BW
Brent W.
Volkswagen EuroVan
02/01/2018
Not impressed
I brought my volkswagon eurovan in because it wouldn't start. I was told it needed a new battery before they could work on it. When I was quoted $210 to replace it, I was concerned. I was able to purchase a battery for less than $70 at a local autoparts store. It took 5 minutes to change the battery - one tie down bolt and the two terminal bolts - that's it! The service writer told me he was charging me what his cost for an interstate battery was plus the estimated labor charge. He further told me the ignition setting had to be reset. What? Never heard of such a thing. At this time, I really felt I was being taken for a ride. I was able to discuss your business with a few people. The overall concessions was that your business used to be fantastic, but not so good as of late. I decided to take my business elsewhere.
Tiffanie I. from Siskiyou Import Services Inc responded on 02/19/2018

Hi Brent,
Thank you for taking the time this morning to talk to me about your experience at Siskiyou Imports.  I am sorry that our communication with you when your eurovan was into our shop was not as clear as it should have been, and that it caused concern for you.  The quote you were given included time spent trying to charge the battery, and testing it before recomemending replacement, the cost of replacing the battery, labor for the replacement and also the reprogramming of clock, radio stations, window relearn and idle relearn.  All customers have the right to choose wether or not the service being offered is a good value for them, and I honor your choice to do the work yourself.  Mark and I will continue to work on clear and direct communication on all aspects of a repair so that there are no unclear terms or phrases used with customers.
Again, thank you for taking the time to talk to me today.  It is an important part of running a healthy business to talk with customers about all aspects of their experience at Siskiyou Imports, and I take this responsibility seriously.

MO
Mischa O.
Oregon
Volkswagen New Beetle
06/28/2017 Category: Service
Mischa said she received a second opinion for the services she needed and was able to get the work done at another unspecified business for a lower price. This business gave her an inaccurate diagnosis for her vehicle.

SQ
Susan Q.
06/05/2017
Not feeling service was great.
I brought my car in for general review of needed work at 60000 plus miles . I asked that the mechanic evaluate what my car needed rather than going with a list provided by the dealer. I also asked that I be notified of any other issues identified that needed repair. I expect that your staff would use their knowledge to evaluate other issues. Upon pick up I was told my rear brakes were at the min level 20% but no one bothered to call me so this issue could be resolved. I was told you were too busy to repair the brakes. Really not acceptable especially since I had brought my car in at 3 pm the evening before. I am brining my car back for the brake repair and we will see how the service goes. I may not choose to return based on my experience. I was referred by a family member and I will be sure to let them know how things go on Wed. At this point i would not refer a friend.

BP
Bob P.
Mazda Tribute
01/14/2017
Extreme markup on parts
This was my first visit to Siskiyou Imports. The staff was very nice, the service quick and the labor price fair. The markup on the parts was 2.5 times the local Napa dealer retail price and double the Mazda dealer retail price. Seems a little extreme!

Mark R.
Puyallup, WA
Toyota Celica
07/28/2016 Category: Service
Mark said the business was less than a mile away when his vehicle broke down. They did pretty good work and they seemed really nice, but they had some bad parts and their prices were too high. He mentioned when the vehicle broke down 130 miles away the warranty did pay for the work.

Jermey D.
Somes Bar, CA
07/06/2016
took a long time...
the repairs on my 99 tacoma took an entire month. it is my work truck and i asked for some compensation on their delay and i was offered no compensation on their work. my truck had quite a list of repairs. radiator, valve job, ball joint, brake lines, fluids flushed, new timing chain. i found siskiyou import to be very communicative during the repair process which was very helpful. mark helped me on the phone and was always straightforward and honest. all the repairs seem to be functioning very well. i noticed quite an improvement in performance with the valves and timing being done. i live out of town a couple hours and i thought i was going above and beyond by going to a reputable mechanic like siskiyou import. but then on the way home i already had a rotational noise in the front left wheel, almost sounding like a small rock in the brakes....except i just paid $$ thousands of dollars for repairs. after picking up my truck i stopped at shop n kart for groceries. noticed that my hood wasn't even slammed shut. what kind of mechanic doesnt slam the hood? luckily i hadn't gotten on the 5 yet. enough said, i would choose someone else....
Tiffanie I. from Siskiyou Import Services Inc responded on 07/19/2016

Hi Jermey, I'm sorry and a little supersized to see you are so unhappy with our service. I know it tool longer than any of us wanted. I don't know what to say about the hood, we have a system of double checking things to prevent that from happening but I guess we missed it. I am sorry about that and glad you saw it before getting on the freeway. I know we lost some time waiting to hear back from you, I know receiving calls is not always easy for you. Then the camshaft issue and unfortunately that was a bit out of our control.
I guess I was just confused a little to see such a low scoring after we worked so hard to get your truck in good condition. I am glad to hear it's running so much better than it was.
Please reach out to us if you are unhappy and we will do our best to make things right.
Bow

TH
Thomas H.
05/17/2016
normal oil change (with "just a few words")
I asked "does my car need special oil?" I was told: "No - just normal 10 - 30; It'll be 37.95." I made a specific appointment, expecting a 10-,minute job, and signed for $ 37.95. "It'll now be $ 81.91" I was fold 45 minutes later.
"Many newer cars need the synthetic oil now." I paid cash for "premium engine oil", but $43.96 was listed as a separate item.

BF
Brian F.
Toyota Prius c
01/17/2020
Toyota
Accessible, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.

Volkswagen Touareg
01/16/2020
Responsive , good service , home town feeling ,They answer the phone,cost to fix was what they said and when .
Great service , and Mark Has answered my call every time ,
I thought we would give them a try
With a couple of cars we own and needed some work done , I never felt they were over selling at all .
They got it done on one car , runs great and found something that we should fix .other car did a free visual safety inspection ,I thought might need some brake pads , found all was good with brakes , so far so good .I trust there owner and long time mechanic also .

SE
Selia E.
01/14/2020
The best!
As always, professional, courteous, and knowledgeable AND at a reasonable cost. Can’t do better.

Rachel B.
Medford, OR
Volvo V40
01/14/2020
Great work, great price, very friendly
Love them!! Only go to them for reliable truthful hard work for your car

PS
Paul S.
01/07/2020
Friendly, efficient, informative.
Always a warm greeting from Mark up front. Work well done, and suggestions for future work. No Pressure. Probkem and repair are always well defined and explained.

Keenan M.
Volvo S40
01/06/2020
Last mechanic I'll ever need
Outstanding service, great quality of work, fast, efficient and affordable. Only place I'll take my car in Southern Oregon.

EH
Erik H.
01/03/2020
Quick and reasonable price
I have taken my car here twice now and have had great experiences every time. The owner, Mark is very friendly and each time the repairs have been expedient and reasonably priced. I definitely will be returning here whenever I have car trouble.

CR
Carol R.
01/02/2020
They do a great job and it’s close to home
Thank you for your availability and taking care of my car!