Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades

4.6

RZ
Roman Z.
06/28/2020
Had many issues caused by this establishment!
Had my infinity serviced at this place the other day, very simple thing such as oil change needed to be done. When I got back home and parked on my driveway I’ve noticed that something was leaking very heavily on my driveway. I looked under the car and found that engine coolant tube was broken off! They did not want to admit the guilt up until I requested to watch the video recording from the shop, after battling for several hours they agreed to fix it! Unfortunately this is not the only occasion when they broke something in my Infiniti and Honda. Nevertheless, trying to avoid coming to this place ever since!!!

Kira B.
Washington, DC
10/03/2017
Botched a Simple Oil Change
I went for a simple oil change and they did not install the oil filter properly, leading to a seized engine and hundreds of dollars of repair work.

KT
KRIS T.
Herndon, VA
Subaru Impreza
01/19/2016
Pricey but fair and professional
I brought my car into VA tire and Auto of Cascades for a brake inspection. Upon getting under my car the technicians discovered the undercarriage was coated in engine oil which had been leaking. They showed me everything they found and explained it to me in a simple manner. After getting a degreaser package and coolant pressure test it was determined that my head gaskets were leaking coolant and oil. I decided to shop around for service and actually found that the Subaru dealer ( I have a Subaru) was going to charge me about 25% less than VA Tire and Auto so i decided to go with them. The one issue I did have with VA Tire and Auto is the amount of markup they wanted to charge me for the parts involved in the head gasket service. 200% more than the authentic Subaru parts that the dealership used for generic brand auto parts. Be wary of this. Other than that they are honest and trustworthy from what I could tell from my experience.

IC
IONEL C.
Volvo V70
12/17/2015
Very slow service
I was there for a safety inspection and waited for 40 minutes in a time that there were only two cars in the shop and 10 employees talking have nothing to do. The mechanic finished the job and left my car outside not saying anything for another ten minutes. I had to ask the front desk what happen and why am I not getting my car back before he return with the keys. Right after that I asked for an oil change since the shop was very slow. I waited another 40 minutes while 3 mechanics worked on my car. Apparently they did something wrong as I left with a noise coming from the front of the car that I never had. It got worst the next day. I will return to the shop today.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/17/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing these matters to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into what would have caused the vehicle to take so long.  I appreciate you taking the time and speaking with me this morning on the matter as well.  We will definitely be looking into where that noise is coming from as well this afternoon once you come in.  We greatly appreciate your business over the years and look forward to continuing to work with you.

DE
DAVID E.
Mazda 3
12/07/2015
good at extracting money from you
every time I go to this place I find that they excel at extracting more and more money from me. this time around I paid nearly $50 for a conventional oil change (nickle and dime shop fees, disposal fee, etc). they refused to patch one of the $800 set of tires I bought from them and instead wanted me to buy another $200 tire. not a very good understanding of customer loyalty or how to keep customers happy. this is the last time they get my business.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/08/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.  I did take a look at your paperwork and saw that they had notated that the tire had a nail that was to close to the edge of the tire for repair.  We do not perform string plugs here as it is not considered a full repair and can potentially leak.  When we repair tires we dismount them and patch them from the inside, and because of this if the puncture is to close to the edge the patch will not fit or can leak when driven over.  We do offer tire protection when the tires are purchased to help reduce the cost of replacement tires in situations such as these.  I would be more than happy to inspect the tire myself if you would like to bring it by.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.  We greatly appreciate your business and hope to service your vehicle more in the future.

BJ
BRAD J.
12/05/2015
Rude and chauvinistic
Made my wife feel stupid and disrespected. Did not explain that cheaper oil change options existed. Seemed "put out" to provide a ride home when maintenance took longer than expected (house is less than a mile from the shop).
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 12/06/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and letting us know about your experience.  We will definitely be looking into this as we take these matters very seriously.  I did see where they performed a full synthetic oil change on the vehicle and I did see that is what was used last time it was in for service.  We still should have provided all the options and informed you on what service you were receiving.  We do offer a shuttle service to our customers and it is here for your convenience.  I apologize if the staff made you feel as though it was a burden.  I will also be reaching out to you as well.  We do appreciate your business over the years and hope to continue to service your vehicles.  I look forward to speaking with you soon.

