4.6

Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

Jeremy F.
10/27/2019
Pretty bummed but appreciative at the same time.
I’m a bit bummed. Team1 replaced my transmission in January, 2019. At the time I was told that a rebuilt transmission was being installed. It went bad last week so I took the car in. Come to find out, it was a used transmission that they installed with no warranty or guarantee.

Fortunately the owner made good on it, as the paperwork says there’s a 1-year/12K warranty on work. That said, when the owner called me about the issue with the used transmission, he asked me if I’d help pay toward the cost of the replacement (using another used transmission) to the tune of $500.

I don’t understand the whole thing. If I’m being told I’m getting a rebuild, why did I get a used transmission? And then, once the used one went bad, why is it even a consideration that I contribute to a problem I didn’t create?

I am grateful, sure, but this whole experience stung quite a bit, and now I have a used transmission with 167K miles on it in my car. I have no idea how long it will last, and there is no warranty or guarantee past December, 2019. I only hope it lasts.

PS - all my other reviews for this company were glowing, but I can’t do better with this one. Sorry.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/30/2019

Mr. Freeland, I appologize you thought you received a rebuilt transmission that was a previous manager and I cannot attest as to what he told you, but by looking at the receipt you presented to me for the warranty it was an Used AutoMatic Transmission. Used Parts typically have a 30 day parts warranty only unless the failure would be because a faulty installation or we purchase an additional warranty from the salvage yard in this case that was not done.. Even then the salvage yard would handle the warranty as we dont gaurantee a used part. With that said, I understood what was communicated to you and I stood behind it. It's an uncomfortable situation that I took full responsibility for, at my own expense because a salvage yard's used transmission failed after 11 months... I know you have received excellent service in the past and I will continue to provide going forward as well.. I hope the Van is running GREAT, The guys said that the new transmission shifted great and drove nicely. Please reach out to me at jason@t1ag.com if there is anything else I can do...

Md R.
09/04/2019
Oil change and inspection for Toyota
Informed them to do oil change and if it possible to pass the inspection them do that otherwise don’t do that. Gary told don’t play with us. I told him, during the oil change you can recommend to fix and let me know if it will inspection fail or pass. Again don’t do if any chance to fail.
Jason W. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 09/09/2019

I am very sorry you feel this way, I am Jason (The Owner) and I spoke with you personally at the front counter and explained that Pennsylvania Inspection Laws require us to Inspect as Presented, in which case the vehicle must either be inspected & Stickered or Failed but we cannot legally complete an inspection without documenting our results, as well as an inspection takes additional time to complete as well.. Although our typical Courtesy Inspection with an oil change is thourough we do not do all the required inspection measurements. Hope this explanation helps you understand.. Have a Great Day

Scott M.
07/13/2019
Padding the bill
They quoted one price, but the actual final price was over $100 more than expected to be.

NV
Naman V.
Volkswagen GTI
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Naman said that he had some problems with his vehicle so he brought it into this business. He had a third party warranty what was giving him coverage, but since the warranty office was closed, they had to keep his vehicle overnight. They told him that they could not work on his vehicle until speaking with the warranty office, but they still charged him for a diagnosis fee, even though they could not tell him what was the problem. The faclity that he bought the vehicle from ended up towing his vehicle to their own mechanic. He is not even sure if this business even did a diagnostic, yet he was still charged for it, regardless.

PS
Priyam S.
Shippensburg, PA
12/07/2018
Inspection
I visited the team one auto and they were codial and very helpful this time... service was great.

12/07/2018
Inspection
I took a 2 pm appointment... and left my work half hr early ... cause they were adamant they wont take me if i am late... i arrive on time and i see my car is not touched till 3 pm..
There was an arrogant front desk person... not the manager.. he was nice... but this guy seriously needs to know how to run a business... he tells me to take my car elsewhere if this is an issue.. i would never recommend to talk to him for appointments as he doesnt know whAt he is doing... disappointing service
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 12/14/2018

Priyam,
I am Deeply Sorry About Your Experience At my Location This Incident Has Been Addressed With all and I assure you that this is Not The Normal Situation I would Like To Send you a Voucher For Your NExt Full service Oil Change Free On Me

Sinclerly,

GR
Gregory R.
11/03/2018
Great work and wil save you money
Ken has always been able to keep my car on the road at a great price, well qualified mechanics. Pep Boys was not able to diagnose or repair my daughters Volvo, had to take it to a dealer, but later found Ken could have repaired it for less, he has been maintaining my daughters 2000 Volvo and our Lexus's since.

