RT
ryan t.
Acura TL
11/04/2020
Should have went somewhere else
I wish I can give them a 0/5. They are horrible. I came Tuesday morning for a new ballast. They called me at lunch time telling me the estimate was 760.00. I didn’t really care for the price because I needed a new ballast for awhile now. I pick it up that night and it wasn’t working. Dropped it off the following morning and I asked for a follow up so I can pick up my car earlier. Anyways I had to call to see if they where done and they said it’s done just come when your ready. How professional lol. Came back at night my car wasn’t even ready or put together and charged me a different price. So 1. They charge you more then what places are suppose to charge you.
2. They are not even professional enough to call you back I had to call back.

DOUGLAS M.
09/17/2020
They tried to take advantage of me, and did not perform work they charged mefor.
I had my car towed to their shop to find out why the car stopped running. I was giving a writing report that they “Performed inspection on no start, removed engine valve covers and found that timing belt broke and damaged valves. Recommend to replace engine or rebuilt”. All for $3000. They never did an inspection, and I believed I was not being told the truth.
I had car towed to another garage, they replaced the timing belt ($375j and fixed my car. No other problem was found. I would not/ do not trust them.

Nissan NV200
06/24/2020
Filty technician
I went to sunset garage and the technician for change oil. the short man did my car for change oil and its so quick and then later he said its only 4.5 quart.and i said supposed to be 5,quart and what happened i was watching him and not even 2 min he closed the bolt under the pan right away.so some dirty oil still in the engine.thats why less than 5,quart.and not just that the driver door got some oil spot and the sliding door and passenger door and the front seat.so i have to clean it.date of incident june 24th 2020 10:30am its too early to be filty the technician that time omg:( i have no problem the head of the shop very nice person... except his guy:(

02/12/2020
Car Repair
Sunset Garage is a scam garage especially out to take advantage of women; with high prices. The old owner was excellent. He retired. Do not take your car to Sunset Garage, 150 Industrial Way, Brisbane. We ended up paying 4 times more than the initial quote.

Steve is very rude and unprofessional.

DANIAL B.
Chevrolet Spark EV
02/10/2020
Poor communication and upcharged for labor
I was hoping for more after reading the reviews. Total time took over a month to get my car back. I had a rat chew into the brake reservoir on my car and new it needed replaced. I considered ordering the part and replacing it myself since it is easy access and just a few bolts. Resetting the computer warnings would be the issue, plus I have an infant at home. Ironically, the prompt to leave this review is the only communication that I received from them. Dropped it off Jan 16, never got the estimate, found out they were waiting on parts after I called 2 weeks later. Asked for it to be ready by no later than the 10th. They assured me this was an easy job and will be done. I call on the 10th and am given an unclear answer. They call back 2 more times saying they mixed my car with another and it is in fact ready. It was 4 pm so if I wouldn’t have called I wouldn’t have gotten my car. $450 bucks and a month later I get my car back. They kept justifying the time and issues: they fired the lady and that she wrote down that it was my windshield washer reservoir instead of brakes (there was a corner chewed off) and that added to the time... the part had to be shipped directly from Korea because there aren’t any for sale in the US... I just found the part in Carson City NV... I don’t trust them and will be taking my car elsewhere in the future.

IG
IRIS G.
Buick Rendezvous
11/12/2020
$4K bill without approval!
Sunset garage did not get our approval and check in with us to let us know the scope of work that they believed was required. Ended up with a bill over $4K! Still haven’t received the CODE report. They“Fixed” the wrong seatbelt (The one without the problem). Gave a 2nd star only because after I threw a fit & threatened them did they do a couple extras like detailed the car & fixed the glove compartment. Note: they sent me the link to add a review for the Buick, not the Volkswagen!

LP
LARRY P.
04/16/2020
Mechanic
Was able to talk directly to the mechanic.

Mitsubishi Montero
03/07/2019
No fault of there's but could have had a better explanation of
Could have had what I wanted done at there shop went to other repair place to have problems fixed

Volvo XC60
10/15/2020
Amount of time needed for service .
You must plan to loose your car for the whole day . Service is good just the amount of time it takes seems to be long . They work with limited staff so this could be what makes the time line for service take longer .

MJ
MC JULLIAN J.
07/07/2020
Communication with Customer
I brought in my car for an oil change and tire rotation at 930am. I asked Emad how long it would take and he replied 30 minutes. 1115am comes around and I still don’t have my car. I ask Emad what’s going on and he finally brings it out front. I let Emad know that I have been in the shop for 2 hours when I was quoted for a 30 minute job. I understand things get hectic but please be considerate of the customers time especially when they’re waiting and you quoted them a certain time. I’ll give them another shot as they are nearby and I like supporting San Francisco businesses.

08/09/2019
Communication skills
The reason I’m giving three stars out of five. It’s mainly the communication. I really appreciate the mechanics really looking into the problem I originally brought my car in for. My car was only supposed to be there for an hour of Inspection. I left my car there early morning about 8am or so because I had work. So I left my car went to work, hours go by and I’m almost out work @ 5pm. Thinking to my self what can possibly take a whole day to look at a squeaky noise coming from my right front and knocking from steering wheel. Not even a phone call to update on anything or to even say that they need my car there for longer because they didn’t really have a chance to look at it. So my car there almost the whole day and not looked at or not even informed about anything. This goes on and on. I appreciate the mechanics that took there time looking into and on top of it found more problems to it. I truly appreciate it. I would go back, but the communication skills need improvement.

Robert H.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Robert said he came in for a pretty simple project and the employees took more time than they needed. He would probably not recommend this business for service for the reason already stated.

AD
ALLAN D.
South San Francisco, CA
07/10/2020
Friendly service
Service was great. Pricing was reasonable. The delay for the replacement parts was the only negative. Otherwise, still satisfied with the results.

SIXTO S.
South San Francisco, CA
06/20/2020
Car failed the Smog Test
Our old, but reliable 1990 Nissan failed to pass the Smog Test. Emad of Sunset motors was able to diagnose and fix the problem and the car passed the Smog re Test

DAVID R.
INFINITI FX45
10/16/2019
Great service and time
I called to have my belts replaced and needed them to do so before end of day n they did what they said at time frame in fact they finished early