Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

QL
Quy L.
12/11/2019
Not
Worst cars dealer ship ever .
I bought a 2017 Mercedes C43amg with 18000 miles at Towne BMW drove it for 3days only 3days the check engine light came on , brought the car back to Towne BMW on Friday they told me the car should be done by Monday. Monday came no one contact me so I had to stop by Towne BMW to find out what happens, they told me they’re sending the car to Mercedes to find out what happen it’s should be done by Friday. Friday came , no contact or any knowledge about the car so I had to stop by Towne BMW again, still got no answer from Towne BMW until now not knowing any about the car I just bought. Any one in Towne BMW offer me a loaner car . So sad poor customer service and irresponsible to their customer

MICHAEL M.
11/06/2019 Category: Sales
purchase
not good

Thomas S.
10/07/2019
Most expensive dealer service I've ever experienced
Is there a 0 star option? I brought my 2014 328d in for an oil change and a cabin filter change. I was expecting a $150-$200 tab for the work. Towne handed me a bill for $400! I understand that dealer service has a higher hourly rate than traditional mechanics but this was just absurd. To be fair, they gave me a $50 discount because I questioned the bill but their justification for the charges was shady at best. $165 for labor on work that couldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to perform and markups on every item that would put any honest mechanic out of business. They even charged me for diesel exhaust fluid that I didn't even ask for.

This is the second poor experience I've had here, and I don't plan on coming back until they can be more respectful with their pricing.

WP
Wes P.
07/30/2019
OK Dealer, Lousy Car
The 2019 BMW 330i is not a good car, and is missing basic features that any car should have, let alone a luxury sedan, in 2019. The dealer misled about features the car does not have. When I discovered this deception, I brought it to the dealer's attention. Towne has not resolved anything, only "promising" to fix everything, but I have yet to receive even a phone call.

Mike M.
07/09/2019
Bought car tried to upgrade to truck within first payment
Wife thought it would be safer for family to upgrade to truck called before first payment was due dealership wanted me to take a 5 thousand dollar loss on car witch I payed full price what they were asking for car but they were not willing to make deal

FB
FRANK B.
01/07/2019 Category: Sales
Buying a car
Dennis Merrilck was a pleasure to do business with. BUT I needed a new used car because my first one was a nightmare. 10,000 in repairs in 4 months never fixing my oil leak. Mike DaCosta was great. I can't say anything good elsewise. No one returned a call til I wrote the att. General

RAINER H.
12/17/2018 Category: Sales
Ability to execute: excellent. Price: higher than expected
This is the 3rd vehicle we've bought from this dealership. By and large, the vehicles are good, the service is good (but not perfect), and people are very friendly. I thought in this latest round the price was too high to fall into the "good deal" category--at best it was a "fair deal".

Williamsville, NY
05/03/2018 Category: Sales
New car purchase
Everything was great, until...you attempt to get a hold of your salesperson for outstanding questions after they "seal" the deal. VERY disappointing with the purchase of a $71,000 vehicle. Customer service SHOULD be included with this hefty pricetag

TG
Tracy G.
04/05/2018
I arrived on time for my scheduled 8am and was told by Bill G in an inappropriate tone that the shuttle is by the door. I'm looking and waiting on the mini van I took last time but to my surprise it was a BMW that was being utilize and me unaware of this because I was not told, was left standing looking lost. Bill failed to return phone calls and did not return my call until 2pm. I have been driving s BMW for over 13 years and have dealt with Towne on both purchases. Being a person of color I felt totally disrespected and overlooked. Bill did not apologize and felt as if he did nothing wrong. I called his supervisor to complain and left a voice message and never heard back from Adam. I will not purchase my next BMW from Towne, I will spend my hard earned money somewhere where I am respected and treated as if I am a human!!!!!!!!

Tonawanda, NY
BMW I8
07/07/2017 Category: Service
Slow Service
I have a BMW i8 which is an unusual car. That being said when I had an engine light come on I asked for an appointment. They said they couldn't get me in for a few weeks because they only have one tech who works on them. When I asked if I could get it in to check the engine light soon to see if it's ok to drive they said it was not possible. My appointment came and the day after the appointment they said I could pick it up and drive it but I needed to get the gas down to a quarter tank. About a week later I brought it back and they said again they needed to order more parts. They did give me a loaner car. Towne have friendly people but I feel this took way too long.

TG
THOMAS G.
Jamestown, NY
07/06/2017 Category: Service
Poor communication in Service Department
Too long to go into, but poor communication within the Service Department and Body Shop led to a prolonged time (17days) to repair a malfunction in the driver's seat position adjustment.

