4.6

Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5rating 4.8771932
Overall Rating 2.2193/5Overall Rating 2.2193/5rating 2.2193rating 2.2193rating 2.2193

Jeremy S.
Grinnell, IA
2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Called and apologized
Dealership called immediately and apologized. Made some compensations to us. I appreciate this very much. We worked together and came to a resolution.

10/28/2019 Category: Service
Time wasted
Communication and service blows.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

Good afternoon Jeremy,

I am very sorry to hear that your key fob programming was not completed in a timely manner. I would like to speak to you further concerning this. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Ankit S.
Wdm, IA
08/27/2019 Category: Service
Great Service after this hiccup
After I made hyundai service station aware of the issue everything fell into place. They left no stones unturned in trying to resolve my issue. They even came to my place , picked up the car and did whatever they could to resolve it and delivered the car on time. Thank you .!!!!

08/27/2019 Category: Service
Pathetic!!!!
They fixed nothing but I was charged for it!!! 0 stars but unfortunately there is no option for that hence settling with 1 stat
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Good morning Ankit,

I appreciate all the feedback that you have provided. I am very sorry to hear how your service visit was handled. I will be contacting you by phone today to discuss this further. I look forward to speaking to you and correcting our mistakes. Thank you.

Mile C.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai
Excellent Great service (Izzo-Tony-Nick -Steve). 5 stars Thank you!

08/05/2019 Category: Service
Mile C
My 2019 santa fe is in repair for 1 MONTH. They Try to Cheat me though i own 4 Hyundai. Very SAD
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/06/2019

Good afternoon Mile,

I completely understand and sympathize with your position. It is very frustrating to have your vehicle down in service especially for extended periods at a time. Rest assured that Stew Hansen Hyundai will always repair your car as quick as possible. You have been most patient during this process and for that I thank you. Please reach out to me if you have any further concerns.

VM
Vicki M.
05/03/2019
Car repair needed!!!
Tony contact me rather upset I do not have a appointment made for my repairs our conversation was weeks ago and not have heard a word since then. Very disappointed!!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 05/06/2019

Good Morning Vicki,

I apologize for any confusion or delay in scheduling. I have sent you an email listing the possible times to have your repairs completed. Look forward to speaking with you.

JN
Jake N.
Clive, IA
04/12/2019 Category: Service
THEY ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY GOT MY PART IN AND FIXED IT FASTER THAN THEY SAID !!!! THEY PROVED THEY WANT EVERYONES BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!

04/12/2019 Category: Service
HELLO
PLEASE CALL ME & LET ME KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON !!!!!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

Hello Jake,

I apologize that my staff has not communicated to you about your special order part. We tried to reach out to you on Saturday but were unsuccessful. We will try again today. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

GS
Gabriel S.
Ames, IA
2018 Hyundai Kona
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Service Nightmare
Avoid this dealership. After buying a new Kona, several issues occurred and the repair/warranty service from Stew Hansen has been sloppy, incomplete and has cost my family a lot of cash (1800 so far) due to the dealerships inability or unwillingness to help. Protect yourself and your family and shop elsewhere.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

Hello Gabriel,

I sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. In response to your specific situation, however, our technician did spend more than 1 hour diagnosing and inspecting your car including a 10 mile test drive and none of the concerns you had relayed to us were present and we found no issues at all. We also offered to have you ride along with us to confirm what you were experiencing but you refused to do so. I assure you that repairing your vehicle swiftly and correctly is of the utmost importance here at Stew Hansen Hyundai. It is frustrating for the consumer and our service center when symptoms cannot be replicated. This is why we also chose to waive any diagnostic charges on this last visit as well. I do hope you will trust us to service your vehicle in the future and would love to speak to you about any further concerns you may have.

