Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

MOLLY H.
03/23/2018 Category: Service
Length of time
Was told it would take an hr. It took 2 hours
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/09/2018

Molly, I'm sorry to hear that the wait ended up being longer than quoted I understand that can be frustrating.  We will look into this and see if there is anything we can learn from it and maybe tweak to do better next time! Thank you for still graciously giving us 4 out of 5 stars! We appreciate you and your feedback! See you next time.

JAMES F.
Vancouver, WA
03/22/2018 Category: Service
service department
easy to schedule appointment, service staff helpful. I have 3 Honda's and all were purchased and serviced at Tonkin Gresham Honda. Very happy with the way Tonkin takes care of everything for my Honda's.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/09/2018

Thank you James for leaving your positive feedback,  we look forward to your next visit!

PT
PENELOPE T.
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Oil change and warranty repair
All work done. Thanks
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/09/2018

Thank you for choosing us Penelope, we look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

TG
THOMAS G.
Longview, WA
03/22/2018 Category: Sales
Great sales staff, especially Eddie and John.
We met Eddie when we first arrived at the car lot. He was very low key, we didn’t feel pressured at all, yet he gave us all the information we asked for and needed to make a decision. He was friendly and personable. We asked about getting a Costco discount and he said there was someone else at the lot that handled that. He introduced us to John and gave us his card, but since John was with a different client we decided to come back at a different time. We came back the next day and John was also very friendly and helpful giving us prices and options, but no pressure. The only problem came after we had made our decision and a car had to be found and obtained from another dealership. The wait time after a car was found until we finally signed final papers was far too long. We waited well over 3 hours AFTER the car was found. We were told part of the problem was the other dealership didn’t fax the vin number to them for a long time, but part of the problem was only having one finance person available. It appeared he was the only one to do the paperwork or to talk to customers. We arrived at 3:30 pm and met with John right away. By 6 pm I started to say they were going to need to buy me dinner. John had me go get something from the vending area (I got a granola bar). By 7 pm we were both getting very hungry and still no end in sight. John told us to go have dinner and come back in an hour or so. We got back at 8:15 and were told they had just completed our papers, we then did the paperwork and we were finally done just before 9 pm. That is the only complaint we have, it was way, way too long to be called efficient in any way. They are supposed to get our car today, do all of the add-ons we ordered and have it ready for us tomorrow. Hopefully that will be more efficient. Overall, we were quite satisfied with our experience.

JUANA S.
03/19/2018 Category: Service
Quick
The service dept is usually very friendly
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 04/09/2018

Thank you for choosing us Juana, we look forward to earning all 5 stars from you next time!

TL
TRISH L.
03/19/2018 Category: Sales
Detailing
The reps were great but the detailing crew did not do a good enough job of detailing the car I purchased. It was sandy and dirty when I arrived to look at the car, and it was sent to be detailed again when I purchased the car but not much was done in the second detailing work; there was still sand and dirt very visible without even trying to look for it.

DONNA S.
03/15/2018 Category: Service
?
The staff greet you with a smile, are very courteous , and promptly get things going.
Then make you feel at home while you wait.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/30/2018

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback Donna.  We are always striving for each customer to have a 5 star experience here! See you next time!

GR
GRANT R.
03/13/2018 Category: Service
take care of a recall notification
I can only assume the work was done correctly as it has no obvious affect on the operation of the car. It was a preventive effort to fix a battery sensor issue.

Work was done in less time than originally estimated.
A safety and wellness check on the car was done in addition to the recall service.
The service manager also offered me a coupon for a car wash in addition to what they did.

Thank you very much. I left with a much better opinion than when I brought the car in the first time.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/30/2018

Grant, thank you for sharing about your experience with us.  We are so pleased to know we were able to change your opinion a bit from last time.  We are always striving to give each customer a 5 star experience every time.  We look forward to your future visit.

JEFFERY S.
Vancouver, WA
Jeep Cherokee
03/12/2018 Category: Sales
Great Service!
Good service, liked my sales person. Still felt a little pressure from my salesperson to buy and make a decision. Other than that things went great and I'm super happy with my purchase. I would consider this minor feedback.

