Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

super fast, and friendly

GM
GREG M.
10/24/2015
Basic services is quick usually
I've been to VTA SR with both of my vehicles. Customer service is good. No issues to report on them.

EC
EDGARD A C.
Chantilly, VA
Chrysler Sebring
10/22/2015
GREAT!!!
Impeccable service and attention to needs is alwaysthanks again

DELLA P.

PZ
PATRICK Z.
Mazda 3
10/20/2015
Can't keep track of my car?
I had to get a tire changed on short notice. While I'm glad you could accommodate me, I don't appreciate you guys not knowing the status of my car (and also having not gotten to it after I had to call).
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

We deeply apologize for the confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedback such as this allows us to recognize any sort of extra training that might be needed so that we may improve.

DK
DEBRA K.
Hyundai Santa Fe
Crooks
I took my car in for an inspection ( my car had a full and thorough check at 120,000 miles at a reputable place) no mention of tires or brakes came up. I was told I needed both and given a quote of over $1,000. I took it to another place and it passed inspection with no mention of the issues your shop claimed. I suspect this is a way to try and rip people off to get them to pay for services they do not need!
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

We have been in business for 37 years plus. This type of achievement is not accomplished by being dishonest. I hope that we were incorrect and you were not given a false sense of hope by another repair facility. Anytime a vehicle does not pass inspection we offer to show the consumer the issues. This provides reassurance and a good understanding to the consumer. I know that you declined to be shown the issues and really wish that we would have pushed the issue so that you nor we would be in this situation. Thank you.

CHARMELITO M.
VA Safety Inspection
Sukhdev Singh is great! he takes the time to apply the safety inspection sticker nicely, not just merely slapping it on the windshield looking like a mess.

PB
PATRICK B.
Chevrolet Corvette
Went In to Replace Turn Signals, Received a Broken Windsheild
Bottom line up front: When I went to pick it up, there was a huge impact-type break on the middle lower section of the windshield, right above the inspection sticker. I didn't find it - it found me because of how large it was. The mechanic said that "it did not happen in the shop". Well...they obviously do courtesy inspections since (even though I didn't ask), they said my rear tires could be replaced and were worn to near minimum specification, and gave me a quote. So when they pulled the car out of the garage (or in, mind you), how do you miss a large crater in the windshield? BTW, that is an INSPECTION ITEM, so why did you not catch that? All I got was "It didn't happen in the shop!"- but I know it did. It would have been seen prior to bringing it in when the manager came out and opened the hood to see how difficult the job was (the hood opens from the rear side near the windshield so you lift it near the windshield - you could not miss the breakage if it was there!), or when their guy drove it into the service bay, or drove it out. YOU COULD NOT POSSIBLY MISS THE WINDSHIELD BREAKAGE!!! Messing up is one thing, but dishonesty is a whole new level. Service at this location has gone downhill in the past year and a half or two years. I encourage all my friends to look elsewhere unless they want this kind of stuff to happen to them.

MY

GREGORY and SUSAN R.
BMW 330i
10/19/2015
Great Staff
My car needed a new battery, and my wife called to find out if they had the battery and could do the replacement. She said that they were great on the phone. We dropped the car off and went for a tea and it was done by the time we were done with the tea. All of the staff were great and attentive.

SR
Love the coffee

ROGER, TIM W.
Volkswagen Jetta
10/17/2015
Friendly, professional staff with quality service
They provide a quick turn around on all my service at a reasonable price.

MARGRET/ROBERT M.
good job!
Service was great and having the shuttle bus driver take me home and pick me up when the car was ready saved me time!

HM

FG
FAITH G.
Nissan Rogue
Quality service
Excellent service as always.

CT
CHARLES T.
10/14/2015
They were able to find the hole in my tire when my dealership couldn't.

AC
AMY C.
10/14/2015
Overpriced diagnostic test
My family and I have been bringing our vehicles to VA tire and auto for over five years. The service used to be excellent when Jack was the manager there. I've noticed a significant decrease in service and suggestions on automotive care. For example, we used to get straight answers on what services were absolutely crucial and those that could wait on being performed. I think that was my favorite aspect of VA tire and auto...straight, honest customer service. That's why we kept bringing our business there because most other automotive centers use the "scare" tactic and try to get you to pay for every single maintenance service imaginable. Our most recent service was for a check engine light. We thought it was related to some sensors we had replaced in July. Instead the diagnostic test revealed some error codes that we've been aware of for years but haven't had fixed because it doesn't affect safety or the vehicle's performance. As a result, we had to pay $121 for the test. I completely understand that there should be a charge, after all there's labor involved but you can't honestly tell me that plugging a diagnostic reader into a car costs $121 in labor.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

Thank you for your feedback.

BK
BRADY K.
10/11/2015
Quick, fast, friendly
in and out quickly. No hassle, they did the job and I was on my way. That's what I like