Diane C.
Oswego, NY
MINI Cooper
06/20/2017
Responsive and concerned owner
I appreciated Jeff's call back about my experience. He had clearly heard the concern and taken action to coach his employees. I appreciate that my concerns did not fall on deaf ears and was addressed.

06/20/2017
Desk service leaves negative impression
On a recent visit to the Baldwinsville garage, I found the "atmosphere" of the garage to be very different than previous visits and it started with how I was greeted by the front desk clerk. While she immediatly asked if I had an appointment and what was my name, her tone was not friendly or welcoming. She had difficulty finding my appointment time in the computer. For about 1 minute she searched in the computer not offering any explanation as to why she couldn't find my appointment, leaving me to feel a bit anxious about whether or not I had an appointment since I had taken time off from work to attend it. She did find it and told me to have a seat. As I sat in the waiting room, another customer came I indicating he was instructed to bring his car in todayfor service by "Matt" . The front t desk clerk proceeded to curtly tell him there was no way they could look at the car today as they were booked all week and maybe they could look at it on friday. The customer attempted to explain that this other employee told him to come in and he was cutoff by the front desk clerk who indicated that "Matt" should not have told him this and that if he did, then he should have told him to go to the East Syracuse site where this Matt was. The customer asked her to call Matt which she did, but not without complaints about the miscommunication between the two sites. The customer eventually left, agreeing to leave his car at this garage for a Friday appointmnet. After he left, the front desk clerk proceeded to discuss the matter with another employee with waiting customers in the front room, remarking that Jeff needs to address the communication issues between the two sites as this sort of mess cannot continue to happen.
While perhaps a legitimate point, not one to mame when customers are present. My car was done within an hour which I was glad about. As I checked out, even this process was clearly different than in previous visits. I was handed the bill to sign. As I read what was done, the clerk remarked that was all the things that was done and that I would get my own copy. While she did not say this, I was left with the impression that I need not review the bill but only sign it as I Will get a copy to read later.

While the front desk clerk was all business, there was no warm and friendly small talk that would make a customer'experience better and that would leave a positive impression on the customer. In fact, I was thankful to leave this negative, uncomfortable environment. This experience was very different than past visits where the front desk clerk was friendly, helpful and explained what was done to the car and often, someone from the garage wou,d also discuss the work performed. I hope this feedback is helpful and that the business sees a ckmplaint as a gift.

I will continue to recommend the shop in hopes that either it was an unusual day on the day of my visit and not typical or that the atmosphere will change as a rule of this feedback.
Jeff T. from Upstate Imports Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

I spoke with Diane about her review and her experience.

We recently opened a second location and hired a new receptionist and service manager for the Bville location and they are still learning the new software and new customers and dealing with scheduling between the 2 locations.

Diane was just critiquing how the business was being handled (very much appreciated) and that I should know how she was treated.

I printed this out and let the employees involved read for themselves, they did not seem to realize how they mishandled the situation.

Diane is happy with her service otherwise and said she would be back.

PS
Pete S.
Liverpool, NY
BMW Z4
09/13/2019
My car was properly diagnosed and repaired. Very quick turnaround and fair. Would highly recommend !

09/04/2019
Auto service as it should be
Needed an oil change, check of the fluids and an estimate of the remaining battery life.
All done while I waited.
I count on the guys at Upstate Imports to keep our BMW and Mercedes in top form.
Never a problem with their services in the 5+ years I've been one of their customers.

Tom B.
Mercedes-Benz 380SL
07/16/2019
accomodating
Needed to switch my appointment time for my vehicle inspection. Called and explained why the switch was needed and Marvin said let me take a look and see what is available. I asked if I could come in some time today and he find a time for me to bring in my car. The inspection was done right on the new time and was in and out in about 25 minutes. As usual great service and they are always there for the customer!

PC
Pete C.
Alexandria Bay, NY
Land Rover Range Rover
07/06/2019
Marvin is awesome
Would do 5 stars but his receptionist is not helpful. Just tries to get you off the phone.