11/03/2018
get it in writing then get a second opinion
I feel the fool for trusting team one, their word is easily broken, they only want your money.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 11/06/2018

Good Afternoon Greg I am Deeply sorry About Your Experience At My Location As You Know I Have Always been Completly Honest With You Please Call Me Or Just Stop By And See Me

Sincerly,

MT
Michael T.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Michael said, this business has poor communication.

YC
Young C.
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Young said he wasn't satisfied with the staff's unkindness and he never felt welcomed. His vehicle was having problems and he spent a lot of money. He was told his vehicle would be ready the same day but it took a couple of days instead. Nobody called him to inform him about the additional damages until the job was done. He would have appreciated if he was treated fairly and like every other customer.

PB
Pathikkumar B.
Toyota Yaris
05/20/2018
Not good
This time service was not proper, technician broke wheel cover, but not even informed to me, i found it in inside in trunk today.

Evem I asked for break light bulb change, they did not even che k at all.

I will meet them soon.

WH
William H.
New Cumberland, PA
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
12/22/2017 Category: Service
William said this was the worst experience he has ever had. The staff had his vehicle for a month and they did not call him at all. He had to call them. After the repairs he had to take his vehicle back to the business 3 or 4 times because the check engine light was still on. Ken was a nice guy but he will never go back to this business for service. He was very disappointed with the service he received at this business.

KW
Kenneth W.
New Kingstown, PA
10/30/2017
Not happy
I had my wife bring the truck in for inspection and was told that a rear shock was leaking and failed inspection. Was also told that the front shocks passed but would not last long. I replaced all 4 shocks and found the rear shocks to be fine. No leakage, and worked fine. I will not be back to your facility, and will tell others of my experience.

Sherry W.
Toyota MR2 Spyder
10/24/2017
wait time and lack of customer service
I was in two weeks ago to have an oil change completed. I had a 4:00pm appointment. I had to wait 1 hour 15 minutes to have my car ready to go. I was told that I needed an air filter. They did not tell me that it needed to be ordered causing me to wait longer. If I would have known I had to wait longer, I would have said no to the air filter. I proceeded to schedule an inspection for another vehicle. To avoid me having to wait again, I was told to drop off the car the day prior to get a loaner. When I went in to get the loaner, Ken greeted me and tried to make up for the wait on the oil change by giving me a future oil change for free. I thought this was good customer service in trying to keep me as a customer. I was also appreciative that a loaner car was given until I got into it and it smelled. The next day at 12:30pm, I spoke to Ken. He told me that I needed 3 new tires on my vehicle. It was decided to change all four and keep the good one as a spare if needed. I went to the garage at 5pm to find out that my car hadn't been fitted for tires. I asked Ken how long it would take and he replied 30 minutes. I ended up waiting there for an hour and 45 minutes. I was absolutely outraged after having wait the week prior for an oil change. Ken tried to explain that the tire people were out of stock and had to go to Lancaster to get the tires. That is fine and dandy, but a phone call should have been made to me stating that this occurred and a phone call would be made to me when the car was ready. Extremely poor customer service after trying to rectify a previous error. When I got the itemized bill, it was incorrect and charges were on there that weren't discussed over the phone. They had to refund me money. At this point, I was ready to leap over the counter to deal with the office manager. When I went out to my car, the tire that was to be used as a spare was no where in site. I had to go back in and demand the tire. That was my only night free and I ended up spending it in the garage. Also, an elderly gentleman came in to the garage to drop off his car and asked where to park. The office manager told him to park on the hill when there was a spot out front, which I said that there was one. He said a truck was blocking the space. I told him to move it. His response, "I guess I could do that." He should have been more accommodating to the gentleman. The next day I am driving into work and a light on my dashboard came on. I called the dealership to ask what the light meant. They informed me that it means my tire pressure isn't correct. After I was in there for nearly two hours, I had to reschedule and go back in the next day to have that corrected. This was a very upsetting experience.

