Diane C.
Oswego, NY
06/20/2017
Responsive and concerned owner
I appreciated Jeff's call back about my experience. He had clearly heard the concern and taken action to coach his employees. I appreciate that my concerns did not fall on deaf ears and was addressed.

06/20/2017
Desk service leaves negative impression
On a recent visit to the Baldwinsville garage, I found the "atmosphere" of the garage to be very different than previous visits and it started with how I was greeted by the front desk clerk. While she immediatly asked if I had an appointment and what was my name, her tone was not friendly or welcoming. She had difficulty finding my appointment time in the computer. For about 1 minute she searched in the computer not offering any explanation as to why she couldn't find my appointment, leaving me to feel a bit anxious about whether or not I had an appointment since I had taken time off from work to attend it. She did find it and told me to have a seat. As I sat in the waiting room, another customer came I indicating he was instructed to bring his car in todayfor service by "Matt" . The front t desk clerk proceeded to curtly tell him there was no way they could look at the car today as they were booked all week and maybe they could look at it on friday. The customer attempted to explain that this other employee told him to come in and he was cutoff by the front desk clerk who indicated that "Matt" should not have told him this and that if he did, then he should have told him to go to the East Syracuse site where this Matt was. The customer asked her to call Matt which she did, but not without complaints about the miscommunication between the two sites. The customer eventually left, agreeing to leave his car at this garage for a Friday appointmnet. After he left, the front desk clerk proceeded to discuss the matter with another employee with waiting customers in the front room, remarking that Jeff needs to address the communication issues between the two sites as this sort of mess cannot continue to happen.
While perhaps a legitimate point, not one to mame when customers are present. My car was done within an hour which I was glad about. As I checked out, even this process was clearly different than in previous visits. I was handed the bill to sign. As I read what was done, the clerk remarked that was all the things that was done and that I would get my own copy. While she did not say this, I was left with the impression that I need not review the bill but only sign it as I Will get a copy to read later.

While the front desk clerk was all business, there was no warm and friendly small talk that would make a customer'experience better and that would leave a positive impression on the customer. In fact, I was thankful to leave this negative, uncomfortable environment. This experience was very different than past visits where the front desk clerk was friendly, helpful and explained what was done to the car and often, someone from the garage wou,d also discuss the work performed. I hope this feedback is helpful and that the business sees a ckmplaint as a gift.

I will continue to recommend the shop in hopes that either it was an unusual day on the day of my visit and not typical or that the atmosphere will change as a rule of this feedback.
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

I spoke with Diane about her review and her experience.

We recently opened a second location and hired a new receptionist and service manager for the Bville location and they are still learning the new software and new customers and dealing with scheduling between the 2 locations.

Diane was just critiquing how the business was being handled (very much appreciated) and that I should know how she was treated.

I printed this out and let the employees involved read for themselves, they did not seem to realize how they mishandled the situation.

Diane is happy with her service otherwise and said she would be back.

SF
Scott F.
BMW 535xi
06/12/2017
R. Scott Freeney
I trust them! Moving forward I will only bring my car here.

CK
Christopher K.
Cato, NY
Volvo XC90
05/26/2017
First time customer, now long time customer.
This is my first European vehicle. Most shops didn't want to touch it. I hesitantly went to Upstate Imports thinking I was going to get raked over the coals. I was pleasantly surprised to have my car repaired professionally, and it didn't break the bank. The people there are the most important asset. They all were extremely courteous and explained everything that was going on. I will be a repeat customer for a long time!

Kevin M.
Volkswagen Passat
05/24/2017
Fast and friendly
The staff is always friendly. And they get the repairs done in a timely manner.

Ken B.

GS
Gloria S.
Saab 9-5
05/17/2017
Fixing airbags that were recalled
Got an appointment quickly and service was prompt. Service people were friendly and accommodating.

James G.
Whitesboro, NY
Saab 9-7X
05/13/2017
Very nice experience,Quality people@service
They took care of my Saab right away. Told me what the problem was, and the next step, and gave me an appointment I wanted.

