Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

JAY H.
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/05/2015
Fast Diagnostic but NOT Cheap and No Fee Waive policy on work to be done.
Took my vehicle in because my check engine light came on. After several hours in their hands, I was quoted a price for $500 just to replace my spark plugs and wires (not including other charges). This seemed very excessive so I took my car to another shop for a second opinion. I understand that time is money but some shops waive the diagnostic fee (in this case $114) if the work is done their. Not in this shop. I do have to say that they were quick in the diagnostic, just think they need to look at their policy of the diagnostic charge.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

JEREMIAH/MARLANA S.
12/05/2015
Pleasant People
I really appreciated the service of not only the wonderful individuals who work at the front desk, but the hardworking technicians who serviced my car when I walked in. All were great to work with. Scott did a great job answering all my questions upon my visit and was very understanding. Thank you Trevor for making my drive safer to and from home and work. It definitely beats spinning out on a bald tire.

JAMES M C.
Toyota Avalon
12/04/2015
Because you asked for feedback, I'll tell you that the only thing I trust VA Tire & Auto to do for me is inspections. The only reason for the one star is that there is no option for zero stars.
During my last visit to the South Riding location (for the inspection of my Avalon), my vehicle failed inspection because the front brake pads were too worn. Your store gave me an estimate of more than $800 to replace the front and rear pads and rotors. The cost for pads and rotors on the estimate was more than twice what I paid for Toyota parts at Ourisman Toyota in Chantilly. Needless to say, I bought the parts and did the work myself for less than $200.

During a previous inspection on the same car, it failed due to a tear in the boot on the steering rack. The estimate to repair came in around $1200. Your guys claimed that there was evidence that the boot had ben torn for a while, that dirt had found its way into the steering rack, and that major overhaul was required. I bought a new, genuine Toyota boot for less than $20 at Ourisman and replaced it myself in about an hour. That was almost 3 years ago, and I haven't had a problem with the steering or alignment since then.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

we appreciate your feedback. Fortunately you are able to address these issues yourself. As with any service provided by a specialist there will be some type of fee associated with the service provided. For those who are able to address these issues themselves the fee always seems very high. However paying for a service also has its rewards. (warrnty, free time, etc..)We perform at least two market surveys a year to ensure we are competitively priced within our area.

KEN B.
No problems this time

KEN B.
Jaguar XF
Oil and Filter Change
I went in for a service which basically entailed oil and air filter changes. After about 30 mins they called and said the car was done except needed another 20 mins to wait for delivery of the air filter. 60 mins later I picked up my car. I left and saw the service light was still on. I went back to get it turned off, and found out the air filters I waited for and paid for were never installed in my car. So another 35 mins later my light was turned off and my filters installed. Good thing they didn't finish the job with the light reset or I may not have gone back for the filters. Makes me question any repair now if I can leave without something as minor as this being completed correctly.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and for understanding why this problem occurred. We have been in business for more than 37 years and would not have achieved this by making this our usual business practice. We look forward to exceding your expectations on your next visit.

DAVID G.
Consistent Superior Service
I consistently get value for my $$$ with each visit, no matter how simple or complicated the task. I am treated as if I were their only customer and often I learn something new (and important) about my vehicle. I cannot imagine not going to Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding first ... saving time, aggravation and money. Job well done folks!

SU
STEPHANIE U.
Nissan Rogue
12/03/2015
They took care of my car and gave me appropriate recommendations for what i should do, without trying to oversell products on me. Polite and kind.

SP
SCOTT P.
Excellent as Always
VA Tire and Auto is my go-to vehicle maintenance place in South Riding, VA. The staff is always professional and the service is prompt and complete. I especially like the shuttle as I usually drop my vehicle off, get a ride home, and then have my wife drop me off so it doesn't impact my family as much. Highly recommended.

KK
KIM K.
Centreville, VA
12/03/2015
Great experience at every visit.
The staff is always so nice and friendly. South Riding VA Tire and Auto has a quality about it that other places do not always have. It was recommended to me and I have never been disappointed.

DELLA P.
Alexandria, VA
12/02/2015
Genuine
Oil changed and info provided on how to keep ot in tip top shape without being pushy. Love this place

LK
LOUIS K.
12/02/2015
Routine Emission Check
Car provided ahead of schedule. Courtesy ride to/from home was greatly appreciated.

JOHN P.
Centreville, VA
12/01/2015
Quick and Easy
These guys are always super helpful and professional. Unlike most places, I feel like they only recommend what I need and they don't jack up the price of small things because you need then to pass inspection (like wipers or lights). I always go to VA Tire and Auto for inspections.

CJ
CARLOS J.
Honda Accord
Fix-A-Flat
Had a flat tire, called to inquire about turnaround time, dropped off the tire, about an hour or so later went to pick it up (fixed) and was pleased.

MARY P.
Awesome
Always great service...employees are knowledgeable and patient!!

PK
PHENG K.
GMC Yukon XL
People and their leadership
I have been to this location since they opened and always been pleased with the staff and the leadership team. The entire team is always pleasant and knowledge of what they do. They are always welcome their customers with a smile and are always willing to help. I will continue to bring all my five vehicles here to have all the work done. I hope and wish this type of customer service will not change. Great team and great management.

Best regards,
-PK

MARY/BILL S.
The People are FANTASTIC
Great Repair Center. Trustworthy Staff. Highly Recommend!

JOHN G.
11/27/2015
Car Service
Heath was great, we talked on the phone about my transmission issue and decided that we would change out the filter before going any further, so I would not be wasting any more money. I would recommend Virginia Tire and Auto, I felt that they were honest and sincerely tried to help fix my transmission problem. Thanks Heath

TL
TERRI/TED L.
BMW 330Ci
Quick State inspection
I was able to bring may car in for a state inspection and emissions check. They had the car done in 90 minutes.

DN
DAVID N.
Leesburg, VA
Lexus LX 470
11/25/2015
Always at the counter and greeting people as they walk in makes you feel welcome. Professional, polite, and personble staff.
I have stopped at jiffy lube for assistance a number of times only to be disappointed by employees that are concerned more about themselves than customers. So once I found you, I will bring my business to you.

CG
CHRISTINA G.
Ashburn, VA
Mazda 3
Excellent Service!
I had a flat tire on my way home work and dropped off my car at 6:30 p.m. to be serviced with the intent of leaving the car overnight for pick up the next day. Upon arriving at the desk, the staff member told me that my car would be ready that same evening and within 30 minutes I had my brand new tires and didn't need to miss any days of work or find alternative transportation. Thank you very much, will definitely be back!