1988 Reviews

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

DEAN G.
07/09/2019 Category: Sales
Certified Tiguan
My wife and I purchased a certified used Tiguan two weeks ago. Nick and Durban treated us respectfully and without pressure. They fulfilled promises about having some small changes made to the vehicle as part of our purchase. The vehicle has provided better mileage than advertised and handles better than a typical SUV. I waited a little while to submit a review and can say we remain very pleased with the Tiguan and our experience with VW Duluth.

MIKE B.
Danbury, WI
06/15/2019 Category: Sales
Windshield wiper
Hard item to find for a Touareg Bit you had it. My experience with you as a team was awesome

05/02/2019 Category: Sales
Decent service
Got a used car..

REBECCA S.
Chaska, MN
Volkswagen Passat
04/15/2019 Category: Sales
Used VW Purchase
Product and sales staff were very good but closing documentation department were not likewise.

04/03/2019 Category: Sales
I like the car
I liked the sales guy. A couple of things that I was told was not quite accurate. I was told it had a new battery and it is not new but seems to be working fine. I was told that the car was completely gone over and it turns out all of the tires including the spare were quite low on air, 15 pounds of pressure instead of 35, and the wiper blades were shot. All in all small stuff in my book and I had a good experience in general. I liked the price and in general people were very helpful.

Grand Rapids, MN
Volkswagen Jetta
04/02/2019 Category: Sales
Great cars and friendly staff
Bought a new Volkswagen Jetta last month. Sales and financing staff were very accommodating and friendly. The dealership is clean, comfortable and has amenities for your wait times. My only complaint would be that I had to ask for the car's user manual before I left and there was very little in the way of explaining the cars functions and features at delivery. No experience with service yet.

SN
STEVEN N.
Jacobson, MN
03/18/2019 Category: Sales
Used 2011 Jetta TDI
I recently purchased a used 2011 Jetta and found the experience quite pleasant and was not pressured before or during the process. The sale staff I did encounter were gracious and accommodating and answered all my questions quickly and knowledgeable. Of all the vehicle purchases I have made this one was the least pressured, and for that reason alone they will get my first try on my next vehicle.
As of this time the car has been excellent and the 2 issues that have arisen have been dealt with promptly and professionally by the staff from Sales, Parts and Service working together.
I strongly recommend VW of Duluth for anyone looking for the perfect vehicle, backed by a staff that is knowledgeable and professional.
Steven

Maple, WI
03/11/2019 Category: Sales
Touareg TDI
Purchased used TDI

02/07/2019 Category: Sales
Well done VW!
Always a top shelf experience!

CG
CHASE G.
Minnesota City, MN
02/01/2019 Category: Sales
Review
Not a bad place, loving my new jetta. Kinda disappointed though in that my name was misspelled and i asked for the manufacturer's warranty packet copy and didnt receive a copy. Im not a fan of dealerships but the people there were good.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 02/04/2019

Hi Chase,

I'm sorry you're feeling disappointed. We do our very best to please all of our customers that walk in the door. We do go based off of the spelling on the drivers license when it comes to the customers name and we should have a copy of yours so we'll double check everything on our end. Also, we can have your salesmen reach out to you and mail you a copy of your warranty packet if you'd like. Please do not hesitate on reaching out to us if you need anything else.

Thank you for business and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

01/20/2019 Category: Sales
Poor excuse for customer service
Typical Evergreen dealership. More interested in the immediate gratification of a sale than the customer. The sale itself was fine other than their sorry excuse for an offer on my trade. Upon arriving to take delivery of the car, even though they had been expecting me the car was buried in the lot, covered in an inch of ice, dirty inside and out, an empty fuel tank, no 21 day permit, and it does not appear to have been through the shop or had an oil change.

Basically, my expectations were low going in and they couldn't even meet that.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 01/21/2019

Hello! I'm sorry you feel that you had a bad experience at our dealership. We truly do our best to give the very best sales experience possible.

Your vehicle was ready to go that Friday after the rustproofing was done, as mentioned by your salesman. There was a big snowstorm that day that is why your vehicle was buried in ice when you arrived Saturday. Unfortunately we did not know when you were going to stop in so we couldn't plan for it ahead of time. You did get a full tank of gas and a 21 day permit before you left our lot. I apologize that things might not have gone as smooth for your vehicle delivery as we would have liked.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you in the future.

