Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5rating 4.08

1963 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5rating 4.1562528
Overall Rating 2.15625/5Overall Rating 2.15625/5rating 2.15625rating 2.15625rating 2.15625

PA
Philip A.
Issue Resovled
After an oversight I received a call from Chris and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. Staff is very friendly and courteous.

Service Department is questionable
I took my vehicle in to get a recall cleared and also needed a rattling sound in my engine checked out. Getting the recall cleared was no an issue. As for the rattling sound in my engine, your mechanics performed a visual inspection and determined that the drive belt tensioner and bracket assembly needed to be replaced. When I was quoted a figure of $800 to have this fixed I decided it would be best to get a second opinion. I picked up my vehicle and paid the $125 diagnostic fee.

I then took my vehicle to a local mechanic to see if he could fix the problem at a reasonable price. After his inspection of the vehicle he was convinced the issue was the alternator and not the drive belt tensioner. He also called a local Hyundai dealer and was able to determine that tensioner issues on my vehicle were not very common. However, giving your mechanics benefit of the doubt he agreed to replace the tensioner first to see if that solved the problem; it did not. He was gracious enough to not charge me for that part and only charge me one hour of labor. He then replaced the alternator and it turns out that was the issue all along. Your mechanics did not even mention this in their write up.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/17/2018

I would love to speak with you regarding your most recent service visit and have left a message for you. We always make every effort to thoroughly diagnose every vehicle. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

Robbye B.
Cary, NC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Service and response timeliness
Appreciated Chris calling me today regarding my recent visit. I believe an honest mistake was made and Chris and his team have a plan to rectify the problem.
Again, the actual service provided for my vehicle and to myself were top notch. They just happen not to re-check the drop box the day I came for service.
Thanks.

check the drop box
see above
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next service appointment.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

MA
Michael A.
Clayton, NC
04/19/2018 Category: Service
they were very helpful in working with me to resolce the issue
I Spoke with Jamie and he was in every way how manager should be . He was very professional in his approach of the situation.

04/19/2018 Category: Service
damaged vehicle lying about it paying for service that wasn't done
No not until they at least fire the service manager as he treats customer's like trash.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

Our GM has responded to your complaint.

--Jamie Holcomb

LG
Lora G.
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Good Will prevailed
Thank you for responding to my feelings about our last service at Southern States.
You have made things right for us. I appreciate your efforts and the good will toward your customers. Thank you.

11/15/2017 Category: Service
When is work warranty work or paid by customer
My break lights were out on my 2012 Sonata. When repaired he said one bulb was laying loose and the other one was installed wrong. I paid 30.00 plus for repair and ask about if warranty covered it. He said anything to do with bulbs was not. Only thing, my problem was not fault of bulbs but when car was manufactured
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/16/2017

Lora,

Bulbs are normally not covered at your mileage. Next time you are in I will favor you on a service. I will at least credit your 30$ back. Just come introduce yourself and I will make it right.

---Jamie

LE
Lori E.
Wendell, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/06/2016 Category: Service

07/06/2016 Category: Service
Change this review to 5 stars!!!
I want to give Southern States Hyundai 5 stars!!! They have been great from the beginning. They have worked diligently with me, treated me with kindness and have communicated throughout the process. I will totally continue to use the service department and purchase another car from them in the future. A
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/07/2016

We are still attempting to resolve the issue and will work diligently to try to ease your concerns about the car. Please note that the survey reflects on us not Hyundai.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Response to complaint
Thank you for your concern regarding this matter

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Seemed very disorganized.
Said there was a mix up in paper work, how do you do that with simple oil change??
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/24/2016

We apologize for the extend wait at our facility. Please allow us to perform your next oil and filter service at no charge to you for your inconvenience.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

FW
Frances W.
Fuquay Varina, NC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/18/2019 Category: Service
Service Visit
3 hazard lights were lit on my dash - never a good sign. Took car into dealer and was fixed in about an hour and half (there were several cars ahead of me). Best news of all - it was a sensor and covered under power train warranty. Very professional staff and although a wait - plenty of water, WiFi and TV.

Thank YOU!!!

07/18/2019 Category: Service
Representative was very friendly and courteous
Rep Ryan Was friendly, courteous, really attempting to please.

Thank YOU!!!!!

LC
Lori C.
Garner, NC
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Quick turn around time.
Had a small issue when trying to use my Southern States coupons, but once that was cleared up, the service was excellent.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

Thank you for your business and the review!

Annie B.
Kittrell, NC
07/17/2019 Category: Service
The facilities are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and comfortable, but the prices are too high. I didn't expect a 2.5 hour wait time with an appointment.
Overall 3.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

One of our staff will be reaching out shortly.

Charles S.
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Very good service-thanks!
Diagnosed and successfully repaired failed wheel bearing quickly..vehicle rides much better now, thanks.
DECODA K P. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you on the next visit.

07/16/2019 Category: Service
Et staff and servicexcellan
Facility is clean and has a comfortable waiting room while service is done. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fast efficient service.
DECODA K P. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Joyce M.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Service review
This was a recall service visit.....got in before my appointment time and out within the hour. Great customer service.

David H.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Southern States Hyundai did a great job servicing my car.

07/10/2019 Category: Service
water, please
It wouldn't hurt to throw some water on the car before you hand the keys back to the customer. It's a nice touch. I was a bit disappointed. You could have given the car a two-minute hose down. Acura dealerships do it all the time. I'm just sayin'...
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/11/2019

Wake Forest, NC
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Four stars
Decoda was awesome to work with!
DECODA K P. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/09/2019

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We will continue to strive for 5!

Efland, NC
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
07/08/2019 Category: Service
reliable service department
Overall the service was good in all aspects. The only downside is that for a recall visit I had to return another day after they ordered a part for that recall. They should have recall parts available for the first visit instead of inconveniencing me in time and distance to come back. (I come to this dealer because I like and trust them but I have three others closer to my house.) The service counter folks and the technicians otherwise do a fine job.
DECODA K P. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

QR
Quince R.
07/07/2019 Category: Service
Starter issues
Just needed to replace OEM battery with a Hyundai battery to solve problem. Technician explained the issue and resolution.
DECODA K P. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019