Vic Williams Tire & Auto

CL
Crystle L.
02/03/2017
Enormous Makeup prices.
Check engine light Makeup price : they said the charge $75 for diagnastic and they add labor $86 totally $161. After I got the same free diagnostic from Auto Zone, after he got my finger twisted to do another diagnastic, amazingly the diagnastic where they same.
I was mesmerized, shocked, ran over by an 18 wheeler. The makeup price on parts by Vic markup $83, $59 compared to the O Reilly ! : $30, $54. Their answer : this is how we stay in business
I got an answer for non mechanical mundane car owners : staying away from VIC Williams Tire & Auto, this is how we KEEP money in out pockets

DJ
D J.
Hiram, GA
02/15/2016
Beware
paid for front end alignment don't think it was ever done, front tires after a few thousand miles are worn severe on the outside. I was told that the wear was due to needing a front alignment.. ???

REGINA B.
Temple, GA
Cadillac CTS
12/22/2015
Entirely Overpriced
I posted on my facebook page what a ripoff you are. I paid $74 for a diagnostic. Though you say you charge for one, you don't indicate how much. I could have gotten the same diagnostic from Autozone free. I went to another person that hated to charge me $125 for the labor to replace my plugs but he said it was difficult to get to. You said I needed a fuel filter but I didn't. I bought a fuel filter and the plugs for $48. You said the parts were 60 something, so I guess you mark those up too. Your price over $400. I paid $168 because since I didn't need the fuel filter at all, he only charged $120 for the labor and gave me a credit of the labor on a future fuel filter. I may be a woman but that doesn't make me stupid. You wanted a lot for putting tires on and I used these people before to do that because you were high. Their price $10 per tire. They also charged nothing to unstop a plugged condensate drain on my car. I bet you don't do anything for free! I felt very ripped off for the mere diagnostic and violated just by being given that crazy price on the work. You REALLY thought I hadn't had an oil change in 17,000 miles???????? Wow. I have my oil changed about every 5000 miles or less. My sticker showed 17,000 miles. It would not even be running if that was the case. I can't say enough about how ridiculous this experience was. Your front office lady was very nice. That's about the only good thing I have to say about this experience.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 12/23/2015

Thanks for your imput. Our pricing for parts and labor is based on a formula that has allowed us to remain in business for many years and is a median range for our industry and location. We can only make reccomendations on what we see visually and with our test equipment so when we see an original 13 year old fuel filter and an oil change sitcker that is 17,000 miles out of range we have to mention it  The powertrain control module also had 4 fault codes stored indicating both driveability and emission problems.
Congratulations on finding someone to take care of your car but you are right, we charge for any service, my technicians only make money if there is an invoice and no body i know is asked to work for free on their job.

LEN B.
Hiram, GA
07/09/2015
Did nit test drive
When we picked up the Explorer it had a bad vibration when we turned corners. The problem (we were told) was in the power steering from moving the wheels during the brake job. If the car was properly test driven the issue would have been detected and driven more until the issue resolved itself; or at the very least notify us that the problem may occur and would go away with driving. Was not happy we had to return the vehicle to the shop wasting our time when it should have been detected before returning the vehicle to us.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 07/09/2015

Sir you were told that because it was true - all Rangers and Explorers with a rack and pinion steering as your vehicle is equipped are subject to this condition after wheels are turned in air with engine not running and I don't know of another vehicle that is prone to this anomaly- the engine can not be running while doing this and it does not happen every time. It was noticed on the test drive and sat overnight before delivery. This normally will allow the aeration to dissipate so the condition was not not noted on the ticket which turned out to be the wrong thing to do. If you do come back for any other services i would be glad to comp you an oil change for your trouble. This condition goes away by itself but i certainly know how unsettling this can be when felt, again i am sorry for the assumption that the aeration had abated overnight and hope to see you again.
Vic

V
very .
07/07/2015
takes forever
This shop was recommended by a family member. Came in for an oil change and 2 hours later my car was just taken into the garage. 1 customer was told his car was taking so long because its hard to get his air filter off. I want to leave but I've been here so long. All of workers seem to follow kenneth around and were just standing in the waiting area and eating popcorn. I went out to look in the garage and the ssme was happening except they were eating popsicles too. Current time is 10:30 and counting...

V
very .
07/07/2015
takes forever
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 07/07/2015

Oil changes are done by our general service technicians - they were not milling around but did have several jobs to complete when your job ticket was created. This is not our normal pace especally after just adding an additional general service tech to help with the flow. Everyone's time is important and we are sorry to have taken so much of yours.

Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 07/07/2015

Actually there is more to the story - the vehicle had a check engine light that we retrieved the code and diagnosed an inoperative catalytic converter and gave an estimate for the repair before she added the oil change to the ticket by this time 45 minutes had passed - the emission repair was not done but we did a diagnosis and reset on the computer memory at no charge - this is normally a 74.00 charge that was waived to just be a nice guy.

