Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5rating 4.85714
Overall Rating 1.2857114/5rating 1.2857114rating 1.2857114rating 1.2857114rating 1.2857114

Stanwood, WA
Honda Accord Coupe
11/03/2019 Category: Service
Not a good experience
Took my accord in for oil change. Felt badgered by desk guy to “ up” the sale. Other maintenance. Filters. On and on. Even though I made it clear I was only interested in oil change. While I was waiting, he came over and tried to push more items again. Never had this experience before. Think I’ll go elsewhere next time.

Anacortes, WA
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Waited
They said they were short staffed on a Saturday morning. But, my wife and I were the only ones in the waiting room. There were only a very few in front of us. I thought they could have been more attentive and more polite.
Had to wait. Had to be patient.
Not the first time I had to wait for service.
It appears could be more organized and well managed.

WH
WILLIAM H.
Honda Accord Sedan
10/20/2019 Category: Service
tire noise
Our 2017 Accord has been making a grinding/rubbing noise from one of the wheels. Taken it in three seperate times. Last time they told us it was the tires. They said they were going to look into new tires for us. I dont think tires are are gonna make a metal to metal grinding noise but I decided to give it a shot. Been over a week and havent heard back from anybody. We are going to go try Bellingham
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 10/21/2019

Thank you for reaching out and my apologies in not getting this right. Would you mind if we reached out to you and got some more information regarding this?

KC
KEVIN C.
10/03/2019 Category: Service
Defective Door Panels
Kat is awesome! Made my kids feel very special. However, my blemished Pilot door panel was replaced with one that looks much worse. Very dissatisfied. I love Honda, but the little defects on my Pilot make it feel like a lower quality SUV, not a superior car like Honda should feel like.

KW
Kerry W.
Lynden, WA
10/02/2019
Did not do what they said they would
I asked them NOT to pull credit. I had $22,000 and $10,000 pre approved from northcoast credit union. I was trying to keep my score up for a va home loan. They ran my credit anyways and lowered my score. Now no VA loan. Nice car at fair price, great salesman, but a skunk somewhere.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you for reaching out and I’m happy to read about your satisfaction with your salesman and your vehicle. I will certainly look into what happened and why, we have so many authorizations and forms to fill out and sign I am surprised this somehow got missed or not explained. It is our policy regardless of where you are financing that we do a soft credit pull to ensure you are who you say you are as well as look into your history to ensure things are as such to allow a spot delivery without certified funds. If there is any additional information that would help me please feel free to share. Thank you again for reaching out and you will be hearing more from me.

JUSTIN B.
Ferndale, WA
Honda Civic Sedan
10/02/2019 Category: Service
Went in to get a simple oil change and the technician got oil all over the engine bay, windshield and all over the passenger side of car. Oily hand prints on the hood and forgot to fasten the metal skid plate back on all the way and didn't notice it until I got on the freeway and heard it dragging down the road. Luckily it didn't break off and hit someone behind me. Turned around to take it back to them and showed them their "professional" work. They apologized and said they would run it through the car wash...I didn't hand polish and wax it just to have it run through an abrasive machine. Told them to just rinse it off, put the skid plate back on and check the oil/filter again. I will not be returning for warranty service work or any work for that matter and will not purchase another new vehicle from them again.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you for reaching out and my sincere apologies in not getting the work done correctly and even worse not repairing it to the highest standards. This is not what we strive for nor a normal business practice, I will be meeting with our  team first thing in the morning and I will go over this. I will be in touch. Thank you again for reaching out  and thank you for doing so, this is NOT going to continue, I personally and I know our team cares far to much to see this kind of experience.

