BW
Brent W.
Volkswagen EuroVan
02/01/2018
Not impressed
I brought my volkswagon eurovan in because it wouldn't start. I was told it needed a new battery before they could work on it. When I was quoted $210 to replace it, I was concerned. I was able to purchase a battery for less than $70 at a local autoparts store. It took 5 minutes to change the battery - one tie down bolt and the two terminal bolts - that's it! The service writer told me he was charging me what his cost for an interstate battery was plus the estimated labor charge. He further told me the ignition setting had to be reset. What? Never heard of such a thing. At this time, I really felt I was being taken for a ride. I was able to discuss your business with a few people. The overall concessions was that your business used to be fantastic, but not so good as of late. I decided to take my business elsewhere.
Tiffanie I. from Siskiyou Import Services Inc responded on 02/19/2018

Hi Brent,
Thank you for taking the time this morning to talk to me about your experience at Siskiyou Imports.  I am sorry that our communication with you when your eurovan was into our shop was not as clear as it should have been, and that it caused concern for you.  The quote you were given included time spent trying to charge the battery, and testing it before recomemending replacement, the cost of replacing the battery, labor for the replacement and also the reprogramming of clock, radio stations, window relearn and idle relearn.  All customers have the right to choose wether or not the service being offered is a good value for them, and I honor your choice to do the work yourself.  Mark and I will continue to work on clear and direct communication on all aspects of a repair so that there are no unclear terms or phrases used with customers.
Again, thank you for taking the time to talk to me today.  It is an important part of running a healthy business to talk with customers about all aspects of their experience at Siskiyou Imports, and I take this responsibility seriously.

MO
Mischa O.
Oregon
Volkswagen New Beetle
06/28/2017 Category: Service
Mischa said she received a second opinion for the services she needed and was able to get the work done at another unspecified business for a lower price. This business gave her an inaccurate diagnosis for her vehicle.

Jermey D.
Somes Bar, CA
07/06/2016
took a long time...
the repairs on my 99 tacoma took an entire month. it is my work truck and i asked for some compensation on their delay and i was offered no compensation on their work. my truck had quite a list of repairs. radiator, valve job, ball joint, brake lines, fluids flushed, new timing chain. i found siskiyou import to be very communicative during the repair process which was very helpful. mark helped me on the phone and was always straightforward and honest. all the repairs seem to be functioning very well. i noticed quite an improvement in performance with the valves and timing being done. i live out of town a couple hours and i thought i was going above and beyond by going to a reputable mechanic like siskiyou import. but then on the way home i already had a rotational noise in the front left wheel, almost sounding like a small rock in the brakes....except i just paid $$ thousands of dollars for repairs. after picking up my truck i stopped at shop n kart for groceries. noticed that my hood wasn't even slammed shut. what kind of mechanic doesnt slam the hood? luckily i hadn't gotten on the 5 yet. enough said, i would choose someone else....
Tiffanie I. from Siskiyou Import Services Inc responded on 07/19/2016

Hi Jermey, I'm sorry and a little supersized to see you are so unhappy with our service. I know it tool longer than any of us wanted. I don't know what to say about the hood, we have a system of double checking things to prevent that from happening but I guess we missed it. I am sorry about that and glad you saw it before getting on the freeway. I know we lost some time waiting to hear back from you, I know receiving calls is not always easy for you. Then the camshaft issue and unfortunately that was a bit out of our control.
I guess I was just confused a little to see such a low scoring after we worked so hard to get your truck in good condition. I am glad to hear it's running so much better than it was.
Please reach out to us if you are unhappy and we will do our best to make things right.
Bow

SQ
Susan Q.
06/05/2017
Not feeling service was great.
I brought my car in for general review of needed work at 60000 plus miles . I asked that the mechanic evaluate what my car needed rather than going with a list provided by the dealer. I also asked that I be notified of any other issues identified that needed repair. I expect that your staff would use their knowledge to evaluate other issues. Upon pick up I was told my rear brakes were at the min level 20% but no one bothered to call me so this issue could be resolved. I was told you were too busy to repair the brakes. Really not acceptable especially since I had brought my car in at 3 pm the evening before. I am brining my car back for the brake repair and we will see how the service goes. I may not choose to return based on my experience. I was referred by a family member and I will be sure to let them know how things go on Wed. At this point i would not refer a friend.

BP
Bob P.
Mazda Tribute
01/14/2017
Extreme markup on parts
This was my first visit to Siskiyou Imports. The staff was very nice, the service quick and the labor price fair. The markup on the parts was 2.5 times the local Napa dealer retail price and double the Mazda dealer retail price. Seems a little extreme!

Mark R.
Puyallup, WA
Toyota Celica
07/28/2016 Category: Service
Mark said the business was less than a mile away when his vehicle broke down. They did pretty good work and they seemed really nice, but they had some bad parts and their prices were too high. He mentioned when the vehicle broke down 130 miles away the warranty did pay for the work.

TP
Tom P.
Volkswagen EuroVan
06/26/2016
van repair
please do small repairs light replacing brake lights when van is in for service - no need to ask and set up another appointment
Tiffanie I. from Siskiyou Import Services Inc responded on 07/19/2016

Hi Tom, I just read your review (I'm a little behind) and I was a bit confused. It kinda looks like your asking for some repairs on your lights next time the can is in but the email you responded to was asking you to review us. It would be great to have a review from you but this one is confusing.
Let me know if you need any help.
Thanks
Bow

TH
Thomas H.
05/17/2016
normal oil change (with "just a few words")
I asked "does my car need special oil?" I was told: "No - just normal 10 - 30; It'll be 37.95." I made a specific appointment, expecting a 10-,minute job, and signed for $ 37.95. "It'll now be $ 81.91" I was fold 45 minutes later.
"Many newer cars need the synthetic oil now." I paid cash for "premium engine oil", but $43.96 was listed as a separate item.

HS
Habib S.
INFINITI QX4
05/30/2018 Category: Service
Habib said he was not very pleased with the staff. They quoted him one price over the phone and when he picked up his vehicle it didn't match what they told him it would be. They did do a good job on the vehicle and fixed it well.

TW
Travis W.
10/31/2017 Category: Service
Travis said the staff is nice but prices are pretty high compared to other facilities in town.

KV
Kirt V.
Nissan Xterra
08/25/2016 Category: Service
Kirt said the business was very expensive.

WS
William S.
01/17/2020 Category: Service
William said he has gone there a couple of times and was happy with their service. His last time there, they were not able to put in an engine. They diagnosed it well and he likes Mark over there.

Max C.
12/27/2019 Category: Service
Max said that it was quick and easy. He went in, dropped off his vehicle and picked it up 2 days later.

Kol S.
Wilsonville, OR
Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl)
11/07/2019 Category: Service
Kol said that they were friendly. They explained everything when he asked without a sour tone.

Chris W.
09/22/2019
Great Place
Loved the service i got here. Mark was very clear about the service and charges. Talked with the mechanic John and he gave me a rundown on the truck. The only reason they did not get a 5 is that they did not explain the mechanics notes on the truck about brakes. you need to let us know what is happening with our vehicles.