Overall Rating 4.7647094/5Overall Rating 4.7647094/5Overall Rating 4.7647094/5Overall Rating 4.7647094/5rating 4.7647094
Overall Rating 2.29412/5Overall Rating 2.29412/5rating 2.29412rating 2.29412rating 2.29412

Lauren S.
09/15/2018
Terrible dishonest dealership
Im writing this to share my terrible experience with Alfano of Torrington Hyundai dealership-Long story short I bought a 2015 tuscan from them with around 70,000 miles on it a little less than 2 years ago. They car salesman was rude, but I fell in love with the car. Fast forward, I have done all my maintenance checks, oil changes on time. My husband (who is active duty in the Navy) was driving to me from the Navy base in Groton when the car shut off. Luckily for us we were close to a good friends transmission shop, Superior Transmission in Waterbury. We had the car towed to the his shop for him to look it over. Verdict was the engine needed to be replaced. Car is currently at 100,500 miles. My husband researched new motors ranging from 2500$-3000$ and then the labor from the shop. Im currently 4 1/2 months pregnant, a mom to a 4 year old, a college student, and a nurse 32 hours a week. So the thought of that kind of money made me sick along with the fact we were out a car. Quickly my mom thought to reach out to Alfanos to see if there was ANYTHING they could do as most of my family has bought cars from them in the past. She spoke to the owner and he was very pleasant and seemed willing to help. He said he would personally have the vehicle towed there at no cost and when my mom brought up a diagnostic cost he said it would be covered. She also informed him of the milage/ and that we did not have a warranty and he said its not that much over and he is sure he can take care of me and that there must of been an extended warranty. So each day passed and still the car wasn’t picked up from the shop in waterbury, (I was okay with it since they were being helpful). Finally today the car was at alfanos. I got a call to authorize payment for a diagnostic test. I then spoke to the owner myself and said this was not part of the plan. We went back and forth. He let it go and said he would look at it and figure out the warranty and get back to me. A little while later another person calls and states that unfortunately my car is 500 miles over so they cant fix it. It would be close to 5000$ to fix. I told him this was a waste of time. The owner had known it was 500 miles over, and he was told by us there was no warranty. Now I will have my car towed back to the other shop to be fixed. The whole part of my rant is they truly thought by getting the vehicle there id be stuck and suckered into paying them to fix it. It was a scam to get it brought there. It was a play on kindness. I will never again shop from them or there affiliates. I will never do any services for my car there. So heres to picking up a ton of shifts at work to pay to have a car I still owe 14,000$ on fixed. Written on 8/27/18
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

Good Morning,

Sorry to hear of your issues, The owner is calling you.

John

Naugatuck, CT
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
FANTASTIC
EXCELLENT SERVICE EVERY TIME AND THAT'S WHY I WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE ALL OF MY CAR SERVICES AT TORRINTON HYUNDAI, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND THANKS TO ALL OF THE STAFFF!
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/13/2018

Good Morning Ms. H,

Thank you for the great survey and thank you for being a great customer.  It's always a pleasure to interact with you and you surely make our jobs more enjoyable.  Be assured, we truly value your continued business.

Enjoy your day!

AC
Alioune C.
Good job
They did a good job on my car with all explanations
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/12/2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for the great survey. As you know, it's our report card on how we did so we're pleased we met all of your expectations. We know there are many places you can bring your vehicle for service, so be assured, we truly value your continued business.

Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your week,

Lawrence S.
Canaan, CT
2017 Hyundai Accent
Great place!
Good people, great service with no pressure or hassle.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/12/2018

Good MOrning Mr. S,

Thank you very much for the fine survey. We really appreciate it. It's customers such as yourself that make our jobs enjoyable, so, thank you for being a great customer.  Be assured, we value your continued business.

FS
Frank S.
Trenton, FL
09/10/2018 Category: Service
The most incredible service department!!
This is the most incredible dealership I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with... they're friendly, courteous and very professional. Steve. The service department manager is very knowledgeable. I will be doing all my business with them I've had nothing but the most fantastic experience from sales to service...
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/11/2018

Good Morning Mr. S,

Thank you for the outstanding survey! Everyone here considers you a great customer and please know we truly value your continued business.

2009 Hyundai Elantra
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Service with care
I had the biggest mouse house in one of my filters and Hyundai took great care to clean everything out and sprayed with oil. They don't try to push you into anything you don't really need done. They go over everything with you.
Great service dept.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/05/2018

Good Morning Ms. P,

Thank you very much for the excellent survey. It was a pleasure having you as a customer and we're pleased we met all of your expectations. Thank you for your continued business.

Thomas S.
Burlington, CT
09/02/2018 Category: Service
Service is fast and efficient.
Service is always fast and efficient.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 09/03/2018

Good Morning Mr. S,

Thank you for the great survey. You've always been a great customer.  Be assured, we value your continued business.

Happy Labor Day,

Jon M.
2011 Hyundai Elantra To
08/30/2018 Category: Service
Visit
Courteousness and product knowledge are outstanding
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/30/2018

Good Afternoon Mr. M,

Thank you for the excellent survey and for being a great customer.  We work hard at delivering 5 star service so we're pleased we met all of your expectations.  Please know, we truly value your continued business.