MK
MICHAEL K.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Honda Accord Sedan
09/30/2019 Category: Service
I've lost faith in the service department.
3 times to finally fix my TPMS. Squeak under the dash, which had a Honda Service Bulletin, took 3 visits and damage to my dash and vehicle. Mechanic was aware of the damage and still reinstalled the dash. Service manager was rude and really didn't seem to care at all. He seemed more upset that the mechanic made a mistake and now was going to cost the dealership money. I canceled the 4th service appointment because I no longer want Sims to work on this issue. I really don't think they will make it right.
Also a note: I purchased Honda locking lugs. Installed them this weekend. Owners manual says 80 ft. lbs.
I step torque lug nuts. I have optional wheels when I purchased the vehicle from Honda. Sims installed the wheels and damaged all 4 and one has a pretty scratch on it.
About half the lug nuts where torqued under 50 ft. lbs.
All but one lug nut was torqued under 80 ft. lbs.
That scares me that I was driving around with under torqued wheels.
I might come back to Sims for just my oil changes, but any future warranty items will probably be at Northwest Honda.
My biggest complaint is probably the Service Manager. Sure, he said he wold replace the damaged parts, but also said "I could over this whole car and probably find scratches". At that point he lost my respect, and he really didn't not seem to care what so ever. I get pretty upset when I think about how he treated me.
The service counter guy was cool, Miguel. The mechanic was nice, except when he came out to look at my car his hands where greasy/dirty.
The service manager could have made this all good, but his attitude and actions destroyed it all for me.

09/18/2019 Category: Service
Not Happy
I have been getting my oil changed at Sims for a couple years.
Everyone has always been very pleasant and you are very convenient, but sadly, I will look for another place to get my oil changed.
This last time I was very disappointed to see that the price has gone up by $15!
Also, I was told that both sets of brakes needed to be replaced. I had the front ones replaced at another place and they told me the rear ones were fine at 50%!!!
I also was informed I needed to replace a certain filter that I think was replaced not too long ago.

Honda Civic Coupe
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Sold me a car with a broken AC and still wants to charge me to fix it
Sold me a car with a broken AC and still wants to charge me More than $1,300 to fix it, this problem should of been fixed before I even bought it, very disappointed that I spent a lot of my hard earned money on this car just to dump more money into fixing it
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for reaching out, I am very sorry to read that your vehicle had an unforeseen problem, we do everything we can to ensure the vehicles we sell do not have any pre-existing problems. I will be happy to look into this for you and see if there was something we could have done on our ens to prevent this. If you have any additional information please let me know. I will be in touch, thank you again for reaching out and my sincere apologies if this was something we should have caught.

AF
APRIL F.
Nissan Sentra
08/11/2019 Category: Service
Poor service and attitude
Horrible service from cat Cooper. Still had to pay diagnostic fee even tho they said they can't help me and go to Nissan. My car ran even worse after having it at your service counter, and the car barely made it home.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 08/12/2019

Thank you for reaching out and my apologies for the poor customer service, there is nothing that you or anyone else could do to warrant that reagrdless of our policies on diagnostic and repairs needed. We do charge to diagnose vehicles just like a doctors office charges you reagrdless of the visit. It does look like the code we pulled and repairs needed can only be done at a Nissan store, were you able to get the work done?

Joseph F.
Port Townsend, WA
08/07/2019
One star is too many...
Wrong VIN on documentation, CarFax shows them as the only owners of a vehicle with 60k miles. They were perfectly willing to sell the car with the wrong VIN, and after insisting they correct the paperwork, they were insistent on having it returned to them immediately. After $600 worth of cooling system work, and finding the ignition coil packs improperly installed, I hope to pick up the car and finally drive it. Oh, btw, I'm STILL waiting for the owners manual they said would be included with the purchase. It seems they are refusing to fulfill the written, signed agreement to provide the manual. I've had the car a month. I will never return. Buyer Beware!!!!
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 08/08/2019

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your purchase, I am aware of the vin issue from the maufacturer and we did follwo state laws in that regard, it is not something I understand but we did reach out to the state and followed proper protocol. I am apologetic in the vehicle not being ready for sale at time of delivery however we want to ensure it is correct before putting it in your possession, I am unaware of the issue with the owners manul, however please just reach out and I can get it resloved. Thank you very much and I hope I can make this right for you.

