4.4

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
01/22/2021 Category: Service
TD
We called the dealership when my daughters car broke down . They got us in right away and gave us a new loaner to drive away it took about 1hr to get it all done . Also they took very good care of us and fixed the car in a great period of time . Thank you for all the great work done !

01/13/2021 Category: Service
Td
Nice place friendly people
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/14/2021

I am very sorry we didnt keep you updated on the vehicle, its our normal to call once every 3-4 days for long term vehicles . Thank you for servicing your vehicle with us.

BL
Bill L.
01/12/2021 Category: Service
Re review
Service has greatly improved.

11/30/2020 Category: Service
Review
They did a good, timely job.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/30/2020

Thank you for the great review !

WR
Wayne R.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
10/22/2020 Category: Service
Brian,
I don’t think you’re quite getting it yet!
Sure, the new software program didn’t live up to it’s expected and assumed capabilities that didn’t include transferring the notes.
The software program designed for your dealership had the capabilities built into it, the real problem rests with, someone there failed to test it so it could be implemented into action to use with your customers.
That was the root cause of the problem of ‘the oil change problem’ that was dropped through the cracks.
That happened because someone dropped the ball and failed to test it.

The other problem that exists that seems to be getting glossed over is the fact that I sat there for 4 hours not knowing what to expect, only assuming. That’s partly my fault again along with my failure to make sure you installed the correct oil. I should have inquired periodically so I new where I stood. I failed because I assumed this was your job because I’m the paying customer!
Originally I was to be informed when the shuttle driver returned for a so called 3 hour service so I could get a ride to do some work I needed to do. Instead, I wasn’t notified while I patiently waited for an hour. At that time I chose to wait another 2 hours to get my car. After waiting 3 hours, I did go to Ilium and ask if my car was ready. He said it was a big service and they were still working on it. Was told to go wait in the waiting area and he would let me know when it was ready. I waited another hour, total of 4 hours!
I’m not sure why this part is being over looked? Unless it’s either your normal way of dealing with customers or it’s an easy way out because I’m not pressing it and you will think it will just go away because you think I’m ok with it. Would you be?

This is what I think. I think the mechanics and people in the back working on, then washing cars do a good job and are reliable. It’s the people upfront that’s dropping the ball with the customer.
Regards,
Wayne
This was sent Oct. 16, Friday. No response.

10/14/2020 Category: Service
They have good intentions.
Hyndai is a good product. I believe in hyndai.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/16/2020

Sorry thing went off the rails, the new system did not pull over our old notes but everything is fixed for next time < thank you for your support and the review . I promise we will do better next time!

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring
08/07/2020 Category: Service
Aware of Social Distancing Issues
I spoke by phone with some at their office, who was attentive to my concerns about a lack of communication during appointment scheduling about loaner car procedures and shuttle service social distancing options for customers at high-risk themselves or with high-risk family members.

08/06/2020 Category: Service
Not Pandemic Safe
At the moment I can no longer recommend this dealership. I hoped to borrow a loaner car during my vehicle's day-long 120,000 mile repairs, to avoid being in a small, enclosed space with the shuttle driver. I do have high-risk family members. Instead, no loaner car was available, and without any advance notice I was put in a shuttle van with not only the driver but two other customers. We all wore masks, but the windows were closed and we were in a small, enclosed space for quite a while. I could have at least arranged a friend to drive me if I had been told in advance about an unavoidable lack of proper social distancing for my personal situation.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/06/2020

Spoke with customer and put policys in place to make future customers aware of our protocols. Thank you for the review

Cottage Grove, OR
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/29/2020 Category: Service
Brian was very responsive to my concerns

05/29/2020 Category: Service
Lack of communication
Did not provide a rental
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/29/2020

Thank you for the review, i am truly sorry the experience here was not a 5 star experience . We have talked and i believe the next experience will be much better , again thank you for your time in helping us grow.