Benjamin B.
Grimes, IA
03/27/2019
Terrible service
BE AWARE THAT ALL CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED VEHICLES ARE SOLD WITH A WARRANTY FROM A THIRD PARTY. Stew Hansen used this party as an answer to all of my problems. I drove my car into Stew Hansen Hyundai to have it inspected after it started running strange. I was told it needed a full new engine and when I asked why; They did not have an answer. They suggested I have a warranty inspection so they could get to the bottom of what was wrong with the vehicle. While Hyundai decided whether or not they were going to cover it under warranty my car sat at Stew Hansen Hyundai outside for three weeks with the hood open and the engine half disassembled. I have a video of it coming off the tow truck to show the condition I received it in. I didn’t receive any paperwork other than a receipt. I was told over the phone that my camshaft was misaligned. I was very upset with how my car was returned to me. When it arrived it dumped gasoline all over my driveway. They offered $100 off my bill, a free tow, and employee priced parts only if I changed my review from a one-star because it affects performance based reviews. That is not something I knew until Tony told me. Tony was very attentive until I changed my review to 5 star. I reached out to Stew Hansen's and between Tony Pelham, the service manager and Scott Brown, the general manager it took me eleven attempts by phone and twice in person to receive any documentation on what they found on the inspection. All I received was a completely different diagnosis and it was written on the back of a business card. Scott Brown said he would send documentation over to me twice but it never happened. Tony said he would no longer honor the employee priced parts because of how annoyed he was with the situation. He claims the only reason he offered me those deals to help me out. My experience with Stew Hansen was completely unprofessional. I have dates for all of this line by line. Tony deleted my last review because I described the free tow, employee priced parts, and $100 off my bill as a bribe. I am positive no one knows why my engine started acting strange because no one at Hyundai is interested in why my engine failed but instead how they can deny my warranty and yours too.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/27/2019

Hello Benjamin,

I am disappointed by the comments in your review. We truly feel that we have went above and beyond to help you in your situation. I do sympathize with your situation which is why we offered to help you in the manner we did. We were unable to get your repairs covered by your third party warranty because you could not provide complete records showing that you have kept up on maintenance for your car. The denial of warranty was not our decision but that of an independent inspector not even employed by Stew Hansen. If you do not maintain your car then that does void your third party warranty. The $100 goodwill assistance and cost of towing your car was not for an updated review...it was to assist you in being able to afford to get your vehicle back as you stated you did not have enough money. Your car was returned to you in the condition it was in because, as per your request, you did not want any further work done to your car. I do apologize for the missed attempts at speaking to you over the phone but as per our visit yesterday we found that you had provided the incorrect phone number for our records. Once again I do sympathize with your situation but truly feel that we at Stew Hansen Hyundai have tried our best to treat you fairly and in a professional manner. Thank you.

Benjamin B.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
03/07/2019 Category: Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai
They will try their best to resolve your issues.

03/07/2019 Category: Service
The people of Stew Hansen
My veloster has been riddled with problems the entire time I have had it. Stew Hansen always treated me like the bad guy. I used to have it only serviced by stew Hansen within the correct intervals but they have now accused me twice of modifying my car as means of voiding my warranty. The first time my speedometer and turbo blew at the same time. They pushed as hard as they could not to cover my car that only had 50k on it. They did not honor the warranty this time when the camshaft and turbo blew at the same time. A car should not go through two turbos in less than 100k. I truly believe if anyone at Hyundai was paying attention to the history I have had at stew hansons with this car; they would realize something was seriously wrong with the car. Long line of incorrect diagnoses. $160 for a car inspection just for them to plug in a code reader. Instead of telling me my timing chain is coming undone; they told me the problem with my car is I need a new engine. I told them that was not good enough. So they had an inspector come down. ($260) For a week I heard nothing and then I was told it would be covered. A full week passes and then I'm told it wouldn't be covered. They suggested I call consumer affairs who told me that they don't have control of that and that preowned cars warranties expire 5 years after the car is produced. I talked to the maintenance manager at stew and he told me to call Hyundai pre-owned. They all just pushed me around and in my opinion they tried to push the responsibility of my car getting warrantied on to me.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/07/2019

Hello Benjamin,

I sincerely sympathize with your position. I assure you that we at Stew Hansen Hyundai want to be an advocate for you and your vehicle getting repaired. Unfortunately we are bound by the decisions of your extended service contract and must adhere to their final outcome. However, I would like the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail about this. I will contact you shortly.

Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/12/2019

Hello Benjamin,

I have made several attempts to contact you but have yet to be successful and am unable to leave a voicemail. I would still like the chance to speak to you about your concerns. Please call or email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you

tonyp@stewhansenhyundai.com

Waukee, IA
02/11/2019 Category: Service
Devin provided outstanding customer service
After a unpleasant with the Service Manager in regards to a question on had on my service, Devin who originally assisted me on my service followed up promptly and allowed me to explain my situation to him. He understood my concerns and that I look to keep my car in the best condition possible to allow me to drive it in all seasons. Now with a better understanding of the use of my vehicle and my service history, Devin has stepped up to assist me with my future needs with my vehicle. I am willing to give Stew Hansen's service another opportunity thanks to the outstanding customer service Devin provided.

