Stephen M.
Chevrolet Blazer
04/16/2013 Category: Service
Stephen said he specifically brought his vehicle in to this business to get his oil pressure looked at. He mentioned when this business checked his vehicle they only looked at the engine and they decided not to check anything else.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 05/08/2013
Hi Stephen, believe me, I understand your frustration and I’m sorry you had to go through what you did, but in the end it does sound like you came out ok. Indeed, Stephen brought in his vehicle concerned about an oil pressure issue and a knocking noise the engine was making. He was also concerned about a number of other secondary issues that were worrying him given that he had just purchased the vehicle the day prior. During our inspection we did discover major engine troubles which the seller apparently was trying to cover up by adding excessive oil, which we drained and topped off to the correct level and while doing so found a large amount of metal debris in the oil and also discovered evidence of recent and very sloppy repairs. Furthermore we did, albeit at no extra cost look at some other concerns Stephen had including worn out shocks, major engine, transmission, and even differential leaks, not to mention the Check Engine and ABS light’s ON with a number of various codes. It became clear that Stephen had purchased a vehicle with some major troubles. Clearly this vehicle had some major and expensive issues that would need immediate attention. Well, as you might imagine Stephen was not thrilled with this news and was seeking ways to justify his purchase and to figure out what to do about all of the problems this vehicle had. Given that Stephen had just purchased the vehicle the day prior I suggested that he first call the police to learn about his rights in the situation and then simply call the individual he purchased the vehicle from and ask to return it for a refund. I never heard back from Stephen until I learned that he added a review and was quite taken back when I saw that he rated our service with only 1 star, so I called Stephen to find out why, and he said because we didn’t look at all the things he wanted us to so he wasn’t happy with the service we provided, however Stephen did also say that he was able to return the vehicle to the seller and get his money back, which in my book was the best thing that could have happened, and thank goodness or else it would have cost him thousands of dollars to fix it. We spent about an hour and half inspecting Stephen’s vehicle and helping Stephen with a resolution that ultimately allowed him to get his money back. We only charged Stephen $45.00 for all of this and in return we get a very unfavorable review which I really can’t understand, particularly when I and my crew “did address the issue he paid for” and we went out of our way to help save Stephen from a very bad situation. I do however understand that purchasing a vehicle can be a very stressful time, particularly when you feel like you’ve been taken, therefore I always recommend investing in a Pre-Purchase Inspection. It’s only $89.95 and it will uncover the types of issues that Stephen faced and catch them prior to committing to the purchase saving you all of that stress and giving you more confidence in your next vehicle purchasing decision. Stephen I’m sorry you feel that we let you down, but I believe that even though you may not recognize it now, we ultimately saved you a lot of money and aggravation with the vehicle you almost but thankfully did not end up purchasing. Sincerely, Mark Johnson

MY
Michelle Y.
09/14/2011 Category: Service
Michelle said when they couldn't get a hold of her, they left her vehicle there on the lot. Her vehicle was broken into and her tires were slashed. They also charged her $170 because they could not get her spare tires off and an additional $20 because there was no gas in her vehicle. Her wallet with her and her kids' social security cards were also stolen because they left the window rolled down. She had to drive with no driver's license to Oregon. They told her they couldn't help her out and it was not their fault. She said she does not want anything to do with them. It would be nice if they could refund some of her money.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 10/03/2011
NOTE: This review contains false statements and is under management review.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 10/09/2011
This is probably one of the strangest customer and customer's ex-boyfriend encounters I've ever experienced. Michelle brought in her vehicle because of a stalling problem. We diagnosed the problem, Michelle agreed to the repairs, so we preformed the repairs, and then called Michelle to let her know that her vehicle was ready for pick up, where she then told us that she didn't have the money for the repairs and was looking for ways to get the money and would get back to us. Three weeks later Michelle finally picked up her vehicle during which time the Police were involved, her ex-boyfriend visited the shop a number of times and even offered to pay, but with a Post-Dated check, which thankfully we declined. There was an apparent tire slashed and wallet stolen which Michelle accused her ex-boyfriend of, to which there is a Police report in which Michelle, is fully aware of. The fact that Michelle could not give us an address for our records and the idea of a post-dated check from her ex-boyfriend and the fact that we didn't even have a phone number for Michelle (only her daughters number) suggests that Michelle may have been hoping that we would have taken the post-dated check allowing her to get her vehicle but then never to see her, her ex-boyfriend or the money for the repairs ever again. I only imply this because it was three weeks after the post-dated check was offered that Michelle picked up her vehicle, and according to her ex-boyfriend the post-dated check was supposed to be good the next day. Well, clearly had that been the case Michelle could have picked up her vehicle 2 1/2 weeks earlier. I think Michelle is upset that she could not get away with stiffing us for the repairs and then taking off to Oregon never to be found. Sorry to say, but this is my take on the circumstances given the events that unfolded. As for the $170.00, that was because we had to buy and install 1 new tire because her spare tire screw mechanism was broken and the $20.00 in gas was because she brought her vehicle in on empty and we needed gas in it to perform our testing and repairs, which she agreed to on both accounts. We could have charged Michelle storage for the three weeks, but we didn't. It seemed like she was in need of some help so we tried helping where we could. Perhaps we'll never really know the true intentions of this strange encounter, but in my 30 plus years in the automotive repair industry this is the strangest interaction by far.