STEVEN M.
GMC Sierra
07/03/2015
Ridiculous price.
Outrageous price to press an axle bearing on and off. I had to help the technician. Took a total of 25 minutes and charged me $75. Will not return.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 07/06/2015

The job done for him was what is known as a "canned job" which is a set price of 8/10's of an hour at $90.00 per hour which means if it's ten minutes or two hours it is the same price - this job also requires skill and or special tools not available to whoever did the same job before us. The assistance from him was not requested.

Michael H.
Austell, GA
06/11/2015
Bad Service
I took my brother hear to get his Tires rotated, balanced and a front end alignment. Took them almost 3 hours to rotate and balance. Then they would not do the front end alignment because they discovered a bad right rear wheel bearing. They were asking to much money to fix the bad wheel bearing so we did not have that done. We got back in his truck and they had thrown all the contents that were in is glove box in the floorboard. They claimed they were looking for a lug nut key to take the locked wheel lug nuts off. My brothers truck does not have locking wheel lug nuts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell the difference between a standard lug nut and a locking lug nut. Stay away from these idiots.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 06/12/2015

I apologize for the miscommunication on this vehicle and the wait time (which was 2 hours and 10 minutes from write up to invoice), the bad wheel bearing on the truck is on the left front which should be replaced before alignment. The design of the bearing on the Colorado/Canyon front wheel bearing requires an expensive part and is a labor intensive job which does make it pricey, with the oversize tires we didnt price the value line product which would save some money but may not have lasted. I dont know why we decided that it had a locking lug nut before we looked or why we forgot to replace the contents of the glove box after looking except that most of the custom wheel/tire packages like this have locks. At the time of arrival we did have a lot of cars waiting for service and the repair time was longer than normal but with the larger wheel/tires it always takes longer than the same vehicle with original fitted products. Again I am sorry for the long wait and embarassed that we disturbed the glove box, Thanks Vic Williams

AW
AMY W.
Powder Springs, GA
Isuzu Rodeo
12/06/2014
Came back for service that wasn't done at previous visit.
After calling to speak with the shop manager Terry to let it be known that I had a strong sense that my oil had not been changed when I had been in for some work a few months prior (4 new tires, shocks, struts, etc.) considering the oil light was coming on for the first time in the history of me owning this vehicle which I've been the only owner of, I was told to go ahead and bring it in and they would take care of it, so I headed over to have the oil checked. When I got there, there was only 1 other person in the waiting room. After waiting for over an hour in the waiting area with my 2 year old daughter, they were finally going to take my vehicle back. I requested to see the oil as it came out, and as I had suspected, what little oil did come out was thick and black as night. I reiterated that it didn't look like the oil had been changed at my prior visit which I had suspected due to the fact that the washer fluid was also completely empty after that service had supposedly been done which was also extremely ill-timed given that I drove down to Sanibel Island, FL immediately after that prior service which is a 10 hour drive with no way to wash my windshield while driving. I was then told by the gentleman I'd been speaking to (Kenneth or Kieth I believe), that I was 1400 miles over the 3000 mile recommended oil change mileage, as if to suggest it was my negligence that caused the oil light to come on and the oil to be so low and black. Again, I have NEVER had the oil light come on before, even when there are times I would stretch the oil changes to 5000 or so miles in between, which is acceptable , even though it's "recommended" to do it at 3000. However, the one that got skipped put my vehicle closer to 10-12,000 miles in between, thus the oil light and extremely low, black oil being the result. I then asked him if he could find the previous ticket when the oil should have been changed to see if there were any remarks regarding the type of oil, etc. to give an indication if it had or hadn't been done so we could see what had taken place instead of assume and insinuate, and he said he'd get to the bottom of it. By the time my car was pulled back around front, there was no mention of whether or not he did find the prior ticket as if it were a non-issue at that point. So I basically had to come in and wait 2 hours for a service that I had paid for a few months prior, with no explanation or acknowledgement of their lack of performing the service previously, and no offer to change it again in the near future to clear out what was left from having it overlooked previously. It left something to be desired as far as me feeling I'd want to return for any future service for sure.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 12/08/2014

I am sorry Ms W feels like she had a bad experience with us. We value all customers and strive to perform the best work possible so we take accusations like this seriously. In the spirit of customer relations we did another oil change for her at no charge.
All oil looks alike at high mileage but the brand of oil filter and the inventory of this filter being correct indicated the service was performed.
Unfortunately it did take a while to get the vehicle into our shop on a busy Saturday morning with the shop full of cars even though there were few customers present.
When possible we confirmed the oil filter was our brand which is in itself not conclusive but indicates we changed it. It had been 5010 miles since the vehicle had been in and the oil was dark and oil level was low. This type of vehicle is known to consume oil as a Google search will indicate and my own experience with a 2002 Trooper II with the same engine confirmed.
At this age and mileage the oil level should be checked more often to prevent low level conditions which we would be happy to do.
We would like to continue to service Ms W's vehicle but if there is a lack of trust this may not be possible, however it is now time for the 6,000 mile tire rotation, free with tire purchase.