LG
LAWRENCE G.
Toyota T100
11/09/2015
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash
Brought truck in to investigate occasional brake warning indicator on dash (and to get new VA inspection sticker and emissions test). I was told, by one of your service reps, that the brake warning indicator was observed at the shop (when putting the truck in the inspection line), but that it cleared. Since it cleared, and wasn't observed by the mechanic(s), it could not be troubleshooted/isolated. Truck failed both mechanical and emissions inspections, so approximately $1600 of repairs were needed to pass the inspections (and get new inspection sticker). I have no issue with the repairs to pass inspection. What surprised me was that when I received the invoice/bill, I saw a note saying "customer declined "Brake Warning Flash - DIAG"which would have costed $114.

The main reason I brought the truck in was to get the brake warning light resolved. I was told that the brake system was checked (Bill shows "Complimentary Inspection" and no trouble was found, and that no further investigation was possible unless the brake light indicator would stay on, or at least be predictably repeated.

The fact that your mechanics can't do anything about the intermittent brake warning light on the dashboard make me think your mechanic(s) are incompetent.

Then to include the statement on my bill that says that I declined "Brake Warning Flash - Diag" service for $114 is truly mind boggling and confusing.

I'm a long time, regular, multi-car customer.

I just don't get it.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/10/2015

We appreciate your business over the years and are grateful you took the time to let us know how your experience went.  I'm glad that we were able to get your vehicle through it's inspections.  In regards to the brake light, I can understand how frustrating it could be when you bring the vehicle in with a problem but a solution can not be found.  I know the light was initially on during the inspections but when the vehicle was in for the technician to check it over it was off.  We looked over the system for anything obvious but nothing was found.  If the problem is not currently there then every time we test the components they are going to come back good.  We need to be able to run the diagnostic while the problem is occurring to pin point the problem area and verify what is needed.  Otherwise we would just be guessing.  We would be glad to look into this for you further if the problem returns.  Let us know if we can be of any help to you.

PL
PENNY and DAVID L.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
11/01/2015
You did NOT fix the truck.
We paid you almost $400 and exactly 24 hours later the truck broke down again.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 11/03/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and letting us know about what is going on with your vehicle.  We do offer a 2yr / 24k mile warranty on all of our work and will definitely look into what is going on with your vehicle.  I will be contacting you as well so that we can set up an appointment time and arrange for a loaner vehicle for you if needed.  We look forward to speaking with you.

MICHEAL H.
Ford Econoline
10/20/2015
Convenient, local, and quality autowork, but now concerned estimate doesn't give me lowest costs to me.
I gave only 2/5 because my driver side mirror was cracked, and was quoted over $200 to replace a $13 piece of glass. I can only assume the estimate was to replace the whole rearview unit, when only the replacing the glass was necessary. Removing the old glass and applying the new took me 15 minutes. Didn't even need a qualified mechanic to do it. If this was your vehicle, would you have paid over $200 for replacing a rear view mirror glass? It bums me out, because I've been happy with the quality of service up til now, but now I am not sure if your estimates are for the work actually required to fix the problem and that I am being charged to replacing items that don't need replacing. Your estimate should not have cost me more than $50.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you taking the time and bringing this matter to our attention.  I went through and located the estimate that was provided to you and it was in fact for just the glass portion to be replaced on the driver side view mirror.  From what I can see the price was provided for an OEM mirror which would cost more than purchasing one from a glass or mirror supplier directly.  I had attempted to reach out as well but the gentleman I spoke with on the phone stated the number was incorrect.  Please give us a call when you get the chance.  We hope to continue to service your vehicle in the future.

JENIFER T.
Kia Sedona
10/19/2015
Disappointed
While fixing my van another part was damaged which of course was fixed for free. Although I appreciate the loaner car and free oil change I don't feel I was adequately compensated for the inconvenience and not properly kept in the loop of when the part would arrive. I understand mishaps happen but I was not convinced of great customer service especially since the orig. work to be done cost quite a bit of money. I could only recommend to another person because of its convenient location and shuttle service.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/20/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  I again want to apologize for the lack of communication about the parts not arriving when scheduled.  Thank you again for taking the time and speaking with me about this matter.  We look forward to continuing to service your vehicle.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

