Overall Rating 4.5393287/5Overall Rating 4.5393287/5Overall Rating 4.5393287/5Overall Rating 4.5393287/5rating 4.5393287
Overall Rating 2.1235919/5Overall Rating 2.1235919/5rating 2.1235919rating 2.1235919rating 2.1235919

Joe P.

Sue R.
2013 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
05/14/2015 Category: Service
Recall maintenance
We called for an appointment and were told it was not necessary and would only take about an hour. After 5 hours of not receiving a call we called to see if it was ready and were told they were just starting the work. The service person was very nice and apologetic but it would be nice to be able to make an appointment or be informed that the amount of time has changed
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/15/2015

Thank-you very much for your business. I apologize for the delay.

JEFFERY L.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
05/13/2015 Category: Service
The people the service and understanding.
I have bought 3 Hyundai cars from this dealership and have been well taken care of from my salesman the finance department to the service department. We love our Hyundai cars.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/15/2015

Thank-you for your loyalty to Hyundai. We are here for you. Have a great day.

JAMES W.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/07/2015 Category: Service
Always honest with me!!
Southtowne has been a FABULOUS dealership!! I love my Hundai Sante Fe and I appreciate them taking care of me!!
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/07/2015

Thank-you for taking a moment to respond to our survey request. The 2012 Santa Fe is loved and admired by it's owners around the country. We appreciate and enjoy taking care of you and your car. Thanks for choosing Southtowne as your servicing dealer.
Carman Krauth

2014 Hyundai Elantra
05/06/2015 Category: Service
The service manager looked through my file and discovered discrepancies so he made them right. I am very pleased with his due diligence.

05/06/2015 Category: Service
to expensive
I only go there because they're supposed to be experts when it come to Hyundai's but next time I'm going to someplace cheaper. Because I feel they didn't do anything differently
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/12/2015

I do apologize for the issues we had. I hope our e-mails have provided some assurance that Southtowne wants to do the right thing.
Sincerly,
 Forrest Smith

CHESTER S.
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
05/05/2015 Category: Service
"Good Neighbor" Feeling
Have found everyone in the auto maintenance shop a pleasure to work with!
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 05/06/2015

We thank-you for responding to our survey request. Whether you are just dropping by to ask a question or coming in for service or repair, we are are glad you are here. We enjoy helping you with your vehicle needs.

ED
ELOUISE D.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
04/23/2015 Category: Service
everyone is very courteous
as usual, from the time I call to make appt. & carry my car, everyone is as nice as can be.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/29/2015

Thank-you for taking the time to answer our survey request. We have tried to make our appointment scheduling and service as quick and easy as possible. It helps keep our customers happy and our shop run smooth. Thanks again for choosing Southtowne to maintain your vehicle.

HM
HARVEY M.
Atlanta, GA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
04/23/2015 Category: Service
Best dealer service possible
Quickly diagnosed the problem. If the part had been available locally, it would have been a one day repair. Stayed in toch throughout. All personnel were friendly and helpful. A real pleasure.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/24/2015

It's a great pleasure to serve you. Enjoy the Genesis. Call if you need us, we are here for you.

AR
ARTHUR R.
04/21/2015 Category: Service
These folks are amazing
Everytime I take my car in for service, the entire staff treats me like I am truly a valuable customer. The work is done right and when promised.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/24/2015

Thank-you for responding to our survey request. We value you as a customer and know your time is important. From our entire staff at Southtowne Hyundai thank-you for allowing us to help you keep your vehicle maintained.

LK

DEAN E.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/19/2015 Category: Service
Outstanding staff
Southtowne has my business as long as I live in Georgia.

PB
PHYLLIS B.
Palmetto, GA
04/17/2015 Category: Service
Excellent service, friendly people.
I always have my cars serviced here and have not been disappointed.

