02/12/2020
Car Repair
Sunset Garage is a scam garage especially out to take advantage of women; with high prices. The old owner was excellent. He retired. Do not take your car to Sunset Garage, 150 Industrial Way, Brisbane. We ended up paying 4 times more than the initial quote.

Steve is very rude and unprofessional.

DANIAL B.
Chevrolet Spark EV
02/10/2020
Poor communication and upcharged for labor
I was hoping for more after reading the reviews. Total time took over a month to get my car back. I had a rat chew into the brake reservoir on my car and new it needed replaced. I considered ordering the part and replacing it myself since it is easy access and just a few bolts. Resetting the computer warnings would be the issue, plus I have an infant at home. Ironically, the prompt to leave this review is the only communication that I received from them. Dropped it off Jan 16, never got the estimate, found out they were waiting on parts after I called 2 weeks later. Asked for it to be ready by no later than the 10th. They assured me this was an easy job and will be done. I call on the 10th and am given an unclear answer. They call back 2 more times saying they mixed my car with another and it is in fact ready. It was 4 pm so if I wouldn’t have called I wouldn’t have gotten my car. $450 bucks and a month later I get my car back. They kept justifying the time and issues: they fired the lady and that she wrote down that it was my windshield washer reservoir instead of brakes (there was a corner chewed off) and that added to the time... the part had to be shipped directly from Korea because there aren’t any for sale in the US... I just found the part in Carson City NV... I don’t trust them and will be taking my car elsewhere in the future.

Mitsubishi Montero
03/07/2019
No fault of there's but could have had a better explanation of
Could have had what I wanted done at there shop went to other repair place to have problems fixed

08/09/2019
Communication skills
The reason I’m giving three stars out of five. It’s mainly the communication. I really appreciate the mechanics really looking into the problem I originally brought my car in for. My car was only supposed to be there for an hour of Inspection. I left my car there early morning about 8am or so because I had work. So I left my car went to work, hours go by and I’m almost out work @ 5pm. Thinking to my self what can possibly take a whole day to look at a squeaky noise coming from my right front and knocking from steering wheel. Not even a phone call to update on anything or to even say that they need my car there for longer because they didn’t really have a chance to look at it. So my car there almost the whole day and not looked at or not even informed about anything. This goes on and on. I appreciate the mechanics that took there time looking into and on top of it found more problems to it. I truly appreciate it. I would go back, but the communication skills need improvement.

Robert H.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Robert said he came in for a pretty simple project and the employees took more time than they needed. He would probably not recommend this business for service for the reason already stated.

DAVID R.
INFINITI FX45
10/16/2019
Great service and time
I called to have my belts replaced and needed them to do so before end of day n they did what they said at time frame in fact they finished early

LC
LYDIA C.
Dodge Journey
09/11/2019
Closed to my house
I won't be able to write my review for my last visit Monday 9/9/2019, left my car Monday night at 5:30pm and was told need more time as of today my car still there it's going to be there for two days and not fix yet.

BRIAN S.
GMC Safari
08/07/2019
Exhaust manifold bolts .
Super job repairing broken off exhaust manifold bolts for my RV .
Did not know this garage was here , will be bringing all my cars here for service and repairs.
Thanks
Bryan

RV
RICK V.
Saturn SL
07/25/2019
My check engine light wad on , they told me why and I fixed it, one day service

04/12/2019
Consistent Service.
This is a knowledgeable crew. George took great care... I am pleased with the service this year on two different vehicles. There’s new management with a desire to continue to take care...

04/12/2019
Consistent service.
They accepted an after hours tow following a call from the east bay. The services rendered coincided with and exceeded the initial assessment made by the towing company. I have continued my association for the last 12 years due to the reliable results.

Janice M.
Chevrolet Cruze
11/29/2018 Category: Service
Janice said that she recommends them for work, but the waiting room is altogether too cold.
Roy E. from Sunset Garage responded on 12/05/2018

Thank you Ms Janice for your honesty. For next time, We do have a portable heater at the front desk.

AMY B.
Scion xB
11/03/2018
2nd Visit
I’ve grown to love and really trust sunset garage with any maintenance needs. My transmission fluid change today is noticeably different in how my car drives (thank you so much!). I really trust the maintenance suggestions I receive every visit and your fair prices! I also never feel like i’m a “sale” the way you feel leaving most other garages. However, I was a little disappointed this time around with the minimal communication at the front desk. Michael is the nicest, most informative associate as he advised me during my last visit to come in soon to get my transmission fluid changed and was personal and sweet when emailing me back to schedule my appointment this visit. (Unfortunately he wasn’t in for my recent visit.) I did get a very quick brief from the technician regarding whether I knew if my emergency brake was out and that it would be “an easy adjustment.” Im not really even sure what that mean’t but it would have been reassuring if I was informed how urgent it was to get replaced and roughly how much it would cost to do so that way I could get my finances in order and come back much sooner than later. Overall I really love this shop and will keeping coming back for all future services even if I live on the opposite side of the city! You guys are great, and thank you again!
Roy E. from Sunset Garage responded on 11/05/2018

Thank you Amy for your repeat business and for your honesty.

CG
Cecilia G.
Mercedes-Benz E350
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Ed. He said the staff did a good job.
Roy E. from Sunset Garage responded on 10/08/2018

DA
Deepa A.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Phil. He said the service was good.
Roy E. from Sunset Garage responded on 09/25/2018