GP
front desk courteous, tech courteous

NP
NANCY P.
10/01/2015
Will find another place to get my car serviced.
Slow! Customers who came in after me were serviced before me. Disorganized - I thought they had finished but they found something that they wanted to replace keeping me there even longer. Location is convenient for me but the service is disappointing.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 10/01/2015

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may look into it.  I went through the video to check and see what caused your wait time to be so long.  The vehicle was in line for inspection and there were a few cars before yours which caused the wait time to be longer.  During the beginning and end of each month we tend to be busier with inspections.  I did see that once the vehicle was in the shop we were able to perform the services and repairs in roughly 45 minutes.  I apologize if this was not brought to your attention or a realistic time frame was not provided.  We hope to continue to service your vehicle in the future.  Please let us know if there are any other questions or concerns you may have.

JEFF S.
Kia Sedona
09/24/2015
Tried to rip me off with repairs not needed!
They said my power steering unit was leaking and needed to be replaced. I told them that they were the ones who did my last oil change and service 13 months ago and it only had 3000 miles since according to their sticker on my window and when I looked at the power steering reservoir it was all the way to the max line without a drop low. When I said what about that..how could it be leaking in not a drop was missing in 13 months and the store Manager who was telling me all this and showing me the car, his response was.."well how do I know if you didn't fill it back up!" When he said that I said a few choice words and told him to take my car off the rack and he lost a customer who had been bring my 5 cars to them before when it was Merchant tire for 5 years never had a problem but since they changed to Virginia tire could recommend them after that obvious attempt to scan me. Had they looked at the miles on the car and the sticker in the window was theirs from the last oil change they could have seen it was leaking from the power steering but from somewhere else. But even after calling his attention to the reservoir not being a drop low and it was up to the max level he still tried to tell me I still needed the power steering unit replaced.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/24/2015

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.  I recall looking at this vehicle with you to show you the leak but according to the Virginia State Police Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Manual it states that the vehicle fails if "...Power steering is defective and affects adequate steering of the vehicle or power steering fluid in reservoir is below operating level, or if there is an obvious leak of power steering fluid.  Do not reject for dampness."
We would never want our customers to feel that we are trying to scam them and I am sorry if we made you feel that way.  We did not provide you an estimate and it was explained that the work did not need to be performed at our facility.  You are able to have it repaired anywhere you like and we could always perform the re-inspection for you afterwards.  We appreciate your business over the years and we hope to continue to service your vehicles.  Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

THOMAS M.
Berryville, VA
09/08/2015
Why Virginia Tire Failed Me
Twice this year I have been to Virginia Tire to have work done on my car. TWICE I asked for a written quotation on special type of tire I wanted to purchase. BOTH TIMES I WAS PROMISED THIS but NOBODY ever followed through. You all left me twisting in the wind. One time I had scheduled a meeting with one of your sales people. When I showed up at the appointed time, he was nowhere to be found. The front desk paged him, but he never showed. Yes he was on site, several folks claimed to have seen in the back. But he could not be bothered to keep his appointment or answer the page. FYI, he is the black guy who works the front desk. I twiddled my thumbs waiting for a half hour past our scheduled appointment to discuss his recommendations and he never showed up or bothered to call me. A neighborhood garage would give me no worse service, plus a better price. What makes you all so special. NOTHING,.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 09/09/2015

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  We will definitely be looking into trying to identify who the sales associate was that was suppose to be helping you.  I appreciate you taking the time with speaking with me about your visits with us and I am glad that we were able to help answer your questions about your tires over the phone.  The estimates have been sent out to you and we look forward to hearing from you and continuing to service your vehicle in the future.  Please let us know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

MIKE W.
08/22/2015
Poor communications, prob not fixed
Took over a day just to diagnose a simple computer code and never got the part delivered so the work did not get done in 3 days. Follow up was not good and I'm not confident that this issue was even properly diagnosed.
Jason M. from Virginia Tire and Auto of Cascades responded on 08/22/2015

We appreciate you writing this review and informing us on how your experience was.  We apologize for it taking so long to identify the cause of your light coming on.  It was an intermittent problem and we wanted to make sure we did everything possible to diagnose your vehicle properly.  Once we identified the cause of the problem we had to have the part mailed in because nobody local carried it which is why we were not able to receive the part prior to you needing the vehicle back.  I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  I had attempted to call as well to help answer any questions or concerns that you may have.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.