Kathleen M.
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
04/17/2015 Category: Service
friendly and competent service
would recommend Southtowne to friends
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/17/2015

Thank-you for responding to our survey request. With years of experience from our shop technicians and 40 plus years from our service manager we have got you covered. The best advertizement is word of mouth. Thank-you for sharing your experience with your friends.

WF
Wanda F.
2011 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
04/16/2015 Category: Service
The care that they give you and the car.
Very good service they give to my car and they take time to talk with you and explain what is needed.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/17/2015

Thank-you for your business and trust with Southtowne.

DENA R.
2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring
04/14/2015 Category: Service
Not a Happy Customer...
Early on Friday, April 3, 2015, I made an appointment for the last of two (2) FREE oil changes* on my 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring at Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan. (See explanation at the bottom of the page why the two [2] oil changes were FREE.)

I arrived on time for my appointment to find two (2) individuals from the Service Department having an easily overheard discussion with a rather upset female customer. It seems that her concern was over the amount of her bill. She repeatedly insisted that the amount of the final bill she had been presented with was not the amount that had been discussed with her prior to approving the performance of the work – that the amount of her bill had escalated significantly, and she did not understand why. It was clear that the explanation she was receiving was not satisfactory nor to her liking.

Trying very hard to look disinterested, I patiently waited while the discussion with the upset customer continued until it was eventually decided by one of the Southtowne Hyundai Service Associates that her bill would be reduced by a certain amount (less than $18.00) - not to the amount the customer was insisting upon, but by an amount that the senior Associate felt was “fair” for all concerned. It was very apparent that the female customer was not totally satisfied with the compromise, but she seemed to be placated enough to agree to the solution, and was escorted by one of the gentlemen to the Payment Office. The other gentlemen turned to me and asked if I had been helped. I told him I had a 3:00 o’clock appointment for an oil change.

The Associate’s attention turned to me. He explained that a couple of recalls had been issued on my vehicle and he needed to check to see if my vehicle qualified for replacement parts. He explained that the chrome coating on the plastic interior door handles had been reported as peeling, and if the coating was peeling on my handles, then Hyundai would provide replacement parts at no cost to me. I explained that I was not aware of the chrome plating peeling on my door handles as I HAD NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE HANDLES and had not felt any raised areas or sharp edges, but was very much aware that the chrome plating was in the very early stage of peeling on my gear shift knob because I had cut my finger on it. I told him that when it happened I was quite surprised to learn upon inspecting the gear shift knob that the lower edge of the chrome was sharp because I had not remembered it ever being sharp before that moment. He climbed into my vehicle and taking his thumb nail, proceeded to pry up some of the chrome plating on the driver’s door handle. He went around to the other side of the car and did the same on to the passenger’s side door handle. When I saw the damage that he was causing to the door handles by prying up the chrome plating with his thumb nail, I expressed my concern regarding the damage and was quickly told, “Oh, don’t worry; both handles are covered by the recall and you will be receiving new door handles, so there is no harm done.” I asked him if the gear shift knob was included in the recall, and he stated that he would check, but did not think that it was. He looked at the knob and asked me where it was peeling. I told him YOU CANNOT SEE IT, BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT and instructed him to gentle run his finger across the right lower edge of the knob. He did so, and told me he could feel where the plating was beginning to separate. After the examination of my car by the Associate, I was checked in, my car was driven off to the service area, and I went to the waiting room located off of the Service Center to wait the completed oil change.

After some time, the same Service Associate appeared in the waiting room – which by this time was full of customers. He was waving a piece of paper which he wanted to discuss with me. He pointed to a line of figures down the right hand side of the page and told me that two (2) of my vehicle’s lights were out: a fog lamp in the front and the tag light in the rear. In addition, he explained, my rear wiper blade was worn and needed replacing. He also stated that he had checked to see if the gear shift knob was included in the peeling chrome recall and it was not, so I might want to go ahead and get a new gear shift knob for my car as well. AT NO POINT IN TIME, DID THE ASSOCIATE ASK ME TO STEP OUTSIDE, AWAY FROM THE OTHER CUSTOMERS, WHERE THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PRIVACY TO DISCUSS THE PROPOSED WORK AND THE ANTICIPATED COST. AT NO POINT IN TIME, DID THE ASSOCIATE HAND THE PIECE OF PAPER TO ME TO PERSONALLY READ, NOR DID HE ALLOW ME TO EXAMINE THE CHARGES BEYOND THE ONE (1) NUMBER HE WAS POINTING TO ON THE PAGE.