DANIEL D.
Youngstown, NY
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Repair
Wifes car broke down one mile from dealership and they wouldn't arrange for a tow. My dad taught me me better than that when a lady needs help!!

MF
MICHAEL F.
Lancaster, NY
BMW 228I
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Conflicting Suggestions on Safety of Defective Tire
I'll start by saying to I've normally had great experiences with both Towne BMW and my vehicle. However, in this particular instance, I left feeling a bit disappointed and concerned. The reason for my visit was a defect in my tire that led to a bulge in the sidewall. I had randomly noticed it one evening and assumed it should be addressed for safety reasons.

Upon my arrival, someone came out to look at my tire. His response was that I "obviously hit a pothole and damaged the tire." However, in the time I've had my BMW, I have not hit a pothole. As we continued, no matter how many times I told the service person I had not hit a pothole, he continued to tell me that I did. It's at this point that I should point out the irony of the large pothole I needed to navigate on Towne BMW property just to access the service entrance.

At any rate, this service person went on to tell me the tire was "fine and totally safe to drive on." I then pointed out that that particular tire was worn differently than the other three. My belief was that the sidewall issue and unique wear pattern clearly indicated a defect in the tire. The service person simply said, "You're alignment is out - that'll be a few hundred dollars to fix and I'm not sure we can do that for you."

At that point, I decided it best to speak with my normal service guy. He was much more helpful and reasonable, though he, too, wanted to convince me that I hit a pothole and that was the cause of the issue. However, he mentioned that the tire was not safe to drive on (which agreed with everything I researched) and that it needed to be fixed one way or another. He also managed to get the situation taken care of immediately.

So I guess my "below average" rating here is based on the fact that I received two very different statements on the safety of the tire. It's one thing to have varying opinions on the brand of oil or type of wiper blades to use. It's an entirely different matter when the opinions vary regarding the safe operation of the car. Had I simply taken the word of the first service person that the tire was safe, I could have potentially placed myself in a very dangerous situation. It's also concerning that the first service person not only effectively called me a liar, but also had bad information on the safety of the tire. Just not a great experience compared to what I'd come to expect.

BK
BORIS K.
07/03/2017 Category: Service
Water pump leaking?!?! After "being fixed " still leaking
I dropped my car for almost 3 weeks, they gave me a car to drive at the end of second week , but that's not a problem , problem is that whatever they fix it's still not working. I left a massage, not sure if they open 7/4 . Will see :(

JEFFREY B.
BMW M235XI
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Towne BMW
Dealing with BMW roadside assistance was a breeze and my car was towed to the dealership without incident. I was unable to accompany my vechicle to the dealership because of work; however, shortly after the car was dropped off I called and left a message with the service department. My message clearly stated that I would like to be kept in the loop regarding the service, and that I would most likely need to be picked up from work to retrieve my car once it was completed. After a few hours of not hearing anything from the delearship I called and spoke to a representative who said she did receive my message but didn't have any updates to give me because no one had yet looked at the vechicle. Again I stressed that I would need to have some sort of answer to if the car would be completed that day and that I would need to make arrangements to be picked up by the courtesy shuttle. Fast forward 3 more hours and I had to call again to inquire about the status of my vechicle. This time, I was informed that indeed the car was ready for pick up but that it was too late in the day to schedule transportation back to the dealership as the driver was making his last run for the day at 3pm and my work was 30 minutes in each direction from the dealership.
While I'm grateful that my car was serviced same day without an appointment, I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the communication that the dealership provided. At no point was I ever notified that my car was ready, instead I had to inquire on 3 separate occasions. Transportation not being offered was also unacceptable. I had notified the dealership since 9am that morning that I would need to be picked up and brought back to my car. The dealerships lack of communication greatly inconvenienced myself and my family who needed to make alternate arrangements to ensure I had a vechicle to drive the next day. This is not the type of service I would expect from BMW.

On a side note, while my car was being serviced the technician noticed a part that needed to be repaired/replaced with my brake calipers. I was told over the phone that he would order the part but my car was safe to drive. When I again asked while picking up my vechicle what specifically needed to be repaired, the gentleman helping me wasn't aware of what I was talking about and insisted that he would have the original gentleman helping me call me the following morning. I have yet to receive that call (another communication breakdown I presume) and my car today has a new warning light regarding my braking system which asks me to pull over and call roadside assistance. I have driven approximately 15 miles since my car was serviced and I was told the brakes were safe. It is Friday after hours, my car is currently at home in the driveway, and I have left another message for the service department to call me Saturday morning when they open at 8am. I hope to have a better experience this time around!