ES
Emmit S.
Memphis, NY
Mazda MX-5 Miata
10/09/2019
Owner Jeff acknowledged the error in billing and offered refund for minor overcharge and options for refund. I requested he apply credit refund on my next visit.

10/09/2019
oil change sticker shock
I had my 93 Miata inspected this past Monday as well as an oil and filter change. Inspection was $21 but i thought it is $10 if it needs no emissions test. Oil change was around $100 which was unexpected. I am always happy with the service at upstate imports but can’t afford to have oil changed there.
Emmet
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 11/03/2019

Emmit an I spoke about the the pricing and he was correct about the state inspection price of $10 and he was indeed overcharged and the oil that was used was of a very high quality and did cost more than his previous oil change last year due to a lesser quality that was used.

Emmit and I have come to an agreement and Emmit is being issued a credit towards his next needed repairs.

Diane C.
Oswego, NY
MINI Cooper
06/20/2017
Responsive and concerned owner
I appreciated Jeff's call back about my experience. He had clearly heard the concern and taken action to coach his employees. I appreciate that my concerns did not fall on deaf ears and was addressed.

06/20/2017
Desk service leaves negative impression
On a recent visit to the Baldwinsville garage, I found the "atmosphere" of the garage to be very different than previous visits and it started with how I was greeted by the front desk clerk. While she immediatly asked if I had an appointment and what was my name, her tone was not friendly or welcoming. She had difficulty finding my appointment time in the computer. For about 1 minute she searched in the computer not offering any explanation as to why she couldn't find my appointment, leaving me to feel a bit anxious about whether or not I had an appointment since I had taken time off from work to attend it. She did find it and told me to have a seat. As I sat in the waiting room, another customer came I indicating he was instructed to bring his car in todayfor service by "Matt" . The front t desk clerk proceeded to curtly tell him there was no way they could look at the car today as they were booked all week and maybe they could look at it on friday. The customer attempted to explain that this other employee told him to come in and he was cutoff by the front desk clerk who indicated that "Matt" should not have told him this and that if he did, then he should have told him to go to the East Syracuse site where this Matt was. The customer asked her to call Matt which she did, but not without complaints about the miscommunication between the two sites. The customer eventually left, agreeing to leave his car at this garage for a Friday appointmnet. After he left, the front desk clerk proceeded to discuss the matter with another employee with waiting customers in the front room, remarking that Jeff needs to address the communication issues between the two sites as this sort of mess cannot continue to happen.
While perhaps a legitimate point, not one to mame when customers are present. My car was done within an hour which I was glad about. As I checked out, even this process was clearly different than in previous visits. I was handed the bill to sign. As I read what was done, the clerk remarked that was all the things that was done and that I would get my own copy. While she did not say this, I was left with the impression that I need not review the bill but only sign it as I Will get a copy to read later.

While the front desk clerk was all business, there was no warm and friendly small talk that would make a customer'experience better and that would leave a positive impression on the customer. In fact, I was thankful to leave this negative, uncomfortable environment. This experience was very different than past visits where the front desk clerk was friendly, helpful and explained what was done to the car and often, someone from the garage wou,d also discuss the work performed. I hope this feedback is helpful and that the business sees a ckmplaint as a gift.

I will continue to recommend the shop in hopes that either it was an unusual day on the day of my visit and not typical or that the atmosphere will change as a rule of this feedback.
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

I spoke with Diane about her review and her experience.

We recently opened a second location and hired a new receptionist and service manager for the Bville location and they are still learning the new software and new customers and dealing with scheduling between the 2 locations.

Diane was just critiquing how the business was being handled (very much appreciated) and that I should know how she was treated.

I printed this out and let the employees involved read for themselves, they did not seem to realize how they mishandled the situation.

Diane is happy with her service otherwise and said she would be back.

PW
Patty W.
Liverpool, NY
Mazda 3
03/30/2020
Customer service
Very accommodating and reasonable.

Joe H.
Weedsport, NY
03/24/2020
Another great experience
I took my BMW to Upstate for a misfire issue. My car is modded and tuned. They took the time to fully understand the issue, recommended a repair and quoted me a fair price. Repairs took one day and the issue is gone.

Richard W.
03/18/2020
NYSI
Annual state inspection. Easy in and out.
6 years as a customer of Upstate Imports and I have never had a reason to look elsewhere for service on either the Mercedes or the BMW.
Great addition to the Baldwinsville business community.

AP
Andrew P.
03/16/2020
Upstate Imports
These are my go to guys for all my BMW repair needs. They always call and inform you about what's going on and what it's going to cost. They also send a detailed email that covers all work done on the car. Highly recommend

Liverpool, NY
Toyota Tundra 4WD
03/16/2020
Quick, knowledgeable, right!
Above and beyond in service.

02/06/2020
The service here is absolutely the best and the people here are even better. They are a class act all the way around.

LL
Liam L.
Land Rover Range Rover
01/21/2020
Overall good communication
Make sure your dealing with “the” customer, and not the customers ex wife.

Jim C.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
01/14/2020
New customer
I called Jeff to review a new car purchase, he was honestly open to talk about my car, looked up the car fax and made some good ideals ,Mat set up a game plan . The email program was great

Sam S.
Camillus, NY
12/30/2019
service was ok
I've been going to upstate imports that last several years because I get knowledgeable support without talking me into a lot of unnecessary repairs. The last couple of times recently I haven't been very impressed.

It seems more and more I'm being nudged to make repairs on things that are currently fine with the vehicle. Duration of labor and prices seemed to have slipped as well. I just don't really trust them anymore. They're becoming like every other repair place.

AR
Alan R.
12/24/2019
Accommodated my immediate need for service, loaned me a car and completed the work very timely.
I especially appreciate the integrity I have come to know about Upstate Imports auto Repair. Things get fixed that need fixing while other things are brought to my attention that may need service in the near future. The most recent service work resulted in "no charge". The issue was a bolt that had worked loose that needed to be re-torqued which could have caused more damage and certainly sounded far more serious than a "no charge" repair that included topping off my oil and my anti-freeze!!! I would not have been able to leave the car that day without getting a loaner which saved a whole lot of time and got the job completed before the Christmas break!! .

Plainville, NY
Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl)
12/20/2019
Repeat customer
Always feel that I am getting knowledgeable service. Quote for work and expectation of time to get work done was on the money. Not cheap, but, I feel you get what you paid for.

Richard W.
Mercedes-Benz E350
12/14/2019
NYSI with complete vehicle check
Quick, detailed and clean while I waited. Upstate imports has handled all maintenance requirements on our 2 German cars for several years. Always pleased with their courtesy and professionalism. Their advice and follow through are consistently top notch.

AC
Alfredo C.
New York, NY
12/12/2019
More than excellent service !!!!
They were honest which is very important