Simons Service Inc

Kevin S. on 10/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"NOT RECOMMENDED"
I recently (09/22/17) took my Son's Car to Simons Auto Repair 1801 W US Highway 50, O'Fallon, IL. location, (after researching on Review Websites and BBB for a good place to take his car) and was told the repair was just a slave cylinder at first and it would cost $180, as the clutch was not working properly. Later, we received a call and was told that the clutch and maybe the flywheel now need to be changed and it would would be anywhere from $1000-$1200 for the repairs. I spoke with the owner and told him this is for my Son's Car and to please not gouge him as he doesn't have the money for absorbent repair costs, which he explained to me that he understood and would do what he could. A few days later we picked up the Car and was presented a Bill of $1361.27, so I asked the Owner of this shop, why so much? He explained that the parts cost more than he had anticipated. We conceded and paid the bill but complained that it seemed very high for what was done. After I drove the Car back home, I decided to research the parts costs and found that we were charged roughly 3 times the actual cost of the parts, as I called the local Parts Supply store that all of the local Auto Repair Shops use. (Slave Cylinder charge $64.91/Cost $20.79, Flywheel charge $185.62/Cost $55.98, Clutch charged $305.02/Cost $155.98). When I called the owner and told him that I had researched the costs of the parts and found his prices 3 times the actual cost, he informed me that was his cost, so I explained that I had called the local Parts Supply stores and found the prices were much less, he explained that he didn't use this supplier, so I asked which supplier he used and he could not immediately explain which Supplier he used except some store named Stonewheele, which I called and could not get through to the parts department. So I called the Simons Auto Repair owner back, and he explained to me that this was the charge and if I had a problem with it that it was not his problem. I explained to him that I felt he should refund the difference in what we were charged vs the actual cost or I would be leaving his Business (Simons Auto Repair 1801 W US Highway 50 O'Fallon IL) a very negative report with the applicable Business Review websites. He explained that he didn't care and that he would not adjust the bill.
I just so happen to call another Auto repair facility and explained what I was charged for a Clutch, Flywheel and Slave cylinder change and they informed me that they had just changed all the same parts on a vehicle and charged their customer $700 minus the slave cylinder.
Within a week of getting the car repaired, the Axle on one side of the Vehicle started to leak all the Transmission fluid out onto our Driveway, so I called around and discovered that it should be warranted by the Shop who performed the work on it. Simons looked at the Car again and explained that the axle was leaking and was NOT warranted as it was not changed during the clutch work, which should have been inspected and replaced if found to be old or worn to prevent a leaky axle, which is the problem we were now having. The Owner of Simon's Auto Repair Shop not only refused to back up his Shops work, but proceeded to laugh and have all of his employees make faces out the picture window at us as we drove away upset.
I highly recommend that all Patrons avoid this Business at all costs, unless you don't mind paying 3 times the actual cost of parts, and don't need a warranty with the work performed.
I personally will Never, Ever recommend, nor patronize this Business, not even if its the last repair facility on earth.
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 10/30/2017 11:22 AM
Kevin S. on 10/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Avoid Simons Auto Repair Shop at All Costs "
I personally will never, ever recommend, nor patronize this Business, not even if its the last repair facility on earth.
Service Date: 09/22/2017