CR
Cynthia R.
Duarte, CA
Buick LeSabre
01/23/2020 Category: Service
Cynthia said she's not too happy with them and their service. She said they lied about the cost. She said she knows how much a diagnostic and sensor costs. She said it was a 10-20 minute job. She said she's never been charged like that before while they're doing the service. She said she was disgusted and she will never go back there ever again. She said her old mechanic wouldn't have charged her like that. She said she was charged $378.

NY
Norman Y.
Montebello, CA
11/20/2013 Category: Service
Norman said the price was very expensive.

Don R.
Arcadia, CA
Lexus GS 300
07/29/2020
Great car service
Great service. Expert workmanship. Very experienced. Competitive price. 30 year customer with various make cars. Highly recommend.

Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/26/2020
Art and his guys get it done the right way the first time!
My whole break system needed to be replaced and they got it done fast and did a great job!

GG
Geoff G.
07/22/2020
Another lifeline for my 2002 Tahoe
Despite all attempts I've made to destroy this vehicle, Spence & Frye has kept my beloved Tahoe on the road. Thanku to Art and Crew for consistent and reliable auto care.

Adrian M.
Chevrolet Volt
07/17/2020
Honest, fast and efficient repair shop.
I went in search of a repair shop for a very quick job that requires no more than a day. Other shops quoted higher prices and longer hold times with the car. Art and his team are super honest mechanics were able to find the part that my car needed and repaired it in one day. If you were looking for a GM shop that is above industry standard And doesn’t play any games or overcharge for their labor or parts look no further than here. They will take good care of you. They have earned my trust and business And will be my shop for all future repairs.

Mary C.
Altadena, CA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/13/2020
Pleased
The service is always great. I love the kindness and the thoroughness of their work.

Mitul P.
Buick Enclave
07/06/2020
Great honest service
Straight to the point service. Did not try to upsell me. Pointed out some longer term items that will need to be addressed, without the pressure that you would get from the dealer.

Jim H.
Sierra Madre, CA
06/26/2020
Expert Mechanics
Art and his team succeeded in diagnosing and fixing the electrical problem with my Chevy Tahoe. After going to three other shops over the course of three weeks that failed to fix the problem Art fixed the problem in two days.
I highly recommend Art and his team.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/27/2020

Jim much appreciated your kind words, we all love a challenge here at the shop! Glad to hear we succeeded. Thanks

Consumer C.
San Marino, CA
06/13/2020
Prompt service.
Sorry, my car was ready by 11 AM, first thing in the morning. Plus they fixed the hood and did not charge me for that..

San Marino, CA
HUMMER H3T
06/11/2020
Prompt service
My Hummer suddenly almost did not start while running errants. Drove it and dropped it at Spence and Frey. They stayed open for me at closing to drop it and to order the rare battery. The vehicle was ready to go next day by 11 pm. That is what I call a prompt service.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thanks Lenny, we're always here at your service.

Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thank you for your patronage and we're always her to help if we can.

AR
Anthony R.
Los Angeles, CA
Cadillac Eldorado
06/10/2020
My sweet ride's trusted family doctor.
We love our 2000 Cadillac ETC ,but until we found Art at Spence and Frye Co we were stuck with shoddy hit and miss repair service ( including the Cadillac Dealer which was actually the worse).
Before we found Art at Spence and Frye we had spent $3,000 at other repair shops trying to pass smog inspection which still failed . Art quickly found and fixed the problem (which turned out to be a shoddy piece of junk MAS air sensor that the previous shop installed}. He even took my car to the Smog Inspection Station and passed it for me. He even test drove my vehicle for an hour and found and fixed some other pesky problems including an ABS Suspension System problem that had troubled me for almost 10 years!
I have never before experienced this level of excellent service and knowledge .
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

We appreciate your business and thank you for the kind words of confidence in our abilities.

KZ
Ken Z.
Temecula, CA
Toyota Avalon
06/05/2020
2011 Toyota Avalon
I have been a customer for about 25 years. I had a Buick Century and a Cadillac Danville.
When ever they fix something it is properly repaired and stays fixed.

Christina S.
Chevrolet Volt
05/27/2020
Responsive, responsible, and REALLY great!
Car was dead in my driveway in the middle of Memorial Day Weekend. Got in touch with Spence & Frye when they reopened post-holiday... had the car towed there... and it was fixed the very next day! They're the best.
Art O. from Spence And Frye Co responded on 06/12/2020

Thank you, we always try to resolve issues as quickly as possible.

Joy A.
Altadena, CA
Cadillac CTS
05/27/2020
Water Pump-less
My car ran hot and stopped 3-4 blocks shy of Spence and Frye. I asked at several shops whether anyone could help today since I am the sole driver for myself and elderly sister. Every shop recommended I try Spence and Frye. They were polite and although a bit expensive for labor costs provided me with options and worked on my car immediately to help me get back home with my car. They are good people and good at their work. Thanks again from an exhausted caregiver.