Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Reston, VA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/16/2019
Awesome as always
I always feel taken care of when I taken my care into Tyson’s Auto Specialties. They do a great job, and you cannot find a kinder or better crew in NOVA.

LD
Layne D.
Rockville, MD
Mitsubishi Galant
02/15/2019 Category: Service
Layne said that the place does good work. He's been there many times.

KH
Karim H.
Volkswagen CC
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Karim said everyone was very personable and nice and the work turned out great.

02/13/2019
Trust
Over years of having my cars serviced by Tom and now Richard, I have come to trust them. They don’t upsell and they keep their word. They are premium priced, but they do excellent work and they stand by the results. They have earned my loyalty.

EM
Eric M.
Falls Church, VA
Honda Civic Coupe
02/11/2019
The Joys and Woes of Owning a Car
In the snow at a very slow pace my 2016 Honda Civic front right wheel slid into the edge of a storm drain about a 100yds from home. This resulted in tie rod damage and the need of replacement. I called and was immediately told to come around where they took the car for a drive, checked some electronics and gave me an instant assesssment, approximate cost and time line! All of which were correct except the cost which was less because the parts were less! I can’t speak highly enough of the care I was given and am very glad that I found Tyson’s Auto 10 years ago and they have been my mechanic ever since!

GK
George K.
Jeep Cherokee
02/10/2019
Richard was honest and didn't try to sell me.
Richard and his team were honest and fair. I told them what I thought was the problem and they told me after a few tests that it wasn't the problem and steered me in the right direction. Quick responses and always answered the phone, which is becoming a rare achievement by any business.

Shahine B.
Vienna, VA
02/09/2019
Oil change and service (1st time customer)
Richard and the crew were awesome! Honest and hard working. They got my car taken car of the same day. Very professional and friendly!

Manassas, VA
01/26/2019
Honest
I met Richard for the first time Thursday and I couldn’t be more pleased with the service my vehicle received. Richard was upfront and honest and as a woman, that’s a rare trait to come across when it comes to finding someone to service your car. I was going to Virginia Tire and Auto for my routine maintenance. I brought to their attention that my car was making a horrible sound from the wheel well and they informed me that everything was fine and that it was just my tires. Said they checked my wheel bearings and found nothing wrong. As the sound continued to get worse, I decided to take my car somewhere else. Come to find out that it was my wheel bearing the entire time! Never will I go anywhere else. Now my car drives smooth and quiet thanks to Tysons Auto mechanics.

Samantha B.
Alexandria, VA
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Samantha said the employees were helpful.

TF

JJ
Jean J.
Ford Crown Victoria
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Jean said they are wonderful at this place. She has been going 20 years, and the staff has never failed her. It has honesty and integrity. She has told a lot of people about this business. She stated she thinks they are fabulous. They give her a ride back home when she needs it, and they are very helpful.

AH
Al H.
Oak Hill, VA
Toyota Land Cruiser
01/16/2019
Consitently Good Service
I have been taking my vehicles to Tysons Auto Specialties for 3 decades (started going in early 90s), when I lived in Arlington, but worked in Tyson's corner. I worked there for 18 years, but then moved out to Herndon, both work and home, but still take my vehicles to Tysons Auto Specialties for their honesty and consistent service. I would follow Richard and his team anywhere in Northern Virginia! Thanks to all of them for solid work on a variety of cars I have owned through the years, including: 1970 VW Bus*, 1982 Audi 4000, 1988 Honda Accord, 1995 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 BMW 330CI*, 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser*, 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali* (* Indicates I still own these and they are maintained by Richard and his team!)

GM
Gideon M.
Great Falls, VA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
01/13/2019
Great
Very friendly and polite on the phone, then again in person. Efficient, informative. Gave an honest assessment, I never felt like I was being ‘upsold’ anything. I generally dislike garage visits and have had nothing but negative experiences with Mini services in Sterling, so this represented a delight. Dealt with Richard mainly, who is a great guy, but at one point a mechanic emerged when I was standing at the counter just to make sure I was being seen by someone. Very happy to have found a garage I can go back to!

CT
Craig T.
Great Falls, VA
Kia Sorento
01/13/2019
Outstanding service
I’ve been a customer for 15 years and have always been happy with the service i receive. Highly recommend.

Abbey S.
Fairfax, VA
Hyundai Accent
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Abbey said Rich was awesome and took time to make sure she was okay.

Brian H.
Fairfax, VA
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
12/15/2018
Another quality repair
Tysons Auto Specialties is my "Go To" garage. Started going to them by chance about 4 years ago. They exceeded my expectations....friendly shop, honest, good prices, and they FIX the problem and only the problem. Excellent repair shop! Thanks again for another repair done right. I've worked on cars all my life, just getting older and don't have the time to do them anymore. I know what is wrong. These guys are straight forward and do good work. If you want a good garage and don't want to worry about being taken advantage of....Tysons Auto Specialties is your place! Highly recommend.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

John A.
12/11/2018 Category: Service
John said he is completely satisfied with the service the business provided.

AF
Ali F.
Leesburg, VA
12/07/2018
Stater and Catalytic converter
Took the car in and Richard helped to diagnose p0420 code and also starting problems. He was nice enough to accommodate me quickly despite their busy schedule and they replaced both stater and catalytic converter on same day. These are costly works but I am sure I saved a lot. I would highly recommend this shop for quality repair work.

David R.
Falls Church, VA
12/02/2018
Great, honest shop
I brought in my dilapidated 2003 Toyota for regular service, and asked them to also do a general inspection as it had made some strange noises recently. Tom brought me a list of items that the car could use, and explained the reasoning and cost for each. Understanding that it was a car in its later years, he helped me decide which ones were actually important, and which ones could be delayed. He also mentioned what to watch out for going forward, and how I could save money by doing some of the easier repairs myself. He said to take the list home and think it over and give him a call back with what items we would like to get done- zero pressure. It was a 180-degree difference from the dealership treatment I've been used to for other cars. Ended up getting a couple of the items taken care of at their shop, and the car is running better than ever. I saved a lot of money, learned a bit, and got a little faith back in the industry. Grade A folks here.

TC
Tom C.
Vienna, VA
Saturn Aura
12/01/2018
Thump/rattle driving over bumps
TAS found the source of the noise, a sway bar link, and replaced the part in one day.