Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5
4.1

NS
Nicholas S.
Youngsville, NC
2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
04/07/2020 Category: Service
Resolved my issue
They contacted me and made up for what had happened on my last service.

04/07/2020 Category: Service
Not recommended
Not quick , don't care about your time
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/07/2020

We will reach out today.

-Jamie Holcomb
919-839-7372

Wilson, NC
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Rescore
Hyundai solved my car issues immediately. With excellent customer service and performance.

02/18/2020 Category: Service
Repairs needed
Please have someone contact me immediately.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/19/2020

I will reach out today.

-Jamie Holcomb
919-839-7372

JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/22/2020

Thanks! Hope to see you soon!!

WP
Wayne P.
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Sorry sonata
Service manger is always doing his best, trying to stay within Hyundai s process

09/20/2019 Category: Service
The car support sucks, the dealership was fine.the service manager is helpful, and did his best. Hyundai warranty is disturbing.
2017 sonata 27000 miles , smell of burnt oil, smell of burnt antifreeze, oil light comes on, all aspects of a blown motor and I got to wait a 1000 miles until someone looks at t again unless of course the motor stops. Can’t take on long trips , can’t check the oil, consumptions test, they call it . What a load of crap, good thing I bought the exstended warranty, did nothing another waste of money.no oil touched the dip stick when I checked it .Steam coming off the motor after I drove it to 20 miles. Wonderful!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/21/2019

Good morning,

I left a message, Ill try calling you again today.

JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/21/2019

Thank YOU!!

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Great response
Jamie was very proactive with fielding and correcting the problem I was experiencing

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Shop does not answer or return calls
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

We will reach out today.

PA
Philip A.
Issue Resovled
After an oversight I received a call from Chris and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. Staff is very friendly and courteous.

Service Department is questionable
I took my vehicle in to get a recall cleared and also needed a rattling sound in my engine checked out. Getting the recall cleared was no an issue. As for the rattling sound in my engine, your mechanics performed a visual inspection and determined that the drive belt tensioner and bracket assembly needed to be replaced. When I was quoted a figure of $800 to have this fixed I decided it would be best to get a second opinion. I picked up my vehicle and paid the $125 diagnostic fee.

I then took my vehicle to a local mechanic to see if he could fix the problem at a reasonable price. After his inspection of the vehicle he was convinced the issue was the alternator and not the drive belt tensioner. He also called a local Hyundai dealer and was able to determine that tensioner issues on my vehicle were not very common. However, giving your mechanics benefit of the doubt he agreed to replace the tensioner first to see if that solved the problem; it did not. He was gracious enough to not charge me for that part and only charge me one hour of labor. He then replaced the alternator and it turns out that was the issue all along. Your mechanics did not even mention this in their write up.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/17/2018

I would love to speak with you regarding your most recent service visit and have left a message for you. We always make every effort to thoroughly diagnose every vehicle. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

Robbye B.
Cary, NC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Service and response timeliness
Appreciated Chris calling me today regarding my recent visit. I believe an honest mistake was made and Chris and his team have a plan to rectify the problem.
Again, the actual service provided for my vehicle and to myself were top notch. They just happen not to re-check the drop box the day I came for service.
Thanks.

check the drop box
see above
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next service appointment.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

MA
Michael A.
Clayton, NC
04/19/2018 Category: Service
they were very helpful in working with me to resolce the issue
I Spoke with Jamie and he was in every way how manager should be . He was very professional in his approach of the situation.

04/19/2018 Category: Service
damaged vehicle lying about it paying for service that wasn't done
No not until they at least fire the service manager as he treats customer's like trash.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

Our GM has responded to your complaint.

--Jamie Holcomb

LG
Lora G.
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Good Will prevailed
Thank you for responding to my feelings about our last service at Southern States.
You have made things right for us. I appreciate your efforts and the good will toward your customers. Thank you.

11/15/2017 Category: Service
When is work warranty work or paid by customer
My break lights were out on my 2012 Sonata. When repaired he said one bulb was laying loose and the other one was installed wrong. I paid 30.00 plus for repair and ask about if warranty covered it. He said anything to do with bulbs was not. Only thing, my problem was not fault of bulbs but when car was manufactured
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/16/2017

Lora,

Bulbs are normally not covered at your mileage. Next time you are in I will favor you on a service. I will at least credit your 30$ back. Just come introduce yourself and I will make it right.

---Jamie

LE
Lori E.
Wendell, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/06/2016 Category: Service

07/06/2016 Category: Service
Change this review to 5 stars!!!
I want to give Southern States Hyundai 5 stars!!! They have been great from the beginning. They have worked diligently with me, treated me with kindness and have communicated throughout the process. I will totally continue to use the service department and purchase another car from them in the future. A
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/07/2016

We are still attempting to resolve the issue and will work diligently to try to ease your concerns about the car. Please note that the survey reflects on us not Hyundai.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Response to complaint
Thank you for your concern regarding this matter

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Seemed very disorganized.
Said there was a mix up in paper work, how do you do that with simple oil change??
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/24/2016

We apologize for the extend wait at our facility. Please allow us to perform your next oil and filter service at no charge to you for your inconvenience.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

Jane T.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
08/03/2020 Category: Service
Interior problem
The professional service that is always provided.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/07/2020

Thank YOU for being our customer.

2014 Hyundai Tucson
08/01/2020 Category: Service
Service Plus
Great Service! Tiffney was was wonderful! Service was completed as promised. Very professional! We are very pleased with our service experience!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/01/2020

Willow Spring, NC
2018 Hyundai Kona
07/27/2020 Category: Service
Waiting for parts
Oil change and tire rotation great but other needed repairs require a second visit for parts
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/28/2020

Thank you for the feedback.

Janice H.
2009 Hyundai Genesis
07/24/2020 Category: Service
Always A-1 Service
Ray always provide A-1 Service. Casanova has become my new front guy and is doing a good job.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/25/2020

Thank YOU!!

-Jamie, Ray, and Cas

2012 Hyundai Tucson
07/24/2020 Category: Service
Always a great experience. Staff are always friendly. Nice waiting area. Someone always come through to clean up. Staff wear masks. All customers were wearing masks also.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/25/2020

Thank YOU for your business and the review!