Bryan B.
09/13/2011 Category: Service
Bryan said that they gave him an initial estimate and put his vehicle up on the rack to start the testing, then while his vehicle was being tested they told him that their initial estimate was wrong. He asked if his vehicle was alright and they told him that it was fine and it was passing all the tests. They said they urged him to sign the paperwork for the new estimate. After he signed the paperwork they told him his vehicle did not pass the tests and he would have to pay another $80 for the diagnostic. He said that this business robbed him and he would not recommend them to others for the above reasons.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 10/03/2011
NOTE: This review contains false statements and is under management review.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 10/09/2011
First of all Bryan, I truly want to say I am very sorry that you feel that you've been robbed, and I do fully understand why. I agree that the original $49.95 estimate was incorrect. Bryan's vehicle is older than 1996 models and requires an additional state mandated evaporative test that does add $25.00 to the overall Smog Test cost. The original estimate was quoted without knowing the year of Bryan's vehicle, however once the year of Bryan's vehicle was known there was a revision to the estimate which Bryan agreed to before any testing was done or costs incurred, so there really shouldn't have been any problem up to this point. Because Bryan did okay moving forward with the smog test, we proceeded and indeed the evaporative test did pass okay to which Bryan was constantly inquiring as to the status of the test results, however in the final stages of the Smog Test his vehicle did fail due to high NOX emissions, which of course we cannot control. At this stage Bryan was upset that his car failed and claimed that had he taken it to a friend of his it would have passed, so he wished that he hadn't wasted $65.00 with us to only inform him that his car failed and that further diagnostics would be needed to determine the cause of the high NOX emissions which involves $70.00 in diagnostic costs. At the time Bryan appeared understanding, but apparently not, so for this I can only apologize and say that failing a smog test is never a pleasant experience, and from this experience we are now more diligent in asking the year of the vehicle before quoting a Smog Test cost.

Scott S.
06/13/2014 Category: Service
Scott said he was told the overall price of service would be $70. But when he looked at the receipt it showed an additional $27. He is upset and feels that the $27 was not justified. Due to the bill discrepancy, he does not recommend this business.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 06/26/2014

Scott,
Thank you for taking my call regarding your review. I understand that you would like to have a rescore request because this was not your intention. Sure Critic will be contacting you in the next day or so to talk to you.
Thank you again for your time and look forward to working with you soon.
Regards, Mark

JZ
Jose Z.
California
Mercedes-Benz C320
11/14/2013 Category: Service
Jose said he wasn't kept updated on the repairs. They would never call him back and he would always have to call them. He would not recommend this business to others for the reasons mentioned.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 11/28/2013

