Overall Rating 1.3333333/5rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333rating 1.3333333

Troutdale, OR
Honda Civic Coupe
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
The heavier set counter lady was very disrespectful and did not make me feel like a valued customer, she had an attitude with me from the moment I pulled my car up. I hope next experience will not be this awful
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 10/24/2019

Interesting how the use of adjectives can be heard when perceiving someones level of respect. I appologize for your awful experience and I am confident we can provide a better experience on your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

TW
TOBY W.
Brightwood, OR
10/20/2019 Category: Sales
Poor overall experience
Robert the salesman did a great job identifying our wants and needs; and providing honest feedback to choose the best vehicle for us. The car itself is great; but I would have bought elsewhere if I wasn't pressed to get a vehicle. The finance person was very unprofessional and arrogant, they low balled us on the trade after promising much more to get us there; and the whole purchase experience took five hours. The salesman did very well; and I am happy with the vehicle, but this was easily the worst purchase experience I have ever had.

10/01/2019 Category: Service
Always something
Anytime I bring my car in for service there is something that goes wrong. This time I recived a phone call about missing components on my new vehicle. They are the only ones that have worked on my vehicle. I was also almost charged AGAIN for services that are covered under the Honda Care for purchasing a vehicle with their dealer. I am always stunned about how many times one place can drop the ball so dramatically multiple times. I am giving a 4 star ONLY because their service writers are always polite when I go in and i know they don't control what the techs do in the back. However, I do not understand why they never know I have Honda care.

AD
ANDREA D.
Hyundai Tucson
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Thanks
Your service team always treats me like family

MN
MARY N.
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Great customer service with JB but tire was not fixed
Had a nail in my tire. Got my tire patched. While driving home low pressure tire warning alarm went on (5 miles away from dealer) had to repressurize my tires on the way home at nearest gas station). I rescheduled another appt for today to have it looked at again. Frustrated that it wasn’t fixed the first time.

KATHERINE B.
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Communication
For the second time..the mechanic changed my headlights from auto to off. IF YOU CHANGE A SETTING ON SOMETHING AS IMPORTANT AS HEADLIGHTS...CHANGE IT BACK. Also I have a pet seat in my passenger seat. The person in service called it a cat box in reference to needing to move it to get to something. I didnt know what he was referring to and thought it was something under the car. So whatever needed servicing didnt get done. He never said "could you move something in your car so we can get to something" now I have to bring my car in yet again

JOSE D.
Fairview, OR
09/04/2019 Category: Service
Punctured Tire
I had a low pressure tire and when I put air in one of my tire, I visibly saw a nail or screw in the surface of the tire about 3 inches away from the wall of the tire. I have my wife took the car to your shop and very confident that it would just a routine patching. I was shocked to learned that the mechanic was not recommending repair, instead recommending tire replacement. The explanation give was the puncture is too close to the wall. The lady on the phone I was talking with was even sounded irritated when I told her that I saw that nail and it’s not even close to the wall. So I told my wife to not have done and go to Les Schwab instead. Les Schwab repaired the punctured tire for free and did not even mentioned about the nail being close to the wall of the tire for the fact is it’s not because I saw it.

BO
BILLY O.
08/31/2019 Category: Service
Damaged my CRV
While having my CRV recall done they damaged the housing around the shifter and did not even say anything to me about it.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 09/04/2019

I believe we have corrected this concern, as we have a replacement part ordered. Unfortunately a holiday weekend reduced our ability to communicate quickly.

NB
Noelani B.
The Dalles, OR
08/26/2019
Scam Artists
Manager flat out refused to even call a bank to get a $25,000 loan because "there is no bank that would ever approve a loan this size with zero down".

Back story: two trade-ins for a cheaper car would put them out a couple thousand dollars.

fucktards. boo hoo

FV
FRED V.
Honda HR-V
08/23/2019 Category: Service
Express Service
I bought my Honda HR-V from Gresham Honda because you had express service. No appointment necessary. Now you have changed your policy. That stinks!

