Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5rating 4.4
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

Thomas S.
10/07/2019
Most expensive dealer service I've ever experienced
Is there a 0 star option? I brought my 2014 328d in for an oil change and a cabin filter change. I was expecting a $150-$200 tab for the work. Towne handed me a bill for $400! I understand that dealer service has a higher hourly rate than traditional mechanics but this was just absurd. To be fair, they gave me a $50 discount because I questioned the bill but their justification for the charges was shady at best. $165 for labor on work that couldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to perform and markups on every item that would put any honest mechanic out of business. They even charged me for diesel exhaust fluid that I didn't even ask for.

This is the second poor experience I've had here, and I don't plan on coming back until they can be more respectful with their pricing.

Mike M.
Niagara Falls, NY
07/09/2019
Bought car tried to upgrade to truck within first payment
Wife thought it would be safer for family to upgrade to truck called before first payment was due dealership wanted me to take a 5 thousand dollar loss on car witch I payed full price what they were asking for car but they were not willing to make deal

Williamsville, NY
05/03/2018 Category: Sales
New car purchase
Everything was great, until...you attempt to get a hold of your salesperson for outstanding questions after they "seal" the deal. VERY disappointing with the purchase of a $71,000 vehicle. Customer service SHOULD be included with this hefty pricetag

TG
Tracy G.
Niagara Falls, NY
04/05/2018
I arrived on time for my scheduled 8am and was told by Bill G in an inappropriate tone that the shuttle is by the door. I'm looking and waiting on the mini van I took last time but to my surprise it was a BMW that was being utilize and me unaware of this because I was not told, was left standing looking lost. Bill failed to return phone calls and did not return my call until 2pm. I have been driving s BMW for over 13 years and have dealt with Towne on both purchases. Being a person of color I felt totally disrespected and overlooked. Bill did not apologize and felt as if he did nothing wrong. I called his supervisor to complain and left a voice message and never heard back from Adam. I will not purchase my next BMW from Towne, I will spend my hard earned money somewhere where I am respected and treated as if I am a human!!!!!!!!

RALPH J R.
Rochester, NY
07/29/2015 Category: Sales
Car delivered with chip in windshield and several scratches
I brought in a car that was in better condition than what I left with!

SRIKRISHNA VARUN M.
Cheektowaga, NY
BMW 428XI
03/03/2015 Category: Sales
Unprofessional
They lied. They gave a car to me that does not have the features I was told. I go home and call the hotline and they tell me that your car never had these features.....

very very dishonest and unprofessional

KEVIN R M.
Hamburg, NY
11/13/2014 Category: Service
please benchmark against Northtown Lexus to see an example of great service!
BMW are great cars, the salespeople at Towne BMW are great, the mechanics are great, so.....I expect that the complete "service experience" to be great as well. And, it is not!

Devon M.
11/01/2014 Category: Sales
Bad Customer Service
You will get extremely bad customer service here. Nobody bothers to call you or follow up with you.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 11/03/2014

Please call me at 505-2100 x5436 if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,  Tom Antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

JO
JAMES O.
Lancaster, NY
BMW 528XI
10/07/2014 Category: Service
Friendly, courteous when entering. Did not leave me "hanging"
Very good...clean, courteous and efficient.

KC
KELLY M C.
Tonawanda, NY
09/23/2014 Category: Service
Post Service follow up
After my service which was exceptional as always - I received a bill for EZ Pass from the rental car company that Towne BMW connected me with as they had no more rentals. After 2 days of calling with no response from the service department I called my salesperson who took care of the situation for me. Needless to say I am less than pleased by this.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 09/24/2014

Kelly,

I apologise you did not receive a response from service . Once Doug made me aware of the situation I resolved it immediatelly.We do appreciate your business.   Sincerely, Tom Antoniadis BMW service manager

