Overall Rating 4.4782604/5Overall Rating 4.4782604/5Overall Rating 4.4782604/5Overall Rating 4.4782604/5rating 4.4782604
Overall Rating 2.0434809/5Overall Rating 2.0434809/5rating 2.0434809rating 2.0434809rating 2.0434809

Bellaire, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/31/2019 Category: Service
Ken is Great
Ken called and addressed my concerns and I appreciate the great customer service provided! Thank you.

I will continue to have all my service completed by Straub.

Thanks again.

08/31/2019 Category: Service
Just stop promising free car washes when you sell the cars.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

Thank you for your review and feedback.
A staff member will be reaching out to you shortly.

Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

Good afternoon.

We have attempted to contact you a couple of times and have been unsuccessful.  Please contact us at your convenience at the information provided  below.

Richard B.
Bridgeport, OH
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Cooperation is key
Service department will work with you to customer satisfaction if there are issues. Friendly and accommodating.

07/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Needs work...
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

Richard

I am sorry to hear that your last visit with us didn't go smoothly. A staff member will be reaching out soon to gather more information. Thank you for the feedback.

Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

Mrs Byrd

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today in greater detail about your visit.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
02/28/2019 Category: Service
Service visit
Ken at Straub has addressed my issue and is working to resolve. I appreciated the personal follow up.

02/28/2019 Category: Service
Acceptable at best.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 03/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today.
We appreciate your feedback.

Michael C.
Wellsburg, WV
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Concerns dealt with immediately
I had concerns regarding the initial service appointment for my Tucson. It was dealt with immediately and was fully resolved. Thank you!

02/24/2019 Category: Service
Initial oil change/service
This was the initial complimentary oil change/ service for my Tucson which was purchased at this dealership. Appointment was first of the day (8:00am). It took over an hour and fifteen minutes. Apparently, they did two cars ahead of mine that were left the night before. I would recommend that you take care of scheduled appointments first(especially when the customer is present), then take care of drop offs. The car wash was appreciated.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

Michael

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We would like to hear more about your service visit. A staff member will be reaching out to you shortly.

Michael B.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/08/2019 Category: Service
Everyone is very friendly and willing to answer questions or address any concerns you have
After voicing our concerns regarding the cost of our last service call I received a prompt e-mail advising someone would be in calling soon to speak with us. We received the call within an hour and was advised we had been overcharged due to a system glitch and a refund was issued.

02/08/2019 Category: Service
I left comments
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

Michael

We have reviewed your invoice and would like to speak with you in greater detail.
A staff member will be contacting you shortly.

James M.
Powhatan Point, OH
11/08/2018 Category: Service
phome call
recd call from mgr and discussed my svc visit he assured me my concerns would be taken care of and I am satisfied

11/08/2018 Category: Service
not bad not good
not everything done
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 11/09/2018

James

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

We would like to hear more about your visit. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Bellaire, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/06/2018 Category: Service
Thanks for the great service.
Thank you for the great customer service. I'm glad to know when I have an issue, you are on top of it and can get it fixed right away. Always love going to Straub to get my oil changed.

11/06/2018 Category: Service
I don't want to leave a review
I don't want to leave a review but it won't let me submit my complaints unless I fill out this page.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 11/07/2018

Thank you for the review.

A staff member has attempted to reach out to you earlier today.

Please give us a call at your earliest convenience.

304-233-2222
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 11/14/2018

RT
Robert T.
Woodsfield, OH
07/01/2018 Category: Service
2018 Sonata
The service at Straub Hyundai is great. The problems I have are with corporate because of the product they put out. I would recommend Straub to anyone who wants good service.

07/01/2018 Category: Service
2018 Sonata
Straub Hyundai is trying to make things right but I think that the factory just screwed them on this car and then me after I bought it. Purchased Nov 2017, 4 times in the shop already and now air does not work again, fan does not work and temp expected to be in mid to high 90's. Again, Straub is trying but can only fix something if it is worth it and this car calls that into question.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 07/05/2018

Robert

Thank you for the feedback.
Its my understanding that our service team has already made the necessary repairs needed for your vehicle.
Please let me know if you have any further concerns with anything.
We appreciate your business and we hope that you enjoy your new Sonata!!

10/06/2017 Category: Service
oil change satisfied
Have no complaints.

10/06/2017 Category: Service
Slow oil change
Took too long. No one let me know vehicle service was complete.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 10/06/2017

Thank you for the review.