02/11/2019 Category: Service
Lack of Inspection Integrity
I had to replace all 4 tires on my Tucson after 30k mi. The stock tires are awful and when i had my service no one told me the tread depth was 5/32 which according to industry standards should be replaced. The Service Department Manager stated that was an acceptable tread depth and my Tucson just isn’t a good car for living in Iowa. I went to another dealership, got new tires & now lu Tucson runs well. I will never use Stew Hansen’s for anything or recommend them.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 02/12/2019

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with your Tuscon and our dealership as well. I would like to discuss your service experience in greater detail and will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you.

AK
Andrew K.
Clive, IA
01/29/2019 Category: Service
Excellent Customer Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai has excellent customer service that far exceeded my expectations. They went out of their way ensure I was a happy customer. I appreciate the efforts Tony Pelham and his team have put into providing a professional, proactive, and respectful customer service department.

01/29/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Customer Service
Horrid communication by the service team, no vechicle inspection report, no explanation on anything when I was there in person, they didn’t call me when my vehicle was done, they didn’t wash my car as a part of the AdvanatgeCare program and I had to go find someone to talk to about it. There was zero sense of urgency or desire to please me as a customer or even talk to me, honestly. I was just another person that they had to deal with. Meanwhile the “Advisor” that helped me out and didn’t bother cracking a smile, didn’t tell me when my car was done, and didn’t bother speaking to me when I checked out, yet he had multiple “customer service” awards on the wall behind his desk and I had to laugh to myself. Don’t think I will be returning.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

Hello Andrew,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your service experience. The service you described is the exact opposite of how you should be taken care of. I am truly sorry you were treated in that manner. We take great pride in every one of our customers service experience and  hopefully we can earn your business back in the future.  I will be contacting you today to discuss further. Thank you.

GS
Gabriel S.
Ames, IA
2018 Hyundai Kona
01/25/2019 Category: Service
Shop Elsewhere
My 2018 Kona had a steering column failure at 22k miles that wasn't covered by warranty. $1,800 down the drain. Maybe your experience will be different, but I cant justifiably do business here again. I've never had this kind of problem with a vehicle nor had to spend this kind of cash this early in the life of the car.

I'm sure they have plenty of customers, losing my wife and I as return buyers is a drop in the bucket.

The sales portion of the vehicle went great. The vehicle service portion has been deplorable.

Choose your own adventure. For me, I'll be choosing a different dealership in the future.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 01/25/2019

Hello Gabriel,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration with Hyundai's warranty. Unfortunately we are bound by the rules and regulations set forth by the manufacturer and they do not cover items that are damaged from the vehicle hitting an obstruction. However, we do care about each and every one of our customers happiness and loyalty. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can speak on this matter. Thank you.

Jeffrey W.
Panora, IA
2012 Hyundai Veloster
01/03/2019 Category: Service
Great to work with
My car had some problems and they were great to work with through a kind of difficult back and forth on figuring it out. I had some problems when I first took it in but then I worked with Tony Pelham to get everything sorted out and in the end it was a really good experience.

01/03/2019 Category: Service
Repairs not completed, car in worse shape than when I dropped it off
Took care in to fix the parking brake. Two days later the parking brake went out again. When I picked up my car after they worked on it the dashboard did not function and they wouldn't be bothered to look at it or talk to me about what might have happened between drop off and pickup.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 01/03/2019

Hello Mr. Wallace,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you had during your visit to our store. I assure you that your satisfaction is our highest priority. I would like the opportunity to speak to you to see what can be done to resolve this matter. I have tried to reach you by phone but was unsuccessful. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and once again my sincerest apologies for your recent service experience.

515-802-3757

Urbandale, IA
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Done with Stew Hansen Hyundai
Over the past 4 years I have bought 3 vehicles from them. At that time our sales guy was awesome and the customer care was amazing. Since then, he and others have left and the place has gone downhill. Here are my last three service trips to Stew Hansen Hyundai. My daughter's battery was dying early. So they replaced it. When they installed it they installed it wrong. The battery died on her when she was out of state. Thankfully she was able to get it to another Hyundai dealership where they had to "sell" me a new battery because in their own words, "it was installed incorrectly." A second experience I had was my wife took her car in for an oil change / tire rotation. While there one of Stew's employees backed into her car. They did repair it at no cost but a year later the paint started to flake off. They wanted to charge me to fix it. I had to remind them that they are the ones that caused this so why should I have to pay to fix a paint job that was not done correctly after it was in a wreck caused by their staff member. A third and most recent time is I took my daughter's SUV in for a 30K mile check up. When she went to pick it up the service light was on and the engine sounded really rough. So they had to take another look at it to fix it. I am so done with them. If they don't care about someone that has purchased 3 vehicles from them, then why should I keep going back.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 11/27/2018