JZ
JUSTIN D Z.
Clarence Center, NY
BMW M3
09/12/2014 Category: Service
I had my brake fluids changed, NYS inspection, and 1 qt of oil added. When I picked up the car, I had to wait like 15 minutes for them to bring up my car. The lot boy finally brought it up and he then said "man I love your car, it's so fast (I drive a 2009 M3) and fun to drive. I would get so many tickets if I owned it." Obviously I don't want lot boys pushing my car. I feel like this probably happens at all dealers when they drive the car to test it out after they fix it, except this guy was stupid enough to tell me. Then I get in my car and the steering wheel and some parts of the dash are covered in dirt and grease from the mechanics hands, the driver side door panel has a small light brown coffee drip stain (I don't drink in my car and don't drink coffee at all), and the leather cover at the base of the shift knob was pulled up. One of the tabs that holds down the cover had been broken off so now everyone I move the shifter knob to R, N, or D the cover pops up. I dropped my car off in perfect condition and I expect it back in perfect condition. Yes I was able to clean the dirt off, but it is a pain to have to take the time to do it. They need to respect the cars they work on if they want people to come back. This was the first time I had service since I purchased the car, and after my poor experiences I will probably not buy a BMW again. The poor service on the repairs is not acceptable and when I purchased the car I was treated as if they were doing me a favor by selling me the car. It kind of ruins the experience of owning the car when you only get poor service every time. Last time buying any BMW.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 09/15/2014

Please call and I will assist you with any problems you incurred while here. I apologize for any inconvenience.  Carl 505-2100 x5411

BW
BARB W.
West Seneca, NY
BMW BMW 325XI
07/25/2014 Category: Service
burned out bulb replacement
All's well, bulb got replaced in jiffy time Friday. Art Mullen fit me in to replace the
bulb and now all is fine.

07/25/2014 Category: Service
burned out bulb replacement
I tried to get a bulb put in at Southtowns on Southtowns Rd in OP but they couldn't fix it. I am returning to Clarence today to get the bulb replaced, will give review then.
Tim C., General Manager from Towne BMW responded on 07/25/2014

Barb--

Thank you.  Unfortunately, the Southtowns dealers do not have the BMW expertise of Towne BMW.   As simple as a "bulb" sounds....its German Engineering and you really have to be trained.   Looking forward to your follow up post.   Thank you.

Tim Connelly
General Manager

DEEFORR G.
BMW 740I
07/10/2014 Category: Service
Job not complete
I had the oil changed in my 740i BMW. when I got home ( 7Miles one way) I noticed that the monitor that monitors my oil life hadn't been reset. I drove back to the shop and was told I had to wait. I became very vocal and my car was then rushed to the front of the line. No one apologized or offered any type of discount. Shame on you Town Bmw. I wonder if the Mercedes dealership would be as careless
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/11/2014

I apologise for the lights not being reset.Adam and I met and he will insure you are well taken care of on your next visit. Sincerely, Tom antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

Tim C., General Manager from Towne BMW responded on 07/11/2014

Deeforr---- thatnk you for writing--that was totally our fault on this and we are sorry.  We do appreciate your business.  The technician has been spoken to about this problem.

Tim Connelly
General Manager

MJ
MARK ROBERT J.
BMW BMW 328I
07/02/2014 Category: Service
Sloppy work
Tire rotation - bolts of one of the tires not tightened. Lucky the tire didn't fall off before I found them loose
"Detail" - Horrible wax job. Swirls and wax left everywhere especially in the door handles.
Alignment - had to be re-done
Had the wheels checked independently and the right rear wheel was rusted on making me think that it was never removed and therefore never rotated
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/07/2014

We will contact to resolve any issues

JAMEL C P.
BMW 528XI
06/19/2014 Category: Service
Not what I expected from a luxury dealership
As a past owner of many luxury brands, the expectation and what I have experienced until now of dealership experience is always that of a "high-touch". My experience was rushed at best. I guess I was the most turned off by the loaner experience, they put me in a dirty, dog hair laden RAV4.. Grant you I own both a '14 5 Series and a '13 7 Series, and not to be snotty, I expected a 1 Series at the absolute worst, but I sure was surprised. At this point I may have to switch brands or try the guys up the interstate.. I am sure I will get the "If you did not buy it here, we don't offer the complementary loaner service....". Can't wait to see what happens when the 7 goes in...
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/20/2014