Joe H.
Weedsport, NY
Volkswagen Golf R
04/27/2017
Five star service
Trust these guys to get it right.

Joe H.
Weedsport, NY
Volkswagen Cabriolet
04/26/2017
Consistently good.
These guys are the place to take your European car for repairs and maintenance. Consistently superior service. Fix it right the first time.

JN
John N.
Elbridge, NY
Volvo XC70
04/13/2017
Pleasant experience.
Pleased with efficiency and knowledge of staff.

HL
Hank L.
New Hartford, NY
Saab 9-3
04/12/2017
Good Service
Friendly attention and great service per schedule.

SL
Scott L.
Liverpool, NY
04/11/2017
Mini in-and-out
I was in and out in less than an hour!

MF

Charles B.
Clay, NY
Volkswagen GTI
04/08/2017
Great group of professionals here. Highly recommended shop
You can really do no better than this team. Cant say enough great things about the work and the people.

AD
Amara D.
Moravia, NY
Saab 9-2X
04/07/2017
Would definitely recommend!
I had some recall work done at Upstate Imports and they are too far from home for me to use them regularly, but from my brief interaction, I highly recommend them. They were courteous, friendly, and helpful on the phone, the service was fast, and they have a very comfortable space in which to wait while work is being done.

Dorothy R.
Ogdensburg, NY
BMW 325xi
04/06/2017
Waste of time
Drove 2hrs one way and they wouldnt do my alignment cause of rusty bolts, and broken springs. Mechanic never talked to us at all, secretary had to explain why they refused to do it. Said I had bad coil springs which I told them up front I had and I would wavie any irregularities because of it. Said my ujoint was broken apart and unsafe to drive and after taking the car back home and tore it down we seen that there is no way they could even see a ujoint without dropping the best sheld and exhaust. They seen that my car was old and rusty and that we were poor cause we refused a tire balance for $80!!! I've never been to a shop where the mechanic doesn't show you what the problem is. Never go here unless you want to pay $105 an hour for them to do nothing. At least I didn't have a bill cause I wouldn't have paid it.
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 04/06/2017

Dorothy,

I  am sorry you felt your time was wasted driving 2 hours in each direction.

You did not have a conversation with us prior to arriving about coil springs. You did however state that you replaced your tie rods and control arms.

We stand behind our work 100% and that means that we have the right to refuse working on a car if the customer chooses not to perform the recommended work required to do the job properly.

Broken coil springs do not pass NYSI and is unsafe to drive on, and does affect your alignment. Furthermore, seized suspension hardware makes the alignment adjustments impossible to perform.

The failing u-joint was noticed, and you are correct that we said it should not be driven because of that, when that joint fails, you will definetly know.

We do not judge a customer's finacials by the looks of their car, if you refused a tire balance, then so be it.

You recieved a free evaluation of your car before you go on a very long road trip to the Midwest, we are always looking out for the safety of our customer's and everyone else on the roads.

If you feel that we are wrong with our policies, please feel free to contact us.

Brian B.

Fulton, NY
Mercedes-Benz ML350
03/30/2017
Very Responsive!!
You're jist like my dentist!! When I have an immediate need, you fit me into your schedule. I really appreciate that! The battery on my ML350 would go dead overnight. I called Upstate and you had the needed battery on hand. I dropped my car off and you installed it that afternoon. There was one hiccup with the service. The battery is under the passenger side front seat. I happened to check it before I left and the cover that shields the battery was just lying on top of it. Turns out the battery wasn't in all the way so it was sitting up too high for the cover too fit. Kind of surprised because Upstate is usually very thorough. Anyway, Doug came out, was very apologetic, fixed it, and I was on my way. Thanks Upstate! You have a great group of people there! Tina's always so sweet and helpful. Matt and Doug are always happy to explain the whys and wherefores of what's being done to my vehicles and I appreciate that very much!

KD
Kathleen D.
03/28/2017
Well done
Very satisfied with the repairs to my Audi. Great customer service.

Mary R.
03/23/2017
Great service, comfortable waiting
This was my first time here- very friendly, knowledgeable service. The waiting room was comfortable and service was quick. I'll definitely return.