4.6

Priyam S.
Shippensburg, PA
12/07/2018
Inspection
I visited the team one auto and they were codial and very helpful this time... service was great.

12/07/2018
Inspection
I took a 2 pm appointment... and left my work half hr early ... cause they were adamant they wont take me if i am late... i arrive on time and i see my car is not touched till 3 pm..
There was an arrogant front desk person... not the manager.. he was nice... but this guy seriously needs to know how to run a business... he tells me to take my car elsewhere if this is an issue.. i would never recommend to talk to him for appointments as he doesnt know whAt he is doing... disappointing service
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 12/14/2018

Priyam,
I am Deeply Sorry About Your Experience At my Location This Incident Has Been Addressed With all and I assure you that this is Not The Normal Situation I would Like To Send you a Voucher For Your NExt Full service Oil Change Free On Me

Sinclerly,

GR
Gregory R.
11/03/2018
Great work and wil save you money
Ken has always been able to keep my car on the road at a great price, well qualified mechanics. Pep Boys was not able to diagnose or repair my daughters Volvo, had to take it to a dealer, but later found Ken could have repaired it for less, he has been maintaining my daughters 2000 Volvo and our Lexus's since.

11/03/2018
get it in writing then get a second opinion
I feel the fool for trusting team one, their word is easily broken, they only want your money.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 11/06/2018

Good Afternoon Greg I am Deeply sorry About Your Experience At My Location As You Know I Have Always been Completly Honest With You Please Call Me Or Just Stop By And See Me

Sincerly,
717-458-8545

Sherry W.
Toyota MR2 Spyder
10/24/2017
wait time and lack of customer service
I was in two weeks ago to have an oil change completed. I had a 4:00pm appointment. I had to wait 1 hour 15 minutes to have my car ready to go. I was told that I needed an air filter. They did not tell me that it needed to be ordered causing me to wait longer. If I would have known I had to wait longer, I would have said no to the air filter. I proceeded to schedule an inspection for another vehicle. To avoid me having to wait again, I was told to drop off the car the day prior to get a loaner. When I went in to get the loaner, Ken greeted me and tried to make up for the wait on the oil change by giving me a future oil change for free. I thought this was good customer service in trying to keep me as a customer. I was also appreciative that a loaner car was given until I got into it and it smelled. The next day at 12:30pm, I spoke to Ken. He told me that I needed 3 new tires on my vehicle. It was decided to change all four and keep the good one as a spare if needed. I went to the garage at 5pm to find out that my car hadn't been fitted for tires. I asked Ken how long it would take and he replied 30 minutes. I ended up waiting there for an hour and 45 minutes. I was absolutely outraged after having wait the week prior for an oil change. Ken tried to explain that the tire people were out of stock and had to go to Lancaster to get the tires. That is fine and dandy, but a phone call should have been made to me stating that this occurred and a phone call would be made to me when the car was ready. Extremely poor customer service after trying to rectify a previous error. When I got the itemized bill, it was incorrect and charges were on there that weren't discussed over the phone. They had to refund me money. At this point, I was ready to leap over the counter to deal with the office manager. When I went out to my car, the tire that was to be used as a spare was no where in site. I had to go back in and demand the tire. That was my only night free and I ended up spending it in the garage. Also, an elderly gentleman came in to the garage to drop off his car and asked where to park. The office manager told him to park on the hill when there was a spot out front, which I said that there was one. He said a truck was blocking the space. I told him to move it. His response, "I guess I could do that." He should have been more accommodating to the gentleman. The next day I am driving into work and a light on my dashboard came on. I called the dealership to ask what the light meant. They informed me that it means my tire pressure isn't correct. After I was in there for nearly two hours, I had to reschedule and go back in the next day to have that corrected. This was a very upsetting experience.

10/24/2017
Went for an oil change that took over 1 1/2 hours. Not happy at all!!!!!! Should have been notified if running late.
In regards to recommending to a friend, I don't know. This is the 2nd time out of the past three times there that I have had to wait. Again, my time is valuable like yours. You wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and have to wait an hour and 15 minutes to get your dinner.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/25/2017

Good Morning Sherry I am terribley Sorry that you had an Unpleasent Experience At My Location We Take Pride and Making sure That Our Customers Our Happy I assure you this will not happen again I will Be Mailing you Out a Coupon For Your Next Oil Change On Me (Full Synthetic) Please Except This as My way Of Saying I am Deeply Sorry

717-458-8545

James S.
Harrisburg, PA
Mazda 6
05/21/2016
Reliable Service
I have been taking my car to Team One for years. They always do detailed quality work and beat the competition in price as well. I had my first issues at the Mechanicsburg location about a month ago. The issue was more customer service in nature. The owner of the company contacted me and went over and beyond to resolve the issue. Everyone makes mistakes and I appreciate how it was handled. I still plan to be a loyal customer of Team One.

05/21/2016
Customer Service needs some training
I have been going to Team 1 for years at Harrisburg location and have been very happy with the services. I moved to Mechanicsburg and have not been happy my last few times I came in. I came in yesterday for a basic inspection and oil change. I came to pick up my car and I noticed my form didn't have an oil changed as requested on my drop off form. So I asked the gentleman working the register and he said yes we did chnage the oil. I go out to my car and see the oil change sticker was never changed. I go back in and said something. I went in circles with them trying to figure this out for 35 mins. It is not that hard to figure out. Then they offered me to come in Monday to change my oil. I have a job and already spent the day making ride arrangements for this day and I don't have time to do it again over your shops mess up. Then the manager came out and started telling me all kinds of nonsense that I knew better on. He kept recommending services I just had 2 months ago, like a break fluid flushs and some belt. Then I noticed they never fixed my burnt out headlight. How does a car pass inspection with a burned out headlight??!! Then once I finally leave and get back to work I noticed they charged me incorrectly for my inspection and emmisions and had to drive back to get a partial refund. I will never be coming back again. It was a comeplete mess and a waste of my time!
Jason W. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 06/01/2016

