Overall Rating 3.3888889/5Overall Rating 3.3888889/5Overall Rating 3.3888889/5rating 3.3888889rating 3.3888889
Overall Rating 2.2222244/5Overall Rating 2.2222244/5rating 2.2222244rating 2.2222244rating 2.2222244

Katie M.
Rochester, NH
2016 Hyundai Elantra
07/21/2019 Category: Service
I prefer to service my car at the Somersworth Hyundai dealership because they provide great service. They are friendly and easy to work with. They got my car work done in a timely manner and always call with updates.

TA
Thomas A.
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Kind of unorganized
I dropped my car off at 3 they quickly called me back telling me what kind of work my car needed. When they called me back it was like 615 when I got there at 7 the service area was closed and when I went to ask the other people in the show room it was like they didnt know what I was talking about. I waited for the manager that night to help me and he didnt know where my key was or how to get into the computer so I could pay with my card. I just think there should be a little bit more organization when someone is picking there car up after hours.

CF
Cameron F.
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Rude, untimely, overcharged
I lost the key to the lug nuts that lock your tire to the hub. Rather than buy a new set, I elected to just have the locking lugs removed. I called the dealer to make sure they had a master key and was told, yes no problem but I needed to make an appointment. Making an appointment to have 4 lugs taken off seemed a little ridiculous but I understood the techs could be backed up so I made an appointment.

When I showed up, I was told my appointment wasn’t in the books. The service manager (I forget her name, possibly Jessica?) asked me who I spoke to and what I was quoted for a price and I said I don’t remember the name I wasn’t given a quote, I assumed it would be free. She responded curtly with “I bet it was Ian” which I thought was very unprofessional.

She estimated it would cost $50 in labor, depending on how long it took the technician to find the right key and if they were unable to find the master key, it would cost $100+ to break them off. When I questioned the cost to remove 4 Hyundai specific lugs, I was treated very rudely and talked down to. Even the guy sitting at the desk behind her jumped in and hanged up on me saying “well, you shouldn’t have lost the key.” I’m sorry.

At this point I’m thinking “I could probably break them off myself by cutting into it and using the little cuts to get a grip so I can twist them off.” But I was in a rush to go have my car serviced somewhere else (this isn’t the first bad experience I’ve had getting my car serviced at this location) so I elected to just pay for the sake of time.

I went and sat in the lobby which I found dirty and dusty. 3 different times, the service manager walked in. I stood up, assuming she was coming to tell me “done” but 3 times she just walked straight passed me without saying a word or even acknowledging me. I waited over 30 minutes without an update until finally I went back out to the drive thru and asked “could you call the technician or find out how much longer, because I have to get going.” She replied “sure“ which impressed me because previous interactions had me expecting some type of aggression. She walked back there and 10 minutes later drove around with my car. Apparently “they were just finishing it up.” 10 minutes was what I was expecting the entire job to take and I wonder if me asking the question prompted the technician to start the job.

I was only charged $35 for labor which the manager thought was very generous. Regardless of my experience, I thanked her and happily drove away. I would never come back here again to Hyundai Somersworth as they have proven they are unable to perform even the simplest task in a timely manner and even that request was met with the utmost disrespect. I’m not saying I would never buy another Hyundai (I do love my car) but I would go out of my way to buy/service it elsewhere.

I left Hyundai to go get my oil changed and tires rotated at Sullivan tire. They showed me they had a key that fit my lugs and not only that, but if I had asked them to break them off, they would have done it for free.

Scott B.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/15/2019 Category: Service
They want to help.
Excellent and Thank you.

Linda B.
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Convenience
I can make my appointments online and the service department is courteous and professional.

Rochester, NH
2019 Hyundai Veloster N
07/14/2019 Category: Service
Fixed right the first time no hassle

RP
Robert P.
2018 Hyundai Kona
07/12/2019 Category: Service
Clean, friendly, service
They have gotten my business since my first Hyundai back in 2005, who knows Hyundai's better
IAN C C. from Somersworth Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

Robert we appreciate your business!! Thank you for taking time in responding to our survey.

TF
The F.
Brookfield, NH
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/12/2019 Category: Service
Auto services
I can talk with the service people, glad to see Ian back he is an asset to the service department
IAN C C. from Somersworth Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

Thank you for your Service, we are glad that you had a great experience. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey.

Karen B.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Ease of scheduling an appointment
It's always great when you can schedule service at a time that works into your schedule, not the other way around. Staff is always friendly and answers any of my questions.