I am sorry to hear that your service visit was below expectations.  I  would like to hear more about your service visit.  Please contact me at the information provided below.

LH
Lee H.
Bridgeport, OH
04/28/2017 Category: Service
High Pressure Fuel Pump
He was very upset with me and could not understand why I gave them a poor rating. Nothing has been done to change my review of this matter. I am mad because they did not contact me when the part came in the set up an appointment for them to repair the problem, before selling the part to another repair service.

04/28/2017 Category: Service
High Pressure Fuel Pump
See survey response. Told dealer had pump on back order. The repair shop I took the car to called Straub's for the part and had it the next day. Have not heard from Straub's regarding the availability of a replacement pump since April 7 and today is April 28, 2017.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 04/28/2017

Lee.

Thank you for the feedback. I spoke with Parts and was informed that A-1 ordered your part by VIN. When we sold the part to A-1 we were aware that it was repairing your vehicle and that the repairs had already been completed. Please contact me if you have any further concerns or questions.

WC
William C.
Weirton, WV
2009 Hyundai Elantra
04/18/2017 Category: Service
Excellent customer satisfaction
Very impressed with the prompt attention to my concerns and completely satisfied with the service and resolution!

04/18/2017 Category: Service
Price too high
Thought way to much for the work that was done
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 04/19/2017

Mr Crossley.

Thank you for the review.  A staff member should have contacted you by now to discuss your concerns.  Please feel free to reach me if you have any other concerns.   Thank you for your business and the feedback.

LK
Leon K.
Colerain, OH
07/20/2016 Category: Service
Sorry so Tough.
On you guys Rick, but I did not know you were in the dark about our dealings with corporate, we are now working with Hyundai USA and Straub together, to resolve this issue.

07/20/2016 Category: Service
Not Reliable / Playing Games
Straub Hyundai had our new 2016 Tucson for 3 weeks and 2 days for the common Dual Clutch Problem you can find over 100 complaints on NHTSA website. Jim was very defensive with my wife and I and we left with our car not fixed and feel unsafe driving it, we were so disgusted we did not get a copy of any service record. I asked Jim multiple times, once leaving a message and once in person, He tried to say they have no record as all they did was to test drive the car and could nor reproduce the problem. Well that driver was being paid likely under warranty service and they put 200 plus miles on the car I am sure they kept track of every time they took it out and reported what happened even if nothing. They also did the clutch re-learn procedure that erased many settings we had made so I am sure that is also required to be recorded by Hyundai. Jim was to fax me something the time I was there in person at my work and that was over a week ago and nothing. This is how they treat a 3 time customer, so sad!!!! BBB will be contacted shortly.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 07/22/2016

Leon.

I am sorry that you are having concerns with your Tucson.  Straub as well as Hyundai motor company is aware of these concerns and is currently investigating these complaints to reach a resolution.  I have had  communication with Hyundai motor company about tour vehicle several times. Myself or another member of our team will be reaching out to you in the future for further investigation on you concerns.  Hyundai corporate may also reach out to you as well.  I will be in touch soon.   Thank you for the feedback and your business.  I can assure you that your concerns are being addressed as we speak.

. thank you.

AP
Anthony P.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/07/2016 Category: Service
Updated review.
Had a meeting with Rick which explained a lot of concerns. He also answered a lot of my questions. Looking forward to a better relationship with Straubs.

07/07/2016 Category: Service
Trustworthiness.
I have lost all faith in this dealer. I have to continue with my service since it is still covered under a warranty.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 07/08/2016

Dear valued Straub customer.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that you have lost faith in our dealership. I understand that the delay that we encountered to get the repairs covered by your extended warranty was frustrating. This delay was something we as a repair facility could not have predicted and did our best to over come this hurdle. The repairs that you had completed did not fall under Hyundai power train warranty but did under your extended warranty.

I felt that the communication that you and I had went well and that you understood what the hurdle was and what we were doing to get the repairs covered for you.  After reading your review I see that you still have some questions or concerns related to what repairs were done and what was needed to get the repairs covered for you. I would like to speak with you again to help clear up any concerns that you still have. You have all of my contact information but i will provide it below also. I look forward to speaking with you.

Again, I am sorry that there was an issue with your extended warranty that delayed the repairs.

We hope that you and your family enjoy your vacation.

