4.4

Mark D.
07/10/2020 Category: Service
Review
Expensive. Only dealership in town for Volvo and Hyundai.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/13/2020

Thank you for the insight, we will work more on training our staff on the different services. Thank you for the review.

RK
Rita K.
06/12/2020 Category: Service
Good until last year
I have had positive experiences with Hyundai Service for many years past until last year, when my car needed a repair and it did not go well. The service provided this visit was acceptable, however, my request for a couple of service checks that I listed in my online booking were overlooked.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 06/15/2020

I am sorry the experience here was not a 5 star experience.

Cottage Grove, OR
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/29/2020 Category: Service
Brian was very responsive to my concerns

05/29/2020 Category: Service
Lack of communication
Did not provide a rental
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/29/2020

Thank you for the review, i am truly sorry the experience here was not a 5 star experience . We have talked and i believe the next experience will be much better , again thank you for your time in helping us grow.

GM
Gerald M.
Springfield, OR
04/24/2020 Category: Service
Average
This service visit didn't go as well as it could but may be chalked up to working with a skeleton crew because of the virus going around.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/29/2020

I am very sorry you where having a bad day, lots of stuff happening around us all during these times, sorry for inconvenience of our short staff. Glad we got the vehicle fixed and you are back on the road. Hopefully things will get back to normal and we can operate as normal, and get the coffee machine back and my employees back to work. Thank you for coming in and getting your vehicle repaired with us

Michael C.
Roseburg, OR
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Service rip off
$700 for an oil, filters, antifreeze change that took 2 hours. My last Hyundai.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/25/2019

I just want to apologize that you had this experience with us , I strive to keep our prices competitive with other dealerships and the Independent market, we make phone call monthly to adjust our prices up or down as the market changes. Here at Sheppards we install factory quality parts which carry warranty's and are designed specifically for your Hyundai, I would not recommend just installing  random Bi Mart fluids in a quality vehicle . I am sorry about the time it took usually if customers are out of town we like to get there vehicles in and out of our shop as soon as possible, with the coolant flush and transmission service and oil change with a brake flush in 2.6 hours is what we strive for . I hope we can earn your business in the future.

Harrisburg, OR
2013 Hyundai Accent
10/12/2019 Category: Service
only Hyundai dealer in area
Feel like the pricing and staff keep changing. Pricing is increasing between every servicing.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

I am sorry you felt like our prices are higher then before, we do price comparison from other dealers and independent shops around our area and we charge the average , so we should be very competitive. Using factory parts and highly skilled workforce you get an above average service done. If we missed the free inspection please let me know and we car redo it another time.

10/03/2019 Category: Service
Lack of communication ,
Lack of communication from the front desk . Didn’t complete job to satisfaction
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/03/2019

Thank you for your honest answers and I hope after our phone call your next service will be a better experience .

BT
Bruce T.
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plugin Hybrid
09/16/2019 Category: Service
Dealership charges
People are friendly, but go elsewhere for more competitive charges.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

We try to keep our prices completive , please let us know if you have coupons before you check out and we can apply them to the bill .

Veneta, OR
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/05/2019 Category: Service
Stay on top of what they say they are going to do - they missed
It might seem minor but requested that my break lights be checked, was told it was done when I picked up the car. Got home and it was not done.
Frustrated - cost 5 dollars at local auto shop to fix and maybe 5 minutes total.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Sorry , looks like the brake lights got over looked. I assure you the rest of the vehicle was looked at and the inspection was mailed to you. Thank you for your input.

Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/11/2019

KH
Klaus H.
Roseburg, OR
2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/29/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager made things right.
The morning after my original review I was contacted by the service manager, Brian B., with an apology for the miscommunication by the service writer that was new on the job.

He also said that the original quote price would be honored on this transaction and I would be getting a refund for the differance.

It was the right thing to do and he will have me a a returning customer.

05/29/2019 Category: Service
Quote one price and then charge 67% more when the service was completed.
I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 and made an appointment to have an oil change two weeks in advance of the service date.

I arrived at the appointed time and sat with the service writer to fill out the customer information. I told him that all I needed was a oil change for my 2015 Genesis 5.0 and was quoted a price of $89. He said it would take a hour so I sat in the customer lounge a waited for the work to be completed.

One hour later the service writer came to me and said the work was completed. I asked where do I pay? He said come to my desk and I can take your payment. The bill came to $132.30 for the oil change. I asked why and was told by the Service Manager that Genesis 5.0 are more expensive.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

The price quoted was the normal price for our oil changes, your vehicle takes 3 more quarts of oil then other vehicle so that is where the price difference came about. I am sorry for the mis quote and glad we got things worked out over the phone.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
average
pleasant & prompt
BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/23/2019

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.  We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return for service in the future.

Janice H.
05/20/2019 Category: Service
Safety mode
My car has been in twice after they did a computer adjustment and said it was fine.
I did get it back but hate to do a review on the last service until I see if it is actually fixed.
I had planned on driving to California in April but had to fly because I had no car.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

Hyundai has been working hard to get the parts to us in a timely manner sorry you had these issues , good news is its fixed and you shouldn't have anymore issues. thank you again for your response

Myrtle Creek, OR
2019 Hyundai Veloster
05/11/2019 Category: Service
Almost adequate
None
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Thank you for your responce, sounds like the service wasnt top notch, the team is new and still needs some training.

HG
Heidi G.
Sutherlin, OR
04/18/2019 Category: Service
Communication could use improvement.
Service on my vehicle was fine. Customer waiting area was comfortable and accommodating. Communication with customers needs improvement.
BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/18/2019

Thank you for telling us about your visit.  We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.  We strive to give exceptional service.  We hope you return for future service.

Clifford W.
Deadwood, OR
2012 Hyundai Genesis
04/17/2019 Category: Service
Owner
Friendly people! Good Dealership, perhaps I got there when a tech. was absent? Five hours was quite a wait. I poked my head into the service area several times to see if the Genesis was on a rack; an employee indicated only one tech. that day!
BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 04/17/2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey.  We apologize for your wait.  Your feedback is very helpful.