Tom Williams Collision Center

AU
Ashley U.
Crane Hill, AL
01/22/2019
DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!!
DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!
I brought my LX 570 to Tom Williams Collision for one reason and that was because I wanted the job done right! And boy do I regret it! I hit a deer and had some basic paint that needed to be repaired along with the front view camera being knocked out. They had my vehicle for over two weeks. When I was told that it was ready, I drove an hour to Birmingham to pick it up. When I got there and loaded up my belongings the gate wouldn't close, which wasn't a problem I had when I took my car there. I get in the car and sonar sensors are going off, also a problem I didn't have when I took the vehicle there. Before I went in to have these issues addressed, I decided to walk around the vehicle to make sure everything was done (which someone should have done with me when I got there). As I walked around the vehicle, I noticed one of the major spots on the hood that was supposed to be fixed hadn't even been addressed!! I was not compensated in any way, not even an apology. I was given another rental that was supposed to be on Tom Williams dime only to find out that they filed a supplemental claim with my insurance for reimbursement. Since the issue on the hood wasn't addressed the first time, my insurance company then decided it wasn't caused by the deer and we had to file another claim. Phone calls to the 'Collision Advisor' and the general manager went unanswered and unreturned multiple times. So the moral of the story is don't use them if you think you are going to receive the kind of service you should get when you bring them a $90,000 vehicle. I am very disappointed in my experience that I had at Tom Williams Collision Center, and needless to say I expected better service than I received.

Jeremy S.
Carrollton, GA
12/19/2018
Worst place !! Crooks!!!
Insurance paid to get car fixed they changed out my headlights and put in ones that wouldn’t stay working went back 4 times and still can’t fix problem and avoid working on it when they are suppose to fix the problem!!

HT
Hai T.
Birmingham, AL
01/24/2018
DO NOT BRING YOUR VEHICLE HERE.
I started by inquiring with Tom Williams about getting an estimate for my Audi which was wrecked. After they assured me they would provide a FREE estimate I brought my vehicle to them. After a few days they provided an estimate which I was not happy with and attempted to take my vehicle, at that point they told me they would be charging for the estimate. THIS NOT WHAT THEY SAID ON THE PHONE. I confronted them about this and they backtracked on what they had stated previously. So, I got my work done there, which took longer then they stated. When I picked up my vehicle I noticed that three of my custom rims were scratched and had remnants of an obvious attempt to buff the scratches out, when I brought this to their attention they stated it was not their fault. After driving off, same day, the OIL LIGHT came on, my engine was 2 quarts low. On top of that my steering wheel is crooked and my alignment is off. DO NOT BRING YOUR VEHICLE HERE.

Alex B.
03/31/2016 Category: Collision
Spoke with Sharon. She said she had to take the vehicle back. She picked it up on the 18th and took it back in the 21st, the trunk was crooked with a hump in it and the inside of the trunk looked like they had used some sort of putty and it needed to be painted. She was not given a promise date, she was told it should only take a couple days, but she picked it up the 29th. The first time it was in there she was kept updated, but when she took it back the adjuster called her on Tuesday and they had not even started, then on Wednesday they called and said it should be ready in a couple days. After that she had to call them to get any information. She was treated okay, she is not sure if she spoke to anyone in the business. She stated since it is Tom Williams that sells luxury vehicles she thought they would be better because of the dealership.

John L.
03/16/2016 Category: Collision
John said the representative was not proficient and he caught him in a white lie, twice. His vehicle was delayed for about a month, because of the service writers inability to follow up with his insurance company. The emails and texts were very vague. They were not contacting anyone associated with his insurance company, to speed up the process.

MA
Michael A.
02/24/2016 Category: Collision
Michael said he was not satisfied with the quality of service provided to his vehicle. The repairs were unfinished when they returned it to him. He mentioned it was ready 3 days later than promised, and they did not give him a reason for the delay. He said they did not follow up with him, or keep him adequately informed during the repair process.

AH
Amy H.
12/24/2015 Category: Collision
Amy said she felt like the customer service was not very good from the people at the front desk. Mike was awesome. The back side of the vehicle was not washed. The alignment is still off and she has contacted this business regarding this, but they have not returned her call. Her vehicle was 3 to 4 days late due to the paint not being right, then another day and a half due to parts delay. Enterprise provided her with a filthy rental vehicle and it stunk.

KP
Kelly P.
Mississippi
10/18/2015 Category: Collision
Kelly said there was a part of the bumper that was not repaired and she had to bring it to their attention. She said she feels she should not have had to do that. Her vehicle was not ready when promised because the insurance company would not respond to this business. She was not kept adequately informed during the repair process, and she had to contact the business directly to get updates. She was not satisfied with the thoroughness of the person who prepared her estimate because once they started working on the vehicle they found additional damage. She was treated harshly by the employee at the front desk, but Mike Rockeyo was friendly, calm and polite. She was not satisfied with their communication because of reasons already mentioned.

Shenita M.
10/02/2015 Category: Collision
Shenita said she was happy with the quality of the work but there were two raised parts on the paint. The vehicle was a week late due to a parts delay and she was not kept informed of the status. Her estimator did a poor job because he did not look at her vehicle well enough to make an adequate estimate and she had to pay more than she expected.

Jason M.
09/17/2015 Category: Collision
Jason said he scheduled the appointment to have an estimate performed. The estimate took 2 hours. They charged him $157.00 for reading the codes on his vehicle.

John G.
09/16/2015 Category: Collision
John said it took a good while to get the repairs done. It turned out to be more expensive and his vehicle doesn't run. They checked the battery and they thought it was alright. He's not sure if that's the problem or it may be the alternator. Overall, he's putting no blame on this business and he had an average experience. No promised date was given, but it took 8 days to complete the work. It would've been better if this business told him an estimated delivery date. He would still add that they do good work.

Monifa W.
09/12/2015 Category: Collision
Monifa said her overall experience was horrible. The business did not communicate well. There is still a dent in the vehicle. She wasn't given a time the vehicle would be ready. Her vehicle was at the business a month. When she called the business no one was available and they did not return her phone calls.

BT
Barbara T.
09/02/2015 Category: Collision
Barbara said the business kept her vehicle for 58 days. They gave her a number of reasons for the delay. The bill was $10,000 at the end of the service compared to a $2,500 estimate. The communication was not satisfactory. Her vehicle was sitting for a while because it was filled with Bondo dust. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.

Danny H.
08/12/2015 Category: Collision
Danny said it took too long to get his vehicle back. There is still an issue with the parts not lining up. Where the bumper meets the frame, there is a little raised area, which he pointed out to them. Instead of taking five days it took ten days. He did not pick up his vehicle until the 14th day because he was out of town. The first time it was delayed because of additional damage and some parts did not come in as supposed to. It was one excuse after another. He was not able to track it on a daily basis and maybe it was posted three times over the 14 days. This business is not approved with a lot of insurance companies from what he gathers.

SA
Sharif A.
07/09/2015 Category: Collision
Sharif said he is not sure if he is satisfied with the quality of the repair. It took longer than promised due to a parts delay. He does not recall how late it was. They took along time to complete the repairs on his vehicle and they overcharged him. The female supervisor was honest, but the other male employees were liars. They also do not answer the phone. He was not satisfied with the communication for this reason. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Displaying Review 1 - 15 of 1975 in total