MATT L.
03/09/2018 Category: Service
Brought car in for oil change, left with a new car. :)
I have been bringing my Civic hybrid in for service for 14 years and have been thinking about buying a new car for about a year. I went in March 6 for service on my Civic and discovered it needed new struts, which was just enough to push me over the edge. After being approached by Erin, I decided to take a test drive in a Pilot EX-L with Dane. Then, I took another test drive in a Pilot Touring. Dane was patient throughout. I was hesitant to splurge on such an expensive car (and am still having a little buyer's remorse, but feel that will fade), but think it will work great for my family. For what I got, I feel I got a very good value in my 2017 Pilot Touring.

I think the only thing that kept this from being a five star review was that I called later in the evening that I bought my car and asked about filling the tank up with gas. I had assumed it would be filled up before I drove it off the lot (it had about 1/8 of a tank), but didn't ask about it because I had to get going to pick my boys up from school. Dane told me that was something they only did for new cars, not used cars. It left a sour taste in my mouth. This may be the dealership policy, but I feel that after spending over $40,000 for a car, for a customer that has been bringing his Civic in for regular service for 14 years, I think this would have been a small customer service gesture that would have gone a LONG way. I also noticed that the Pilot only came with one pair wireless headphones instead of two, but am assuming that, like the gas, this would fall under an as-is policy of buying the car. That also rubs me the wrong way. I really wanted everything to be perfect because this was, financially, a stretch for me. These two small things just leave a little sour taste in my mouth, though I know I will continue to bring my Pilot in for service.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/14/2018

Matt, we truly appreciate your loyalty as a service customer! I will pass along your review to the sales department as well.  I hope you are enjoying your purchase! We look forward to seeing you for your first visit with the Pilot!

SE
SHANNA E.
Honda Element
03/06/2018 Category: Service
Customer service was quick and employees were helpful
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/13/2018

Thank you Shanna for sharing your feedback, we look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

KAREN S.
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Service done on 3-2-18
Customer service detailed in finding out what you need done when you come in.
Good at explaining any additional work that needs to be done, even taking you out to your car and showing you when applicable.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/13/2018

Karen, thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate the 5 stars!  See you next time!

SONNY C.
Honda Civic Coupe
03/01/2018 Category: Service
Oil change review
Great service. Informative and polite staff.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 03/08/2018

Thank you for your feedback Sonny, we look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

KK
KEVIN K.
Damascus, OR
Honda Accord Hybrid
02/24/2018 Category: Service
Good service but “service due” message was not cleared by tech.
Work was completed as expected but service due warning was not cleared.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/28/2018

Kevin, our apologies for missing the reset for your service! We will look into how that happened.  Thank you for your feedback.  We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

TED B.
02/23/2018 Category: Service
The employee's
Fast, friendly service. Done right the first time.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/28/2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback Ted! We look forward to earning all 5 stars from you next time!

NS
NOEL S.
Damascus, OR
02/16/2018 Category: Service
Maintenance Service
Attentive staff equates to great service.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/22/2018

Thank you for choosing us Noel, we appreciate your business.  We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

CATHLEEN C.
West Linn, OR
Honda Civic Hybrid
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Replacement strip on roof of cat
Everyone is friendly & courteous, and the work is always done on time, or ahead of schedule.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/15/2018

Cathleen, thank you for choosing us! We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!

CR
CHANTAY R.
Fairview, OR
Honda Accord Sedan
02/07/2018 Category: Service
I appreciate the service level I received.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/10/2018

Chantay, thank you for choosing us! We look forward to earning all 5 stars from you next time.

JN
JANET N.
Honda Fit
01/31/2018 Category: Service
Tonkin Gresham Honda is the best I've encountered and happy to use for my car needs.
Mark Cawthorn was my contact person by phone & again when I came in for my service. He is always friendly and willing to explain what my car problem is, and what is going to be done to correct the issue.
All of your staff have been friendly and available to answer any questions I have, especially when one of my warning lights go off on my dash. TPMS was my latest surprise.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 02/06/2018

Janet, thank you for sharing about your experience here.  We appreciate that you chose us! We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time.

RICHELE B.
01/20/2018 Category: Service
Oil change and service bulletin
Price was just right with my coupon for an oil change. And we had a service bulletin to address and they took good care of us explaining what we had to do.
Heather M. from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 01/24/2018

Richele, thank you for choosing us! We look forward to earning all 5 stars next time!