Sincerely,

Rick@drivestraub.com

ES
Elizabeth S.
Barnesville, OH
03/26/2016 Category: Service
Problem was resolved
Overcharge problem was resolved, and I received a refund of the difference between the verbal quote and the charged amount. Rick Maine was very helpful.

03/26/2016 Category: Service
Charged significantly more than verbal quote
I visited Straub Hyundai's service department for routine 30,000 mile service on my 2013 Elantra GT. The counter person named Jim told me that he doesn't like to sell people a bunch of stuff they don't need and that the usual 30,000 mile service is about $400-$500. He said he would have the mechanic do the oil change and then do an inspection and determine what the vehicle really needed, in order to save me some money. My husband picked me up from the dealership, and we went out to dinner while the inspection was being done. I received a phone call from Jim from Straub. He said that the vehicle needed alignment, the cabin air filter needed changing, the fuel system needed flushing/service due to being dirty because of unleaded gas being used these days, the brakes needed fluid/flushing due to being "gummed up", and that the hydraulic clutch fluid also needed flushing due to being "gummed up". He told me that they would also replace the rear wiper blade that I had requested and that the oil change and tire rotation would be done. He said that the total cost would be $200 something dollars - I believe it was $260 something. He even stopped while talking and said something like, "Hang on - let me make sure so I'm not lying to you" and then verified that this would be the total cost. I told him that I felt this was reasonable, and to go ahead. We finished dinner and then I dropped my husband off to drive the Elantra home. When he got home, he showed me the invoice and told me that the total came to $511.25. $314.43 of this was for labor - and the vehicle was in the shop for less than 2 hours! This was not what I was quoted on the phone and was over $200 higher! I phoned service and spoke to Jim. He said something like, "Well, I kind of just did the math in my head and I messed up. If you look at the paperwork, you will see that I gave you every discount I could." I told him this was not the amount I'd agreed to and that I probably would have waited on a couple of the services, if I'd been told the real cost. He said, "Let me see what I can do, and I'll call you back." Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for that phone call. Looking at my owner's manual, I now see that the 30,000 service typically consists of an oil change and some inspections, and that some of the services performed are not typically needed until there is much higher mileage on the vehicle. This was an incredibly disappointing experience at a dealership I'd previously trusted. I would definitely recommend to consumers that you get a quote IN WRITING before you allow Straub to do any work on your vehicle.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 03/26/2016

Elizabeth

I would like to review your file and follow up with you on Monday.   I am sorry that we failed to communicate an accurate price quote before completing repairs.  I look forward to speaking with you and getting more information on your visit.

MARK M.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/02/2014 Category: Service
Rick Maine followed up quickly to ensure my experience will be what I as a customer expext from my Hyundai services.
I am glad to know Hyundai is always striving to take care of their customers. I am pleased with the follow up I received from Rick Maine.

09/02/2014 Category: Service
It took too long and I did not get a copy of my spec sheet.
I waited too long for my oil change and when I left I was not given any spec sheet on the overall status of my Hyundai.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 09/03/2014

Mark,
   I am sorry to hear that your recent service visit failed to meet your expectations. I will be reviewing some of our processes with my staff to ensure that customers wait times are at a minimum and that all copies of inspection reports are received. I would like to speak with you in detail about your experience. I will try to reach you by phone or please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.

Thank you for your time and feedback. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 09/03/2014

Mark,
I called the phone number we have on file and did not recieve an answer. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss your recent visit.
Thank you again for the time.

EK
Elizabeth K.
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Customer service reps very polite.....service (oil change and inspection) done on a timely basis.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 12/11/2019

Elizabeth

Pleasant City, OH
12/10/2019 Category: Service
The service was great ,my battery went bad and they took me in without an appointment,honored the warranty and replaced the battery.Thanks for all.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 12/11/2019

Thank you for the review and feedback.

Billy H.
New Martinsville, WV
2019 Hyundai Tucson
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Good, quick and friendly service.
Fast, efficient service and the personnel are very helpful and friendly.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 12/10/2019

Billy

Joseph P.
Glen Dale, WV
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/09/2019 Category: Service
Service performance
Always do a great job and prompt with the same
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

Joseph

Thank you for the review and feedback.

Christopher B.
Moundsville, WV
2011 Hyundai Tucson
12/02/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai service
They know that I love my car and want to take good care of it and I know that they will.
Richard M., Service Director from Straub Hyundai responded on 12/02/2019