Alarmed by the pricing I did see (well over $100) and intimidated by being asked to discuss the pricing for the care and repair of my vehicle in a very public arena, I told the man that the replacement of the rear wiper blade and the gear shift knob could wait until another time as both were not that bad, and I could “live with them”. I told him to go ahead and replace the two (2) burned out lights. He then explained to me that the wiper blade was really worse than I might be aware of, and he felt like changing it was a safety issue and something I needed to take care of right away; that it should not wait. I told him that when I used the rear wiper, which was not very often, it worked quite well and I would plan on replacing it myself sometime in the very near future. There is no doubt that I felt I was being pressured into making decisions regarding the care and repair of my vehicle that should have been discussed in a much more private setting and under more personal circumstances, and that the lack of privacy had been a very deliberate decision on the part of the Service Associate in order to place me in an uncomfortable circumstance where I might be more willing to agree to the anticipated charges.

After a wait, the Service Associate reappeared, told me my car was finished, and while he escorted me to the Payment Office we talked. He explained that the door handles were not available for replacement at that time, but that he had placed them on order, and would telephone me when they came in. When we entered the Payment Office, he handed the invoice for my FREE oil change and the replacement of two (2) light bulbs to the woman behind the counter. As I pulled out my debit card, she told me the amount owed would be $77.69. I was shocked to learn that the price for the replacement of the bulbs had risen so substantially from the price that I had been shown in the Waiting Room - $6.00 for one bulb and $19.93 for the other! I immediately exclaimed my disbelief. The Service Associate explained that the difference in price was due to the inclusion of the Labor Charge ($26.13). I protested and told him that there is no way on Earth that the replacement of two (2) light bulbs should cost me almost over $70.00. The Associate was clearly disturbed by the fact that I was protesting the cost of the parts and service. His attitude immediately changed and he became very sarcastic. He explained that he had to pay his service team to do the work; that they did not work for free. I told him I knew that but felt none the less that the labor charges were excessive for the simple replacement of two (2) light bulbs.

In fact the invoice clearly states: "Replace up to 5 factory replacement bulbs. These may range from tag light to high mount stop light to headlight to map light. $14.95 + price of bulbs. How the Labor Charge figure of $26.13 was derived is still a mystery to me. And then there is the matter of the cost for parts. The price of one bulb is listed as $6.00 and the price of the other bulb is listed as $19.93, so how does this add up to $47.21 which is the price I was charged for parts. Remember, my oil change was supposed to be free, but I ended up with a bill for changing two (2) light bulbs that was $77.69!! The math does NOT add up!!

It was at this point that the Service Associate made the determination to deliberately lie to me by stating that changing the light bulbs required a lot of work BECAUSE THE SERVICE TEAM HAD TO REMOVE THE BUMPER FROM THE CAR TO GET TO ONE OF THE BULBS TO CHANGE IT, AND THEN HAD TO REPLACE THE BUMPER ON THE CAR. I do not know why the Service Associate made the determination to deliberately lie to me – whether it was based upon my female gender or the fact that he hoped I lacked any mechanical knowledge, or basic intelligence for that matter – but, the truth is that I have replace not only a fog lamp on my vehicle, but a headlight and several tail lights as well and I HAVE NEVER HAD TO REMOVE ANY OF THE BUMPERS TO GET TO ANY OF THE LIGHTS TO CHANGE THEM.

