
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

This experience at our dealership is in excusable, I am very sorry things turned out this way , I would like to talk more about the experence .

Albany, OR
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Resolution of Complaints
After being advised of my oil change and tire rotation issues, SHEPHERD Motors in Eugene, Oregon contacted me and made everything right.

Once I receive the tire rotation refund as indicated with a representative, I will be very happy to recommend this company to anyone!

02/16/2019 Category: Service
Additional charges not explained prior to service
I would suggest asking about charges for tire rotation before beginning regular maintenance.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

I am very sorry we did not go over charges, this is something we are going to do more training on. Our process is to have customer sign estimate before the vehicle is worked on .

GL
Gary L.
2016 Hyundai Veloster
02/14/2019 Category: Service
integerty of service department is in question.
To damage a car during service and not say anything is inexcusable. Also service Department is not open on Saturdays.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

We are doing everything was can as per phone call with general manger. We are very sorry for the inconvence.

Dexter, OR
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Service department needs work
Poor communication and technician knowledge
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/18/2019

This customer owns his own shop, the problems with his car are not under warranty. He is taking his car apart and checking on his own account. There has been no codes set , no oil consumption or car running poorly . customer has been told all three times the car has came in the condition is normal . He keeps removing hoses and inspecting himself.

Monmouth, OR
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/05/2018 Category: Service
Oil change took 2 hours
The department needs to work on better scheduling vehicles especially for quick services like a routine oil change. Also I was provided no communication on the status. Status updates would be appreciated in teh future.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 09/05/2018

We are working on trying to make the experience faster and easier.  Thank you for the feedback!

Toledo, OR
08/21/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Long wait for servicing, poor communication!
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/21/2018

I apologize for the lack of care and consideration you received at your last visit.  I am working hard on making the wait times and communication better for all of our guests, and with feedback like yours it helps to drill down on the lack of process.

Thanks again for your feedback!

HS
Hollie S.
2014 Hyundai Tucson
07/16/2018 Category: Service
Not impressed on first visit
Went in for a quick oil change and to ask the service dept to look at some windshield wiper fluid problems I was having. I waited 1.5 hours and was told I would need to come back for another hour visit later for them to diagnose the windshield wiper issue, in addition to another $1K in "necessary" work they said I needed. I took my car, which has been serviced at Hyundai dealers every 3,000 miles, to another shop and they fixed the windshield wiper fluid issue in 5 minutes. Also, no other dealer has ever pointed out these issues or recommended I pay nearly $100 to have windshield wiper blades replaced. I will drive to Salem for my next service.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

It was nice speaking with you today.  I again sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received while you were in for service.  We let you down, and that is not how we like to treat our guests.  Like I said earlier, if you ever need anything, please give ma a call and I will personally make sure you are well taken car of.

Thanks again!

Mary B.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Poor experience
The timeliness of the service was not acceptable. I purchased my car from this dealership in 2010 and have had all service performed here and have mostly had good things to say about the service. Having to wait 2 1/2 hours for a routine maintenance appointment is too long, especially with no status reports as to why it was taking so long.

I have always recommended this dealership to my friends but don't know if I will in the future because of this experience.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/09/2018

I apologize that you were not treated with respect for your time.  I also appreciate your feedback as it helps us work on our customer service skills.  Please know that this is NOT how we like to treat our guests.  We value you and your time, and we will strive towards do better.

BF
Bonnie F.
2015 Hyundai Accent
06/03/2018 Category: Service
Its where i bought my car
Overall its a good place to buy a car
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/04/2018

I would love to have you bring your vehicle back in so we can top off all the fluids.  I understand it should have been checked while you were here, and I apologize it was not done correctly for you.

I appreciate your honest feedback, as it helps us to improve!

BL
Bill L.
05/28/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication with customer. Work incomplete or not done altogether.
Requested work not performed, work that needed to be done, was not. Was not informed of work needing to be done so had to do it myself.
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

I apologize for the apparent confusion at write up.   I tried to reach out to you by phone to discuss the issues you received!

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!