Hello James, I agree you didnt have a very good visit your full refund plus additional we spoke about are on the way, Please Update your reveiw and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit

Judith R.
INFINITI G37 Coupe
12/04/2019
Great communication
I always make Team One my visit for my annual inspection. But, this year I had other problems with a oil leak. I called to speak to one of the mechanics about what was happening. didn't know if they could fix it or if I should return to the dealer. He asked a lot of good questions. I took the car in and they immediately started looking for the leak. Once they found it they called and explained what was going on and what it took to fix it. Within two days they replaced the part, did the inspection and had everything completed. Once again they are my hero.
They are professional, courtious and true mechanics. Once again I would give them 5 stars.

Denton B.

KP
Kris P.
Honda Accord Coupe
12/03/2019
Honest and helpful, I will go again.
I replaced my front tires, they gave all available options and helped to fix faster than expected.

BA
Balaji A.
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Balaji said this business's service was good, he had an oil change done, paid $60 and thought the prices were really high. He also said he wanted to use an oil that allowed him to drive more miles between oil changes and they would not allow it.

Theresa S.
New Cumberland, PA
12/02/2019
satisfied customer
I was pleased with the service my car received at this visit. the pricing was fair and time allotted was good. I like that you point out potential future problems that I can address before they become a problem. I will continue to be a satisfied customer.

BZ
Barbara Z.
11/26/2019
As always they are always ready to accommodate when you need them. The service is great and they don't make you wait forever. I would recommend them highly. you won't be disappointed.

David B.
Camp Hill, PA
11/22/2019
Very satisfied
Great service, good communication on what was being done as well as options. Work was done fast and completely at a reasonable price.

RY
Ronald Y.
Chrysler Sebring
11/13/2019
Oil light coming on at idle speed.
They diagnosed the problem and replaced the oil pressure sending unit. However, this did not solve the problem. After several other attempts to solve the problem and measuring the actual oil pressures, they determined that the new replacement oil sending unit must be defective. They replaced the sending unit again and solved the problem. They spent a great deal of time and effort but only charged me for the initial replacement of the oil sending unit.
THANKS Great job!!!!!

RD
Rebecca D.
Dover, PA
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Rebecca's husband. He said the staff provided great service and they explained everything.

Rohan G.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Rohan said he had no trouble during his appointment and everything went smooth.

Chevrolet Colorado
11/05/2019
Team 1 Mechanicsburg
This got to be the Best auto shop in PA. Great Service. Great Mechanics. They do it right!

Maryanne C.
Pennsylvania
Lexus GX 470
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Maryanne said the staff were friendly, accommodating, and explained everything.

James F.
Harrisburg, PA
10/29/2019
Staff went xtra mile
Needed bulb for inspection but I told mechanic it worked for me. He cleaned contacts instead of replacing, saving me $.

Jeremy F.
10/27/2019
Pretty bummed but appreciative at the same time.
I’m a bit bummed. Team1 replaced my transmission in January, 2019. At the time I was told that a rebuilt transmission was being installed. It went bad last week so I took the car in. Come to find out, it was a used transmission that they installed with no warranty or guarantee.

Fortunately the owner made good on it, as the paperwork says there’s a 1-year/12K warranty on work. That said, when the owner called me about the issue with the used transmission, he asked me if I’d help pay toward the cost of the replacement (using another used transmission) to the tune of $500.

I don’t understand the whole thing. If I’m being told I’m getting a rebuild, why did I get a used transmission? And then, once the used one went bad, why is it even a consideration that I contribute to a problem I didn’t create?

I am grateful, sure, but this whole experience stung quite a bit, and now I have a used transmission with 167K miles on it in my car. I have no idea how long it will last, and there is no warranty or guarantee past December, 2019. I only hope it lasts.

PS - all my other reviews for this company were glowing, but I can’t do better with this one. Sorry.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/30/2019

Mr. Freeland, I appologize you thought you received a rebuilt transmission that was a previous manager and I cannot attest as to what he told you, but by looking at the receipt you presented to me for the warranty it was an Used AutoMatic Transmission. Used Parts typically have a 30 day parts warranty only unless the failure would be because a faulty installation or we purchase an additional warranty from the salvage yard in this case that was not done.. Even then the salvage yard would handle the warranty as we dont gaurantee a used part. With that said, I understood what was communicated to you and I stood behind it. It's an uncomfortable situation that I took full responsibility for, at my own expense because a salvage yard's used transmission failed after 11 months... I know you have received excellent service in the past and I will continue to provide going forward as well.. I hope the Van is running GREAT, The guys said that the new transmission shifted great and drove nicely. Please reach out to me at jason@t1ag.com if there is anything else I can do...

BF
Brenda F.
10/26/2019
Amazing team
I have used the shop in the past with mixed results. Probably for the last three years or so. They did seem to have some personal issues but my visit this past week was entirely different. Things have been changed and existing problems have been cleaned up. They saved my 1984 Chevy Silverado truck by doing some creative and ingenious out of the box remedies to save this old boy from literally going to the dump heap. Their willingness to help me solve this problem and save this truck was nothing more than miraculous. This will be my auto repair shop going forward, for both my truck and my Toyota Highlander. Thank you guys for working with me so diligently.

KW
Kenneth W.
10/20/2019
Outstanding service
This was my first time at Team One and I can’t say enough great things. Nathan was extremely courteous and helpful. I will definitely be getting all my auto service work done here going forward!
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/22/2019

Thank you very much for the kind words and your business!! We are thrilled to have you with us and look forward to seeing you next time!!