Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5
4.1

GH
Greg H.
07/10/2020
Had my car for almost three weeks and no repair
On June 27th, my Sonata hybrid flashed a warning “Hybrid System fault. Pull over and stop driving.” I had the car towed to Southern States Hyundai as it is still under the power train warranty. Monday evening, the 29th, Paul called and told me it was ready, but called back a few minutes later to say that the error had returned.

I heard nothing from him until I stopped into the dealership on Thursday, July 2nd, when he said that the technician was out due to a family emergency, but he would find out the status and call me. He didn’t.

It is now Friday, the 10th, and you’ve had my car almost three weeks and I haven’t heard a word from you - I leave voicemails and hear nothing.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/11/2020

HMA is working on a solution.

Durham, NC
2019 Hyundai Tucson
06/19/2020 Category: Service
Employees not wearing masks
I just want to make a comment on the fact that most employees I saw at the dealership were not wearing masks or gloves. The person getting the cars prepped was not wearing a mask, and multiple employees kept walking through the dealership and service area not wearing masks. It made me very uncomfortable the entire time. It also took over 2 hours for just an oil change and a tire rotation when I had an appointment. I only went to that dealership due to coupons they had online so I did appreciate them honoring the coupons.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/19/2020

We have three cleaning crews working well into the night to ensure our customers saftey. We have installed extra hand sanitizer and wipe stations also. All personell have masks as well.

NS
Nicholas S.
Youngsville, NC
2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
04/07/2020 Category: Service
Resolved my issue
They contacted me and made up for what had happened on my last service.

04/07/2020 Category: Service
Not recommended
Not quick , don't care about your time
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/07/2020

We will reach out today.

Wilson, NC
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Rescore
Hyundai solved my car issues immediately. With excellent customer service and performance.

02/18/2020 Category: Service
Repairs needed
Please have someone contact me immediately.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/19/2020

JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/22/2020

Thanks! Hope to see you soon!!

Wake Forest, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Terrible Service work completed
Over a two month time frame my car has been back to the dealership three times for repairs that still are not fixed. They fixed the fuel pump taking 9 days to do this, I pick up the car and then the check engine light comes on. I take it back and they tell me the person who did the fuel pump didn't do it correctly. I take it back again because the light comes back on and they said they fixed it and charged me out of pocket expenses and four days later the check engine light comes on AGAIN. I would have to say they have service people who obviously do not know how to do their jobs because now it has to go back a 4th time for the same issue. I just want them to fix the issue correctly so I can get in my car and not have to worry about looking at the dashboard to see if the "check engine light is coming on AGAIN"
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 01/15/2020

Janice H.
2009 Hyundai Genesis
12/13/2019 Category: Service
Good Service
Ray and the good folks at Southern States treat you like family.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/13/2019

Thank YOU!!

Robert G.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Ready on Time
They have your car repair ready when they say they will have it ready!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/16/2019

Thank you for the feedback.

Julie D.
11/13/2019 Category: Service
Good service until they wouldn't reimburse rental as promised
Everyone initially was pleasant and helpful, but the service worker had no loaner cars available, and he told me Hyundai would fully reimburse me for a rental car so I could get to work. After going through the process of submitting my request for reimbursement, I was offered a measly $20, not the $175 I had to spend on the rental. I had chosen the smallest, cheapest rental and returned it as soon as possible once they informed me my car was fixed. This was a warranty issue that I had previously had "fixed" by another Hyundai dealer. I believed the worker when he promised me full reimbursement of the rental. After speaking to 3 "customer care" reps, I got nowhere, only fake empathy and no explanation why what I was promised wasn't followed through on. After that, I left 2 voicemails for the service worker to request further help, neither of which were responded to.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/14/2019

-Jamie Holcomb 919-839-7372

Shay B.
10/28/2019
Disappointing
Two stars because the sales team were very nice and greeted me with big smiles! However, I wasted two and half hours for nothing at all!! I came in today: 10/28/2019 @ around 9:45 AM and I needed them to look at my driver side window on my 2012 Hyundai Genesis because the window fell into the door frame as I tried to roll it down. As I was giving my info to Javon (who by the way was really nice), he asked me if I had any other problems with the car. I informed him that when I drive it sometime the car shuts off on me. He informed me that they would diagnosis the car. As we were finishing up with getting all of my information, I asked him if they could not fix the window, can they put the window up and I wouldn't mess with it that way my car is still secured. He informed me that he would let the mechanics know.

After waiting for a hour and a half I went to go get some food down the street and then Javon called me around 11: 30 AM and told me that my car is ready and that they could not figure out what was wrong with my car and that they would have to order the part for the window. So I waited for an hour and a half for them to tell me that they can't fix my window because they needed to order the part and they don't know what is wrong with my car. Still they wanted to charge me $139 for what? I am not sure because nothing got diagnosed and the window did not get fixed!!!!

I go out to my car and I see that the window is still down!!! I turn around and go back to Javon and asked him why they were not able to put the window up. Javon goes to speak to the mechanic and comes back to tell me that they would have to charge me extra just to put the window up!! WHATTT? I just paid $139 for nothing to be fixed or diagnosed on my car, and ya'll can't even give me the courtesy to put my window up. I am sure that you had to take the door panel off to see which part was needing to be replaced and you couldn't move the window up!! I am $139 down and my car is in the same condition before I brought it here. It really shows what this company is about!! MONEY!!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

10/28/2019 Category: Service
Not so great to me!
I hated what was done to my car soon as I left my whole car died and hasn't turned over since!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

We will figure out whats going on when it gets here.

Jerry B.

WP
Wayne P.
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Sorry sonata
Service manger is always doing his best, trying to stay within Hyundai s process

09/20/2019 Category: Service
The car support sucks, the dealership was fine.the service manager is helpful, and did his best. Hyundai warranty is disturbing.
2017 sonata 27000 miles , smell of burnt oil, smell of burnt antifreeze, oil light comes on, all aspects of a blown motor and I got to wait a 1000 miles until someone looks at t again unless of course the motor stops. Can’t take on long trips , can’t check the oil, consumptions test, they call it . What a load of crap, good thing I bought the exstended warranty, did nothing another waste of money.no oil touched the dip stick when I checked it .Steam coming off the motor after I drove it to 20 miles. Wonderful!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/21/2019

Good morning,

I left a message, Ill try calling you again today.

JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/21/2019

Thank YOU!!

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Great response
Jamie was very proactive with fielding and correcting the problem I was experiencing

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Shop does not answer or return calls
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

We will reach out today.

Margaret H.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/01/2019 Category: Service
Service is very expensive and sloppy work.
Had oil changed with no tire rotation and the total cost was close to $60. The next two days old oil dripped on garage floor as technician did not clean away old oil doing this service. Car has 18,000 miles and tried to sell cabin air filter. I asked to see current filter and they said this recommendation was based on time and not inspection of current filter. I obviously did not need new filter on car with only 18,000 miles.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Annie B.
Kittrell, NC
07/17/2019 Category: Service
The facilities are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and comfortable, but the prices are too high. I didn't expect a 2.5 hour wait time with an appointment.
Overall 3.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

One of our staff will be reaching out shortly.

--Jamie