RENA C.
Gilbert, MN
01/03/2019 Category: Sales
vehicle purchase
I found Tyler Morphew to be extremely helpful and considerate of what type of vehicle I was looking for to meet my budget and needs. However, when I test drove the 2011 Nissan Altima, there were many warning lights that appeared on the dash. Tyler got the vehicle in immediately to get diagnosed , which was an air sensory . That was fixed but the check tire pressure light was still on and the tire was flat when we got back from the test drive. It was pointed out that it needed to be fixed but it wasn't. I brought it to my mechanic and it was a quick fix as it had 2 small holes in it. Also, the price I was quoted was what I had when I arrived to pick up the car but I was then told it was 300$ more than I had expected. It was taken care of and I was extremely grateful and am very happy with my purchase. Thank you, Rena Cashman
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 01/03/2019

Hi Rena,

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your Altima. Please do not hesitate on letting us know if we can help with anything else.

CF
CHRISTOPHER F.
Zimmerman, MN
12/19/2018 Category: Sales
Great people and atmosphere
Very pleasurable experience
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 01/03/2019

Hello!

Than you for taking the time to leave us a great review! Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

BL
BRIAN L.
Bruno, MN
12/18/2018 Category: Sales
Crappy
Sell vehicle vehicles that don't have proper tires on for winter then expect you to buy th
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 12/19/2018

Hi Brian, I'm sorry that you feel that way. We did have an agreement with you that if you provided the stipulations needed to finalize the financing that we would change the tires. Since you decided not to keep the truck and ended up returning it back to us, then there was no need for us to change the tires at the time. We would certainly like to earn your business in the future so please let us know how we can help.

NG
NEWOOD G.
Grand Marais, MN
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
12/12/2018 Category: Sales
Communication is lacking
Buying my car was easy enough.

Then I had to wait 24 hours to pick it up because of a recall that needed to be done. When I picked it up the next day the check engine light came on within 5 minutes. Took it right back and it was diagnosed with an emission system error that wasn't noticed while it was being serviced. Or maybe they never did the service that they claimed they did in the 24 hours I was waiting for the car, who knows.

They gave me a loaner Tiguan, very lowest trim level with its own set of issues, and said they would be in touch when my car was fixed. After 3 days with no contact, I asked when I could expect to pick up my car and they said it was at the top of the list and would let me know. Another week goes by and no one has contacted me so I email again and they say I'm next on the list and someone will call when it's done. Another week goes by and no one has called, so I call them. They say my car has been done for a couple of days and that the service department contacted me, which never happened or obviously I wouldn't be calling.

At this point it has been a day short of 3 weeks since I paid for the car and I've driven it a grand total of 20 minutes, including the test drive. The only time anyone has contacted me is when I call or email them. Zero outreach on their part, zero effort to make up for 3 weeks the car was sitting in service. They didn't even bother to detail it afterwards. The only thing they did was loan me a Tiguan that made funny sounds when it was started and had a busted washer pump, so every time it snowed I had to go wash the windows at a gas station to be able to see.

I love Volkswagens but VW of Duluth left me with a bad impression of VW dealerships.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 12/17/2018

Hi Newood, I appologize for your experience at our dealership. Here at VW of Duluth we strive to give the best service possible to our customers. Please let us know how we can make things right.

HR
HEIDI R.
Toivola, MI
11/26/2018 Category: Sales
2018 Tiguan
Great car, great people. Worth the 4-hour drive to get my new ride.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 12/17/2018

Thank you for your review! Please do not hesitate on letting us know how we can help you again in the future. Enjoy your new Tiguan!

DK
DURBIN K.
11/17/2018 Category: Sales
Second purchase at VW OF DULUTH
Always hassle free car buying experience.

MICHAEL L.
Calumet, MI
11/14/2018 Category: Sales
Courteous and very accommodating.
We traveled over 230 miles just to interact with this dealership and our decision couldn't have been a better one. Their inventory and pricing was unmatched. The salesman interaction was superb. I was well worth the trip to deal with such a profession sales group. They answered every question, allowed us to test drive multiple vehicles and arranged appropriate financing. For a Volkswagen, I would never go to a different dealership.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 11/14/2018

Hi Michael, we appreciate you coming from such a distance, and I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for letting us help you find the right vehicle! We hope to see you again in the future.

GB
GRETCHEN B.
Grand Rapids, MN
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
11/14/2018 Category: Sales
Love my new Golf Alltrack. Tyler M and Amber D were so helpful and easy to work with.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 11/14/2018

Congratulations on your new Golf Alltrack! Please do not hesitate on letting us know how we can assit you in the future!

KIMBERLY S.
Superior, WI
Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
11/11/2018 Category: Sales
Relaxed and Low Pressure Experience
I had been car shopping for two years and knew what I wanted in a car and a dealership. I had had some bad experiences and was able to share these concerns with my salesman at VW of Duluth. Nick was great. He put me at ease and helped me find the perfect car--my new Jetta Sportwagon!
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 11/12/2018

Hi Kimberly! Thank you for letting us help you find the perfect car! Please do not hesitate on letting us know how we can help you in the future.

Congras on your Jetta!! :)