Overall Rating 2.18/5Overall Rating 2.18/5rating 2.18rating 2.18rating 2.18

Pasadena, CA
ACURA TLX
10/20/2015 Category: Sales
Atrocious post-purchase relationship
Salesman does not care about customer as soon as you walk out of the lot with your newly purchased car. No follow-up phone call, no reply to texts. Absolutely unprofessional and unpleasant car purchasing experience. Avoid if possible.

Ralph R.
Newport Beach, CA
ACURA MDX
09/26/2015 Category: Sales
Management and sales unresponsive to the needs of the customer
Promises made during the financing were not kept as initially stated. Traded in a 2013 with low mileage for a 2016. The trade in had equity. was initially informed that we would have a check in four days. Then told that they would have to wait for the title to be released. Then informed that they had to wait for funding. In short, it was almost 2 weeks before we went into the dealership and "everything has been funded" and received the check. Not a very honest management.

FP
Felicia P.
Garden Grove, CA
HONDA ACCORD CPE
09/03/2015 Category: Sales
Stay away from sales and finance! Don't deliver on promises
Finance was very rude because I didn't buy gap. Sales and manager promised to fix issues with the car but later when I was actually in the process of buying the car, Internet sales manager told me that if I wanted the good deal I was asking for that it's in my best interest to find my own mechanic and have the issues fixed. Also sales people and finance didn't listen to me when giving them info which wasted time later on when my bank was asking for things I had told them about, but they "had no idea". Also when I picked up the car the next day the windshield was cracked, yet it wasn't cracked the day before, but again, they gave me a good deal so it was up to me to get that fixed. I wouldn't buy another car here.

RI
Ronald I.
Laguna Hills, CA
ACURA MDX
08/26/2015 Category: Sales
buyer beware
Please see my indepth review on Yelp.
Many other Yelp reviews are also in sharp contrast to the Surecritic reviews, which are obviously filtered. I've also responded objectively to the Acura corporate survey.

WK
Warner K.
Temple City, CA
10/14/2014 Category: Sales
This dealership is a scam
I purchased a 2011 Acura MDX CPO (Certified Pre-Owned vehicle) from South Coast Acura on July 13th 2014, which had multiple issues from day one. Tasha Taylor set me up with an appointment on 7/19 for me to return to receive service for the following issues.
1. Engine had blue smokes coming out after my test drive.*
2. Alignment (vehicle was pulling to the right and must steer to the left to go straight)
3. Driver 2 spare key*
* indicates that the issues were resolved after 1st service visits.

I took the vehicle back after a day of waiting, then I started noticing more issues shown below, so I took the vehicle to a local dealership (Sierra Acura Alhambra) which is near by me for service. They did not want to do anything for me because of the non-factory alarm installation from South Coast Acura which void the warranty. Therefore I had to make another appointment with South Coast Acura for another service visit for the following issues.

1. Alignment still wasn’t resolved from previous visit.
2. Non-working alarm installed by the dealership for the previous lessee was removed because it was causing other issues below.
3. Driver courtesy light doesn’t lit.
4. Cruise control issues – vehicle’s actual speed is faster than the set speed by user.
5. Transmission shifting issues, vehicle doesn’t shift properly from 1st to 2nd gear.
6. I provided Technical Service Bulletins to Jeremy but he had indicated that there were no such thing existed.

The 2nd service visit with South Coast Acura had improved the alignment issue, and resolved driver courtesy light, but did not resolve cruise control and transmission issues.

Issues such as alignment should not happen with a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) at all, gear shifting, cruise control issue, blue smoke coming out of engine room, the fuse box came off which was partially melted with a bad plastic smell when retrieved. The sales Kyle and Tasha emphasized that the vehicle is a CPO that is highly trustable and creditable which indicated to me that it should be problem free, and they assured me that they will take care of these issues for me after my purchase, but they did not. I deeply believe that this dealership is about scamming customer’s hard-earned money. They are only and definitely prompt at responding via email and good at doing it (eg: Nigerian scammers) prior to your purchase, but if it's about "customer service" and "warranty coverage" then they will never respond to you in the hope that the consumer simply "gives up".

I am very frustrated with Acura brand and irritated by the incompetency of the dealership. I felt that I should just sue this dealership for all of the issues, time and financial losses, and emotional stress that I’ve been through caused by this dealership. People are paying money to buy a vehicle to enjoy, but not paying to get pissed off.

Timeline:
07/13 – Vehicle was purchased.
07/19 – 1st service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/09 – 2nd service visit (Sierra Acura, Alhambra), unresolved, paid $130.
08/11 – Informed Jeremy that I am bring back the vehicle for the 3rd service visit.
08/16 – 3rd service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/19 – Tasha Taylor has left South Coast Acura.
08/26 – Informed Jeremy & Kait about issues not fixed, no response.
08/28 – South Coast Acura sent me a check in the amount of $197 for fees refund, which is short of $69. I was charged $220 for Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees, $20 for State Emissions Certification Fee, and $26 for electronic vehicle registration or transfer charge.
10/10 – Took the vehicle to a private mechanic which allowed the vehicle to go straight via compensation since one of the cambers is damaged/bent due to accident from the past. Paid $60.
10/14 – Have not received the CA license plate and registration as of this day.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 10/17/2014

In separate visits at two different dealers, no "blue smoke" was  found nor was an issue duplicated. Alignment was performed before purchase and twice by us after you recieved vehicle at no charge to you. I personally drove the vehicle and found no pulling in either direction. During that test drive I also found no issue with the shifting of the transmission nor any issue with the cruise control operation as there is a slight difference in the digital display and analog display(normal for any product in any line, not just automotive). I apologized to you for the inconviniece of a local dealer not being able to help you out, and removed the aftermarket alarm as well as made repairs to your vehicle all while you drove a brand new loaner vehicle and we adapted your tight schedule. Your registration fees paid to DMV had a balance that was unused for registration. That money has been refunded to you and you have stated that you received the check. To that same address that you received the refund check is the same address your registration has gone to. It may take up to 90 days to receive registration upon purchasing a vehicle. Otherwise your local DMV can assist you in obtaining a replacement registration. As for the license plates, they are behind the paper plates on the front and rear of the vehicle.

Dane B.
Long Beach, CA
BMW 3 SERIES
09/12/2014 Category: Sales
Lies and run arounds.
When i purchased my car it didnt have a radio. I was told a new radio had been ordered and i should bring the car back in two working days to get the new radio installed. After calling for a week and bringing the car in only to be told id have to wait hours just to get my car into the mechanic and booking a 7:30am appointment nearly a week and a half after the purchase of the car i finalyy got a radio put in the car. But it wasnt a new one. It was the old faulty radio that was originally taken out of the car.

EN
Eliz N.
Orange, CA
06/02/2014 Category: Sales
just be careful
Before we bought the MDX Technology 2014 from this dealer, we had been to many dealers and looked at the same car. We know that all the one we looked at came with Michelin tires. We decided to buy the MDX from SouthCoast Acura because the price was reasonable. When we came to purchase the car we checked over everything but we overlooked the tires until the next day. The car that was sold to us came with a set of Continental tires and not Michelin. We mentioned it to the floor sales representative and of course the answer was there is not much he can do. Again, I understand this was our fault for overlooking this but just be careful. They might have advertised that they will beat any other dealers price but at the end they still get your money in a different way.