RE
Randy E.
06/29/2020 Category: Service
Randy said he paid $1900 to have his vehicle repaired and three blocks away it broke down.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 07/06/2020

After visiting with the customer we issue a partial refund  to the customer.

David H.
10/20/2016
Questionable problems - expensive fix
Took a Buick Enclave by for water pump repairs. I had suspension issues after pikcing up the vehcile. Their quote to fix the problem was substantially above other shops. I went elsewhere and will in the future.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 11/10/2016

Without seeing the other estimates i can only guess the reason we are higher is because we priced the Monroe OE Spectrum struts which are more expensive than the monroe matic plus struts and give a smoother ride. The other reason is that we priced replacing the upper strut mounts along with the struts. For our labor price we use Mitchell labor guide to set the price,

LT
Lynn T.
Nissan Versa
07/30/2016
This was sent to the wrong person. I have never owned a Nissan Versa
This was sent to the wrong person. I have never owned a Nissan Versa
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 08/01/2016

Sorry Lynn the review was actually for your 2014 Forest River 5th wheel. I do not know why they listed as a Nissan. I just hope you were completely satisfied with our work.

mary B.
Panhandle, TX
11/17/2018
Had a wheel bearing problem
On or about Oct 11th..I called William ant shortys and told him I had a problem with road noise I my ford edge.2010..he said to bring it in the next day so I did. I explained that I had a lot of road noise and that I think it may possibly be my wheel bearings going out on the right front tire and possibly brake problems.anyway.william said they'll check it out and call me..they called me back and said that it was my right front wheel bearing that needed fixing and then quoted me a price of 440 and also said that I needed my brakes worked on too..at which I declined them doing my brakes. Next day they called me at 1020am and said my car was done. I picked up the vehicle and when I left I had a few things to do in Amarillo and immediately I noticed the road noise was still there. I got home and told my husband and then I became so busy that I didn't bring if back to shortys. So on Nov 13th..I came back with my husband and told William again that I had the same problem and he said to leave it and they will check it out. The day before my husband had a couple mechanics look at the edge and they said it was the right front bearings and for me to take it back to,shortys. So then shortys. William called me and now said it was my front left wheel bearings. .which surprised me and I told them to go ahead n fix it but my husband said he didn't think we were getting an honest answer. I think they messed up my right bearing and didn't want to fix it without making the 450 and so they told me it,was my left front bearing problem now. I don't think that I got a fair deal and I'm being taken for money that I don't have and it just was very fishy now. So my husband called them and told them not to do anything,and we'll come pick up,my,edge..so we picked it up and I'm just very unhappy but paying 450 for something that isn't fixed.

DA
Dre A.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Dre said the technicians got the job done. They changed the fuse and wrapped a few wires. His boss had arranged a less expensive diagnostic for the vehicle. The technician was supposed to call before doing any work, instead he called and said the service cost a little over $100.

AN
Anthony N.
Porsche 911
11/28/2017 Category: Service
Anthony said he had a few issues during his visit to this business. The young lady at the front desk told him the mechanic could not get the wheel off. His vehicle was returned to him with oil dripping off the back, and there was a lot of back and forth. For the reasons specified, he would not recommend this business for service.

SG
Sunshine G.
Salisbury, NC
09/06/2017 Category: Service
Sunshine said the staff did not provide the full cost of the service up front.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 09/27/2017

Sunshine thank you for your review. I apologize that out initial estimate was off. Once we started doing the work we found more problems. I have been trying to contact Sunshine to reslove this issue. She has not return any of my calls.

KD
Kaden D.
Dodge Charger
07/16/2018 Category: Service
Kaden said the service seemed a little pricey.

Cade H.
MINI Cooper Coupe
08/20/2017 Category: Service
Cade said he took his vehicle in to be realigned but the business could not fix it without installing an adapter kit for $600. He appreciates their friendly customer service and they were willing to split the cost for the visit but he said basically he paid money for nothing because his vehicle still pulls to the right and he is not happy.

AL
Allen L.
Canyon, TX
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500
03/27/2016
Shorty's made the effort....
While I wasn't totally satisfied initially with the work...Shorty's did work with me to correct the problem and make sure I was satisfied when I left the shop! So yes, I would go back again and recommend this business to a friend.
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 04/05/2016

I apologize that we did not repair all the problems the first time you brought the motorhome in. I appreciate you letting us know that there was a problem and giving us a chance to correct it. We will work harder to make sure that everything is taken care of on your first visit next time.

SA
Shelly A.
Dodge Caliber
12/13/2015
Left a little disappointed...
I am satisfied with the professionalism of Shorty's. I was a little put off as this was the 3rd attempt to correct the issue with my tail lights and even though gave me a discount I don't feel that I should have been responsible since it turned out to be a wiring issue that should have been caught in one of the first 2 visits. I also had the state inspection done (disappointed that the gunk from the old sticker wasn't removed from windshield) and I had the oil changed. I left Shorty's and drove directly to work, then from work to home and I must say, this is the first time I have ever smelt oil burning when I pulled in the garage. To me with my experience/background, that tells me somehow oil was allowed to get on the engine of my car when being changed which I've never had happen. That was a little disappointing to me. Not sure I will return for that type of service. I'm going to say I recommend but I'm kind of on the fence here...
James and Danny B. from Shorty's Bear Safety Service Inc. responded on 12/18/2015

I apologize your experience was less than stellar. I visited with the tech about cleaning the windsheild. After talking to Shelly I adjusted the bill and explain to her the difficultly we had in finding the problem. The oil smell I am not sure about (proably spilt some oil on the exhaust manifold.) but Shelly said that she had not smelled it since the first time.

10/09/2020
Front end alignment specialist
They get your vehicle in the shop when they say they will.
They get the repairs done that you want repaired

TL
Tre L.
Cadillac CTS
10/09/2020 Category: Service
Tre said the labor is real high, just for an oil change and he felt like it should have been less expensive.

VC
Victor C.
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Victor said the staff do a good job.

Tula S.
Lexus GS 400 Luxury Perform Sdn
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Tula said the business is friendly and fast.