Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

CHRISTINE and DREW M.
Ford Expedition
12/12/2015
KNOWLEDGEABLE AND GREAT VEHICLE CARE PROVIDERS
VTASR has been taking care of our family's vehicles since they've opened up a few years ago. We always appreciate their best service and honest troubleshooting, diagnoses and fair prices. Besides service and maintenance on our vehicles, we love the fact that you can bring them parts that you buy from other sources (to save some cashola, of course) and they will install them at a labor only cost. Thanks VTASR!!

JOSEPH S.
Honda Accord
12/11/2015
We have taken our vehicles to Virginia Tire and Auto in South Riding for a number of years now. This last experience did not disappoint. Fast service.

NA
NIKHIL A.
Fairfax, VA
12/09/2015
Fast service with designated slots for different needs.My mechanic was polite and good i donno about others though

SR
SRINIVASA R.
wiper blades
inspection failed for wiper blades. They were good
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

JV
JIM V.
Audi Q5
12/09/2015
was pleased with employee uniforms and clean environment
I am a very picky customer....I am picky on all aspects of a business. I must say that VA Tire scored an A plus on this particular service for my car. As far as an auto shop goes.....these guys are trying hard to serve the customer professionally.

CODY B.
Infiniti G37
12/08/2015
Got in, got out
Good, quick service

ADAM B.
12/07/2015
Recent Tire Purchase
The staff and VA T&A in South Riding was very knowledgeable and helpful in getting me a new set of tires for my truck. Great prices and a great selection.

PM
PAMELA/PHIL M.
12/06/2015
Good work and friendly attitude
Appreciate happy employees, and quick service

TIM S.
Subaru
12/06/2015
They Ferris Bueller'd my car!
Went there to get my winter tires mounted. After about an hour I see my car driving off the lot with all the lights off, it was dark. I run outside and about halfway down the road they turn the lights on and drive toward the highway. A few minutes later it pulls back onto the lot and I'm waiting for the tech who drove it. I ask him why he drove my car off the lot, he said they test drive all cars around the block after mounting tires to ensure they are balanced. That is what their tire balancing machine is for. I go back inside and ask the people behind the desk why my car was driven off the lot, they backed up the tech, but I'm not buying it. Hope he enjoyed the joyride. I'll never be returning there and will recount this story in as posting and to as many of my friends as colleagues that will listen.

PM
PETE M.
That's how they get you
The safety inspection found a brake light out and you charged $20 parts and labor which is excessive.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

JAY H.
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/05/2015
Fast Diagnostic but NOT Cheap and No Fee Waive policy on work to be done.
Took my vehicle in because my check engine light came on. After several hours in their hands, I was quoted a price for $500 just to replace my spark plugs and wires (not including other charges). This seemed very excessive so I took my car to another shop for a second opinion. I understand that time is money but some shops waive the diagnostic fee (in this case $114) if the work is done their. Not in this shop. I do have to say that they were quick in the diagnostic, just think they need to look at their policy of the diagnostic charge.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

JEREMIAH/MARLANA S.
12/05/2015
Pleasant People
I really appreciated the service of not only the wonderful individuals who work at the front desk, but the hardworking technicians who serviced my car when I walked in. All were great to work with. Scott did a great job answering all my questions upon my visit and was very understanding. Thank you Trevor for making my drive safer to and from home and work. It definitely beats spinning out on a bald tire.

JAMES M C.
Toyota Avalon
12/04/2015
Because you asked for feedback, I'll tell you that the only thing I trust VA Tire & Auto to do for me is inspections. The only reason for the one star is that there is no option for zero stars.
During my last visit to the South Riding location (for the inspection of my Avalon), my vehicle failed inspection because the front brake pads were too worn. Your store gave me an estimate of more than $800 to replace the front and rear pads and rotors. The cost for pads and rotors on the estimate was more than twice what I paid for Toyota parts at Ourisman Toyota in Chantilly. Needless to say, I bought the parts and did the work myself for less than $200.

During a previous inspection on the same car, it failed due to a tear in the boot on the steering rack. The estimate to repair came in around $1200. Your guys claimed that there was evidence that the boot had ben torn for a while, that dirt had found its way into the steering rack, and that major overhaul was required. I bought a new, genuine Toyota boot for less than $20 at Ourisman and replaced it myself in about an hour. That was almost 3 years ago, and I haven't had a problem with the steering or alignment since then.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

we appreciate your feedback. Fortunately you are able to address these issues yourself. As with any service provided by a specialist there will be some type of fee associated with the service provided. For those who are able to address these issues themselves the fee always seems very high. However paying for a service also has its rewards. (warrnty, free time, etc..)We perform at least two market surveys a year to ensure we are competitively priced within our area.

KEN B.
12/03/2015
No problems this time

KEN B.
Jaguar XF
12/03/2015
Oil and Filter Change
I went in for a service which basically entailed oil and air filter changes. After about 30 mins they called and said the car was done except needed another 20 mins to wait for delivery of the air filter. 60 mins later I picked up my car. I left and saw the service light was still on. I went back to get it turned off, and found out the air filters I waited for and paid for were never installed in my car. So another 35 mins later my light was turned off and my filters installed. Good thing they didn't finish the job with the light reset or I may not have gone back for the filters. Makes me question any repair now if I can leave without something as minor as this being completed correctly.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and for understanding why this problem occurred. We have been in business for more than 37 years and would not have achieved this by making this our usual business practice. We look forward to exceding your expectations on your next visit.