ET
ESKEDAR T.
Acworth, GA
09/28/2014
Not great i was told it will take 1 hour to fix my car end up being 6 hours and also the price was changed 3 times
It's not everybody that have the time and money I for one did not have much on both the 6 hours that took to get my car fix after being told 1hour also price to fix my car was changed 3 times which was way over my budget maybe I got unlucky but will not go back

GJ
GERNI J.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/20/2014
too pricey
Too pricey, service needs affordable for our community

CT
CHRISTOPHER T.
Austell, GA
05/31/2014
getting concerned with the service there
We've been going here for a few years now but lately I'm concerned as they seem to not be quite as thorough or honest as they were before. There are some new faces there (used to be Vic and Terry all the time, now neither of them seem to have time for customers). Maybe that's the difference. I had to bring our car back there twice for the same basic issue and they charged over $300 both time. The 2nd time they started out saying I owed nothing then called me later saying they made a mistake and I owed them after all... not sure if I will keep driving that far if I can't trust them.

BP
BRIDGET P.
Chevrolet Traverse
03/13/2014
Vehicle Alignment
Was disappointed in customer service received. I called & told lady that I needed my tires rotated (which I purchased there) & that I needed a "Front End Alignment". I asked for cost & was told $65.00. When I got there I again inquired as to cost & said I just wanted front aligned. When I got the bill it was $83.00. When I asked why, I was told that they couldn't do just a front-end alignment since it was a 4-wheel drive car. I asked why I was not told that prior to them doing the work. The lady could not give me an explanation. Being a woman & not a mechanic, I feel that they should have been honest with me & said something. The problem seemed to be that the receptionist did not converse with the shop people as to what I asked for so they could have explained to me instead of waiting until the bill was presented so I would have had the option to not have the service done.

GR
GEORGE R.
Ford Crown Victoria
07/24/2013
improper repair & diagnostics
I brought my 1994 crown vic in and said it was swaying in the front end. After about 30 minutes they came out and said two options. 1) needs upper and lower ball joints both sides. Front end alignment after work. Price $580. Option 2) replace ball joints and shocks, $685. I said replace ball joints if it will fix the problem. After 2 days I had new front shocks installed elsewhere . Since a week went by I finally got too drive it on the highway, still wonders off and sways. Had my adopted Father look at it said it's in the steering column. So I was slightly disappointed, because I was told it was fixed after a test drive. I didn't have the money had too put it on a credit card. In the past they have done excellent work on my vehicles. Don't know what happened? Thank you.

Mohmad S.
Chevrolet Avalanche
06/24/2013 Category: Service
Mohmad said he will not be going back to this business. He said they are rude and they do not know how to treat their customers. He called the business ahead of time and they told him to bring his vehicle in so they could give him an estimate. The personnel gave him an estimate and he asked if he could compare prices to different businesses and they told him that he could. When he was leaving, the personnel told him he had a $26 charge for his estimate. After he left the business, he received a call from the personnel to let him know that they did not want him to come back to the business or their property. He went back to the business and the personnel told him that it had not been him on the phone.

KATHY, KIMBERLY, KATHERINE S.
Kia Sorento
06/17/2013
Belts
I had my belts changed and the next day they started making a squealing noise. I took the car back in the have them looked at. No one took responsibility.

GJ
GERNI J.
Chevrolet Suburban
06/16/2013
Price?
Service is great, if you don't mind paying the price.

Jeremy B.
Temple, GA
05/28/2013 Category: Service
Jeremy said they wanted $400 to go under his dashboard, but they were only 80 percent sure the compressor problem would be there. He decided to not have the work done because he could get it done for less elsewhere. He said in the past they told him they would have to cover up the EZR valves to stop a rough idle. He was charged $85 for them to remove a hose and plug it up, which was not a cover up. He said he would not recommend this business because they lied to him and he could get the work done cheaper elsewhere.

PB
PERRY & GENIE B.
Cadillac DeVille
04/09/2013
Unhappy with Service
Recently we were told (offsite) that our rattle problem was due to a catalytic converter, so we took the car & asked to have the converter replaced, which was done. When picking up the car, the same rattle was there and were told it was the air suspension system. I feel that when the car was started to move to the pick up area, someone should have noticed the same rattle & given an explanation rather than just let us spend $500 & still have the same rattle. Also a few months ago, we had a leak in the coolant reservoir which was replaced, yet the problem persists. The techs are not looking for collatoral causes.

Johnna L.
Mableton, GA
07/03/2019
Wish he was still in Austell
Always felt safe going to Vic whether in Austell or Dallas. Honest, effiecient, fair priced and gooservice.