Latest Review about 1 month ago

Brian B.
11/01/2017
Never go here
Had a repair. Same part broke later and owner wouldn’t do anything to correct situation or even discount repair. I will never take a vehicle there again. Thanks tunex.

RT
Ryan T.
11/01/2016
Bad business decisions
Cameron is no longer there. Biggest business mistake Mike could've made. Lost my business.

David P.
11/29/2015
Try honesty
So called from work in Logan because check engine light came on in my Audi, tested it, came up with a transmission code. Explained that over the phone and the guy said yes we can take care of that, we work on just about everything. Ok made the trip, half hour out of the way, got there and the guy said, oh no we don't work on these,,, hmmm perhaps you should have been honest instead of just trying to get people to come in.. Well my car didn't make it all the way home before the transmission went completely out.. Towed it home, now have to fin an alternative and have it towed, probably cost me a extra grand, so thanks Tunex,, I'll make sure I recommend your non service to everyone..

Claudio M.
09/09/2015
Offers no options/alternatives for their work.
I brought in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma with over 200,000 miles for a emission & safety inspection. Passed emission test but failed safety. They gave me a list of repairs needed to be done. Repaired myself (worked on cars most of my life), took the truck back to re-inspect and the manager did not like my work. I took the truck somewhere else and passed with no problem. It is a fact that a truck/car with over 200K will always have some work needed to be done....if you're looking for making money, never mind your safety concerns. They play the card "your car is not safe" and scare you so that you will fall prey to their demands. I would not bring an older car for inspection to TUNEX in south Ogden unless you're willing to spend more in repair costs than what your car is worth it.

AW
Alex W.
Mazda 6
02/17/2015 Category: Service
Alex said he is very dissatisfied with this business. He spent $2,000 on repairs but the vehicle is stuck in a parking lot and he is not able to move it. This business told him they would look at the vehicle for free but he would have to have the vehicle towed to the business at his expense. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Mike G. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 02/23/2015
Alex we have no problem towing your car to our establishment but just as I talked to you before on the phone if the problem does not have to do with the parts we installed you do need to pay for the tow. Let me know if we can be of any help.

Larry S.
Chevrolet Blazer
01/03/2015 Category: Service
Larry said he went to the business to get the transmission fluid changed and they damaged the solenoid and tried to sell him a new transmission. He went to another facility, where they repaired the damaged solenoid. He went to this business and they reimbursed him for the repair. He would not recommend the business to others for reasons already stated.

KW
Kendra W.
10/08/2012 Category: Service
Kendra said they were terrible and she was very disappointed. She did not elaborate further.

Devin C.
11/12/2014 Category: Service
Devin said this business installed a new clutch in his vehicle. They took an extra day because they installed the wrong part. He did call 2 days before he brought his vehicle in to ensure they had the right parts. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Mike G. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 11/15/2014

I do apologize for the inconvience. On your hyundai there is 2 options and without the car at our location its impossible to determine which clutch you car requires so we went with the most common application which turned out to be incorrect. I would like to have a chance to win your business back if that sounds like something we can do for you give me a call and let me know.

Thanks, Cameron
Store Manager

ZW
Zeb W.
07/19/2014
Missed deadlines, ignorant and arrogant about the vehicle.
Today I am pretty disappointed. I took my 1991 Saab 900 Convertible to Tunex to have the charging system troubleshot and the alternator replaced. Cameron gave me a fair bid and said he could have the car totally repaired today. (I absolutely need a car for work Monday morning, my usual mechanic isn't open on weekends) I realize my car is rare and quirky, so before I left it, I offered some detailed instructions and resources from the countries leading Saab mechanic. Cameron said he had no use for them and that his guys knew how to do the job right. About 45 minutes before closing time I got a call saying that my repair would be complete if I authorized Tunex to manufacture a custom gasket for $30. I said "great, no problem!" I was told "great, we've got it almost done, plan on picking it up at four."

I got a ride from a friend (for the second time) in hopes of picking up my car. We arrived at 4:00pm and the vehicle was still in the shop with the hood open and several men standing around it with various cables and wires. Cameron told me that he had installed a new alternator and my brand new battery still wasn't taking a charge. He indicated that I "must have big problems elsewhere". He also UNtactfully added "These were horrible cars, that's why the company went out of business."
At that point, one of the mechanics came in and asked Cameron for a "wiring diagram" for the car. They hadn't and couldn't find one in time to fix my car before closing time. I offered to email a copy of all the wiring diagrams for this particular car from my personal Bentley Service Manual. Cameron scribbled an email address down and I have been sending PDF's for the last hour.