Hi Jose, first off I would like to apologize for the poor communication regarding the status of your vehicle during your last visit. We were having trouble recreating the intermittent rough running problem that you were experiencing, and when we first spoke on the phone about your vehicle being towed in and the troubles you were having, I got the impression that we had some time to diagnose an intermittent issue that you were experiencing. After three days of testing and trying to experience the condition you were asking us to look into, you did call for an update to which we further discussed again the troubles you were having and we decided to spend another couple days trying again to recreate the concern and still couldn't find anything wrong, and again you called for another update, and this call I did sense some frustration and you then decided to pick up the car which was fine of course. Therefore, to help we only charged $35, half our normal diagnostic fee, and asked to be informed if you had further troubles and if so we'd investigate further. A few days later I called to see how your car was doing and was happy to hear that it was running fine which of course is great news. I am sincerely sorry for your displeasure with us and I assure you I have certainly learned that I should be more attentive in these types of situations and call more frequently with updates. Hope you choose to try us again sometime Jose and I assure you, you will receive a better experience. Sincerely Mark Johnson and The Care Shop Team

CR
Cynthia R.
Mazda CX-7
11/18/2014 Category: Service
Cynthia said they could not find out what was wrong with her vehicle. She paid $90 for one diagnostic but they wanted to do more testing.

Mark G.
Walnut, CA
07/19/2014 Category: Service
Mark said the business took an hour and a half to do a smog check compared to 15 minutes at another comparable business. He would not recommend this facility for service due to this.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 07/24/2014

Hi Mark, I agree with you that the Smog Test took a bit longer than it normally should, however your car is a 1985 vehicle, which requires an additional test called an EVAP test that by itself takes 15-30 minutes depending on the model of the vehicle, so a 15-minute Smog test on pre 1996 vehicles is very un-realistic. In addition to that, your car has over 300,000 miles and through the years repairs had been done that required additional inspection time such as checking the catalytic converter part numbers and so forth. My suspicion is that you are most upset with us because your car wound up failing the Smog test, which of course we have no control over. I did however spend a good deal of time discussing with you some options available to help you get your car back to a place where it could potentially pass so I thought we were okay, but I guess not. Again, I am sorry it took longer than expected, and I am sorry that your car did not pass the Smog test, and I can only hope that you will give us another try in the future. Sincerely, Mark Johnson, The Care Shop.

Marcas M.
Pomona, CA
Cadillac Eldorado
12/17/2013 Category: Service
Marcas said the service advisor raised the price after the initial estimate. When he went to pick the vehicle up, the gear shift was not put back together.
Mark J. from The Care Shop responded on 12/27/2013

Hi Marcas, I would like to personally apologize for both concerns. Indeed, there was a price change from the initial estimate once we had gotten further into the initial repair and after looking into an additional repair request. However, I felt that we had discussed the various repair options and additional costs, which we had agreed to prior to us performing the repairs, so I thought we were okay there. As far as the Gear Shift being left apart all I can say is yes, we did forget to put some trim pieces together around the center console area, which we promptly did while you were waiting to pick up your car. I do realize that it took about 15-20 minutes to get the trim pieces back together and it seems to have caused you to be late for an appointment to which I am sincerely sorry. I can only hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and I assure you we will do a better job on both accounts. Sincerely, Mark Johnson.

Rudy C.
Ontario, CA
07/15/2013
Poor Final quality check
Great work, however must check before leaving shop. 3 out of 5 times that I had my vehicles serviced something was left loose, unplugged or poorly adjusted.

Jean W.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
06/26/2013 Category: Service
Jean said she was treated very well. She said she was not mistreated or cheated because she is a woman.

Lu S.
06/23/2012 Category: Service
Lu said that this business did a decent job and that he had no complaints.

Audrey B.
Pomona, CA
Buick LeSabre
04/16/2021
Rose and Mark's interaction with their clients.
In addition to good work, Mark and Rose are always very pleasant and courteous. I always appreciate having my questions answered with sincerity as well as what the problems are or might be and what to expect in time as well as cost.

BR
Bryan R.
Ontario, CA
INFINITI M37
12/24/2020 Category: Service
Bryan said he was happy with everything with the exception that they had his vehicle a lot longer then he anticipated. He appreciates them and recommends them.

SR
Sylvester/Bob R.
Chino, CA
Buick Verano
07/18/2020
Good service for car
Good rating fair prices good repair

AR
Amos R R.
Chino, CA
Nissan Titan
01/22/2020
Service was good
It took longer than I expected . Longer than the other time I was there. Other than that the service was good.