Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

ME
MARY E.
Infiniti QX56
06/25/2014
Oil Change includes separate labor charge
Normally, we've trusted VA Tire & Auto with our cars. But, lately, I've seen a few "sneaky" charges - one was an upgraded $79 oil change that was not authorized. Who needs an $79 oil change??? Also, the advertised oil change price came with a separate labor charge added on, so you really pay more for the oil change. Better to take your car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change where the price is upfront with no additional charges and they will vacuum and wipe your windows. We still trust them for the bigger tix items, but just watch out for those sneaky charges.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 07/01/2014

Dear Mary,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.

Virginia Tire & Auto has always made taking care of our customers our top priority. Regrettably, during your last visit we did not live up to our very high standards. I apologize that the work order was not reviewed and explained with you before performing the service. We definitely do not want to give you the feeling that we are sneaking any additional fees. I've reviewed your history and noticed that you use our Mobil 1 oil change when you have service which is listed at $74.99. What we should have done is explain the break down of the service such as disposal fee or any additional quarts of oil your vehicle may take.  Our goal is to be upfront and build relationships with our customers.

We could not have come this far as a company without our loyal customers and we truly appreciate your business.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call me at (703)327-1766 or send me an email at dviteri@vatire.com.

With my sincerest apologies,

Daniel Viteri, Manager

JEFF F.
Nissan Titan
06/25/2014
They're always courteous and helpful, and their offering of a loaner car is great. Labor costs are reasonable. I do sometimes feel like their parts (or source for them) are a bit more expensive than they should be, but overall not too bad. I'm sure if you asked and gave them time, they'd find a less expensive part.

PZ
PATRICK Z.
Mazda 3
Quick
Inspection done in about 30 mins. Friendly staff

AG
ALYCIA G.
Took too long
While the workers were generally friendly, the service took longer than projected.

SL
SCOTT/JORIE L.
Fantastic customer service
Wen tout of your way to make sure things were done properly. I appreciate it.

DON R.
06/23/2014
always great service
The staff is always responsive to my needs for service, and in an emergency they work me in. They always make sure my car is safe to drive and offer fair prices.

LN
LEWIS N.
06/22/2014
all people involved with this entity were friendly and helpful
everyone working there were friendly and helpful. while waiting for the inspection to start and during inspection, the manager, larry, came out and asked us if there was anything else he could do. he checked the model requirements and suggested items that need to be taken care of at a later date

TR
TSELANE R.
Mercedes-Benz ML350
Friendly / Informative
The technicians took the time to advise me of a temporary fix that was done on my tire when I purchased my truck. They gave me the option to purchase a new tire, or take it back to the dealer to address the tire issue.
Great job gentlemen!

STEVEN H.
Lovettsville, VA
Great, courteous,attentive service.
I find dependable and consistent reliable service at this facility. This pervaded my entire experience from the counter staff to the garage technicians.

LD
LINDA and JERRY D.
06/18/2014
Personnel who show they care about me.
Tasks are handled expeditiously. I never feel that the counter personnel or technicians are trying to take advantage of me.

IR
IAN R.
Chantilly, VA
quick state inspections
My inspection was past due and was able to grab lunch at McD next door while my inspecftion was completed.

HD
HEYWARD D.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Wonderful service
No one compares to the quality of work and customer service.

ROHITHA B.
Excellent service as always
Couldn't ask for better service and care for my vehicles. Excellent and well mannered staff. They Are so polite and professional. We feel assured when we entrust our vehicles to them.

WB
WENDY B.
06/17/2014
Courteous staff. Always Reliable. Always Honest.
Above the top notch customer service we always get, what I value most here is the honesty with which they service your cars. As a single mother with 3 daughters, I can't tell you how rare it is to find a high quality, reliable service center that doesn't try to sell you things you don't need. I ended up at VT&A because of that and will never take my car (or my girls cars) any where else.

DK
DEBORAH K.
Dodge Durango
06/15/2014
Quick oil change
Always friendly and expedient service