Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5Overall Rating 4.64286/5rating 4.64286
Overall Rating 1.85714/5rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714rating 1.85714
Latest Review over 1 year ago

YK
YONG/YOUNGBOON K.
MINI Cooper
12/17/2015
Always dependable,courteous and prompt service.Keep up the good work. Lucky to have you in our neighborhood.
Thank for the good service.

IC
IONEL C.
Volvo V70
12/17/2015
Very slow service
I was there for a safety inspection and waited for 40 minutes in a time that there were only two cars in the shop and 10 employees talking have nothing to do. The mechanic finished the job and left my car outside not saying anything for another ten minutes. I had to ask the front desk what happen and why am I not getting my car back before he return with the keys. Right after that I asked for an oil change since the shop was very slow. I waited another 40 minutes while 3 mechanics worked on my car. Apparently they did something wrong as I left with a noise coming from the front of the car that I never had. It got worst the next day. I will return to the shop today.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/17/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing these matters to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into what would have caused the vehicle to take so long.  I appreciate you taking the time and speaking with me this morning on the matter as well.  We will definitely be looking into where that noise is coming from as well this afternoon once you come in.  We greatly appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to work with you.

MARTIN P.
Nissan Maxima
12/16/2015
Friend, clean, efficient, prompt, good pricing.
As always since we moved to VA, very VERY pleased with VA tire.

JOHN C.
12/15/2015
Outstanding service
Service was fast and my visit was pleasant as always!

SHARON M.
Potomac Falls, VA
Saab 9-7X
12/14/2015
Concern Opinion required
Great team. Very honest in answering my questions and giving recommendations rather than just trying to sell me services

AR
ANDREW R.
Nissan Frontier
12/14/2015
Fast and courteous
Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades was very clean. Everyone was very courteous, I will be returning if I need work done on my truck.

DAWN S.
12/13/2015
Excellent customer service
You have great customer service. I always feel like everything was taken care of and that I am not given a story about extra work that is not necessary. Very ethical business.

KR
KATHY R.
Acura MDX
12/12/2015
Professionalism
Rigo is always very helpful and courteous.

PL
PAM L.
12/11/2015
Honest, courteous and fast service. Also the complimentary van pick up and drop off service.
Yes, all the employees are very friendly and helpful. As stated above they are honest, courteous and let you know what is going on. I would reccommend to a friend.

DIANN L.
Lovettsville, VA
Kia Rio
12/10/2015
Review of service required
I was very pleased with the service I received on my latest( and 1st) visit to VA Tire. John & all the staff were very helpful & efficient, and it was convenient for me to drop off my vehicle early in the morning before being shuttled to work. I also appreciate that the shop is open later than most mechanics' shops.

JON/LAURA B.
Subaru
12/09/2015
TPMS Reset
I put on my winter tyres and wheels, and because they are required to have a tyre pressure sender, and the ECU only stores four codes (come on Subaru...it's a computer...how about 5 to include the spare or even 10...and how about a manual method to pick up the codes. Even my 2005 Hummer can do that.) my TPMS light on the dash was on. I dropped by and the people were only too happy to help. Unfortunately the code reader did not have a setting for the 2016 Subaru WRX, so we tried the 2013. Because the light did not go off, the chap thought the reset had failed and suggested I go to another location with a newer reader. Much to my surprise the next morning when I started the car, the light was off. I guess the ECU picked up the new codes anyway. There were three chaps working to get the reader to function correctly, but because it did not receive feedback from the car, they thought it had failed. High marks for persistence. And high marks for not charging me for what was probably a man-hour of effort.

ALFONSO M.
12/09/2015
Excellent service team
I came in for my service appointment and process was by quick from check in to completion.

LT
LIZ/BILL T.
Chrysler Pacifica
12/08/2015
The people who work there care about fixing my car and they want to make me happy.
I would highly recommend Virginia Tire And Auto in Cascades.

NC
NICK/JACLYN C.
Mazda 6
Efficient and freindly
Efficient and friendly service always has me coming back

JOE/MARYLOU B.
12/08/2015
Took the time to review unexpected repairs
When something totally unexpected came up on our annual safety inspection, BIPA and the Safety Inspector both took the time to go over the problem and help us feel comfortable that these were truly needed. Also, when the repairs were going to take longer to get completed, they were able to provide us with a loaner car which was very helpful on a busy weekend.

HF
HANTING F.
Toyota Yaris
12/07/2015
Great place to take your car
Fast service for an oil change + state inspection. Very friendly staff!

RICHARD B.
Great Falls, VA
Mercedes-Benz E320
12/07/2015
Competitive price and efficient service
best in both areas

DE
DAVID E.
Mazda 3
12/07/2015
good at extracting money from you
every time I go to this place I find that they excel at extracting more and more money from me. this time around I paid nearly $50 for a conventional oil change (nickle and dime shop fees, disposal fee, etc). they refused to patch one of the $800 set of tires I bought from them and instead wanted me to buy another $200 tire. not a very good understanding of customer loyalty or how to keep customers happy. this is the last time they get my business.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/08/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.  I did take a look at your paperwork and saw that they had notated that the tire had a nail that was to close to the edge of the tire for repair.  We do not perform string plugs here as it is not considered a full repair and can potentially leak.  When we repair tires we dismount them and patch them from the inside, and because of this if the puncture is to close to the edge the patch will not fit or can leak when driven over.  We do offer tire protection when the tires are purchased to help reduce the cost of replacement tires in situations such as these.  I would be more than happy to inspect the tire myself if you would like to bring it by.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We greatly appreciate your business and hope to service your vehicle more in the future.

ROBERT G.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
12/06/2015
Excellent as always
They know my cars, trucks and even bike!
Efficiently completing work needed and I'm on my way! What could beat that?

BJ
BRAD J.
12/05/2015
Rude and chauvinistic
Made my wife feel stupid and disrespected. Did not explain that cheaper oil change options existed. Seemed "put out" to provide a ride home when maintenance took longer than expected (house is less than a mile from the shop).
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/06/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and letting us know about your experience.  We will definitely be looking into this as we take these matters very seriously.  I did see where they performed a full synthetic oil change on the vehicle and I did see that is what was used last time it was in for service.  We still should have provided all the options and informed you on what service you were receiving.  We do offer a shuttle service to our customers and it is here for your convenience.  I apologize if the staff made you feel as though it was a burden.  I will also be reaching out to you as well.  We do appreciate your business over the years and hope to continue to service your vehicles.  I look forward to speaking with you soon.