Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
11/21/2018
Very Dissappoined
I was charged $120 to tow my truck 2 miles to the shop. I never before was charged to tow to a shop where work was being done. This was not communicated to me beforehand. The cost was significantly higher than the price quoted from a Toyota dealership. I will not use them anymore.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/05/2018

We are sorry you feel that way.  Towing companys make money towing that is why they are in business.  AAA and other road side assistance menbership programs are there for you to purchase.

CL
C L.
Jamesburg, NJ
06/12/2018
Too expensive & not clean repair job
I am a first time customer and also the last time customer at the Three Star Auto Service. For replacing a small part, less then $40, Christ charged me 6 times of the part cost with an invoice without hours and hourly rate. So expensive!
The repair job was not clean. My CD box cover in the trunk was removed to under the driver seat and not returned to the original place. My trunk was a mess after the repair.
In addition, Chris quoted me $115 for oil change - the most expensive oil change quotation I ever received.
On Tue., 6/12/2018, the owner of the Three Star Auto Service, Inc. Lew called me and admitted the facts stated above, then said:"There are more positive reviews about our repair service. Your review doesn't count."
No wonder, why my friends living in Monroe for more than 10 years have not recommend me the repair services of the Three Star Auto Service, Inc.
I will also not recommend any customer and any friend the Three Star Auto Service.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 06/12/2018

Carin,
To reiterate my phone call to you this morning, the repairs made to your Mercedes electrical system where involved and detailed, therefore, took time to diagnosis and repair.  You were given an estimate before the repairs were started and you gave approval to move forward.  Please feel free to call me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

CL
C L.
Jamesburg, NJ
06/11/2018
Too expensive and not clean repair job
No wonder, why my friends living in Monroe for more than 10 years not recommend me the repair services of the Three Star Auto Service.

JOANNE M.
Nissan Rogue
08/07/2019
Just moved here from NY and shocked that I was charged almost $70 for an oil change! Other than that, a nice and professional place but I will be getting my oil changed elsewhere.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/18/2019

My apology for your disappointment Joanne.  Nissan's recommended oil for your vehicle is 0/20 full synthetic.  Being that your vehicle is new and still under manufacturers warranty I would not recommend using a lesser quality or grade oil.  Our oils meet or exceed manufactures specifications so it may cost more then shops that don't use a good quality oil and or oil filter.  Being that the oil is the life blood of your engine it would be wise not to skimp.

JN
JOHN N.
Acura 3.5RL
04/04/2019
Last service
Attn Chris,
The steering shake and flapping sound persists at 50+ mph. Need to bring her in early next week.
Thx /john
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 04/09/2019

Hi John, just bring it in and we will go for a ride to see what your feeling.

Honda Civic Si
01/16/2019
Car Repair
I think the service was very good but expensive.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 01/17/2019

Thank you Nandita for all your patronage over the years.  I do realize that auto repairs can be expensive.  And there are many reasons for that. But I do feel confident that our pricing is very fair. Diagnosing and repairing your vehicles check engine lamp problem with a minimal charge of only 1 hour was very reasonable.

PG
Parameswa G.
Plainsboro, NJ
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Parameswa said the service was good. However, the facility replaced a part that he thought was unnecessary.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/14/2018

Mr. G.,
The car accident you had severely damaged the right side of your vehicle (blown-out tire, bent rim, bent control arm beyond repair).  As stated & shown to you, the vehicle was not able to be put back into allignment without replacement of those parts.  The alignment machine is accurate.  We advised you of needed repairs, and ultimately it is your choice whether to have repairs made or not.  The parts replaced were necesssay to put your vehicle back into safe driving condition.  Please be assured we only changed what was necessary.