TG
TIM G.
Vancouver, WA
Honda Fit
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Past experiences have been better.
I've been visiting Gresham Honda service center for over 13 yrs for my Honda Fit.
This visit clearly reminded me of significant upselling and not clear communication.

CR
CHRISTA R.
08/15/2019 Category: Service
2005 CRV lemon
I am very disappointed in Honda I have purchased 3 Honda cars from Gresham Honda and I was sold a lemon the Honda has never stood by from the first sign of trouble with the 2005 CRV and this was no exception so I will never shop at Gresham Honda or any To king dealerships for as long as I live for the way they have handled this situation.
The only reason I gave a star is because it would not let me set it back to zero stars.
Thanks
Don Reberry

DY
DEBBIE Y.
Troutdale, OR
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Pressured
Went in for an oil change and felt pressured for other services and felt like the service person was talking down to me since I am a female. He did not ask questions and seemed put out when it came time to discuss the cost. He had to rerun the paperwork since I had a coupon. This took him about 1 minute. When he was (telling me not discussing with me) other services recommended his attitude was offensive.

Beaverton, OR
Honda Insight
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Busy Day
I came in to get service to my vehicle and read my book. This was going to take approx. 2 hours. I was immediately approached by a sales person to see if they could look at a trade in value for my vehicle. That was fine. Then I was pursued by a salesperson who wanted to show me new vehicles. After about 3 hours and another "numbers" salesperson I was given a price for a vehicle -- which was very high and presented to me as a special deal. I then was allowed to leave without resting and reading my book as planned. Then I had daily phone calls offering to try to manage a better deal until I made a call to ask what was up with all the calls. I explained the situation and then there was total silence. Not a better deal, not any effort to find out what I really was interested in - if anything, but pressure for a sale.

Tualatin, OR
07/30/2019 Category: Sales
Ok
I just purchased a used Honda Pilot from Tonkin Gresham Honda. I did feel like this was not a great experience though I do like my new car. I found the car online and went in for a test drive. The salesman was very nice and patient. However, when I was getting ready to leave I felt that the situation was getting pushy. I was told that the next morning the car was going to auction and if I wanted it I should get it that day, or it would be gone. I did not buy the car that day. It did not go to auction. I went out of town for a few days and when I returned I decided this car was what I wanted to purchase. The salesman that I originally had was not working on that day., but did send me a message stating that someone else was coming in to look at the car later that night and they could not guarantee that it would still be there if I waited another day. This really bothered me because it sounded like a pressure tactic like the first time I came it. I was planning on purchasing that car that day previous to this conversation. I called to talk to the used car manager, but was only put through to his voice mail. So, I called back, and was told he would be in later, but they connected me with another salesman. I worked with this salesman to plan the purchase of my car. I was very specific in my questions and stressed that I would have a young child with me and, so I wanted have the car ready for purchase when I got there. When I got to the dealership later in the day. Three of the things we discussed became a problem, one that probably could have been avoided if I was able to talk to the sales manager directly. First I was told that the cargo mat I would be given would have to be paid for. $109 which is ridiculous when I was buying a $30,000 vehicle and I had already been told it would be given to me. Then the discount on the extended warranty was not put into place until I questioned it, and it was not as much as I had been told. Finally, the hold check request that I had specifically talked over on the phone became a problem. With the dealership trying to get me to put some of the amount on my credit card. I was pretty unhappy at this point. I told them that it was either honored as discussed or I was leaving. They did honor the hold check request. The entire process ended up taking almost three hours. My child was doing very well, but after that long he was starting to lose his patience and honestly, so was I. I like my new vehicle and I do feel like I got a fair price, however I did feel that it was a pushy environment and that communication between the team members was poor. The salesman that I dealt with first did come in on his day off to complete my sale. He was very nice, but I felt that he was put in a difficult position having to bring each problem to me to solve, when I specifically had tried to avoid that. Finally, the tank of the $30,000 vehicle I just bought was only half full and about four miles down the road the CD player started to act up on my Certified Used Honda. I do however like my car, but I wish the whole experience could have been made more customer centered. The run around was ridiculous.

