4.4

Cottage Grove, OR
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/29/2020 Category: Service
Brian was very responsive to my concerns

05/29/2020 Category: Service
Lack of communication
Did not provide a rental
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/29/2020

Thank you for the review, i am truly sorry the experience here was not a 5 star experience . We have talked and i believe the next experience will be much better , again thank you for your time in helping us grow.

Junction City, OR
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/13/2020 Category: Service
Great followup
Was surprised and impressed by followup by both the service and general managers. Both listened to and addressed my concerns. I will gladly give service department a second try.

02/13/2020 Category: Service
Service Department
This is the third Hyundai I have purchased. Have always been pleased with sales never impressed with service department. Did not feel welcomed and felt like I was an inconvenience to service receptionist. After a couple of visits to the service department in the past ended up taking car to another dealership service department which are friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and respectful. I recommend Hyundai and Sheppard sales but not so much service.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2020

I am very sorry you had this experience with the staff here at Sheppard Motors. We strive for 5 star reviews , thank you for your honest feed back. It looks like we have a few things we need to work on.

RK
Rita K.
10/02/2019 Category: Service
Needs Improvement
I want to clarify that Dustin and Ilya at the Service desk were respectful, and Brian was attentive to my concerns, but I just wish the service department would return my calls. The staff admitted that my car was not returned in acceptable condition as my property was strewn haphazardly around my car, under the seats, on the back seat, on the floor and I even found something that was definitely NOT trash in my litter bag. I called again today and Brian did not return my call.

10/02/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/02/2019

I am again truly sorry your car was returned back to you in that condition  , my technicians and I had a meeting and we have new policy in effect for removing customer personal items when removing dash and center consoles. I am also sorry the part took so long to get here from the manufacture. Hopefully we can make this up to you in the future

JV
Jonna V.
2012 Hyundai Tucson
08/26/2019 Category: Service
Outstanding response
I recently left an unsatisfactory review. I was called within an hour to get details and schedule an appointment so that the issue can be reviewed. I am very impressed with the speed of the response and have high hopes for the eventual outcome.

08/26/2019 Category: Service
Less than expected
While I do not have very high expectations from this dealership, this visit lowered my opinion even more. I went in to have a loud clunk in the front end investigated. I offered to take someone out for a test drive so I could help them locate the issue but was told it was not necessary. They found no issues and released it. I have this documented so that when the front end falls out from under the car my heirs will have recourse. There was a bright spot, the shuttle driver was pleasant and efficient.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

I am sorry you had this experience with our dealership, we have set an appointment to have the car re inspected and I will be going on a test drive with you. Thank you for your response.

BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for the updated review.  We appreciate you giving us a second chance.  We hope you return to our dealership for your vehicle needs in the future.
                                         -Sheppard Motors Service Dept.

KH
Klaus H.
Roseburg, OR
2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/29/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager made things right.
The morning after my original review I was contacted by the service manager, Brian B., with an apology for the miscommunication by the service writer that was new on the job.

He also said that the original quote price would be honored on this transaction and I would be getting a refund for the differance.

It was the right thing to do and he will have me a a returning customer.

05/29/2019 Category: Service
Quote one price and then charge 67% more when the service was completed.
I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 and made an appointment to have an oil change two weeks in advance of the service date.

I arrived at the appointed time and sat with the service writer to fill out the customer information. I told him that all I needed was a oil change for my 2015 Genesis 5.0 and was quoted a price of $89. He said it would take a hour so I sat in the customer lounge a waited for the work to be completed.

One hour later the service writer came to me and said the work was completed. I asked where do I pay? He said come to my desk and I can take your payment. The bill came to $132.30 for the oil change. I asked why and was told by the Service Manager that Genesis 5.0 are more expensive.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

The price quoted was the normal price for our oil changes, your vehicle takes 3 more quarts of oil then other vehicle so that is where the price difference came about. I am sorry for the mis quote and glad we got things worked out over the phone.

Albany, OR
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Resolution of Complaints
After being advised of my oil change and tire rotation issues, SHEPHERD Motors in Eugene, Oregon contacted me and made everything right.

Once I receive the tire rotation refund as indicated with a representative, I will be very happy to recommend this company to anyone!

02/16/2019 Category: Service
Additional charges not explained prior to service
I would suggest asking about charges for tire rotation before beginning regular maintenance.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

I am very sorry we did not go over charges, this is something we are going to do more training on. Our process is to have customer sign estimate before the vehicle is worked on .

EC
Edward C.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/09/2018 Category: Service
Restore survey
The car was returned in working condition but the cabin interior was foul smelling. It should have thorughly aired out before being returned to the customer.

