1998 Reviews

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Janet B.
Mason, WI
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Janet said the business is great. She went to Duluth for a diagnosis, but the vehicle is going to be worked on in Madison. She received excellent work in Duluth. It was great customer service, she is very pleased and the employees were very courteous.

Jennifer S.
MN
08/01/2018 Category: Service
Jennifer said she had a pleasant experience with this business.

Robert B.
08/01/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the time took longer than he expected. The vehicle was in service for almost 3 and a half weeks. It took a little longer to get an estimate than he thought it would and the parts that were ordered were not localized. His expectation of the time frame was not met, he wanted to use the vehicle two weeks earlier. A little bit more of information of where they were at with the service would have been appreciated. The vehicle is running well and the job that they did was good. He has had no issues and it's working fine. He appreciates the service.

Lutsen, MN
Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
07/31/2018 Category: Service
VW service
The work was accomplished in good time and the car returned in excellent condition. The service personnel were friendly and helpful.

Danbury, WI
Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Service is outstanding
We are very impressed with your company

JOHN S.
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Harassment
Ive filled out two of these for this date plus two phone calls. If your going to harnessed me after I do business with you it will cause you to loose my business. my time is important.

Robert B.
07/24/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the overall experience went well, and they provided a ride which was helpful.

RF
RICHARD F.
Superior, WI
Volkswagen BEETLE
07/23/2018 Category: Service
slow service
I had dropped off an old 73 Bug knowing that there were likely some pretty significant repairs that would be needed to the engine if I wanted it to run well. I had shared with the service department that the Bug was not a daily driver and there was not any major rush in making repairs. Even though I had said there was no major rush, I was frustrated that I didn't hear anything for nearly two weeks and that I had to initiate any conversation with the service department. I understand that this was not a car that I had purchased at this dealership, but my wife and I did purchase a new Passat from the dealership shortly after it opened in 2012. I did not feel like a valued customer.

GL
GLEN L.
Cloquet, MN
07/21/2018 Category: Sales
Sales staff was great. GM not so much.
Our salesman was kind and help us find the car that woks for our family. The General Manager kept try to sell us add-ons and would not take no for an answer. Take her out of the equation and I give it 5 stars.

Scott B.
Makinen, MN
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Scott said his experience was great. He had an emergency and they took care of his vehicle right away.

James W.
South Range, WI
07/17/2018 Category: Service
James said, this business treated him good and he is very satisfied with the service.

David H.
Ashland, WI
07/17/2018 Category: Service
David said there were lots of technical issues with his vehicle and the business worked well to get everything sorted out. He said the business went above and beyond.

Bryan B.
Iron River, WI
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Bryan said he was in and out and the service turned out great.

CQ
CODY Q.
Solon Springs, WI
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
07/16/2018 Category: Sales
Still waiting for services that have been paid for to be completed.
Walked in and basically handed the sale to the Salesman names Adam. During the paperwork process I opted to purchased the “Northland Protection” which is undercoating for the car. The dealer, Volkswagen of Duluth, was supposed to call me to set up a day to bring it in to have this done after receiving my vehicle. They have never contacted me to set this up and they will not return my phone calls and gave me the run around when I made a personal visit. At this point I am out $800 and will contacting the FTC and a lawyer.

KR
Kyle R.
07/12/2018 Category: Service
Kyle said the staff was very friendly.

SAMANTHA C.
Nashwauk, MN
07/11/2018 Category: Sales
Good experience overall
Our experience with Volkswagen of Duluth exceeded our expectations. The sales people were very easy to work with and not pushy at all and we were able get our vehicle for a very fair price. The only negative part of the experience was the woman in financing who we felt was extremely pushy when trying to get us to buy ad-on services to our loan that we did not want or need. She presented these services to us in a deceiving way as if they were just the first step in the series of loan papers I would be signing and told me to pick which one I wanted. After turning them down multiple times she became visibly angry and unprofessional, slamming drawers and papers down on the table and making the rest of the signing tense and uncomfortable. Aside from that instance, the buying process was positive and I would do business with VWD again in the future.

HC
HAROLD C.
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
07/10/2018 Category: Service
ALWAYS MEETS HIGH EXPECTATIONS
We took our 2017 Golf All Track in for an oil change and tire rotation before a long driving trip. The service manager noticed immediately that the front left tire was worn to baldness and the rest of the tires showed a lot of wear for 32,000 miles. They were the original tires, and we expected them to last longer. They were not covered by any warranty. We went ahead and ordered a new set of tires, hoping we'd get them before our trip. The manager went above and beyond to find a set of Pirellis that were delivered the next day. He called us (we live an hour south of Duluth) and got us in the day before our departure. The new tired made a big difference in comfort and, we are sure, safety and happiness, as we could drive with complete confidence. We were a little disappointed that VW made no move to give us a break on the lousy factory tires, but such is life. Yet we can do nothing but sing their praises for the excellent folks that work in all areas of VW Duluth. We recommend them without hesitation!

DONNA G.
International Falls, MN
Good job!
Thanks for a good job on my 20,000 mile service on the Passat and for returning the car very clean.

BL
BRIANA L.
Best service!
Great services with a helpful and friendly staff.

ED
ERIC D.
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Informative and responsive service
The sales staff and service staff are very knowledgeable. The service group is very responsive. Its easy to get a service appointment and they treated me with good information and very clear explanations of the work proposed; and then reviewed what was done upon completion. They gave me rides to and from the shop which was a real benefit.