Estacada, OR
07/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible
We came in to get our oil changed before we took a Disney trip because we knew it was close to needing an oil change. The guy who came out told us we wouldn’t need one for a while, we explained how far we were driving and he again told us we were fine and ‘our pilot is a tank’ .... get to LA and oil light comes on. Spent an entire day wasted on vacation which cost us about $800 missing a day with our passes to Disney. Sitting in Anaheim Honda all day waiting for an oil change. Took it in to get serviced as we are due again, explain politely what happened and that it upset us that we came in to get it taken care of and were told we were fine only to waste vacation day. Mike Hubert didn’t care and offered me a coupon that was emailed and online like it was a favor. I just remained silent and calm and paid and told him that was terrible customer service in my opinion. I feel a complimentary oil change would have been a great gesture but I shouldn’t have to ask for it or make a scene. Thank you for ruining a day of vacation, sitting at Anaheim Honda all day with two toddlers who should have been at Disney which cost us more more to miss and then your terrible arrogant attitude/ we have never had an issue or complaint until now. We have purchased 3-4 cars now from Gresham Honda and this will probably be the last. I also will no longer be bringing it into this location for service after this. If I tell an employee calmly something that was YOUR mistake and really affected our life (vacation) due to incompetence just because I am calm and polite doesn’t mean I’m not really upset and I shouldn’t have to make a scene or over react about it. Being a business owner myself this was handled very poorly.

EN
EVERETT N.
Fairview, OR
06/27/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Had my car serviced (B1) in my opinion is just basic service. Was handed the bill and all most had a heart attack at the amount the service was, just basic oil Chang tire rotation and safety inspection. Do not know if I will return. Never ever payed that amount of money for a oil Chang.

KL
KELLI L.
Sandy, OR
Honda Civic Cpe
06/18/2019 Category: Service
4th visit for the same problem
While are the employees at Honda ate nice, no one there can' seem to find what is wrong with my car. I've had it in the 4 times the car is still has the same problem. It's very frustrating to waste my money and time and still have the problem . I wish someone there could help me.

MN
MARILYN N.
Honda Civic Sedan
06/13/2019 Category: Service
Didn't listen to my directions
Have been coming to Tonkin Gresham Honda for several years (we have multiple Hondas) and have had good things to report. This time used a service coupon that included an oil change AND a tire rotation so gave specific instructions that no matter what the measurement on the tires was (they use a tread-depth indicator) they were to rotate the tires since it would be another 6K+ miles until the next rotation. We also added some brake fluid maintenance after the advice of the service writer. Came to pick it up and NO TIRE ROTATION because it "didn't need it." Little history on our 2014 Civic EX -L/NAV: we bought it new from Gresham Honda and had the same thing with the rotation request happen (the measurements showed the same depth for all tires) and right about 22K the front tires showed excessive tread loss and we had to replace them (along with the other two). So I've been careful to try and get more miles from this second set (Hankooks). Not sure of the science, but it makes sense that a FWD car would cause more wear on the front tires.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/13/2019

Completely agree! We didn't listen to the request on two visits. We are making the adjustments so this does not happen in the future. We always work to to keep safety and satisfaction as our primary goal. We definitely slipped a little and I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

LF
LIANA F.
Estacada, OR
06/09/2019 Category: Service
Door window replacement
I will not use Tonkin Honda again if possible. We needed to replace a broken drivers door window - which turned into 3 weeks with our car in the shop. When we got it back the replaced window has big scratches in the tinting, and broken glass still falls out of the bottom of the door every time I open it. Supposedly the door was taken apart and the door latch and window motor replaced. It seems like the broken glass would have been removed and an unscathed glass replacement would have been used.
Ethan W., Fix Op Director from Tonkin Gresham Honda responded on 06/13/2019

Thank you State Farm Insurance! This was an insurance claim that through State Farm. They required used parts which showed up broken twice. Repairs were completed as fast as possible considering the circumstances and used parts supplied by State Farm Insurance. Great leaning experience for all.