BE
BETH E.
Honda Element
07/25/2019 Category: Service
Everyone kept telling me.... and they were right.
I dropped my car off on a Sunday and the salesperson was kind enough to take my keys and give them to the service manager I named. On Monday he called and informed me that they checked the starter and another piece, which were both fine, so they think the alternator is bad. The cost? $895.00 to replace the alternator in a 2003 Element! Initially I fell for it because EVERY transaction I've ever had at this station has been impeccable - 10 years worth of service and I blindly trust them. But then I got to thinking that was a lot of money, especially since we had just paid them nearly $4000. for repairs the month prior. So I checked around and there was no place that I could even beg to charge me $500 for the same service. So I opted for a mechanic I know, and guess what? It wasn't even the alternator! Something has changed about Simms service - for years it has been my go-to, but I felt like I got the shaft on the 4K bill - the servicve manager was new and I couled see from the receipt that they racked the bill as high as they could by adding things I didn't need - an oil change when it had just been changed the month prior- and the credit my old service manager said he'd give wasn't applied either. There were a few other items but I decided to brush it off and just insist that I work with my old manager on the alternator. The worst part, is that I did get to work with him, and he's the one that delivered the alternator news. What happened Simms? I hate to think it, but we might be breaking up.

REBBECA B.
Anacortes, WA
07/16/2019 Category: Service
3rd time in a row! Offered a service not required
I have purchased 3 Honda’s in 15 years from SIMS. When Chris was the MX manager everything was awesome. Since his departure I’ve been offered services that I didn’t need (verification done via Les Schwab and another service company in Anacortes). Recently I did a trip inspection that ended up with dash lights I never had driving off the lot; they wanted payments for and no oil service tag to bout! Sad, but my time with Sims is over!

MF
MARISSA F.
07/07/2019 Category: Service
TV, COFFEE, NICE RESTROOMS
Technician did NOT give an accurate diagnosis for my safety hazard of a car, which dies randomly. I would have appreciated if the whole team put more effort into researching my car, AS IT IS A FUCKING SAFETY HAZARD.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 07/08/2019

Thank you for reaching out. Might I ask you to elaborate on your recent visit as to what was missed on your vehicle? I see we recommended repairs on several items. Please let me know ASAP.

RICHARD H.
07/05/2019 Category: Service
Low oil level after the service.
We paid $600 to have our 2010 CRV's belt changed and an oil change. My daughter was driving the car to Portland the next day and I decided to check the oil level. The level was 1 quart low. Also checked under and around the car and there weren't any leaks. Appears to have been forgotten to check the level. Also checked the all 4 tires and added 10 pounds to each tire.

JENNIFER M.
Bellingham, WA
06/21/2019 Category: Service
10,000 mile service
At my second service for a 2018 Touring Edition CR-V, they did a sloppy job rotating my tires. The vehicle has black rims and they scratched EVERY one. The service manager came out to see them. He offered to have the scratches “buffed,” but the damage was already done. How do you buff out scratches when they are down to the metal?! The service manager said they didn’t have the right socket because it costs so much. How is that my fault.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 06/21/2019

Thank you for reaching out and my apologies for it being under these circumstances. Please reach out to me and I will ensure your wheels get brought back to new condition and we have the correct tools going forward. My apologies again and there is a way to repair these.

JAY C.
Auburn, CA
06/02/2019 Category: Sales
Non disclosure of vehicle being hit or backed into something on the passenger side.
So I said

I will take a man’s word, whom I have known for over a decade to be thorough when inspecting vehicles including high dollar classic cars as truthful over a dealership that did know there was damage on the vehicle. Your dealership replaced a body flaring on the passenger side of the vehicle within inches of the damaged bumper.

Your business practices are not acceptable and I will recommend Marysville Honda moving forward as I was the one who sent Mr. Cantiberos your advertising that was misleading to the customer. The vehicle was not in “new condition” we were lead to believe.

