Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

THADDEUS/JENNIFER W.
Ashburn, VA
12/14/2015
no sense of urgency from the South Riding Staff
Dropped off my car after hours via the overnight dropbox. The shop opened at 0700 the next morning. I called them at 0725 and the clerk mentioned they had not created the ticket yet (which is fine). At that time I also explained the desire to have the car back by noon. The clerk stated they would have the ticket written up and give me a call before 0900. I did not get a call back from them. I called them back at 0945 and they still have not ran an engine diagnostics. I finally got a call at 1145 with the results of the engine diagnostics. The main issue with this visit was that appeared that I got skipping in line when using the overnight dropoff. Also this is the second time I have taken vehicle to Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and then mysteriously had another issue pop-up 1-2 days later.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for taking the time to allow us to correct this issue. Again, my apologies for not addressing your needs in the time frame you allowed. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

MEGAN M.
12/13/2015
Fast and friendly

CINDY S.
12/12/2015
not so great
I came in to get lights replaced and lube/oil/filter. After I picked up, I pulled into the garage and found the a headlight out and the back light I asked to be replaced was still out. They obviously had not tested/checked before deeming the job complete.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are unable to resolve matters such as these if we are not made aware of them. As suspected there was a deeper issue and i am glad we could resolve this issue for you. Thank you for the business.

CHRISTINE and DREW M.
Chantilly, VA
Ford Expedition
12/12/2015
KNOWLEDGEABLE AND GREAT VEHICLE CARE PROVIDERS
VTASR has been taking care of our family's vehicles since they've opened up a few years ago. We always appreciate their best service and honest troubleshooting, diagnoses and fair prices. Besides service and maintenance on our vehicles, we love the fact that you can bring them parts that you buy from other sources (to save some cashola, of course) and they will install them at a labor only cost. Thanks VTASR!!

JOSEPH S.
Honda Accord
12/11/2015
We have taken our vehicles to Virginia Tire and Auto in South Riding for a number of years now. This last experience did not disappoint. Fast service.

NA
NIKHIL A.
Fairfax, VA
12/09/2015
Fast service with designated slots for different needs.My mechanic was polite and good i donno about others though

SR
SRINIVASA R.
wiper blades
inspection failed for wiper blades. They were good
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

JV
JIM V.
Audi Q5
12/09/2015
was pleased with employee uniforms and clean environment
I am a very picky customer....I am picky on all aspects of a business. I must say that VA Tire scored an A plus on this particular service for my car. As far as an auto shop goes.....these guys are trying hard to serve the customer professionally.

CODY B.

ADAM B.
Aldie, VA
12/07/2015
Recent Tire Purchase
The staff and VA T&A in South Riding was very knowledgeable and helpful in getting me a new set of tires for my truck. Great prices and a great selection.

PM
PAMELA/PHIL M.
Chantilly, VA
12/06/2015
Good work and friendly attitude
Appreciate happy employees, and quick service

TIM S.
Subaru
12/06/2015
They Ferris Bueller'd my car!
Went there to get my winter tires mounted. After about an hour I see my car driving off the lot with all the lights off, it was dark. I run outside and about halfway down the road they turn the lights on and drive toward the highway. A few minutes later it pulls back onto the lot and I'm waiting for the tech who drove it. I ask him why he drove my car off the lot, he said they test drive all cars around the block after mounting tires to ensure they are balanced. That is what their tire balancing machine is for. I go back inside and ask the people behind the desk why my car was driven off the lot, they backed up the tech, but I'm not buying it. Hope he enjoyed the joyride. I'll never be returning there and will recount this story in as posting and to as many of my friends as colleagues that will listen.

PM
PETE M.
That's how they get you
The safety inspection found a brake light out and you charged $20 parts and labor which is excessive.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

JAY H.
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/05/2015
Fast Diagnostic but NOT Cheap and No Fee Waive policy on work to be done.
Took my vehicle in because my check engine light came on. After several hours in their hands, I was quoted a price for $500 just to replace my spark plugs and wires (not including other charges). This seemed very excessive so I took my car to another shop for a second opinion. I understand that time is money but some shops waive the diagnostic fee (in this case $114) if the work is done their. Not in this shop. I do have to say that they were quick in the diagnostic, just think they need to look at their policy of the diagnostic charge.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

JEREMIAH/MARLANA S.
12/05/2015
Pleasant People
I really appreciated the service of not only the wonderful individuals who work at the front desk, but the hardworking technicians who serviced my car when I walked in. All were great to work with. Scott did a great job answering all my questions upon my visit and was very understanding. Thank you Trevor for making my drive safer to and from home and work. It definitely beats spinning out on a bald tire.