SA
Shay A.
Shingle Springs, CA
07/10/2016
Quid pro Quo
First thing Smog Mart offer discounts on oil change for reviews, quid pro quo. So I suspect a lot of these reviews were for discounted service. I brought my car in for a brake and lamp inspection. I was told my rear brakes needed to be replaced. The estimate was for almost $500, just for the rear brakes. Big O Tires who does my tire rotations told me I had more than 50% life left , and flat out told me I was getting ripped off. I was told I needed to have the work done there or I would have to pay for a new inspection. I took up the issue to Consumer Affairs. They lied to Consumer Affairs and told them I had little life to my rear brakes. That is not what they told me. I was told they were out of specs and needed to be replaced. I won the case but only receive half of the money refunded for the inspection. Stay Away
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 07/11/2016

Hello Shelly L. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience we have caused you. We take all of our customers concerns very seriously. I have thoroughly reviewed your invoice, you requested for us to perform a DMV brake n light inspection for $90. $45 for light and $45 for brake. We found that your rear passenger side wheel cylinder was leaking and needed to be replaced in order to pass the brake inspection. We recommended for the shoes and drums to be replaced at the same time as a preventative maintenance since they were very close to spec. It was cheaper in labor to do it all together.

The reason you received a partial refund was not because we measured incorrectly but was because you declined for us to remove a wheel lug nut that was crossed thread on the rear driver side not allowing us to complete the brake inspection. Since we could not complete the brake inspection we agreed with consumer’s affairs (BAR) that a refund was due.

Regarding BIG O tires claim. We use tools regulated and authorized by BAR for the inspection and show all of our customers the issue’s found. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do for you regarding this or any other issues.

Thank you.

TJ
Tamy J.
Honda Accord
05/18/2016 Category: Service
Tamy said her vehicle was at this business 4 days ago. She realized the cap is off of the radiator. They added coolant to the radiator to help keep the system cool. It's blowing hot air again. She plans to return to have this matter rectified.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 05/19/2016

Hello Tamy J, I have reviewed your invoice # 59605 and noticed that we performed a A/C service. After the service was complete we recommended an A/C diagnostics since the vehicle still was not cooling cold enough. Not sure what you meant about added coolant and cap being off, but I would like to find out more information about your concerns. Please call or bring your vehicle in so we can attempt to help you out.

SD
STEVE D.
Galt, CA
Acura 3.5RL
05/10/2016
Don't use Groupons here!!!
I used a groupon to help save a little money for a smog test. I was failed because they said I had a leak in my air hose. There wasn't a hole just a crack and after taking it to 3 other dealers, and a parts store, they all said it was ridiculous to fail me because of that.. They want to charge me $150 to replace the hose, and a little glue would suffice!!! All because I was trying to save money. They also made other recommendations for over $2000 of extra repair that I don't think is necessary. If you're not a mechanic, you have to take their word, and I'm not sure I believe them.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 05/10/2016

Hello Steve Dodd, I am really sorry for your unpleasant experience at our shop. Unfortunately we have to follow the requirements of the BAR smog rules and a torn intake boot hose would be a failure. Per BAR there may not be any tape or glue to hold the hose together.

Regarding the recommendations, I wanted to know if the technician or service writer took you back into the shop to show you what they found. Our process is to show all of our customers the repairs needed to be done so you can see and understand what is going on.

I would like to give you 10% off the smog repairs needed and perform a free smog retest if you would be willing to come back to give us another shot.
Feel free to contact me at anytime.

916 284-6714 cell
916 427-7664 shop

IS
ISRAEL S.
Roseville, CA
03/06/2016
Break&Lamp Inspection
Had the inspection done.The guy told me that my car didn't pass told me I needed to fix break pads,some clips in the front head lights etc etc.So that all related to the exam i get it.But then the tech told i needed to fix suspension problems that he said the car had,now that has nothing to do with the B&L. Inspection but he told me that I needed to fix that so my car can pass.I took the car to another shop and did the exam there,they fixed the pads that I needed to pass.They told me that I didn't need to fix the suspention problems that this shop told me.This shop is trying to fix things in my car does not need just to get more money from me.So I will never do business with them anymore.

