Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5rating 4.36

Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5Overall Rating 4.0000013/5rating 4.0000013
Overall Rating 2.25/5Overall Rating 2.25/5rating 2.25rating 2.25rating 2.25

KH
Klaus H.
Roseburg, OR
2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/29/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager made things right.
The morning after my original review I was contacted by the service manager, Brian B., with an apology for the miscommunication by the service writer that was new on the job.

He also said that the original quote price would be honored on this transaction and I would be getting a refund for the differance.

It was the right thing to do and he will have me a a returning customer.

05/29/2019 Category: Service
Quote one price and then charge 67% more when the service was completed.
I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 and made an appointment to have an oil change two weeks in advance of the service date.

I arrived at the appointed time and sat with the service writer to fill out the customer information. I told him that all I needed was a oil change for my 2015 Genesis 5.0 and was quoted a price of $89. He said it would take a hour so I sat in the customer lounge a waited for the work to be completed.

One hour later the service writer came to me and said the work was completed. I asked where do I pay? He said come to my desk and I can take your payment. The bill came to $132.30 for the oil change. I asked why and was told by the Service Manager that Genesis 5.0 are more expensive.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

The price quoted was the normal price for our oil changes, your vehicle takes 3 more quarts of oil then other vehicle so that is where the price difference came about. I am sorry for the mis quote and glad we got things worked out over the phone.

Albany, OR
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Resolution of Complaints
After being advised of my oil change and tire rotation issues, SHEPHERD Motors in Eugene, Oregon contacted me and made everything right.

Once I receive the tire rotation refund as indicated with a representative, I will be very happy to recommend this company to anyone!

02/16/2019 Category: Service
Additional charges not explained prior to service
I would suggest asking about charges for tire rotation before beginning regular maintenance.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

I am very sorry we did not go over charges, this is something we are going to do more training on. Our process is to have customer sign estimate before the vehicle is worked on .

EC
Edward C.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/09/2018 Category: Service
Restore survey
The car was returned in working condition but the cabin interior was foul smelling. It should have thorughly aired out before being returned to the customer.

11/09/2018 Category: Service
So, so.
Not good. My car stank like a toxic waste dump and there was a low tire warning. I did not complain because it was late in the day ( close of business) and I had an early (8:00 AM) doctor's appointment. I returned after the doctor's appointment was over. Parking my car outside and driving with the windows open greatly reduced the stink so they just sprayed deodorant in the car never explaining what had caused the stink. They checked the tires and inflated them to the correct pressure. No explanation of what had caused the tires to be low.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/12/2018

Hey Edward,
I did some research and it looks like we did some major repairs the last time you where here and sounds like the oils/gasket sealer made some pretty horrible smells in you're car. I am very sorry you got the car back in that condition we strive to make sure our customers cars are perfect when returned. Let know if there is anything else we can do to help out the situation.
       In regards to the tire light, the tire pressures fluctuate with hot and cold temperatures. Usually in the fall when temps start to fall the tires will lose a little bit of air and the tire light comes on. If it hasn't returned back on since the service then I am sure it was weather related, If you have any issues with it please drop in and we will check the system and make sure its all correct.

Brian Bennett
Service Manger
541 321 5744

RJ
Ronald J.
01/15/2018 Category: Service
They said they have resolved my concerns
No one even talked to me to try to resolve my concerns - they have a lot of communication problems

01/15/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service - Customer beware
Very little concern for the customer - long service wait - they do not address the customers questions - but they do have cute tablet computers - and they did vacuum out the car at the end - would recommend Springfield Buick service department instead
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/15/2018

Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to improve.  I apologize that the service you received, was not satisfactory.

Marci Arold
541.762.8812
marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Carol S.
2005 Hyundai Elantra
08/25/2017 Category: Service
Recent repair
Thanks to Marci, she had my repair done quickly

08/25/2017 Category: Service
Run around
I am not a happy camper
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/25/2017

Hello,

My name is Marci Arold, and I am the new Service Manager here at Sheppard Motors.

I appreciate your feedback, and will make every effort to raise our performance!

Thank you again for your comments, as it is much appreciated.

If you would like to reach out to me personally, feel free to call me at 541.762.8812, or email marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Thanks again!

Marci Arold

SL
Stephanie L.
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
02/24/2017 Category: Service

02/24/2017 Category: Service
They resolved the problem and chase went the extra mile, thank you!
I tried to put not stars but it will not let me please update to 5 stars 😊
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/27/2017

We aplogize your service visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your visit with you.

Jeri M.
02/08/2017 Category: Service
Wow!
I did not need or expect anything regarding my original review. However to my surprise I was contacted by Gary and will be sent a check for the difference. This is why I always come back. AMAZING!!

02/08/2017 Category: Service
Honest & reliable service
The job always gets done correct! I new I needed new tires and dropped it off for something totally different. When I came back the gentleman had printed me two quotes for new tires to take with me just because he noticed they were on their last leg. It is great to have a company anticipate my needs and not be pushy.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/09/2017

We apologize on the oversite on the tire pricing. We would like to remedy this situation as quickly as possible. Please contact me at your conveniece at 541-343-8811.

