Sun Automotive - Springfield

TG
Terry G.
11/23/2016
Thorough work
During my last oil change, they told me there were issues with the coolant, which they worked on months before. Once this was confirmed, they called me to bring my car in for free maintenance. Honest and dependable.

Trevor S.
Dodge Dakota
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Trevor said he would recommend this business for service.

Loni S.
Chevrolet Colorado
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Loni said she would recommend the business for service.

JJ
Jennifer J.
Lexus GS 300
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Jennifer said she has no complaints.

SR
Stella R.
Nissan Pickup
11/13/2016
Wonderful service, as usual.
My 92 Nissan, Ruby, loves her regular maintenance. I know, because she's purring.

RK
Reis K.
11/12/2016
Honest, Quality, Price Right
For 25 or more years I have had all of my vehicles serviced at Springfield Service and have always been perfectly satisfied with every element of the service. Mark, the service manager, has an incredible ability to diagnose automotive problems and to provide the best and most cost-effective solutions. The staff is professional AND friendly; the facilities clean and comfortable. I won't go any other place.

Jennifer L.
11/05/2016 Category: Service
Jennifer said the business was prompt and took care of her problem. She loved that they gave her a free car wash and cleaned the rest of the vehicle.

Lavonda B.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
11/04/2016 Category: Service
Lavonda said this business was both considerate and courteous. They gave her a ride to and from her house, while they were working on her vehicle. She also noted they were very thorough with their service.

CP
Caitlin P.
10/30/2016
Mediocre customer service.
I had my car in for a new battery and a diagnostic test. I had also asked to have an oil change done. The oil change was not done, but the diagnostic showed that a new battery was needed, and a new battery was then provided. It was also noted that the oil level in my engine was low, but no oil was added to rectify the issue. Overall I am unhappy with the services rendered on 10/27
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 10/31/2016

The missed request for the Oil Change was completely our responsibility and i personally would like to apologize for the oversight. This should have not happened and certainly does not meet our own expectations for our customer. Sun Automotive would like to comp the next Oil Change and will offer to pick up and drop off the vehicle. We have sent the appropriate coupon for the to take place and want to thank our customer for the time out of there day for the honest input.

Craig Noel
General Manager.

Colin B.
10/28/2016
They charge full price, but they do not do a full job.
I have been a loyal customer of Sun Automotive, Springfield for the better part of a decade. My first experience, auto body work, was very positive. However subsequent experiences have been quite negative. A couple of years ago I went in to get a couple of things fixed, and I was told it would be $1000s of dollars to fix everything that was wrong with it, so I told them to start with what I could afford at the time, the belts and the parking break. When they ordered the wrong part for the parking break, they wired it to the frame to take up the slack instead of ordering the proper part, a fix that only lasted a couple of weeks. When I brought it back and asked them to fix it for real, I had to pay for the part (what happened to that 3 year warranty?); shortly after, I discovered the reason the parking break broke in the first place was due to another cable issue. I understand how something like that might be overlooked, but that’s why I took it to a professional who should be able to identify and fix the problem. After being over $200 invested into it, I still do not have a functional parking break.
One more story: the steering on this vehicle has not been working properly for a while. They gave me an estimate of about $1000 to replace the steering gear box. So this vehicle has been parked for two years, because the cost of repair was out of the budget. Seeing a need for it in the near future, I took a closer look at the steering and discovered that fluid was shooting out of the high pressure hose, a $20 fix, so I attempted to replace it myself. Unable to remove the nut, I again took it to Sun Automotive so they could replace it. Now the steering works great, but they charged me for 48 minutes of labor ($85) and didn’t even put the splash guards back in place, and they took the fasteners away so I can’t even put them in place until I find replacements. Now I’m no expert, but having supplied them with all the parts and steering fluid, there is no way it took them 48 minutes to replace a single hose and bleed the system, and yet they couldn’t even bother to put the splash guard back.
I understand that this vehicle is over 15 years old, but my family has been maintaining it to the best of our ability for 10 years and I want to keep it operational. An even if its old and junky, I feel it is important that if you pay full price for a professional auto shop to fix something, that they treat it like a brand new vehicle and fix it right the first time. I also think quoting the steering gear box replacement would be $1000 when it ended up being a $20 replacement hose says something about their professionalism.

NS
Norbert S.
Mercedes-Benz 300E
10/22/2016 Category: Service
Norbert said they were good.

CN
Craig N.
Toyota Venza
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Craig said the staff at this business communicated very well and they are very courteous. He stated they are fantastic and he would recommend them for service.

SF
Samatha F.
Pleasant Hill, OR
10/17/2016 Category: Service
Samatha said everything went really well. Everyone was nice. The service was not super expensive.

TL
Trish L.
Kia Sorento
10/16/2016
they care
serviced my car w/o an appointment & provided round trip taxi service to/fr work; came to my rescue. very grateful to them.

BW
Braiden W.
Lebanon, OR
10/13/2016 Category: Service
Braiden said this business was kind and they really didn't give her a reason to be upset or impatient. They got back with her at a reasonable time and they got her in without an appointment.