MT
Mario T.
Volkswagen Touareg
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Mario said this business had bad service. They gave him false information and they got nothing accomplished after keeping his a vehicle for a day. They tried getting him to buy an extra battery that was very expensive. He would not recommend them for service.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 03/07/2016

Hello Mario T, I have reviewed your invoice and noticed that we did not perform any work other the starting your diagnostics. I also noticed that we did not charge you for the service since we could not complete repairs. I apologize for wasting your time and not being able to complete your request, If there is anything else I can due regarding any of your concerns please let me know.

Thank you.

AW
Aisha W.
Rancho Cordova, CA
Lincoln Continental
03/03/2016 Category: Service
Aisha said the business did not explain what they were doing with her vehicle and the prices are little high. For the reasons stated, she would not recommend this business for service.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 03/07/2016

Hello Aisha W, I have reviewed your invoice and would like to see if there is anything I can do to help you better understand the recommendations needed from the preventative maintenance. I think we are very competitive when it comes to our prices, If you found another company that will do it for less I would like to price match them allowing you to get a free Re Test. Feel free to call my anytime 916 427-7664.

Mattie B.
02/06/2016 Category: Service
Mattie said this business looked at her brakes and told her nothing was wrong with them. She can still hear the noise they claim not to have heard. She believes something is wrong with the brakes.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 02/08/2016

Thank you for letting us know that there is something wrong with the brakes. The first time you come in we drove together and could not hear any brake noise. Please come back ASAP so we can both take another drive to attempt to fiqure out the issue.

Josh P.
California
Acura Integra
10/12/2015 Category: Service
Josh said he is not happy with the business. He went in for 3 weeks trying to get service and the business was either too busy or the mechanic was not available. It was a waste of his time.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 10/13/2015

Hello Josh P.

I am very sorry for your inconvenience, there is no excuse to why your vehicle was not complete and you had to waste so much time. I appreciate you leaving this review since it helps me understand where and what we are doing wrong allowing us to fix these issues for our customers.

If you have not already had the brake & lamp inspection completed at another station, I would like to perform the service for you at no charge.

Please let me know if that is something you would be interested in so I can set up an appointment for you at your earliest convenience.

smogmart@gmail.com
smogmart.com

NR
Nathan R.
Scion xB
09/17/2015 Category: Service
Nathan said he had a bad experience with this business. It is hard getting a hold of them for more information about the state of his vehicle. They told him they would call him back but never do and seem to not know what is going on with the vehicle.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 09/21/2015

Hello Nathan R

I am very sorry for the lack of good service that we failed to provide. I aim to have my team provide the best customer service possible and want to make sure that we do. I would like your help to see where we went wrong. Please contact me anytime through email or by phone on 9/23/15 since I will be out of town for a week after that date.

I noticed that the last note stated that you will drive the vehicle to complete the monitors to be able to smog the car. I would like for you to come back and allow us to perform the smog inspection on us. You will only be liable for the state certificate fee of $8.25.

I hope you allow us to learn from our mistakes to help better your and other customers experience in the future. Thank you for your time and I really hope you give us another chance.

smogmart.com
smogmart@gmail.com

KX
Kat X.
Honda Accord
09/10/2015 Category: Service
Kat said she was provided good service during past visits and the employees provided great customer service. She does not suspect the vehicles' brakes were repaired correctly on this visit. She then took it to another facility where they redid it and showed her the differences between the work.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 09/11/2015

Hello Kat, I remember you very well Kat and you are a very dear customer to us. I do remember doing a lot of work on your vehicle especially on the brakes. It seems that you got the issue resolved at another shop. Please call me or respond to let me know what had happened and where we went wrong. I would like to make sure that this does not happen with any other customers and would like to see if there is anything that I can do for you.

NM
Nadia M.
02/08/2020
Had my car smoged
Had my smog done today. I was a walk in and walk ins are welcomed. Was there about an hour or less. Tje customer service was excellent. The place was clean. I am a satisfied customer. I would recommend to get your smog done and other services done that they offer.

EH
Edgar H.
01/30/2020
Never been to this place and it a amazing place to be here when you need the help. Everyone is nice, they want to help you make sure everything is good. It one of the best place I ever been

YN
yuri n.
Pontiac Vibe
03/23/2017
Staff: friendly, knowledgeable, honest.
Highly recommend : staff very friendly, knowledgeable, honest. Excellent service.

Jimena B.
03/17/2017 Category: Service
Jimena said the technicians at this business are good. She appreciates them.

VW
VONYA W.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
03/14/2017
They stand behind their work.
I had my engine replaced. I'm very pleased with the work.