Mr. Perkins,

I will provide alternate transportation when you come in for service for either car.I cannot guarantee a BMW every time and use Hertz as our backup. Their cars should be clean and presentable and I will make them aware of your situation.You can also contact your sales person for loaner assistance. Thank you for making me aware of the condition of the loaner.  Sincerely, Tom Antoniadis BMW Service Manager

JI
JET-BLACK SEALERS I.
BMW 335XI
06/14/2014 Category: Service
No one returned my phone call
In this day of advance communication there is no reason for not returning a phone call to set up a service appointment. I had to get my sales representative involved to get any response.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/16/2014

i apologise no one returned your call.  Please call Adam direct at 505 2100 X5412   He will assist you   Tom   BMW Service Manager

JORDAN L M.
Blasdell, NY
06/05/2014 Category: Service
Not a happy customer.
I brought my 2011 328i BMW to be serviced at towne Ford, and I can only say that I was disappointed with the customer service. They brought me out a 2006 black ford escape with a counted 15 bird droppings on it and a quarter filled tank of gas. Not only this but the car alone in is under okay condition at best. When I bring my nice and clean car in to get serviced, I would hope to have received something comparable and respectable, especially from a dealership with multiple locations and multiple vehicles. There is no excuse for this type of customer service when I am spending 3000 dollars in collision and servicing. Very disappointed.

REZA B.
Clarence, NY
BMW M3
05/14/2014 Category: Service
Service gone bad
If you care about your car's paint make sure it is not washed. I dropped the car for a simple oil change and inspection, 2 hours later I was greeted to a car I would not recognize. My brand new car's finish was destroyed by deep scratches on every panel. Car is covered by swirl marks and scratches even the 3M clear bra that was applied on the hood is scratched. I was promised a call by service manager that is yet to come. Supposed to have detail guys see what they can do to fix the car as much as possible, will see what happens.
Have to say my SA Dan Ives is the most awesome guy I have ever dealt with, he has been great but there is not much he can do in the situation.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 05/15/2014

I understand the detail manager has allready contacted you and you will be coming in tomorrow. Every effort will be made to remedy the situation      Tom

ROBERT E M.
Lewiston, NY
BMW BMW Z4
04/08/2014 Category: Service
Incorrect advice that goes against owners manual. Customer service that was insulting to my fiance.
I sent my 2014 Z4 in to get oil change and inspection that had 11,000 miles on it. The service rep (Phil) refused to talk to my fiance after being told repeatedly that the car was hers and not the other lady that went with her for the service. Phil decided that the rear tires would not pass inspection. When I talked to him I thought it was ridiculous as I take very good care of the car and never drive aggressively. I was irritated and he said that the low tread was due to "spirited aggressive driving" and a lack of tire rotation. To make matters worse, when I looked up information about the tires in the owners manual it says specifically that it is not recommended to rotate the tires as it could lead to improper handling. So the rep not only insulted us by not giving my fiance the courtesy of addressing her, telling me that I drive aggressively, but also gave us incorrect and possible dangerous advice that goes against the owners manual. My thoughts...just another way to take advantage of what he thought were ignorant customers. This is how car dealers and especially service stations get bad names and make it very uncomfortable for hard working people to want to interact with them.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 04/09/2014

I apologise for your bad experience.I realise BMW does not recommend rotation but on your particular model I disagree. I checked with my tech and you will get more mileage out of your tires if you rotate every 7500 miles.  You need 2 rear tires and we will buy 1 if you buy 1 as a 1 time goodwill gesture. Please call Bill at 505 5443 and he can assist you.

Tom Antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

MADHUKAR A S.
East Amherst, NY
BMW 325I
02/25/2014 Category: Service
I have not found a better service department.
Ian W. from Towne BMW responded on 03/27/2014

Hello Madhukar,

Thank you for the kind words! It appears that you may have chosen one star, instead of 5, for our service.

I will be sending you a ReScore request shortly. Please consider giving us 5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you!