Not only am I appalled and disgusted at the misogynistic and sexist manner in which I was treated by your Service Associate, but I am also most dismayed at the damage that was done to my vehicle by the same Associate. I will forward photos to you in a separate email that will illustrate this damage quite adequately. The chrome on the handles and the gear shift knob was not uplifted when I arrived with my car for service on that Saturday morning, but were in the condition in the photos when my car was returned to me after servicing. The current condition of the chrome plating has resulted in not only me sustaining a cut finger from the jagged edges, but two (2) of my passengers sustaining cuts as well.

In the past, I have purchased two (2) vehicles from Southtowne, and my original association with your Service Department was always friendly, pleasant and most satisfying. However, this marks the second time I have received service from Southtowne Hyundai’s Service Department that I have felt I have been wronged and taken advantage of by a staff that was more interested in “keeping the money rolling in”, than in making and retaining a happy life-time customer. To say I am not a satisfied customer of Southtowne Hyundai’s Service Department is an understatement…

* Under a previous Service Manager (Forrest Smith), I was notified regarding a recall on my vehicle. I called to see if the part was available, was told that most certainly it was, and I arranged an appointment to bring my car in for the necessary part replacement. The date of my appointment arrived. It would take place on a day off from work. I set my clock to get up bright and early, dressed and headed to the Southtowne dealership’s service department. I was checked in and shown to the waiting room. About an hour into my wait, the Service Associate came to me and asked me about a couple of things he felt should be taken care of on my vehicle, and I declined any service. He told me they were working on my car “now” and it should be ready “in no time at all”. I continued to wait and then AFTER A WAIT THAT EXTENDED OVER THREE MORE HOURS, I WAS TOLD THAT THE PART MY VEHICLE NEEDED WAS NOT AVAILABLE AND I WOULD HAVE TO COME BACK AFTER THE PART WAS RECEIVED INTO STOCK. I complained and was provided with an email voucher for two (2) FREE oil changes. Unfortunately, I was unable to immediately use the voucher as the Service Manager left. It then took me over a year to get ANYONE at Southtowne to acknowledge the validity of the voucher and allow me to make arrangements to come in and take advantage of the FREE oil changes.

Ms. Ray,

Thank you very much for sitting down with me today. I appreciate the constructive manner you presented yourself. I also enjoy the opportunity to improve our services and right a wrong. Our conversation will give me an understanding from a customers perspective. That understanding will allow me to see clearly, ways to improve what we do.

Sincerely

Forrest Smith

JV
JOHN V.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
04/11/2015 Category: Service
oil change
quick friendly service at a reasonable price.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/15/2015

Thank-you Mr. Valentine. We will continue to strive to meet your expectations and keep your new Elantra healthy.

JE
JOAN E.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
04/10/2015 Category: Service
Professional, responsive staff. Very friendly and helpful. The service tech always do a good job when servicing our vehicle.
Good dealership. My only suggestion would be to have a more customer friendly waiting area. Provide small snacks, coffee and water. Every other dealership I have dealt with has provided this service. It means a lot to the customer.
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/10/2015

Thank you for your business and trust. We will try and improve customer lounge area. The area beside the service drive is our secondary customer lounge. The primary (better) one is inside the showroom. Please feel free to use either one.

JUDY K.
Carmen and Torey wonderful employees
Wonderful employees
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/14/2015

Thank-you for responding to our survey request. On behalf of Torey who is now in our sales department, we both enjoy helping you maintain helping you maintain yoiur vehicle at Southtowne. It is our pleasure to serve you.

FD
FRANK D.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
excellent service
trustful and caring people
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/14/2015

Thank-you so much for taking time to answer our survey request. Building a trusting relationship with our new customers is essential. Caring for the customer and their vehicle is part of our comittment at Southtowne Hyundai.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
04/09/2015 Category: Service
impeccable service
couldn't ask for anything more
FORREST H S. from Southtowne Hyundai of Newnan responded on 04/10/2015

We will do all we can do to continue to meet your expectations. Thanks again