CI
CHRIS I.
TX
02/19/2020 Category: Service
Assumed I knew nothing
I went in for a timing belt for my 2003 VW TDI. I was quoted a great price but after the job was done the bill was stated as $1300 and I said that seems high. I was told it took 9 hours and then I wanted to say pig's ass, but I instead said that task should take not more than 4 hours. Mirable dictu the $1300 stated cost turned into $800 which is an ok cost.

ES
Ezra S.
02/19/2020 Category: Service
Ezra said everything went as planned and was timely.

GB
GRETCHEN B.
Grand Rapids, MN
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
02/18/2020 Category: Service
It was easy to make an appt online. Service people were helpful and friendly.

JY
Joshua Y.
02/17/2020 Category: Service
Joshua said that they did a good job.

MO
MICHAEL O.
Volkswagen Touareg
02/13/2020 Category: Service
Great service department
I use VW of Duluth for all my car maintenance needs- I feel my v-dub is in good hands. Most visits are for routine maintenance but this last visit was warranty work and everything was taken care of. I appreciate the expanded service department, as scheduling was getting challenging at times. Glad they made the investment!

IS
IAN S.
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
02/13/2020 Category: Service
VW culture
Once again outstanding service, willing to go the extra step to make sure the job is done to the tightest of vw tolerances.

Detroit Lakes, MN
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Hmm
Tire still leaking after checked....
Took it to Walmart and they took it off the rim, found the problem fixed it and put it back on. Haven't lost air since. Thanks Walmart.

TW
Tina W.
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Tina said she had to bring the vehicle back after the repair because the brakes were making noises. The seats of the vehicle were all dirty and the staff had to send her out to another business to get them cleaned.

NS
NAOMI S.
Maple, WI
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
02/09/2020 Category: Service
Outstanding staff throughout. Friendly, helpful.
I recommend VW of Duluth to everyone. Great staff, excellent service.

IG
Ian G.
Grand Rapids, MN
02/08/2020
Great staff!
Purchased a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI the other night. Nick and the other staff took the time to explain everything from the ins and outs of the vehicle, to the loan process.

JV
JOSEPH V.
Volkswagen Tiguan
02/07/2020 Category: Service
Nice and effective employees.
I had to pay $75 for three new windsheild wipers after only six months on a 2019VW Tiguan I lease. I think that's outrageous.

CK
Christine K.
Detroit Lakes, MN
02/03/2020 Category: Service
Christine said she went there for an oil change and expected it to be 1 hour, however it took 1 hour 45 minutes and she was not happy it took so long. She did state that the lady at the front desk was very nice.

DEAN R.
Bovey, MN
Volkswagen Passat
01/29/2020 Category: Service
Service after sales
I Purchased a used Passat, the transmission went out on it about a month after purchase. They worked with me to the end to get it back on the road again and covered much of the cost. I will definitely be going there again for any future purchases. Thanks

MT
MIKE T.
Finlayson, MN
Volkswagen Atlas
01/29/2020 Category: Service
Atlas
Great service, and friendly staff!

MF
MATT F.
MN
01/18/2020 Category: Service
Good service, but still could use a bit more attention to detail.
My last experience was good, but there were a few issues that could have been handled differently.

The first loaner car had water soaked carpet and we didn’t find out until it thawed and my personal things set in the back on the floor got wet and it began to smell heavy of mildew and mold. I brought it back a couple days later and requested a different loaner and was given one. I was told that they tried to clean the car multiple times, but were still having issues with water infiltration....but they weren’t sure how.
The new loaner was good though.
There seems to be a bad bottle neck in loaners. Might want to work on that through better scheduling.
The car was fixed when I got it back after bringing it in, but another issue was created from the mechanic by not ensuring the clamp on the DEF injector was seated properly and the def injector wasn’t set in and seated and every time when starting the car, there was be a heavy smell of diesel exhaust blown through the air vents inside. I called to have it checked out, but they wouldn’t be able to for quite a while. I decided to check it out and fixed it myself instead of waiting. It was quite simple and was surprised to find that the mechanic didn’t pay closer attention to that detail.
I called and let them know I got it fixed and that I didn’t need to come in anymore. They offered me a free car wash next time I came in for my inconvenience and for correcting their mistake.