In summary, this is a different car than you're use to seeing. I get it. You guys are smarter than me for sure and I respect you for being about to do the work on it that I can't. Perhaps, next time you could respect me, your customer, enough to listen and accept any information that might make things go more smoothly. That way, you don't have to promise me a working car by Saturday afternoon and then leave me hanging until Monday.

In spite of all this, I still trust you guys to make it right. Mistakes do happen, and Saabs are definitely unique (I've had 7 in my short lifetime) But don't add insult to injury by insulting me and my car as I've just scraped up enough money to have the old girl fixed to get me to work on Monday.

This is probably one of the more pithy comments, but like I said, I understand mistakes happening. My car is sitting at Tunex the rest of the weekend waiting for you awesome guys to show her some Swedish love. Please make it happen for me and I will be your biggest advocates ever.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 07/22/2014

Please re score

TW
Tabor W.
Acura TL
01/25/2014 Category: Service
Tabor said the service this business provides is good but he asked them to check on a part and they never got back to him about it.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 01/29/2014

I do apologize and I would like to resolve this issue if you are willing to let us handle it I will do what I can to make sure you are a satisfied customer. Contact us if you would like us to resolve this matter. 801-479-5367

NT
Nick T.
12/12/2012 Category: Service
Nick said they forgot to rotate his tires. They were friendly. It's just that he doesn't get much time to take care of things like that, and he had to go back for it.

KJ
Kelsey J.
Bountiful, UT
03/10/2015 Category: Service
Kelsey said she came in for an oil change and everything was good.

DT
David T.
South Weber, UT
Chevrolet Cobalt
07/15/2014 Category: Service
David said the service was average.

RV
Reed V.
Volkswagen Golf III
05/14/2014 Category: Service
Reed said it took a long time for someone to greet him when he entered the business, so he was waiting around for a long time before being helped. The mechanics are nice and the work done on his vehicle was good.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 05/20/2014

I do apologize for the inconvience, but when it comes to inspections our hands our tied and I do apologize for the long wait time but we are on a guideline by the state and we did the best we could to accomidate the amount of traffic we had at that time.

Jake S.
02/05/2014 Category: Service
Jake said he took the vehicle to the business for an oil change and told them he was on a schedule. They took more time to complete the oil change because they assumed his vehicle was a different model and did not have the correct oil filter available. He may try them again, but he will not recommend them at this time due to this experience.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 02/10/2014

I do apologize for this experience and we are working to get more oil filter on hand. We are a repair facility and oil changes are not our main focus but we are continuing to grow and we are looking at all options to carry more filters for more cars.

Jordan C.
Nissan Titan
09/10/2013 Category: Service
Jordan said he is happy with the service and speed from this business. He said he felt the price was too much and it was the most he had ever paid for an oil change.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 09/14/2013

Jordan I do apologize for the price of the oil change with us being a repair shop and not a lube shop our cost for oil is higher due to the fact we do not purchase a mass quantity of oil so yes the price increase is passed on to the customer but we do have coupons we send in the mail and on wedensdays we do a oil change special for $29.95 I hope that these options will help you in your next visit to our location.

Jason C.
02/15/2013 Category: Service
Jason said he will not recommend this business because of the following. He stated he went to this busness to have them do an emissions and safety test in order for him to get his registration. When the tests were completed he paid them. Jason pointed out when he got home he looked at his invoice, and returned to this business because they had charged him for an emissions test. He explained he's from a different County, and that County doesn't charge for emissions tests, which this business should have known. When Jason asked for his money back for the emissions test he was charged for, this business told him there was nothing they could do about that, and didn't return the money to him.

KP
Kris P.
01/15/2013 Category: Service
Kris said the first time he brought his vehicle to this business it was not completely fixed and overall he was not impressed by his first experience at this business. Kris said he also felt the diagnostic pricing was a little high. It is for the above mentioned reasons that he would not recommend this business to others.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 01/17/2013
With this vehicle we did not do any repairs. The customer came in for a electrical diagnostic and only wanted to pay for one hour and did not want to continue any further. We needed more diagnostic time on this car and customer declined.

Brandt S.
Morgan, UT
05/26/2015 Category: Service
Brandt said the business did a good job. They got him in and out in a timely manner.

Joanna C.
Nissan Xterra
04/09/2015 Category: Service
Joanna said they are good.