I am very sorry to hear about your continued issues with Stew Hansen Hyundai. I assure you that we care about all our customers...especially ones that show us the loyalty you have in the past. I would love the oppurtunity to speak to you about theses matters. I will contact you today. Thank you.

Milo, IA
2007 Hyundai Azera
11/06/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication
Not impressed. Was treated as tho I should know their drop off procedure in the mornings and where to go. Having not been there for any service work the staff wasn't available and I had to go ask twice for assistance. Slow check in process made me 30 min late to work. Shuttle driver was rude and said he was leaving though he was the one who showed up early for the pickup.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 11/07/2018

I sincerely apologize for your check in process and the shuttle driver being rude as well. I assure you this is not how we want our service department to handle our customers. I will contact you today so we can discuss further.  Once again, my sincerest apology.

Carlisle, IA
2009 Hyundai Elantra
10/26/2018 Category: Service
Nope
Nearly 3 hours for oil change when had an 830 am appointment.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 10/26/2018

I would like to sincerely apologize for your oil change taking 3 hours. That clearly is not how we want our service department to run. Your time is very valuable to us and we take great pride in providing a quick, thorough 5 star service. I will be contacting you soon to see if there is some acceptable resolution we can come to. I look forward to speaking with you.

BG
Benjamin G.
Norwalk, IA
10/01/2018 Category: Service
Not happy being taken advantage of
Read my comments from before I don’t think your staff could fix a light bulb
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 10/01/2018

Hello Benjamin,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your last service. It sounds as though there were several issues that heppened while your car was in here. I would like the oppurtunity to speak to you  to find a resolution we can come to as we would love to see you for future visits. Please contact me at your earilest convenience. I look forward to speaking to you.

515-253-3000

ANTHONY W P., Fixed Operations Director from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 10/25/2018

Hello Benjamin,

I am very happy that we were able to get your vehicle back in and finalize the repairs from your first visit. I sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused you and your wife. We strive to provide you 5 star service each and every time you come here for service. Unfortunately there are times when things do not go as planned. After speaking with your wife I am confident now that our resolution has provided you the 5 star service you deserve. We look forward to helping you with your service needs in the future. I will also be sending out your re score opportunity today as well and look forward to receiving it back. Thank you very much for your time and feedback as well. Have a great day!

Rafet M.
Urbandale, IA
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Poor
Poor
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/16/2018

Hello Rafet,

I am very sorry to hear the oil cap was not secured during your last visit. We try to take great care in your vehicle and it sounds as though this did not happen on your last visit. I have tried to reach out to you by phone but was unable to reach you. I would appreciate the chance to speak with you in regards to this matter. Thank you for your time.

Chad B.
Iowa
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/06/2018 Category: Service
that place needs help
train the people to treat people better
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/07/2018

Hello Chad,

It was a pleasure to be able to meet you the other day and help resolve all your concerns.  I once again sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your last service visit. The lack of communication on our part I'm sure was very frustrating and I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused you. As per our conversation I hope that you are now confident in our repair and can enjoy your Sante Fe for many years to come.  Thank you for your business.

Bondurant, IA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Lost trust & poor communication in service center
There are many specific examples I could give for things I’ve went through over the years at this service center but to keep this short the bottom line is the communication is terrible and my trust is completely lost. I’m now taking my business elsewhere where I know one of my biggest purchases is in better hands. They don’t follow up properly or at all (I’ve had 3 calls in and not a single returned call) and things you pay for you will later find out were never done or poorly done and things they tell you that need done, really don’t need to be done. I’m really disappointed as an advantage care member for years!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/04/2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I would like sincerely apologize for the experience you had on your recent service visit. I would also like the opportunity to speak to you about the issues you had. Your feedback is very valuable to us so in the future we can provide you with the 5 star experience that you deserve. I look forward to speaking with you. Please call at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

KF
Kevin F.
West Des Moines, IA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
07/23/2018 Category: Service
Frustrated
Have tried multiple times and still can’t fix the issue.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 07/23/2018