Junction City, OR
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/23/2020 Category: Service
Great followup
Was surprised and impressed by followup by both the service and general managers. Both listened to and addressed my concerns. I will gladly give service department a second try.

02/13/2020 Category: Service
Service Department
This is the third Hyundai I have purchased. Have always been pleased with sales never impressed with service department. Did not feel welcomed and felt like I was an inconvenience to service receptionist. After a couple of visits to the service department in the past ended up taking car to another dealership service department which are friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and respectful. I recommend Hyundai and Sheppard sales but not so much service.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2020

I am very sorry you had this experience with the staff here at Sheppard Motors. We strive for 5 star reviews , thank you for your honest feed back. It looks like we have a few things we need to work on.

RK
Rita K.
10/02/2019 Category: Service
Needs Improvement
I want to clarify that Dustin and Ilya at the Service desk were respectful, and Brian was attentive to my concerns, but I just wish the service department would return my calls. The staff admitted that my car was not returned in acceptable condition as my property was strewn haphazardly around my car, under the seats, on the back seat, on the floor and I even found something that was definitely NOT trash in my litter bag. I called again today and Brian did not return my call.

10/02/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 10/02/2019

I am again truly sorry your car was returned back to you in that condition  , my technicians and I had a meeting and we have new policy in effect for removing customer personal items when removing dash and center consoles. I am also sorry the part took so long to get here from the manufacture. Hopefully we can make this up to you in the future

JV
Jonna V.
2012 Hyundai Tucson
08/26/2019 Category: Service
Outstanding response
I recently left an unsatisfactory review. I was called within an hour to get details and schedule an appointment so that the issue can be reviewed. I am very impressed with the speed of the response and have high hopes for the eventual outcome.

08/26/2019 Category: Service
Less than expected
While I do not have very high expectations from this dealership, this visit lowered my opinion even more. I went in to have a loud clunk in the front end investigated. I offered to take someone out for a test drive so I could help them locate the issue but was told it was not necessary. They found no issues and released it. I have this documented so that when the front end falls out from under the car my heirs will have recourse. There was a bright spot, the shuttle driver was pleasant and efficient.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

I am sorry you had this experience with our dealership, we have set an appointment to have the car re inspected and I will be going on a test drive with you. Thank you for your response.

BREE A D. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for the updated review.  We appreciate you giving us a second chance.  We hope you return to our dealership for your vehicle needs in the future.
                                         -Sheppard Motors Service Dept.

KH
Klaus H.
Roseburg, OR
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/01/2019 Category: Service
Service Manager made things right.
The morning after my original review I was contacted by the service manager, Brian B., with an apology for the miscommunication by the service writer that was new on the job.

He also said that the original quote price would be honored on this transaction and I would be getting a refund for the differance.

It was the right thing to do and he will have me a a returning customer.

05/29/2019 Category: Service
Quote one price and then charge 67% more when the service was completed.
I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 and made an appointment to have an oil change two weeks in advance of the service date.

I arrived at the appointed time and sat with the service writer to fill out the customer information. I told him that all I needed was a oil change for my 2015 Genesis 5.0 and was quoted a price of $89. He said it would take a hour so I sat in the customer lounge a waited for the work to be completed.

One hour later the service writer came to me and said the work was completed. I asked where do I pay? He said come to my desk and I can take your payment. The bill came to $132.30 for the oil change. I asked why and was told by the Service Manager that Genesis 5.0 are more expensive.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

The price quoted was the normal price for our oil changes, your vehicle takes 3 more quarts of oil then other vehicle so that is where the price difference came about. I am sorry for the mis quote and glad we got things worked out over the phone.

Albany, OR
02/19/2019 Category: Service
Resolution of Complaints
After being advised of my oil change and tire rotation issues, SHEPHERD Motors in Eugene, Oregon contacted me and made everything right.