Richard S.
Hampton, NH
07/05/2019 Category: Service
State inspection, spark plugs etc.
Very competent,courteous and HONEST staff!

PG
Phyllis G.
York, ME
07/04/2019 Category: Service
Phyl
N
IAN C C. from Somersworth Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

We apoligize if our team did not review work performed with you during check out. Reviewing the multi-point inspection and recomendations from our team is part of our process during check out.  We will reach out to Mrs. Giordano and answer any questions she might have with her service.  Thank you for your feedback.

GB
Gail B.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/02/2019 Category: Service
The people are friendly and very helpful.
We really like the product and the service we receive at this dealership. We have been coming here for 8 years now and will soon begetting another Hyundai.

Judith W.
2019 Hyundai Tucson
06/26/2019 Category: Service
Wonderful staff and true care given to the customers
It is a nine and only this rating because I always leave room for improvement. Any manager understands this rating it is mostly for leave each employee room for improvement. Always leave room for improvement.
IAN C C. from Somersworth Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

We appreciate your Honesty, Unfortunitley Hyundai and all manufactures strive for 5 stars.  No one department is perfect, but we as a dealership give it our best shot every day. I would kindly ask if you did not have any concerns with the service that you would mind re-scoring the survey.  unfortunately in Hyundai's  eyes 4 out of 5 stars is not 80% (or B average, like school) it is failing. any score below a 4.5 out of 5 is a failing grade. Manufactures do not score them accordingly.  If you would take the time to re-score i would much appreciate it. Thank you for your input and time.

Ian Cavanaugh
Somersworth Hyundai

Kathie M.
Nottingham, NH
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/26/2019 Category: Service
Always makes it easy to get service.
Buying my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport was easy and getting it serviced just as easy. They are up to date on any recalls and take care of everything right away. Very nice staff. Happy to do business with them!

Robert B.
Kittery, ME
06/25/2019 Category: Service
Good service and friendly people
I've serviced 2 cars here. Hopeful to buy the car I am now leasing next year 2020

Chuck M.
06/25/2019 Category: Service
Happy customer
My daughter had to take the vehicle to get serviced. Your folks were polite and courteous to her and took the time to explain other service recommended. She was not pressured or treated poorly. For that I am pleased. Service performed was excellent as well.

NC
Nancy C.
06/24/2019 Category: Service
What’s this?
I only had an oil change this time but they have always been professional and accommodating.

Jeffery D.
Sanbornville, NH
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/21/2019 Category: Service
questionable service
I brought my 2018 Santa Fe for inspection and a warranty recall, during the visit I was informed that my tires should be rotated because of mileage. I agreed to the up charge and waited for the vehicle. It was clean and looked washed. I was happy with service until I checked my tire pressure monitor and saw that the tire pressures were exactly where they were before the service. The left side tires were at 36 and the rights were at 41 which is where they were before the service so I do not believe the tires were rotated. Other than paying for a service I didn't receive I was satisfied with the service visit.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Santa Fe Service
As always the service was excellent

Strafford, NH
2010 Hyundai Elantra To
06/18/2019 Category: Service
steering sensor failure
follow up to service manager reply: the steering failure error codes were provided to the service department when the vehicle was brought in, we were charged a service fee, and the requested repair quote was not provided. We were instructed to continue driving the vehicle until the steering fails again, despite numerous matching defects reports on the federal NHTSA web site, some reporting vehicle crashes. Earlier models years of the same vehicle did have a recall over this steering failure issue.

06/18/2019 Category: Service
steering sensor failure
Hyundai not addressing steering loss safety issue, subject of recalls on earlier year models
IAN C C. from Somersworth Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

I spoke with the cusotmer.  Mrs. Mellor brought her vehicle in and the steering light was not on and no codes were stored.  The cusotmer had brought the vehicle to another Indepedent garage to have the steering light checked and the Independent garage cleared the codes and reset the light.  I explained the situtation to the Mrs. Mellor and she was understanding.  Hyundai is more the happy to assist the customer, But we as a dealership cannot replace parts without evidence in what is occuring.  Our technician test drove the vehicle, spend quality time in an attempt to diagnose the concern.  I called the customer the following day to also check in, to see if the light had returned and recommended that they return as soon as the light does come back on so we can properly diagnose the vehicle. It has been about 1 month and still no signs of the light concern from the customer.  Mr. Mellor who i reached out with, has not returned my phone call and have not spoken to.