JOE G.
07/23/2019
Fixed problem. No up-sell. Great job @ fair price.
My wife and I just moved into GBMonroe and asked neighbors about servicing our cars. 2 or 3 recommended 3 STAR - the word “honest” came up more than once. So we took our Honda in for a shimmy fix this Monday - realignment fixed problem - drives great. We’re bringing our other car in for service next week.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 08/01/2019

Thank you very much for your review and your trust in us.  Welcome to Monroe!  Been here for 40 years.  Word of mouth is our greatest compliment.

RK
RAJEEV K.
Lexus HS 250h
06/22/2019
Good Service
Chris and Lew run the shop with excellent customer service.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 07/02/2019

Thank you very much.  As you know, Chris is one of my best.  Appreciate your loyalty with us.

Denise L.
Nissan Maxima
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Denise said the staff are experts at what they do and she is always satisfied. She also wanted to mention they are very professional.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 05/24/2019

Thank you!  Customer Service is our goal.  Happy to know you were satisifed with our professionalism.

Chrysler Pacifica
03/25/2019
satisfaction
I am happy with the service
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 04/03/2019

Thank you very much.  Appreciate your kind review.

NB
NATASHA B.
Plainsboro, NJ
02/13/2019
Tire change
Friendly staff, absolutely would go back. I would give 5 stars if they would’ve went extra mile for the costumer, and came to get bad tire so we could’ve avoid towing and fees.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 04/03/2019

Thank you for your review. Now that you became a customer you are intitled to our free road side assistance for one year. If needed give us a call and we will walk you though the process.

GS
GAIL S.
Honda Civic Coupe
01/09/2019
Good Service
Very good friendly honest Mechanics.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 02/07/2019

Thank you!  Appreciate your trust in us.

RYAN M.
Howell, NJ
Ford Expedition
12/17/2018
Trust worthy, honest, fair pricing.
I have had three experiences with 3 star. Uti tire replacement with tire rack, expedition air conditioning replacement and expedition tire and alignment. They are accommodating and honest and always busy. Pricing is fair and their work is good. My only knock is that they are busy and may be taking on more work than they can handle, would recommend estimates on time to finish a job to be closer to actual so I could plan rides.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/24/2018

Thanks Ryan for taking your time to review us.  I will be the first to admit that we are sometimes very busy, but I would not want it any other way. Take it as a possitive, you wouldn't want to bring your car somewhere that was starving for work.

JOHN D.
Mercury Sable
12/13/2018
service was very good
service was very good
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/24/2018

Thank you John for the review. We appreciate your business.

PR
PIERRE R.
11/25/2018
Busy
It seems to be getting very busy there. It took a full week to get an appointment for an oil change. Even then the car was not ready for pickup until after 6:30 P.M., even though we brought in the night before. You found items that should be repaired, but was too busy and it was too late in the day for you to give us an estimate of what it may cost. Lot was so full, it was difficult to find a spot to park the car. Glad your business is doing so well, but hope service doesn't take so long in the future.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/05/2018

Hello Pierre,  thank you for your feedback.  Being a busy shop would be a good sign you are coming to the right place ;).  We will strive to make it better for all.

MARK B.
11/04/2018
CONVENIENT, NICE FOLKS, GOOD WORK
CONVENIENT, NICE FOLKS, GOOD WORK
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 12/04/2018

Thank you for your review!  Glad you are satisfied with Three Star!

LI
LOUIS I.
10/07/2018
Lou
I trust your work exspensive but good
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 10/15/2018

Thank you for your review. Glad you are satisfied with our service.

EZ
Edward Z.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
10/06/2018 Category: Service
Edward said he had to wait for his service. The business was busy.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 10/28/2018

We are sorry you had to wait.  Yes we are a very busy business and we hope you understand that means a lot of our customers trust in us and know we provide the best service for their vehicles.

09/29/2018
Things are handled quickly and efficiently.
If necessary, they pick you up and drop you off. There staff is skilled. Their prices appear reasonable.
Lew P., OWNER from Three Star Auto Service Inc responded on 09/30/2018

Thank you!  Appreciate your taking the time to give us a review and are glad to know you are happy with our service and pricing.