2006 Hyundai Sonata
12/08/2016 Category: Service
They go out of their way to make sure everything meets expectations.

12/08/2016 Category: Service
Chase is spread too thin, but does a great job against the odds.
They were quick.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 12/09/2016

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We apologize your service visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your visit with you soon.

12/05/2016 Category: Service
Blah's are gone and sunshine is back
The service manager gave me a call and we got everything straightened out. Miscommunication can be a problem sometimes. They just needed to do a better job of that and I believe they will from this point on. I am completely happy and will return for my services for the life of the car, or me! They have a;ways done a great job when it comes to servicing my car.I have recommened them in the past and will in the future.

12/05/2016 Category: Service
blah blah
blah
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 12/05/2016

I apologize that your service visit did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can discuss your visit. Thank you for providing feedback.

Shannon S.
North Bend, OR
2014 Hyundai Genesis Co
11/24/2016 Category: Service
Hyundai made it right by contacting me personally and listening to my concerns. Great to see a company that puts their customers first!

11/24/2016 Category: Service
Shuttle Service
We requested shuttle service when we were told our recall repair was estimated to take 3 hours to complete. (My last visit I was told 3 hours and I sat there for 5.) The shuttle driver hadn't come to get us after an hour, so I went to investigate. We never got a ride , but they did expedite the wait time.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/25/2016

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the struggles with our shuttle. The shuttle typically operates smoothly. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your visit with you. Please feel free to email or call. thank you

Mary B.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
11/12/2016 Category: Service
Owner of vehicle
Gary Hyland called me and we discussed my concerns. Mr. Hyland resolved this to my satisfaction.

11/12/2016 Category: Service
Owner of vehicle
Extremely poor communication between the service desk and me about the completion of the service on my car. I was left sitting in the customer lounge for several hours on a routine service check.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/12/2016

I apologize that we failed to respect your time and did not meet your expectation for your service visit. I appreciate the feedback you provided, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your visit. Thank you for your time to provide this feedback.

Sandy M.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/06/2016 Category: Service
Routine maintenance visit.
Since my original review I was contacted by the dealership. After explaining again what happened, I'm hopeful that through better communication of staff, this won't be an issue again. The dealership wanted to come get my vehicle and do a mini detail, however, I asked them to put a note on my file for the next time I came in, to include that in the work. They agreed. I was satisfied with the conversation and told that this wouldn't be a problem on the next visit.

10/06/2016 Category: Service
Routine maintenance visit.
The maintenance took quite a bit longer than I was told when I made the appt. I specifically told them I had to have the car no later than 2:30pm. I had a medical appt. at 3:15pm & since they told me the work would take about 2 hours, that was allowing an extra hour. I purposefully scheduled the appointment for 11:15am. I had two requests about the car: #1 please clean out the fir needles in the wiper well & #2 please clean the interior windshield. I'm too short to reach all of it. They did clean out the fir needles, but did not do the interior windshield, plus they got something on the outer windshield and/or wiper that smeared over the glass on the driver's side. I didn't realize that until driving in traffic in the rain. I'm not sure if I can rely on what I'm told over the phone or in person, will be taken care of. The courtesy driver was so amiable & understood my frustration with the timing as it fell on her shoulders to get me to my appt. on time and then during her busiest time of pick-ups get back and pick my up to get me back to the dealership before the Service Dept. closed. Not sure if I would return to dealer again.
Chase P. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/06/2016

Sandy,
I am so sorry that your experience here, was not what you expected.  I would like to extend my heartfelt apoligies.  I would like to make it right for you.  Please call me so that we can schedule a time to come get the vehicle from you and make your experience right.

Thanks
Chase Petersen

JJ
Jeffrey J.
Veneta, OR
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/24/2016 Category: Service
I did recieve a call from the service manager immediately. He said the problem was being taken care of.
I have not been back yet. All I can say at this point is, they were very responsive to my last review. I will give them a 3 star at this point, for trying to correct the problem. Only another visit will tell the truth, and I will tell the truth, good or bad.

08/24/2016 Category: Service
Nice people, very poor service response time.
I am loyal to a fault. I want to continue to do business with them, but unless they get the minor service issues fixed, for example oil change times are excessive, I will not be back.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/24/2016

We apologize for your unacceptable service visit. As a follow up to our phone conversation, your next service will be an improved experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business back.

DU
David U.
North Bend, OR
07/21/2016 Category: Service
A dealer who really cares
I recently had a regrettably poor experience with Sheppard Motors and the Service Department, see "unhappy in Coos Bay". To their credit I was contacted within 24 hours GARY the service director. He actually listened to and seemed very concerned about my complaint. It would seem that Sheppard Motors not only values their customers but also listens to and can responds to their needs. Time will tell if they willing to change and adjust. As I said before I overall like this dealership and I am pleased to see that they value my input.