10/24/2017
Went for an oil change that took over 1 1/2 hours. Not happy at all!!!!!! Should have been notified if running late.
In regards to recommending to a friend, I don't know. This is the 2nd time out of the past three times there that I have had to wait. Again, my time is valuable like yours. You wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and have to wait an hour and 15 minutes to get your dinner.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/25/2017

Good Morning Sherry I am terribley Sorry that you had an Unpleasent Experience At My Location We Take Pride and Making sure That Our Customers Our Happy I assure you this will not happen again I will Be Mailing you Out a Coupon For Your Next Oil Change On Me (Full Synthetic) Please Except This as My way Of Saying I am Deeply Sorry

David S.
Harrisburg, PA
Chrysler Pacifica
10/01/2017
Need a little faster service
Brought my car in at 8:00am didn't get it back until 1:00pm. Just to get my turn signal fix & break light... Next question said how about recommended somebody see you at my next visit

James R.
Harrisburg, PA
Volvo 960
09/19/2017
Volvo 960
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you on this - uber busy w/new job/dealing w/my ex & kids. Went to see Ken & crew on a recommendation from the folk @ my work, & because David Russell who had worked on my vehicles for years said he could no longer do it. To be fair, I did give Ken a rather extensive list of things that needed to be done, however, not all of them were done, or for that matter even addressed. Since it's late, and I don't have my original list, allow me to just address a couple areas of concern I can remember: A. The noise in my steering - this was on my list, not fixed, or even addressed. B. The noise in my suspension - also not fixed, but, I was told it was settling, because the car sat around for several days...what?!? It was on my list, & I had been driving the car every day for over a year since I bought it...C. Windows/Sunroof - I had on my list to check the operation of the windows/sunroof, as the windows were S L O W, & the roof noisy. Well, the windows weren't even addressed, & they told me the motor was going in the roof - what they did not tell me, is that by checking out the roof, it loosened up enough material in the ceiling of my vehicle to probably fill a small stuffed animal @ Build A Bear. D. - lights. On my list was to ck. & hopefully repair the dome light in my car - it's not been working for a long time, and a source of annoyance for both my kids and I. Well, Ken said that it was fixed - they threw a couple bulbs in & we were good to go...unfortunately, it's still not working. When I initially asked Ken about it he had said some moisture probably got in the light, then he told me they must have forgotten to put the bulbs in...& speaking of lights, they didn't even reset my service indicator light - hopefully they did the 140k which included the service (oil change)...aargh...just a bit frustrating when I have worked for two dealerships, O'Donnell Acura that used to be on the pike, & Klick Lewis in Palmyra. Lastly for this eve., I had called Ken on a belt (or something) making noise in my dash a couple of days after I picked my vehicle up. It had stopped, but, now was back w/a vengence. This is one of the areas that was checked (I believe) when the ac comp. was checked. Also, I am getting a rattling over certain road surfaces from the rear of my car where the gas tank was dropped. Next time, I'm considering taking it to my Nephew's place, Cumberland Valley Motor Cars...

KZ
Kenneth Z.
GMC Terrain
09/09/2017
The review says it all
Tire were to be rotated, all indications tell me they were not. Tires were to be inflated to 35psi but they were not. I hope the oil was changed. the state inspection was done.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 09/09/2017

I am Terribly Sorry That You Did Not have a Great Service Visit To Our Mechanicsburg Location I personally Strive to Make Every Customer That Visits a pleasent One. I have Spoke to The Technician and He remembers your 2016 GMC Terrain and He remembers Changing the Oil And Rotating the Tires When He Did You State Inspection. If You Feel they Were Not Rotated I will Be Happy to ReRotate them At your Convenience.As For the Tire Pressure They Should have been Set to the Tire Pressure On the Door Again I Am Deeply sorry And For your Inconvenience I am Mailing you A Voucher For A Free Oil and Filter Change With Tire Rotation