Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

JOSEPH L.
Longview, WA
JEEP COMPASS
04/30/2016 Category: Sales
Friendly sales representatives.
Great!
Rick P., General Sales Manager from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 05/29/2016

THank you Joseph for the Great comments!

Ricky Pennington

Portland, OR
HONDA ACCORD HYBRID
04/16/2016 Category: Sales
Worth the trip
We purchased a pre-owned automobile. The experience was enjoyable. They still owe me a tank of gas though...(laugh). I've bought a lot of cars throughout my life and Tonkin (regardless of location) has the ability to get things done. I will admit however that the Lithia Honda in Salem has the best Coffee Machine Mechanism - ever. This is the first car I've purchased through this dealer. Service is an important part of buying a car. Their service team followed up with us the very next day, I was impressed. Would I buy from Tonkin again? Well, I just did, my 2nd automobile in less than 2 years. They really helped me when nobody else could. Closest experience to 5 Stars I've experienced. If they would of sent us home with a full tank - would of gotten the 5th Stars in this review. Under-promise and over-deliver is always my standard for 5 Star anything. They didn't blow it; they just didn't quite reach that outstanding level like they could of. After the deal was done, turned out to only have 1 key, instead of 2. No big deal until you discover the key is like $80 and $80 of labor, i.e $160 for key? I was a little disappointed in both the pricing and had I known the car only had 1 key (and the cost), I would have required a 2nd one. I already signed all the paperwork and that was not a pleasant surprise. I didn't think it was a big deal until I found out the cost at the service desk. Maybe they'll exceed my expectations requiring me to revisit and give them 5 Stars by getting me a 2nd key and follow up regarding that tank of gas. If I owned an auto-dealership I would NEVER sell a car to a customer that didn't have a full tank of gas. I'm always amazed by that "little thing". The last thing in a transaction where you've spent thousands of dollars, often making payments for years to come - you drive away on "empty" or near empty - that always is a negative to the customer.
Rick P., General Sales Manager from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 05/19/2016

This is a very nice review!  Thanks for taking the time to rate us a 4 star.

Ricky Pennington