07/21/2016 Category: Service
Unhappy is Coos Bay
Over all I really like this dealership, I bought 2 cars from them in the last 2 years and I think I'll continue to go there. However, their Allstate agents though nice, had a lot of trouble following through with their commitments and I had to go with someone else. The service department is not very communicative and took an unusual amount of time to do a simple 15,000 mile checkup.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/21/2016

David-

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent service visit and your past experience with Sheppard Motors. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. This is not the type of service experience that we want our guests to have at Sheppard Motors. I will be reaching out to talk with regarding your experience.

RONALD B.
Coquille, OR
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/02/2015 Category: Service
I went back.
Sheppard has "fixed" the customer waiting area amenities (thank you) and they redid/completed the work on my Santa Fe Sport at no charge. The young man that greeted me was friendly but after that I did not feel as if I was an appreciated customer. Others left me feeling like I had imposed on the dealership. Maybe it was due to the free tank of gas given me for the previous misadventure. I may be back but I will probably try another dealer.

05/02/2015 Category: Service
Poor Service Has Not Gotten Better
I would not return for further "service" to Sheppard. I waited for my car and was later told my tires were not rotated as Sheppard service people could not find my locking lug nut key. It was with the spare tire as it was when the car was delivered. No one came to the customer waiting area to ask me about it either. I provided the oil and filter and still paid $85 for a 15,000 mile safety inspection and oil change as no other work was done. I was charged $18.78 to change the oil (hazmat?) and $8.54 for the drain plug gasket.

I'd give a half star if I could. They ran out of coffee and after 45 minutes still had not gotten any back to the waiting area.
Melissa H., Service Manager from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/05/2015

Mr. Sir,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule today to speak to me.  It was my pleasure.  I apologize for the difficulty you experienced during your last visit.  I appreciate that you are giving me the opportunity to make it right and to take care of the things we missed.  Please feel free to call me directly if you have any further needs.  I look forward to meeting you soon.
Sincerely,

Melissa Hess
Sheppard Hyundai/Volvo

JON A.
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
01/10/2015 Category: Service
hyundai sevice rescore
After 4 visits, the problem was resolved. I would score the sales department a 5, but still not totally happy with the service I received. Therefore, I cannot raise that part ofthe rating any higher than a 4.

01/10/2015 Category: Service
Happy with sales and service until the last 2 visits
Please see my comments on the Hyundai survey for details
Ben K. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/12/2015

Dear Jon,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, we really do value this. I'm really sorry that we did not provide excellant service. If there is anything that I can personally do for you please let me know.

JOEL L.
Noti, OR
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/07/2015 Category: Service
who can you trust
I have received apologies and the offer of a discounted first service call for the vehicle as compensation. I wouldn't ask for more.

01/07/2015 Category: Service
3 contacts since buying the car from them of thoughtless & incompetent service.
We were initially not provided with proper information requested about the sale of the vehicle & had to get it elsewhere. I was never given requested information about the vehicle which caused me extra, unnecessary costs. I was provided very poor service the day I took it in for work.
Ben K. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/12/2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am terribly sorry about the experience that you had with us. We dropped the ball and would like to make it up to you.

EB
EILEEN B.
Yachats, OR
2011 Hyundai Tucson
08/26/2014 Category: Service
no red carpet
I said that I did not want any special treatment. Just want service explained including what it will cost. The service person should follow up when stating that he would get back with wait time. I should not have to find him our go find my car when it was finished. Nice waiting room but enough was enough.

08/26/2014 Category: Service
Taken advantage of
felt like service was recommended but not really needed. Nothing explained.
Ben K. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 09/04/2014

Hello Eileen,
Once again I apologize for the service experience you recieved. As we went over on the phone we will make sure the next time you come in the red carpet will be rolled out. I want all of our valued customers to have a great experience each time. Thank you for giving us another chance to earn your business. Have a great day!

JASON R.
06/25/2014 Category: Service
Service...
Finally got the service done and took longer than projected with the warrenty issues. They did give me a free loaner car due to me bringing the car back so many times. This time they called a kepted me in the loop vs. me calling trying to find out what's going on. This was an improvement over the last week.

06/25/2014 Category: Service
Service issues
First year or two the service teams are great both at the vw and Hyundai side. After that they don't fix issues right the first time and you have to keep going back in.
Ben K. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 07/17/2014

Hello Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very sorry about the inconvience of having return to the dealership more than once. I know your time is very valuable and I apologize. If there is anything that I can personally do for you please give me a call. I hope that you have a great day!

PA
Paul A.
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Sheppard service
Car was done in a timely fashion and they didn’t try to sell me anything in addition to what I asked for. Got a free car wash and fluids added at no charge.
BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey!  We appreciate your business.  We are continuously working to improve our service so if you have any issues in the future, please don’t hesitate to let us know about it.

-Sheppard Motors Service Dept.