Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

10/23/2018 Category: Service
Wonderful service
I was told the service would be about an hour and fifteen minutes, and it was. Service department staff made me feel taken care of, not taken advantage of. The coffee and water for those who wait is welcome, but the chairs in the waiting area are very uncomfortable.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/24/2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us! We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

JAMES C.
La Center, WA
10/18/2018 Category: Service
Excellent Service as Usual!
Took my 07 Odyssey in for an A12 service. Took care of business but also found a few other issues that I just had them fix to tune of $411.00. We have made the 1 hour drive OW to Tonkin Gresham Honda for 11 years and they have maintained our Odyssey in excellent condition for the majority of it's life. However, indicative maintenance costs for upcoming services (timing belt replacement) around 200k miles is forcing me to consider my maintenance options. I was quoted $2,200 for a timing belt replacement and another $1,000 for tensioner pully's and pump replacement (if leakage is found). Those costs are pushing up against the value of the car and starting to push the limit of what I am willing to spend at the OEM. But they also want us to trade in our car for a new one. Maybe that is the idea here? Love, Love, the excellent service, but your prices are likely going to price you out of future business on my Odyssey and future new car sale, which is sad to say. We paid for peace of mind and have gotten every red cent out of taking our vehicle to Tonkin Gresham Honda. I really wish they could make maintaining an older vehicle a bit more affordable for those of us who faithfully return 2-3 times a year and spend thousands with them. If you want to maintain loyal and dedicated customers for the long term, make my decision to stick with Tonkin Gresham Honda easier, not harder.

XY
XIAOLONG Y.
Honda Fit
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Good service, higher charge
Service has always been good. The charge is in general higher than other places, except oil change is cheaper. For example, changing a filter costs over $100, but I spent only $20 at O'Reilly's. Other charges are a little high. For example, break fluid inspection costs approximately $120, the higher end price.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/22/2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is always important to us to know what our customers are thinking.  We hope to earn all 5 stars next time!

DN
DONALD N.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Trust their work
I'm sure if you own a Honda that was purchased new you receive service coupons periodically. Well, I decided to use one of them for an oil change on my 2004 Miata. We own and have owned several Hondas and have them serviced at Gresham Honda - presently we have: 03 Odyssey, 14 Civic and an 18 Accord. The problem, came when I learned that the coupons were for Hondas only, but, thanks to my service advisor Michael, the story has a semi-happy ending since he was able to find some cost-cutting without the coupon. I don't normally take the Miata in for service there, but was there for another reason. At any rate, this just shows GH finds ways to help customers. Thanks.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/04/2018

Donald, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience here with us.  We truly appreciate your feedback and your continual loyalty!  See you next time!

JASON A.
Colton, OR
Honda Civic Sedan
09/26/2018 Category: Service
I wasn't fully happy with my service...
I purchased my vehicle and was told by Marcus that I did not need to bring my car in before 10,000 miles. If I were to bring it in then the service department would turn me away. I hit a service light at 8,200 miles, didn't bring my car in till 10,030. I made an appointment for 1:15pm and my appointment was not on their schedule, but they did handle my car in a quick and efficient manor which I appreciate. Thank you.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/03/2018

Jason, our apologies for the mix up of info you received! We are thankful however we were able to get your car taken car of in a quick and efficient manner! We look forward to the opportunity to earn all 5 stars next time!

Yacolt, WA
Honda Crosstour
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Convenience
Went smooth.

YW
YUEN W.
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Service and no appointment for express oil change

DEBBRA H.
09/17/2018 Category: Sales
SUV
The Salesperson did a great job, we enjoyed working with him. We bought this car for my wife and she loves the vehicle. As far as I’m concerned I wish Honda would have more options that are available on other brands. 1. The radio should have favorites also start every song or talk shows from the beginning, update your radio, you are behind on the times. 2. This car has everything, but no heated steering wheel, why. 3. Birdseye.

There were other issues, but I would have said no to buying this car

Honda Civic Sedan
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Even nice to grumpy people
I’ll admit it; I was a grade A grump with the gentleman behind the service counter when I arrived this morning. So much so that I felt compelled to apologize on my way out the door. Unlike myself though, he was unfailingly polite and never sank to my level, even making sure to get me out of there in less time than he’d initially quoted so I’d make my meeting on time. Good folks that took care of my service needs. I’d definitely recommend them. And I’d have given this a 5star rating but the customer waiting area kinda sucks. You listening Tonkin??

KW
KRISTINA W.
Damascus, OR
09/13/2018 Category: Service
easy access
friendly people, comfortable area to wait, kept me informed

JAMES B.
Vancouver, WA
09/12/2018 Category: Service
oil change
We had issues with our oil changes in the past, but we have had no problems recently.

Sandy, OR
09/11/2018 Category: Service
Service People are Awesome!
Awesome Service Department!

DK
DANA K.
Clackamas, OR
09/04/2018 Category: Service
I really appreciate the service advisor, Mark. I have known him for many years bringing in Mr 3rd Honda. He is
Always advises me on what car needs. He never attempts to up sell something not need. Very honest person. This type of honesty is rare!

VW
VANESSA W.
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Quick service
No appt was able to drop my car off and get my oil change quickly.

08/27/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
Great Service - No issues on that - very disappointed that my CRV tires are already over half worn out for only having 22300. miles.

07/19/2018 Category: Service
Quick and friendly
My oil ch as mge a products tire rotation was done pretty quickly. T by e only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because my tire air pressure light is n ok..i w on, which means one of my tires left the service area low
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 07/19/2018

It looks like we checked the tire pressure while you were here and it was good, so it could be that the tire pressure light on your dash just needs to be reset.  Please feel free to give us a call or come by anytime and we can assist you with this!  Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit.

WP
WILLIAM P.
Fairview, OR
07/18/2018 Category: Service
Mystery Door Unlocking
Wonderful work is sleuthing an odd problem where the driver's door unlocked when pressure was applied to the door panel. The service tech found the issue, replicated, and along with the mechanics completed a repair for a reasonable price. My only whine is that the coupon for my oil change was not applied to my final bill.

07/11/2018 Category: Service
Service Visit
Mix up with two different service advisors resulted in more expensive quote than what was received in person a week earlier when I explained what I would like to have done. Due to higher cost quoted when I dropped off vehicle for appointment, had to drop one major service work. A little frustrating but not a big deal.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 07/17/2018

I'm sorry to hear about the mix up on your quote! We will look into how to better prevent that in the future.  We look forward to having the opportunity to earn all 5 stars from you next time.  Thank you for your feed back.

RON C.
Honda Accord Sedan
07/09/2018 Category: Service
Oil change with no appointment...no problem!
No appointment necessary for an oil change with not much of a wait. In and out within 35 minutes. It, however, took longer at reception (where desk was understaffed) than it should!
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 07/17/2018

Ron, thank you for sharing your feedback.  We look forward to earning all 5 stars from you next time!

LA
LYDIA A.
07/07/2018 Category: Service
In and out
My car was overheating and Gresham Honda has an opening. They were quick to diagnose and nonpressure sales.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 07/17/2018

Thank you for doing a review Lydia, glad to hear we were able to get you on the road again safely! We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time.