Once I receive the tire rotation refund as indicated with a representative, I will be very happy to recommend this company to anyone!

02/16/2019 Category: Service
Additional charges not explained prior to service
I would suggest asking about charges for tire rotation before beginning regular maintenance.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

I am very sorry we did not go over charges, this is something we are going to do more training on. Our process is to have customer sign estimate before the vehicle is worked on .

EC
Edward C.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/12/2018 Category: Service
Restore survey
The car was returned in working condition but the cabin interior was foul smelling. It should have thorughly aired out before being returned to the customer.

11/09/2018 Category: Service
So, so.
Not good. My car stank like a toxic waste dump and there was a low tire warning. I did not complain because it was late in the day ( close of business) and I had an early (8:00 AM) doctor's appointment. I returned after the doctor's appointment was over. Parking my car outside and driving with the windows open greatly reduced the stink so they just sprayed deodorant in the car never explaining what had caused the stink. They checked the tires and inflated them to the correct pressure. No explanation of what had caused the tires to be low.
Brian B. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 11/12/2018

Hey Edward,
I did some research and it looks like we did some major repairs the last time you where here and sounds like the oils/gasket sealer made some pretty horrible smells in you're car. I am very sorry you got the car back in that condition we strive to make sure our customers cars are perfect when returned. Let know if there is anything else we can do to help out the situation.
       In regards to the tire light, the tire pressures fluctuate with hot and cold temperatures. Usually in the fall when temps start to fall the tires will lose a little bit of air and the tire light comes on. If it hasn't returned back on since the service then I am sure it was weather related, If you have any issues with it please drop in and we will check the system and make sure its all correct.

Brian Bennett
Service Manger
541 321 5744

RJ
Ronald J.
02/08/2018 Category: Service
They said they have resolved my concerns
No one even talked to me to try to resolve my concerns - they have a lot of communication problems

01/15/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service - Customer beware
Very little concern for the customer - long service wait - they do not address the customers questions - but they do have cute tablet computers - and they did vacuum out the car at the end - would recommend Springfield Buick service department instead
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 01/15/2018

Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to improve.  I apologize that the service you received, was not satisfactory.

Marci Arold
541.762.8812
marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Carol S.
2005 Hyundai Elantra
08/25/2017 Category: Service
Recent repair
Thanks to Marci, she had my repair done quickly

08/25/2017 Category: Service
Run around
I am not a happy camper
MARCI A. from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 08/25/2017

Hello,

My name is Marci Arold, and I am the new Service Manager here at Sheppard Motors.

I appreciate your feedback, and will make every effort to raise our performance!

Thank you again for your comments, as it is much appreciated.

If you would like to reach out to me personally, feel free to call me at 541.762.8812, or email marci.arold@sheppardmotors.com

Thanks again!

Marci Arold

SL
Stephanie L.
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
03/07/2017 Category: Service

02/24/2017 Category: Service
They resolved the problem and chase went the extra mile, thank you!
I tried to put not stars but it will not let me please update to 5 stars ?
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/27/2017

We aplogize your service visit did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your visit with you.

Gary Hyland
Sheppard Motors
Service Director
541-343-8811
gary.hyland@sheppardmotors.com

Jeri M.
02/09/2017 Category: Service
Wow!
I did not need or expect anything regarding my original review. However to my surprise I was contacted by Gary and will be sent a check for the difference. This is why I always come back. AMAZING!!

02/08/2017 Category: Service
Honest & reliable service
The job always gets done correct! I new I needed new tires and dropped it off for something totally different. When I came back the gentleman had printed me two quotes for new tires to take with me just because he noticed they were on their last leg. It is great to have a company anticipate my needs and not be pushy.
Gary H., Service Director from Sheppard Hyundai responded on 02/09/2017

We apologize on the oversite on the tire pricing. We would like to remedy this situation as quickly as possible. Please contact me at your conveniece at 541-343-8811.

Gary Hyland