LG
Lisa G.
Mercedes-Benz ML350
06/29/2019
Exceptional service
I am always happy after I deal with the fine people at Upstate. They go out of their way to provide exceptional service and make you feel that you are important to them.

HS
Hugh S.
Jordan, NY
06/19/2019
Stands Behind Their Work
I will preface this review by noting that it has been upgraded significantly from one-star to five-stars. I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty details of everything, but I will say that the owner of the shop, Jeff, reached out to make things right with me after I gave them a bad rating. I initially left a bad rating because they recommended replacing a part that they had replaced roughly two years ago. Jeff reached out to inform me that the part was actually covered under warranty and he offered to personally look over my car. When I got the car back, he did a great job explaining what the issue was and helped me with a couple questions I had about the car. On top of that, he even threw in a free oil change!

Although it would've been more ideal to not go to the shop twice, I think Jeff handled things exactly how he should have: He solved the problem, provided excellent customer service, and tossed in something extra to make up for lost time. For that, he gets five-stars and a customer that will continue to go back to his shop!

GK
Guy K.
Fulton, NY
06/19/2019
Top notch service!
Easy to set up an appointment. Personable from the scheduling desk to the maintenance supervisor. Timely and quality work. Looks out for the customer’s best interest as if you were a family member. Offered quotes on actual maintenance issues requiring consideration. Not made up issues. No pressure. Thank you for such great service!

DA
David A.
Mount Vision, NY
Jaguar XK8
06/12/2019
Once again I am happy to report I am more than pleased with my experience with Upstate

Ron M.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
06/04/2019
Good determination of sensors. Problem solved.
Problem was solved.

05/23/2019
Always pleased with their auto service
The A/C on the X3 wasn't producing really cold air and needed to have the system recharged.
Marvin was able to get me in and out quickly while I waited. Ice cold air now flows from the dash vents.
All set for summer driving! Thank you Upstate Imports!

CF
Chris F.
Liverpool, NY
Saab 9-3
05/04/2019
Quality repair work for European cars
Upstate Imports has serviced my Porsche and my Saab. I find them to be attentive and accommodating.

Cheryl B.
Pulaski, NY
Alfa Romeo Spider
04/11/2019
pleasant and work completed quickly
I was greeted with pleasantries by the receptionist and assured that my additional request for assistance with a recent problem would be addressed promptly. The work was done very quickly and expertly. The waiting room is very clean and relaxing. Fresh coffee is also available. I wouldn't think of taking my foreign car anywhere else to have needed work done.

Phoenix, NY
Audi S4
03/30/2019
Quality and honest work- at a good price
I made the appointment fairly last minute. They easily accommodated me. I have taken all of my Audi and BMWs here for service in the last 10 years. They do a great job!!

GD
Gary D.
02/23/2019
Unplanned work done
The unplanned expenditure was required for emergency brake line work. All done All good. Thank you.

12/13/2018
Easy and quick visit, as always
Justin had me in and out for a NYSI, oil change, fluid and tire pressure check.
These guys are great. Their advice is always solid and they deliver consistently professional service.
Why look elsewhere? I'm a 5 year customer and have never been disappointed with services on either the BMW or the Mercedes.

GD
Gary D.
11/29/2018
Time for inspection again
Took care of issues as usual at the right price. Always great work

Michael H.
11/16/2018
2011 BMW X5
The service was awesome, I was referred to Upstate by another great auto shop, after they found codes that they were able to determine their meaning. Upstate was able to determine the cause and give me important information in regards of a BMW “Care package”/recall that will ultimately have be repaired by a BMW dealer for free.

Phoenix, NY
Audi Q7
11/15/2018
Brake service
Great work. Solid value...

TL
Todd L.
11/09/2018
Friendly professional staff
It was my first visit but they made it feel like ive been there 100 plus times....i will be back for all my cars needs