TK
Tom K.
Syracuse, NY
08/13/2016 Category: Service
Tom said this business fixed his vehicle promptly and correctly.

LG
Lou G.
Auburn, NY
Jaguar XKR
08/11/2016
Excellent service all the way around
Excellent service and I will be recommending Upstate Imports to all my friends.

Brandon M.
Fulton, NY
Volvo S40
08/11/2016
I feel like a partner with these guys, not a customer.
Outstanding customer care (not just customer service). They make me feel like they really care about my car's livelihood, and it IS my livelihood. But their attention to my auto needs is genuine. Also helps, they are good communicators,

Tom B.
Mercedes-Benz 380SL
08/10/2016
Inspection on time!
Appointment at 8 AM, car in at 8 AM. Inspection done and some questions answered all within, 30 minutes. The staff here is always the best, greeting you by name and making you feel welcomed, from the front desk to the folks in the inner sanctum where the work is done!

NA
Nicholas A.
Brewerton, NY
BMW 530i
08/10/2016 Category: Service
Nicholas said they did a great job.

Scott S.
Sherrill, NY
Mercedes-Benz C300
08/08/2016
Very professional and easy to work with.
I will definitely use Update Imports again and would not hesitate to recommend them to a friend or family member. Quality repairs and professional, friendly staff.

Landon S.
Sterling, NY
Audi RS 4
08/06/2016
Help with inspection
My car was having issues connecting to the state computers for inspection. Upstate worked with the DMV to troubleshoot the problem and ended up getting a representative for the software company to come to their shop to resolve the issue. They did a lot of the leg work to resolve the problem for me and in the end it was still just the cost of an inspection.

ED
Eric D.
BMW 318is
08/01/2016
Best oil change ever!!!!!!!
My car went into the shop as a bmw 318is and came out with a rebuilt M3 engine installed. Now that is a great oil change boy and girls!!!

Mike B.
Clay, NY
Saab 9-5
07/29/2016 Category: Service
Mike said the business was pretty expensive, but he is sure he would go back.

Mr./Ms. M.
Vestal, NY
07/28/2016
Nice people
Our business was looking for Saab parts and tried Upstate. Tina was a pleasure to deal with.

David H.
Pulaski, NY
07/25/2016
Is there such a thing as an honest repair shop? I don't think it is here.
I went in on July 22 with a 2006 BMW Z4 for a NY State inspection. After the inspection I was presented with a long list of things that need doing. Two items were that my oil was "black" and my air filter was original. I decided to have them change the oil even though a competent mechanic will tell you that color has no bearing on oil condition, for true oil condition a sample must be sent to a lab for analysis and color or opacity is not an indicator of quality. Tonight I looked for the dipstick to look at the oil color after driving it home about 25 miles. I was surprised that I couldn't find one so I looked in the manual and there isn't one. BMW relies on the oil level light and the mileage/condition countdown which is visible for a few seconds after starting the engine. I have no idea how they could see that my oil was "black" and no you cannot see it from the filler on the cam cover. The oil condition mileage indicator hasn't changed from what it was when I took it in so I am skeptical that it was changed.
Now the air filter, first I would have to pull my records buy it has about 10k miles on it. I took the cover off tonight and it is very clean even down into the pleats and on the ends, which is the first thing to get dirty. So although they wanted me to change it there is absolutely no need to do so.
I am thinking I may protest this payment on my credit card as the only thing I know is that I have a new inspection sticker on my windshield so I will pay that portion, I am not sure if they actually looked at anything though.
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2016

David thank you for your review.

Your engine oil condition can be easily checked by removing the oil filter cartridge cap located on the top of the engine.

Do you know when your engine oil was last changed? Since the only service records we have for your vehicle have been for performing NYS inspections and no other services for the last 4 years and there is no indication of an oil change sticker present, we can only assume the oil has at least 5,000 miles of use on it and that it has been in the engine for at least 4+ years! Any competent mechanic will tell you, engine oil should be changed every year regardless of mileage due to redox reactions occuring at the first heat cycle causing oil degredation that worsens with time and results in the formation of sludge. This same concept applies to the air filter, it had a stamped date of 2005 present on the cartridge indicating it is original. Again, air filters should be changed on a mileage/time interval due to degradation and age-hardening of the filter material.

In addition, we recommended front brakes (original) and tires due to excessive tread chop. None of these services including the above-mentioned were mandated to you. You did elect to change the engine oil and nothing more. Good luck with your "well maintained" vehicle.

Jesus P.
Evans Mills, NY
BMW 325iX
07/22/2016
Awesome
I brought my BMW 325iX for an oil leak, I was told it would be up to 4 days for my vehicle to get service due to ordering parts, it really was no more than 5 business days when I got my vehicle back. The response of my vehicle felt amazing! I got to meet Jeff who actually is an auto enthusiast and we talked about some great cars. The receptionist was also very welcoming and very friendly. I recommend this place to all with European vehicles. Unlike other shops who claim to "Get (R) it done" and don't really get nothing done, this place gets a 5 stars for their service and generosity.

YL
Yi L.
Syracuse, NY
07/21/2016 Category: Service
Yi said the service was good.

David M.
Canastota, NY
Land Rover Range Rover
07/21/2016 Category: Service
David said his experiences at this business are always the best. He gets his vehicle in, they fix it, he gets it back and its perfect.

Bill M.
Oswego, NY
07/20/2016 Category: Service
Bill said the repairs were done in a timely manner and the price was less than expected.

LK
Lanny K.
Liverpool, NY
07/16/2016
Friendly, competent

Janice P.
Palmer, MA
07/15/2016 Category: Service
Janice said they were absolutely fabulous and she really needed them. The key fob got wrecked, it would not work and would turn on an alarm. They fixed the key fob so she could use it again. Everyone was kind and friendly. The lady that helped her, Tina was terrific.

Julie K.
Phoenix, NY
07/13/2016
Excellent service, quick turn around, great people!

NC
Nancy C.
07/09/2016
outstanding service, works with the customer and the mechanics are skilled at fixing the saab's.
i have had my car repairs done by upstate imports for several years now. I now live in florida and when I'm up in Rochester for a visit, I bring my car there to be repaired or whatever else it needs. excellent place.

PW