Sun Automotive - Springfield

CP
Caitlin P.
10/30/2016
Mediocre customer service.
I had my car in for a new battery and a diagnostic test. I had also asked to have an oil change done. The oil change was not done, but the diagnostic showed that a new battery was needed, and a new battery was then provided. It was also noted that the oil level in my engine was low, but no oil was added to rectify the issue. Overall I am unhappy with the services rendered on 10/27
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 10/31/2016

The missed request for the Oil Change was completely our responsibility and i personally would like to apologize for the oversight. This should have not happened and certainly does not meet our own expectations for our customer. Sun Automotive would like to comp the next Oil Change and will offer to pick up and drop off the vehicle. We have sent the appropriate coupon for the to take place and want to thank our customer for the time out of there day for the honest input.

Craig Noel
General Manager.

Colin B.
10/28/2016
They charge full price, but they do not do a full job.
I have been a loyal customer of Sun Automotive, Springfield for the better part of a decade. My first experience, auto body work, was very positive. However subsequent experiences have been quite negative. A couple of years ago I went in to get a couple of things fixed, and I was told it would be $1000s of dollars to fix everything that was wrong with it, so I told them to start with what I could afford at the time, the belts and the parking break. When they ordered the wrong part for the parking break, they wired it to the frame to take up the slack instead of ordering the proper part, a fix that only lasted a couple of weeks. When I brought it back and asked them to fix it for real, I had to pay for the part (what happened to that 3 year warranty?); shortly after, I discovered the reason the parking break broke in the first place was due to another cable issue. I understand how something like that might be overlooked, but that’s why I took it to a professional who should be able to identify and fix the problem. After being over $200 invested into it, I still do not have a functional parking break.
One more story: the steering on this vehicle has not been working properly for a while. They gave me an estimate of about $1000 to replace the steering gear box. So this vehicle has been parked for two years, because the cost of repair was out of the budget. Seeing a need for it in the near future, I took a closer look at the steering and discovered that fluid was shooting out of the high pressure hose, a $20 fix, so I attempted to replace it myself. Unable to remove the nut, I again took it to Sun Automotive so they could replace it. Now the steering works great, but they charged me for 48 minutes of labor ($85) and didn’t even put the splash guards back in place, and they took the fasteners away so I can’t even put them in place until I find replacements. Now I’m no expert, but having supplied them with all the parts and steering fluid, there is no way it took them 48 minutes to replace a single hose and bleed the system, and yet they couldn’t even bother to put the splash guard back.
I understand that this vehicle is over 15 years old, but my family has been maintaining it to the best of our ability for 10 years and I want to keep it operational. An even if its old and junky, I feel it is important that if you pay full price for a professional auto shop to fix something, that they treat it like a brand new vehicle and fix it right the first time. I also think quoting the steering gear box replacement would be $1000 when it ended up being a $20 replacement hose says something about their professionalism.

NS
Norbert S.
Mercedes-Benz 300E
10/22/2016 Category: Service
Norbert said they were good.

CN
Craig N.
Eugene, OR
Toyota Venza
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Craig said the staff at this business communicated very well and they are very courteous. He stated they are fantastic and he would recommend them for service.

SF
Samatha F.
Pleasant Hill, OR
10/17/2016 Category: Service
Samatha said everything went really well. Everyone was nice. The service was not super expensive.

TL
Trish L.
Kia Sorento
10/16/2016
they care
serviced my car w/o an appointment & provided round trip taxi service to/fr work; came to my rescue. very grateful to them.

BW
Braiden W.
Lebanon, OR
10/13/2016 Category: Service
Braiden said this business was kind and they really didn't give her a reason to be upset or impatient. They got back with her at a reasonable time and they got her in without an appointment.

VB
Vicky B.
Oregon
Honda Passport
10/12/2016 Category: Service
Vicky said the business answered all of her questions and they were nice to her.

VM
Vanessa M.
Eugene, OR
Volvo XC90
10/04/2016 Category: Service
Vanessa said every time she goes, they are nice to her and very respectful.

KK
Kristine K.
09/24/2016 Category: Service
Kristine said this business provided excellent service.

LV
Lisle V.
Nissan Frontier
09/17/2016
Friendly, honest service; always going the extra mile to make sure we're taken care of.... It's why we keep coming back to Sun Automotive.

FS
Freddie S.
09/17/2016 Category: Service
Freddie said this business did an excellent job.

Richard B.
Yachats, OR
09/16/2016
Pre-Sale Used Car Inspection
Entire transaction was handled by Mike from the 1st phone call for the appointment to the final review of the inspection report after it was completed ~ in a 1 word summary PERFECT! Mike was very professional, wasn't hurried and took the time to explain the details. He talked to me like a fiend ort neighbor and regardless that the phone rang several different times he made sure I was the focus of his conversation, asking another employee to take the call(s) or allowed them to go to voice mail. In this day and age one has trouble finding an auto repair shop that you can actually trust and will not rip you off just so they can sell you parts you may not need and satisfy their labor fee's - this was not one of those shops. I finally a repair shop who I trust will take care of my care honestly and fairly - like you'd finally found "your doctor" for the same reasons. I will be back and Sun Auto now has a regular customer

Charles S.
Sweet Home, OR
09/13/2016
Clean, knowledgeable service reps and techs, bright friendly appearance, building and people...the cookies and coffee are great too!
Great service on both the Toyota and Subaru. The tech Trey did a great job on the Subaru cleaning all the oil that drains on the exhaust during the oil change. Scott did a great job as always on the Toyota, correctly diagnosing the brakes and cleaning them up. I also want to say a special thanks once again to him and Mark for their awesome diagnosis and repair of a phantom electrical issue with the ignition. So much appreciated... the kind of issue some folks just sell their car for, and they figured it out and fixed it. I love our cars and only trust them to Sun Automotive!

LP
Lexie P.
Coos Bay, OR
Mazda Protege
09/12/2016 Category: Service
Lexie said this business taught her a lot of things she wasn't informed of before.