11/09/2018 Category: Service
So, so.
Not good. My car stank like a toxic waste dump and there was a low tire warning. I did not complain because it was late in the day ( close of business) and I had an early (8:00 AM) doctor's appointment. I returned after the doctor's appointment was over. Parking my car outside and driving with the windows open greatly reduced the stink so they just sprayed deodorant in the car never explaining what had caused the stink. They checked the tires and inflated them to the correct pressure. No explanation of what had caused the tires to be low.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/12/2018

Hey Edward,
I did some research and it looks like we did some major repairs the last time you where here and sounds like the oils/gasket sealer made some pretty horrible smells in you're car. I am very sorry you got the car back in that condition we strive to make sure our customers cars are perfect when returned. Let know if there is anything else we can do to help out the situation.
       In regards to the tire light, the tire pressures fluctuate with hot and cold temperatures. Usually in the fall when temps start to fall the tires will lose a little bit of air and the tire light comes on. If it hasn't returned back on since the service then I am sure it was weather related, If you have any issues with it please drop in and we will check the system and make sure its all correct.

Brian Bennett
Service Manger
541 321 5744

RJ
Ronald J.
01/15/2018 Category: Service
They said they have resolved my concerns
No one even talked to me to try to resolve my concerns - they have a lot of communication problems

01/15/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service - Customer beware
Very little concern for the customer - long service wait - they do not address the customers questions - but they do have cute tablet computers - and they did vacuum out the car at the end - would recommend Springfield Buick service department instead
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/15/2018

Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to improve.  I apologize that the service you received, was not satisfactory.

Marci Arold
541.762.8812
marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Carol S.
2005 Hyundai Elantra
08/25/2017 Category: Service
Recent repair
Thanks to Marci, she had my repair done quickly

08/25/2017 Category: Service
Run around
I am not a happy camper
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/25/2017

Hello,

My name is Marci Arold, and I am the new Service Manager here at Sheppard Motors.

I appreciate your feedback, and will make every effort to raise our performance!

Thank you again for your comments, as it is much appreciated.

If you would like to reach out to me personally, feel free to call me at 541.762.8812, or email marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Thanks again!

Marci Arold

SL
Stephanie L.
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
02/24/2017 Category: Service

02/24/2017 Category: Service
They resolved the problem and chase went the extra mile, thank you!
I tried to put not stars but it will not let me please update to 5 stars ?
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/27/2017

We aplogize your service visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your visit with you.

Jeri M.
02/08/2017 Category: Service
Wow!
I did not need or expect anything regarding my original review. However to my surprise I was contacted by Gary and will be sent a check for the difference. This is why I always come back. AMAZING!!

02/08/2017 Category: Service
Honest & reliable service
The job always gets done correct! I new I needed new tires and dropped it off for something totally different. When I came back the gentleman had printed me two quotes for new tires to take with me just because he noticed they were on their last leg. It is great to have a company anticipate my needs and not be pushy.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/09/2017

We apologize on the oversite on the tire pricing. We would like to remedy this situation as quickly as possible. Please contact me at your conveniece at 541-343-8811.

2006 Hyundai Sonata
12/08/2016 Category: Service
They go out of their way to make sure everything meets expectations.

12/08/2016 Category: Service
Chase is spread too thin, but does a great job against the odds.
They were quick.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 12/09/2016

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We apologize your service visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your visit with you soon.

12/05/2016 Category: Service
Blah's are gone and sunshine is back
The service manager gave me a call and we got everything straightened out. Miscommunication can be a problem sometimes. They just needed to do a better job of that and I believe they will from this point on. I am completely happy and will return for my services for the life of the car, or me! They have a;ways done a great job when it comes to servicing my car.I have recommened them in the past and will in the future.

12/05/2016 Category: Service
blah blah
blah
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 12/05/2016

I apologize that your service visit did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can discuss your visit. Thank you for providing feedback.

Shannon S.
North Bend, OR
2014 Hyundai Genesis Co
11/24/2016 Category: Service
Hyundai made it right by contacting me personally and listening to my concerns. Great to see a company that puts their customers first!

11/24/2016 Category: Service
Shuttle Service
We requested shuttle service when we were told our recall repair was estimated to take 3 hours to complete. (My last visit I was told 3 hours and I sat there for 5.) The shuttle driver hadn't come to get us after an hour, so I went to investigate. We never got a ride , but they did expedite the wait time.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/25/2016

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the struggles with our shuttle. The shuttle typically operates smoothly. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your visit with you. Please feel free to email or call. thank you

Mary B.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
11/12/2016 Category: Service
Owner of vehicle
Gary Hyland called me and we discussed my concerns. Mr. Hyland resolved this to my satisfaction.

11/12/2016 Category: Service
Owner of vehicle
Extremely poor communication between the service desk and me about the completion of the service on my car. I was left sitting in the customer lounge for several hours on a routine service check.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/12/2016

I apologize that we failed to respect your time and did not meet your expectation for your service visit. I appreciate the feedback you provided, I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your visit. Thank you for your time to provide this feedback.