Christopher C.
08/29/2018 Category: Service
In and out
Took roughly 40min for my oil change, friendly staff and helpful. Only downside was when I got my car back I had oil stains on my steering wheel, on my radio, handle of car, on the window, inside and out of my car which wasn't fun to clean. Other than that, decent experience.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/29/2018

Good afternoon Mr. C,
I’m sorry to hear you had a poor experience in our service department. The advisor who assisted you that day was his last day of work and I guess he fell down on the job. Unfortunately anything less than five stars and definitely will on a return visit affects our entire department. I’m quite confident you’ll have a much better experience on your next visit. Having said that if you would be so kind to consider rescoring us with five stars and definitely will return, we would at least be able to average 4 stars and although that’s still a failure, it’s closer to success than not.  I guess your advisor left us holding the bag on this one.  I’m quite confident you’ll have a much better experience on your next visit. Thank you for your time.

Matthew S.
Sherman, CT
08/24/2018
Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced
We have contacted Torrington Hyundai 6 times now in the 2 months that we have owned our new car because we were sold a Hyundai Kona without a front license plate bracket and we asked multiple times to have one mailed to us so that we could get our license plate put on the front of our car which is required by CT Law. We were assured all 6 times that a license plate bracket would be mailed to us and on the 6th time, James, who sold us our car and then never returned our calls until I posted a review on Google, told me that he would drive to our house and install the bracket on our car since we should not do it ourselves. We made the appointment on Tuesday and James never showed up. This dealership has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. You should never purchase a vehicle from them.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/27/2018

Hello Matt,

Just following up on our e-mail over the weekend.  I appreciate you informing us it was not a "Service Department" related matter and I'm pleased you finally had the issue taken care of.  If I can ever be of asistance, please contact me directly at 860-489-0471.

John M.

Karrie B.
Bristol, CT
08/22/2018 Category: Service
The service department was excellent. Curtious, professional, knowledgeable and timely.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/22/2018

Good Afternoon Ms. B,

Thank you very much for the great survey and thank you for being a great customer!

EC
Eric C.
South Kent, CT
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/19/2018 Category: Service
Service department is excellent
Steve, the service manager on that day was excellent in explaining the repair needed.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/20/2018

Thank you Mr. C,

Appreciate the great survey.

Enjoy your day,
Your Torringotn Hyundai Service Team

BP
Barbara P.
Unionville, CT
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/16/2018 Category: Service
podhajski service
always friendly and helpful - not pushy - explains all work done
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/16/2018

Thank you Ms. P for the greatb survey.  We work hard at delivering 5 star service so we're pleased we met all of your expectations. Be assured, we value your continued business.

Thomaston, CT
2010 Hyundai Elantra
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Recent Service Visit
Excellent service as always
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/16/2018

Thank you for the great survey Mr. M.  We appreciate your continued business!

PO
Patricia O.
2010 Hyundai Tucson
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Really first rate service department. They are consistently helpful and accommodating.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/15/2018

Good Morning Ms. O,

Thank you very much for the fantastic survey. We're pleased we met all of your expectations.
Please know we consider you a great customer and we really value your continued business.

LK
Laura K.
Burlington, CT
2008 Hyundai Elantra
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Service visit
The service manager in charge the day I was there was awesome
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/14/2018

Good Afternoon Ms. K, (We don't use names for security purposes)

Thank you very much for the great survey and kind words.  It's customers such as yourself that makes our jobs enjoyable.  Rest assured, we're committed to the highest level of service and please know that we truly value your continued business.

Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your week,

DF
Deborah F.
Litchfield, CT
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/14/2018 Category: Service
15,000 mile service
As always, I was immediately waited upon with respect and courtesy. I didn't ask for any updates, only how long it would take. I was given an update as well as informed my car would be washed...very nice surprise! In addition, I had forgotten my "punch card" and was given a new one that would provide a free oil change on my next visit. Just another reason I am a long time customer of this dealership. I'm sorry I don't remember the young gentleman's name who waited on me but he's a great employee and true asset. Deborah Fuessenich
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/14/2018

Good Afternoon Ms. F, (We don't use names for security purposes)

Thank you very much for the great survey and  kind words.  All of us here consider you a great customer and its always refreshing when you come in.  Be assured, we value your continued business.

John T.
Naugatuck, CT
2017 Hyundai Accent
08/13/2018 Category: Service
Flexibility
Were kind enough to get me in for an oil change last minute when my regular dealer couldn’t
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/13/2018

Good Afternoon Mr. T,

Thank you for the great survey! Please know we value your business and we get you in when it's convenient for you. Be assured, we don't forget who the customer is.

Cathy S.
Washington, CT
2008 Hyundai Tucson
08/12/2018 Category: Service
Review
Great service but some things are over priced. I can't believe it costs $89 to change out my cabin air filter.
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/13/2018

Good MOrning Ms. S,

Thank you for the great survey! Just to confirm the $89 was due to your oil change and having two bulbs replaced along with the cabin filter replacement. We would never over price or over sell you anything as we value your continued business.

Maryjane H.
2007 Hyundai Accent
08/10/2018 Category: Service
convenient
excellent service
JOHN M. from Torrington Hyundai responded on 08/11/2018

Good Morning Ms. H, (We don't use names for security purposes)

We appreciate the fantastic survey you've given us and we're pleased to know we met all of your expectations. Thank you for visiting us for all of your service needs and thank you for being a great customer.

Enjoy your weekend,