I would give zero stars if possible

If your business did not see that damage on inspection when you received it from Foothills your entire used vehicle inventory is subject to the same sleazy car dealer stereotype.

I already purchased a new tail light on the passenger side and in the process of ordering a new bumper.
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 06/02/2019

Thank you for reaching out, I do apologize for you not having the best things to write about our dealership as that is what we strive for. Could you please give me a few more details as to what actually happened and when, also who did you deal with at the store. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

LG
LINDA G.
Acme, WA
06/02/2019 Category: Service
Lack of information
The gentleman who checked me in was just fine, but the experience itself was far from fine. I bargained (when purchasing my vehicle) for Honda Care. I asked if it was for the life of the car, and the sales reps said it was. When scheduling my recent service, I informed them it would be under Honda care, as I have done every time I scheduled service. No one has ever mentioned anything about an end point. At this service, the gentleman said it would not be covered. I was shocked, and after much ado, they said they would perform one last service. I still believe that the conditions should have been made clear to me at the time of purchase, and feel this is very unprofessional. Unless this is resolved, I will be taking my next car purchase and service elsewhere. This is the 5th Honda I have purchased, but next time will consider other options. Thank you for your time to understand this issue!
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 06/02/2019

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about the confusion on your Honda Care maintenance package. I do have some questions as we have only been selling the Honda Care for a short amount of time and the maximum coverage we provide is for 5 years and 60,000 miles. Please let me know who you made these promises and let me do some investigating. Thank you again and I look forward to providing some clarity.

Mel B.
05/17/2019
Disaapointed1stimecustomer
Bought a vehicle from them and everything was fine until 4 days later I got a call that I owed them money for my trade in. We are very honest and up front with them when we were negotiating and with there 30 + yrs of experience I know that they know that the value of my trade-in is lower that the payoff amount. They could just be upfront w/ us & we should have renegotiate with them but they choose to be DISHONEST & SHADY. SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! I cannot advertised the so I took all the signs that I got my car from SIMS HONDA that how bad it is I feel about this place. BTW this a lower than 1 star review somehow I can't click the stars.

DAVID L.
Bellingham, WA
05/14/2019 Category: Service
One of my biggest pet peeves was broken!
What I thought was going to be a four star review has now turned into a one star review for the shady business practices of one or more persons in the service department. I came in to have two recall issues dealt with and found out there was a third, so planned to have that taken care of also while I waited. Austin was great and very helpful. After waiting for awhile, Derk came over to me and said that the recall issues were almost completed, but that the cabin air filter was very dirty and that the washer fluid and power steering fluid was very low and needed to be filled. I told Derk to go ahead with the replacement of the cabin air filter since I knew it probably was indeed dirty. I told him to hold off on the fluid "issues" because I was going to be going to my locally owned business to have an oil change/fluid check, tire rotation, and wiper blades replaced........I found out when I went that the power steering fluid was NOT low whatsoever. The tech even looked for a leak. NOTHING! I keep up on maintenance so I knew this probably would be the case! It is clear that because I was at Sims for a recall issue, some in the service department were trying to get more money from me. I will never return. I was going to schedule a detailing, but am going to go to a locally owned business. Shame on you, SIMS! Plus, I have been inundated with e-mails about buying a car! I couldn't unsubscribe fast enough......and, I even received texts! Geez!
Bobby M., General Manager from Sims Honda responded on 05/14/2019

Thank you for reaching out regarding your past visit and I’m sorry to read of your displeasure in your recent visit. I do want to assure you of a couple things, we do a complimentary fill on low fluids at no charge on the concerned item, so there would be nothing noticed by the other store as we filled it at no charge. As far as the marketing goes we can take you off the list at any time at your request. It would remove you from any and all service coupons as well. Please let me know if you would like me to do this. I hope this is a misunderstanding and we can continue our business with you going forward. Than you again for reaching out and I hope we can earn that great score you were going to give us in the first place.